...

By xxclosed1316xx

More

Chapter 1: August Part I
Chapter 2: August Part II
Chapter 3: August Part III
Chapter 4: September Part I
Chapter 5: September Part II
Chapter 6: October Part I
Chapter 7: October Part II
Chapter 8: November
Chapter 9: December Part I
Chapter 10: December Part II
Chapter 11: January Part I
Chapter 12: January Part II
Chapter 13: January Part III
Chapter 14: February Part I
Chapter 15: February Part II
Chapter 16: February Part III
Chapter 17: February Part IV
Chapter 18: February Part V
Chapter 19: March Part I
Chapter 20: March Part II/April Part I
Chapter 21: April Part II
Chapter 22: April Part III/May Part I
Chapter 23: May Part II
Chapter 24: Finale
CHAPTER LIST: SPECIALS, SEQUEL, SHOTS, DRABBLES
Christmas Special
Valentine's Day Special
Caught Me - Chapter 1
Caught Me - Chapter 2
Caught Me - Chapter 3
Caught Me - Chapter 4
Caught Me - Chapter 5
Caught Me - Chapter 6
Caught Me - Chapter 7
Caught Me - Chapter 8
Caught Me - Finale Pt. 1
Caught Me - Finale Pt. 2
Christmas Special 2017
Dara's Approval OneShot
Tattoo OneShot
Wisdom Tooth OneShot
College Library Smut OneShot
Chaerin's Reaction Drabble
'Snowed In' - Drabble
Horror Movie Oneshot
Faded - Part I
Faded - Part II
Drunk Jensoo Snippets
Appendix OneShot
"Jisoo Kim has nothing on Nayeon" - OneShot
Proposal OneShot
Prenups OneShot
Wedding OneShot
Jisoo's Secret OneShot
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part I
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part II
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part III
Future OneShot
Jena Goes to Dinner OneShot
Accidental Stimulation OneShot
Fall Season with Jena
Jena's Costume OneShot
Valentines Day Drabble
Jennie's Game Oneshot
Jennie's Dream OneShot
Jena at the Zoo Drabble
Baby Jena and Jisoo OneShot
Injury - Part I
Injury - Part II
Injury - Part III
Injury - Part IV
Injury - Part V
Jennie Meets Seunghyun
Dara's Pregnancy - Part I
Dara's Pregnancy - Part II
Dara's Pregnancy - Part III
Dara's Pregnancy - Part IV
The Walking Dead AU OneShot
Time Traveling Jena OneShot
Eggs Oneshot
Reminiscing Oneshot
Honeymoon Oneshot
Home For The Holidays Oneshot

Babysitting OneShot

2.7K 53 3
By xxclosed1316xx

Babysitting OneShot

Prompt: Jisoo and Jennie try their hand at babysitting.

*****

"Kim!" Jennie's coach's voice boomed in the corridor Jisoo and Jennie were walking home through, tired from the day's endless activities.

Jennie paused, turning on her heel, though her hand remained firmly locked with Jisoo's.

"Coach Davis?" Jennie straightened up slightly, and Jisoo offered a smile in greeting at the man, who'd tilted his baseball cap in return.

"Kim! And Jisoo. How are you?"

Jisoo smiled at the fact that he'd gotten to know her so well after just a few meetings. Clearly, being a star player's girlfriend had its merits.

"Well sir, and yourself?" Jisoo replied politely, feeling Jennie's thumb run over her hand comfortingly.

"Not bad." He breathed, fatigued from a day of barking orders and supervising drills, no doubt. "But I could use a break. In fact, that's why I stopped you, Jennie."

"Me?" Jennie repeated a bit unsurely.

"Well. you and Jisoo." Coach Davis gave a fatherly smile. "The wife and I need a date night, and our sitter is out for the weekend. Jennie, you're the most responsible kid I know, and if you take care of the twins for just a night...I'd appreciate it."

Jennie blinked in surprise, about to open her mouth to utter 'It's my date night with Jisoo'

Until Jisoo elbowed her gently and said, "Saturday? Jennie and I would love to."

Coach Davis grinned heartily, eyes twinkling with delight. "Really? That'd be fantastic. There's nobody I'd trust more."

Jennie nodded slowly. "Um...Yes, of course. We can have them over at the apartment."

"I'm just a phone call away, and we live on campus too. Shouldn't be any trouble trying to reach me." he assured.

"Alright." Jennie nodded as he assured that he'd contact her about it soon. "See you tomorrow, coach."

And with that, Jisoo and Jennie were left alone, back on their walk home. As soon as they were out of earshot, Jennie froze, wheeling around on Jisoo.

"Baby?" Jennie asked gently. "Why'd you say yes? It was our date night. And you're a little ball of stress, Jisoo. You need to unwind."

Jisoo shrugged sheepishly, pausing to straighten Jennie's collar, worrying her lip. "I know how important it is for you to have his approval, Jen."

"Not at your expense." Jennie murmured, brushing a lock of hair behind Jisoo's ear. "I know things haven't been the easiest, for you..."

"Then help me unwind." Jisoo changed the subject.

"How? Tell me and I'll do it in a heartbeat, Jisoo."

Jisoo's heart melted at the words uttered from Jennie's lips.

"Take me home and love me, Kim."

Jennie was never more eager to follow a command.

――――――――――――――――-

"You're really gorgeous." Jisoo murmured as Jennie strode into the living room beside her, pausing right before she was about to sit on the couch.

Jennie was blushing furiously, a shy smile finding its way to her lips, which were usually pulled back into a cocky smirk.

It was funny, how they still got that way around each other. The butterflies, the shy smiles, the "crush" mentality.

"I..." Jennie's voice died in her throat, and she was unable to form words anymore. It was out of the blue- Jisoo had been sketching on the couch, tongue poking out, and Jennie was almost certain that she wouldn't have noticed her presence at all.

"I like your face." Jisoo murmured, tugging her down beside her. She paused to take in Jennie's confused smile, deciding to elaborate further to avoid sounding like a total fool.

"Sorry. That sounded kind of barbaric." Jisoo chuckled softly, lifting her fingers up to Jennie's face, dragging them slowly across her features. "I just...you're really stunning. I love everything about your face. You have these high brow and cheek bones, and the most regal look. And your nose is so cute and small. And your lips are the sexiest I've ever seen. And then...you have this freckle, right here..." Jisoo brushed her thumb against Jennie's lips, causing her to gasp slightly and drop the book she was holding. "Can I draw your face right now?" Jisoo whispered, somewhat shyly.

"That's what you want to do for date night?" Jennie chuckled, but it came out as more of a croak.

Jisoo nodded, pulling Jennie's face to her lips. "I love you."

Jennie hummed blissfully as Jisoo peppered her face with kisses. "Jisoo, I love you more."

Jisoo grinned and shook her head, giggling when Jennie's fingers slid down her sides, tickling her as she advanced on her. Jisoo's laughter lit up Jennie's world, and she grinned into the crook of Jisoo's neck.

"Okay, gorgeous. Off." Jisoo instructed, catching her breath as Jennie leaned off. "Be comfortable. We don't have that much time anyway, so I'll end up continuing this later."

Jennie nodded obediently, glancing at Jisoo in a smolder that sent her over the edge.

"I really hate that I'm so turned on by that." Jisoo grumbled, biting her lip as she lifted the edge of her sketchpad, and set to work.

It took about ten minutes until Jennie broke, unable to keep still with Jisoo's scratches and adorable tongue-poking displays of concentration.

Jennie whined and Jisoo laughed, glancing up. "Had enough?"

"...I want to see." Jennie pouted, but Jisoo snapped the sketchbook shut, shaking her head.

"I should go shower." Jisoo murmured, but she was seized up by Jennie's arms instead.

"Shower? The kids are going to be here soon. And I'll need you." Jennie protested, drawing Jisoo into her lap.

"Me? I'll be around." Jisoo sounded just a bit apprehensive, brown gaze facing the floor.

"I still want you with me." Jennie sounded dejected. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." Jisoo shrugged, turning so that her head was on Jennie's chest. "I just..." Her words trailed off, but Jennie could feel her apprehension.

It was adorable that she was worried about being liked by two childrens.

But Jennie knew better than to comment on it.

"I have a fantastic idea." Jennie boasted, drawing the blanket from the edge of the couch and laying it over both of them. "We have some time until the kids come. Why don't we get as much rest as we can?" Jennie prodded teasingly, dropping a kiss to Jisoo's head.

Jisoo sighed. Napping with Jennie was one of life's greatest gifts, if she had anything to say about it. Jennie was warm, her chest was the perfect pillow, and her arms were always tight around Jisoo. Freshly showered, she smelled like vanilla.

And on top of that, her expressions when she was sleeping were some of the cutest Jisoo had ever seen. Her nose sometimes scrunched up adorably, or her full lips would twitch into the softest smile.

"Okay." Jisoo conceded, burrowing into Jennie's warmth, breathing in her scent.

Jennie seemed all too happy just to cradle a sleeping Jisoo in her arms, closing her eyes.

Sleep came easily to both exhausted girls.

――――――――――――――――-

At the moment, Jisoo was only sure of one thing.

Mere seconds before, there had been peace and quiet, Jennie holding Jisoo and stroking her hair while they napped, the two of them soaking up the tranquility at the time.

Now, however, Jisoo couldn't even fathom the concept of peace and quiet.

It was a warzone.

There'd been a brief period of in-between, in which Jennie loitered at the door and received instructions from her somewhat haggard looking coach―this, Jisoo now recognized, should have been the first sign of imminent danger―before she'd opened it more fully to allow the entrance of two small, unassuming, suspiciously adorable four-year-old twins.

Both with shocks of red hair and baby brown eyes, they were the picture of innocence. Rachel, the older―by ten minutes, she had dutifully parroted while her father chuckled and pushed her and her sister into the house―was slightly taller than Lily, whose hair was up in pigtails as opposed to Rachel's ponytail.

They'd grinned and waved at their dad, who again thanked Jennie profusely for agreeing to watch them for the night, standing perfectly still―though Lily was twitching slightly and Rachel shifted on her feet, the second sign, Jisoo now knew―until the door was closed and they were solely in the company of Jisoo and Jennie, who were, at that moment, still woefully ignorant, optimistic young women.

That all changed with the closing of the door.

(It wasn't as dramatic as Jisoo recounted, but still hectic all the same.)

"Tag! You're it!" Jisoo startled as a tiny hand pressed against her thigh, and then, like a shot, Lily and Rachel were scampering off in every-which-way.

"No!" Jennie yelped. "Don't go in the kitchen! There are pointy things there!"

Jisoo, likewise, went running after a giggling Lily, who had been the one to 'tag' her. The child slipped under the coffee table and Jisoo, in a moment of mind-hazed panic, forgot that she wasn't small enough to fit under, and gracelessly tripped over the coffee table, eliciting another peal of giggles from Lily, who took advantage of Jisoo's pain to slip away.

Jennie, alarmed by the sound of her girlfriend crashing over the coffee table, stumbled back into the living room, hindered by the addition of Rachel―who was apparently part koala―glued tightly around her leg.

"Jisoo? Baby are you alright?"

She groaned in response, rubbing the top of her head as Jennie helped her up, and Rachel let go of Jennie's leg so quickly it must have been on fire.

"You're it!" she gasped, before again darting away.

Jisoo and Jennie made eye contact for a long second, before a crash from the general direction of the bathroom caught their attention, and sighed.

So much for a peaceful night in.

After a half-hour session of child wrangling, Lily and Rachel were successfully situated on the floor with Jennie, who despite her constant football training, was rather out of breath.

"Do you guys wanna watch a movie?" Jennie asked them, and the two nodded enthusiastically in synchronization.

"We should watch Frozen!" Rachel cheered, and Lily pulled a face.

"We watched Frozen yesterday," she pouted, "I wanna watch Bambi for animals."

"But Bambi doesn't have songs," her sister argued back, and, before it could turn into an all-out war, Jennie cut in.

"How about we watch the Lion King?" she compromised. "Animals and singing."

This appeared agreeable for the two of them, and Jisoo slunk away quietly to make dinner as the opening notes to The Circle of Life resonated through their apartment. She and Jennie had gone out and bought what they assumed to be the essential nutrition for small children―mac n cheese and chicken nuggets, which were coincidentally very popular in the diet of a broke college student―and began preparing the easy-to-make food.

She kept a keen eye on Jennie with the girls, though, her heart melting somewhat at the sight of her badass girlfriend with two children climbing all over her and belting out the lyrics in a jumble of half-enunciated words to the song playing on the television.

"Alright girls," she announced once the food was done, "what do you want first, mac n cheese, or nuggets?"

"Nuggets!" Lily chimed, at the same time Rachel yelled: "Mac n cheese!"

"I'll be right back."

When Jisoo returned with a bowl and plate in hand, she saw Lily whispering conspiratorially in Jennie's ear. However, children weren't known for their subtlety, so she heard the girl's words clearly, even with the dull roar of the tv in the background.

"She's really pretty." Jennie widened her eyes at the words before whispering―just as loudly―back.

"I think so too."

This, of course, made both of the sisters exchange a knowing look with the other, and they accepted their food from Jisoo with toothy smiles and a thank you.

"Jisoo," Rachel said after a moment, "do you think Jennie's pretty?"

"The prettiest," Jisoo agreed, and Jennie scoffed.

"No, I definitely think that Jisoo's prettier, don't you agree, Lily? Rachel?" They exchanged another glance before shrugging.

"I guess you can both be the prettiest," Lily conceded. They returned to their food, until the girl piped up again.

"Are you two married?"

Jennie choked on a bite of the salad Jisoo had made for her―because Jennie couldn't (god forbid) eat chicken nuggets and mac and cheese―and her girlfriend quickly moved to hit her on the back firmly a few times.

"No, we aren't," she answered, though this only seemed to further the confusion flitting across Lily's face.

"Why not?" she asked, innocently, and Jisoo grinned and parroted the question back at her still recovering girlfriend.

"Yeah, Jen, why not?"

"It makes sense to be married," Rachel told Jennie, "especially cos you both think each other are super pretty."

"And then you could be parents!" Lily agreed. "And have parent time." She frowned. "I don't know what parent time is but mommy and daddy say it's fun." Jennie pulled a face at the thought of her coach having parent time, before trying to formulate a response.

"I can't marry Jisoo because I don't have a ring yet," she told them.

"Then get one," Rachel demanded, and Jisoo laughed when Jennie rested her head in the palms of her hands.

"God they sound just like my mother."

It was going to be a long night.

――――――――――――――-

"What's your job?"

The movie had ended and thus, the twins had decided that it was time for the Spanish Inquisition.

"Oh, Jennie and I are still in school―" Jisoo's attempted explanation of the American education system was cut off by Lily's input.

"Jennie plays football," she told her sister matter-of-factly, "remember? Daddy said she was on his team."

"Ohh," Rachel nodded, "makes sense." She then turned the full force of her attention to Jisoo. "What do you do?"

"Jisoo's an artist," Jennie told them gently before her girlfriend could speak again, and like Christmas trees, the girls' faces lit up at the news.

"Does that mean you color?" Lily squealed, and her sister rolled her eyes.

"She's an artist she can draw, not just color." Lily stuck her tongue out at Rachel who mimicked the action.

"Draw, paint, you name it," Jisoo grinned, "though I'm not the best at pottery."

"Oh oh oh can you teach us?" Rachel pleaded. "Pretty please?"

It was then that Jisoo discovered that Jennie's puppy-dog eyes weren't the only ones that worked on her, and she was quickly roped into a finger-painting lesson.

Thankfully, Jennie had bought some non-toxic paints earlier in the month―the fumes aren't good for your stress headaches, Jisoo, she had said―and old sheets had been spread across the dining table, further lined with white butcher paper that Jennie had managed to scavenge.

"That's very... abstract..." Jennie smiled when she looked at Lily's bright collage of different colors.

"It's a rainbow!" she chirped happily. "For you and Jisoo."

Jennie arched an eyebrow and exchanged a look with Jisoo. "And why are Jisoo and I a rainbow?"

"Cos rainbows are pretty," Lily responded simply, "and you and Jisoo are pretty."

"I'm makin a monkey," Rachel interrupted, "because I like monkeys."

It was messy, to say the least. Jennie slunk away to grab her phone as Jisoo bent over next to the two girls, carefully moving their little wrists to make the proper shapes with their equally tiny fingers on the paper, smudges of paint smeared across her face whenever one of the twins got a little too excited about their art.

Jennie took a few pictures to post on her twitter later―with the permission of her coach, of course―as the interaction was too cute to miss immortalizing.

"Jisoo," Rachel said, as seriously as a girl her age could, "you have paint on your face."

"Do I?" Jisoo grinned, stealing a look at herself in the reflection of the window. "Hm, well I'll have to do something about that, won't I." Her grin turned devilish when instead of reaching for the damp cloth Jennie had set on the table―knowing full well that a mess couldn't be avoided when there were children involved―she dipped her fingers into the yellow paint and smeared them across Rachel's cheek before the little girl could even blink, causing Lily to dissolve into a peal of giggles.

"Hey!" Rachel huffed indignantly, but her eyes were sparkling. "It's not funny, Lil!" Her twin, however, was still laughing, and in the only way Rachel could think to respond, she soon found herself with purple paint splashed on her forehead.

And that was how the great paint war began.

Lily chased Rachel around the table and Jisoo deftly lifted her out of the way, though she smeared more paint on the girls' faces than either of them could get each other,

"You know what?" Jisoo said after a few minutes of this. "I don't think it's fair that Jennie is getting left out of all of the fun."

Three sets of eyes set themselves on the football player in question, who had only moments of realization dawning on her perfectly paint-free face before three bodies were lunging in her general direction.

"Attack!" Lily yelled, though it escaped as more of a giggle.

Playing along, Jennie let herself get bombarded, grinning as her face became a canvas.

"Ah!" she yelped. "Tiny hands! My only weakness!" Jisoo, amidst the chaos, had taken over Jennie's phone to take a few pictures of her own, but Jennie―ever competitive―was not one to get tackled without retribution, so she sprung up, red paint in hand, and dumped the contents into her girlfriend's lovely honey colored hair, making sure it stayed by pulling Jisoo into a tight hug of doom.

"Red really isn't your color, sunshine," Jennie grinned, laughing as Jisoo's eyes narrowed.

"Oh it is so on, Airbud."

Getting dirty the girls seemed to have no problem with.

It was getting clean that was the issue.

Jisoo, with red hair and purple lips to match Jennie's―who had made a Halsey reference before kissing Jisoo's previously blue lips with her own red―was currently standing guard at the bathroom door while her equally as dishevelled girlfriend wrestled again with the four-year-olds, but this time trying to get them into the soapy water so that they could get ready for bed.

"I don't wanna," Rachel whined, and Lily echoed the sentiment, looking close to tears, lip quivering―Jisoo really hated those big doe-eyes now, for making her feel like some sort of monster for just attempting to do something as trivial as clean the girls―as she squirmed in Jennie's grip.

"But we have to be clean if we want to sleep," Jennie reasoned, "otherwise you'll get paint all over the furniture."

"No sleep!" Lily cheered, at the same time Rachel pouted: "No soap!"

"Please, guys?" Jisoo wore a faux pout, one that had Jennie glancing at her with adoring eyes, falling for it just as much as the kids. "...What if I told you some awesome bedtime stories?"

There was a moment of indecision. A moment that could have left more paint tracks on the floor, more screams reverberating off the bathroom walls, and more headaches for Jisoo and Jennie.

But the moment passed, and the girls were afforded a break, by the kids.

"Okay. For bedtime stories." Lily pouted and Rachel nodded as they acquiesced with hefty sighs, sinking into the water Jennie had drawn.

Jennie's jaw dropped slightly as she stared at Jisoo with reverence, as if she had just fallen out of the sky itself. "You're..."

"I know." Jisoo gave her a smug smile, but she was unprepared for the way Jennie, who'd been kneeling on her hands and knees by the tub, launched for her legs and wrapped around them, giving her a worshipping hug below the waist.

"Whoa." Jisoo chuckled, running her hand through Jennie's hair. "Hey."

A small but persistent voice interrupted their moment of relative peace and love.

"Are you guys gonna kiss now?" Rachel questioned, leaning against the edge of the tub, fluttering her long eyelashes, water droplets clinging to them.

"Are you gonna ask Jisoo to marry you? Cause you're on your knees anyway." Lily added sagely, stroking her foam beard in deep thought.

Jennie turned red and buried her face in Jisoo's legs for a moment before regaining her will to face the room, and her girlfriend.

Jisoo was blushing furiously, pulling away from Jennie. "Um..."

"Okay." Jennie coughed out, rather awkwardly.

"I'm just..."

"Oh, I'll...."

"I'm gonna go clean up while you bathe them."

"...Right. Yeah." Jennie nodded.

"Love you." Jisoo mumbled with a shy sort of smile, slipping out the door.

"Ooooh." Lily and Rachel mocked simultaneously, voices crescendoing as Jennie glanced at them.

"What?"

"You loooooooove her." They mocked once more, splashing around, getting Jennie's dry shirt hopelessly wet.

Jisoo could still hear the echoes of laughter from the bathroom as she rounded the corner. Most distinctly, however, she heard Lily's "Ooh! What's this sparkly ball, Jennie?"

"Oh. That's a bath bomb. You drop it in the water, and it fizzes, and changes the color of the bath! That one sparkles."

"Can we use it? Please?" Rachel (or so Jisoo thought, it was hard to tell their voices apart from such a distance), begged.

"Oh. Sure." Jennie's affirmation sent the girls cheering once more. "Yeah, there you go. Drop one in there. See? Perfect, it's fizzing, and- Wait. Lily, no, one's enough. Lily? LILY, NOT THE WHOLE SET-"

Jisoo winced as she heard an eruption of giggles, and then what sounded like a hearty splash as Jennie probably dove to pull them out of the water, muffled by the sound of one of those devil children opening up the showerhead on top of her.

Jisoo bit her lip as she saw the first hints of water begin to flow from under the closed door.

With a resigned sigh, she turned to grab the spare towels.

--------------

Nearly an hour and a half. It took nearly an hour and a half to clean two four year old girls. At the cost of Jennie's soul, apparently.

The good news was, the girls seemed to be exhausted after trying Jennie's patience with so much diligence. They stumbled out of the bathroom in little onesie pajamas with animal tails and hoods, bumping into Jisoo's legs as she turned to greet them, finishing up cleaning the kitchen and living room, returning them to their spotless grace.

"Hey Jisoo!" Rachel grinned, sitting on her shoe, cozying up to her.

"Hi there." Jisoo smiled, setting her dish rag down. "What cute pajamas! Are you a lion?"

"Yeah." Rachel grinned ferally. "Lions are brave and strong and the rulers of the jungle."

"Lions don't live in jungles, smartypants." Lily reproached with a click of her tongue.

Jisoo grinned when she took in Lily's raccoon onesie, complete with a hood and striped tail. "Oh, and you're a raccoon, huh?"

"Yup." Lily smirked proudly. "I have deposable thumbs."

"Deposable?" Jisoo echoed amusedly.

"That's the word, right?" Lily nodded. "My teacher said it in class."

"Um, close." Jisoo praised gently, noting how the kids were latching onto her legs. They seemed to be rather fond of her. "Y'know, Jen reminds me of a raccoon." She smiled fondly.

"Oh, does she eat out of the trash?" Lily grimaced.

Jisoo snorted in laughter, shaking her head. "Hardly. I have to buy really expensive groceries for her. She looks like one when she plays, though. Have you seen her play?"

"Yeah!" Rachel cheered, excited to have a say in the conversation. "I think my older sister has a crush on her! She had dark black stuff around her eyes, and she scares the boys away because she wins all the time! Jennie's my hero!

Jisoo smirked. "Yeah?"

"She's my hero, too." Jisoo murmured, patting their heads.

"Who?" Jennie's voice sounded from the entryway from the bedroom as she padded over, wet hair up in a bun, wearing one of her old jerseys and shorts, looking fresh, clean, and incredibly worn out.

"You." Jisoo smiled when the kids leapt off her and scurried over to the couch, awaiting their promised story time.

Jennie's gaze softened as she stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Jisoo's waist. "I'm your hero? You're my hero."

"Smooth, Kim, but not gonna do you a lick of good tonight." Jisoo teased, hugging Jennie close.

"I mean it." Jennie murmured. "I can't believe you cleaned everything without me."

"Well, you wrangled the kids. Least I could do was help."

"They're waiting on you for storytime." Jennie acknowledged with a small grin. "They love you, Jisoo Kim. I mean, not nearly as much as I do, but still."

"I don't know why." Jisoo scoffed. "You've been the one handling them."

"Oh, please. I have never met a single person who hasn't fallen in love with you." Jennie nudged her gently. "And if we didn't have an audience, who's staring at us pretty keenly by the way, I'd shower you with kisses." Jennie's whispers caused Jisoo to shake with laughter.

"Well, I'm going to go rinse off. Can you keep them busy until bedtime?" Jisoo asked, hiding her blush.

"Yes ma'am." Jennie saluted. She turned to the kids, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation with wide eyes and sheepish smiles. "Who wants to get tucked in first?"

"Booooo!" Lily pouted. "Don't wanna! Not tired!" Her eyes belied her words, however, and Jennie could tell they were drooping.

"Okayyyyy." Jennie drawled awkwardly, wishing the kids were half as sensible as June. Oh, sweet June, who would listen to Jennie's every word when she used to babysit. She missed her brother a lot, and these kids were only salt in the wound. "What about...a pillow fort?"

Jennie regretted every letter that spilled from her lips.

----------------

Jisoo, freshly showered and in one of the tops she'd stolen from Jennie's side of the closet (which, by now, had really meshed into one supercloset that they loved sharing), emerged into the living room, lifting a brow when she saw what had become of her home.

There was a monstrosity: a pile of blankets and pillows stacked sky-high, giggles sounding from within. It was surprisingly well built, and Jisoo knew that was Jennie's genius.

"Hello?" Jisoo called out, stepping towards the apparent entrance, if it could even be called that.

It all happened so quickly.

A tiny hand shot out of the pillow fort, wrapping around Jisoo's ankle with a solid grip. And it tugged relentlessly, likely in an effort to get Jisoo into the "fort".

What it actually resulted in was Jisoo losing her balance, sending her crashing towards the floor. As she shut her eyes, ready for the pain, she instead felt two very familiar arms wrap around her from behind, catching her with grace and ease.

"Whoa." Jennie breathed, gently easing Jisoo down as she knelt. "You good?"

"Aside from murderous toddlers-"

"We're not toddlers!" A voice protested. "We're four!"

"...Murderous young ladies." Jisoo corrected with an eyeroll. "I'm good."

"Girls." Jennie chided, stroking Jisoo's side. "Can we please not kill my girlfriend? I need her."

"Sorry!" They chimed in unison. "We just want her to come inside and tell us a story!"

Jennie smiled, nuzzling Jisoo's neck. "You heard them, love."

Jisoo nodded, regaining her composure. "Okay, sure. Make room."

And with hands and knees, she began to crawl into the fort, followed by Jennie, who may or may not have teasingly kissed her arched butt before they went into the monstrosity invading her living room.

------

"And then, um, do the earth and sky girl get married?" Lily asked shyly, while Rachel yawned, curling into her side.

Jisoo chuckled, leaning back on Jennie's supportive grip. "I don't know. We haven't thought of the rest of it yet, have we, Jen?"

Jennie smirked. "I have a pretty good feeling they will." She snuck an arm around Jisoo, eager to hold her.

"But...but what if something happens?" Lily asked, eyes wide. "What if...if they never get to get married and have babies and be happy?"

Jisoo smiled, gently patting her leg. "I think it'll be a happy story, in the end."

"Can I sleep over again so I can find out?" Lily asked, shoving Rachel off her as her sister began to snore.

Jennie looked terrified at the mere proposition. Jisoo quickly recovered, nodding. "...Of course. Later, though. We still have to think of the rest of the story."

"Mkay." Lily nodded, seeming to accept the response, as she yawned, resting her head on Jisoo's lap, which was decidedly her pillow.

"Oh." Jisoo breathed, watching the girl drift off to sleep there, seemingly unbothered by the fact that she'd only known Jisoo for such a short time. "Okay then."

"We need to get thing one and thing two to bed." Jennie murmured. "I already fixed the couch up. Can you carry her?"

"Yeah." Jisoo nodded, smiling at Jennie's reference. "You get Rachel."

And so with great care, they lifted the blanket-flap that served as the entrance to their fort, carrying the twins out as they laid them gently on the couch, tucking them in with blankets stolen from the tops of the fort.

The girls hardly stirred, almost drooling in their sleep as they curled up onto the couch.

Jennie turned out the lights, grabbing Jisoo's hand as she led her girlfriend to their bedroom, both equally exhausted from being temporary "parents" for a night.

"Where are we going?" Jisoo whispered, fearful that she might accidentally wake the sleeping children in the living room and invoke their wrath.

"To bed." Jennie chuckled softly, leaving the bedroom door open as she tugged Jisoo onto the bed with her, falling less than gracefully.

"You're as tired as I am, huh?" Jisoo mumbled.

"Yeah." Jennie nodded, fixing Jisoo with an extra loving gaze.

"What?" Jisoo asked, sitting up on her knees, Jennie mirroring her actions playfully. "You're staring."

"It's just...you were so amazing with them, Jisoo." Jennie admitted, almost shy to reveal her train of thought. "I don't want to seem forward but..."

"-It all seems like it could be our reality now, couldn't it?" Jisoo finished for her, as usual, completely in sync with Jennie's thoughts.

"Yeah." Jennie breathed. "You're going to be so amazing with baby...Seunghyun?" Jennie tried gently, glancing up into Jisoo's brown eyes with a slightly worried gaze.

Jisoo swallowed the lump in her throat. She nodded slowly, and Jennie gave her a watery smile, leaning forward and peeling Jisoo's shirt up to press a symbolic kiss to her stomach.

Jisoo's hands tangled in Jennie's hair, gently coaxing her up to her lips so that she could give her a proper kiss. She was alight with the mere idea of having Jennie's children, someday.

Jennie motioned for her to get under the covers, tugging them over them both as she turned to curl into Jisoo's warmth, sticking to her as per usual. "They're bound to wake up early." She noted, as it was still rather early for them to be sleeping on a weekend night.

Jisoo frowned and mumbled a profanity, before soaking in all of Jennie, immediately relaxing her.

"I love you." Jisoo whispered into the semi-darkness, feeling Jennie shuffle against her.

"I love you too." Jennie's answer was exhausted, mumbled, and immediate. "G'night, Jichu." She mumbled adorably, words muffled by her lips against the crook of Jisoo's neck.

"Night." Jisoo allowed sleep to overtake her, sated by the feel of Jennie's body on hers, and the gentle pattern of her breathing.

--------

A scream startled Jisoo from her peaceful, much needed slumber, and her first reaction was to leap up in bed, heart racing. Her eyes were blurry, blinking in the golden haze of the morning light.

Her clock read: 8:00, in bright neon lettering.

Jennie.

Her heart nearly leapt out of her chest.

"Breathe, baby." Jennie's voice was so present and near, it couldn't have possibly been the source of the scream.

Jennie, she'd realized, was still in bed beside her, rubbing her back soothingly, tugging her back down into bed.

Another scream.

This time, followed by...giggles?

"Lily! I'm gonna catch you!" The voice was young, and angry, and oh-

The twins.

Jennie was laughing melodiously, arms wrapping around Jisoo protectively, making her feel safe despite her realization that it was merely the twins, leaping around the apartment.

"Don't laugh, asshole." Jisoo huffed.

"Good morning to you too, oh love of my life." Jennie crooned, tugging Jisoo flush against her.

"Do these kids ever sleep?" Jisoo whined, burying her face in Jennie's shoulder.

"I suppose not." Jennie hummed cheerily. "Does this mean you don't want to have my babies anymore? Three? Like we agreed on?"

"Zero." Jisoo snapped, but there was playful mirth in her tone.

"Oh, come on now. Mommy Jisoo has a ring to it." Jennie prodded gently.

"Jennie. I love you more than I have ever loved anything or anyone in my life. But after this weekend, I don't think I ever want to see another child again, let alone have yours."

Jennie grinned, breaking out into a new wave of laughter as she rubbed Jisoo's back. "They leave in an hour. Then you can go back to sleep. How does that sound?"

"Good." Jisoo mumbled, and despite Jennie's words, she found her eyes closing once more, face buried in the crook of Jennie's neck.

"JISOO!" Lily screeched as she bolted into the room, sending chills up Jennie's spine with the shrillness of her shrieks as she leapt onto the bed, (and directly onto Jisoo's gut), sending her girlfriend into a breathless choking fit.

"JENNIE, HELP ME CATCH HER!" Rachel's scream pierced the air as she scrambled after her sister, and Jennie could do nothing but stare as the twins clobbered each other, and her girlfriend wheezed to death at the head of the bed, clutching her chest.

One hour.

They could handle it.

* * ©EffortlesslyOpulent * ** * ©sam_kom_trashkru * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 1.1K 17
π™ΉπšŽπš—πš•πš’πšœπšŠ πšŠπš—πš 𝚈/πš— πšœπšπš˜πš›πš’ π™»πš’πšœπšŠ πš‘πšŠπšœ πš‘πšŽπš› πšπš πš’πš— πš’πš— πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš˜πš›πš’ 𝚈/πš— 𝙢!𝙿
183K 6.7K 34
Jisoo GP Β©Charity Ferrell
971K 26.7K 26
Red Velvet's leader ΒΏ BlackPink's maknae ΒΏ
28.6K 1.6K 35
"I will let fate work for us, if you really destined to be mine even how hard our situation is, there will be always a way to reach your heart"