Skulls and Bones ° STEVE ROGE...

By bokuroos

you win the war but you lose everything else [steve rogers x edith rutherford] [the infinity saga] [cover by... More

( introduction )
( volume one )
( chapter one )
( chapter two )
( chapter three )
( chapter four )
( chapter five )
( chapter six )
( chapter seven )
( chapter eight )
( chapter nine )
( chapter ten )
( chapter twelve )
( chapter thirteen )
( chapter fourteen )
( chapter fifteen )
( volume two )
( chapter sixteen )
( chapter seventeen )
( chapter eighteen )

( chapter eleven )

1.5K 83 33
By bokuroos

( THE STAR SPANGLED MAN WITH A PLAN!

Dear Edith,

        They have me wearing tights. I know what you're probably doing, giggling at the thought of me in show tights. To help the image, they're dark blue, like the flag. My costume is basically the flag. I'm going to be Captain America.

        I know it's only been a couple of days, but I already miss you, Edith. I miss your hugs and your smile and I keep on drawing you over and over again. 

        I'm going to be heading to the first tour date soon and I'm in no way prepared for this. They have a script and I have no idea what I'm saying. I'm scared I'm going to freeze in front of the audiences. Plus, I'm not just going to embarrass myself in front of New York's population, I'm touring around the country. 

        I wish you could have come with me. It would have made this much more enjoyable. Plus, if I would have been able to, I would have convinced them to let you be a showgirl. You'd be the prettiest Star Spangled Singer in the whole chorus. 

I love you.

Eternally yours,

Steve.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

Dear Steve,

        Oh, of course you're in tights! You're a showgirl yourself, love. Walking on that stage and saying your piece, you're a performer, Steve! Maybe this was your calling! Instead of being a comic book illustrator, you're meant to be in the dazzling lights and getting applauded. 

        When you come to New York with this little show, I demand tickets, Steve! Tickets! I have to see you in those damn tights. I demand it. If you're to be Captain America, then I want to meet Captain America. Though, I'd hate to tell you, I don't think I'll like him as much as Steve Rogers. 

        I have to say though, I'm collecting the stamps from your letters. I have never seen this many and it's honestly a pleasure. Plus, this way, I have a souvenir from the places you go without you spending an outrageous amount of money on me. I'll just have the stamps, thanks. 

        I miss you too. And I want to see these drawings. I wish I could do something artistic, but alas, the only gift I can give you is help fixing clothes. Which, come to think of it, instead of being a show girl, why don't I come and help fix those tights of yours. 

I love you.

Your Darling,

Edith.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

Dear Edith, 

        I stepped on someone's toe today. Completely on accident, but I got them with the heel of my costume boots. I felt so bad. I guess I'm just not used to taking up so much space yet. Being big is weirder when you're used to being small. 

        The best par of doing these shows is not the fact that I'm raising money for the war effort. I mean, that is a plus, but the audience has so many kids and I'm giving them hope in this time. That there is someone like a superhero that is fighting for America and won't let the other powers win. 

        They're gonna be making movies about Captain America's war adventures. I'm going to be starring in movies, Edith. I'm going to be the main star of movies and I'm going to be "fighting" Nazis.

        I don't know how my life came to this. I just wanted to fight for my country and instead they made me into a tight wearing movie star. 

I love you.

Eternally yours,

Steve.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

Dear Steve,

        You're a busy man, Captain America. Though, I have to say, I do enjoy watching your movie. I like being able to see you, even if you are dressed up with that mask-hood-thing on. I don't think I pictures you running into war with a shield. However, I'm not an expert in fighting whatsoever. As long as you're having fun filming and going on tour. 

        And you don't love the girl they throw in the movies to make you see more manly or whatever. I think I'd have to come and find you and knock some sense into you. I don't care that you're this big shot now, you were my Steve Rogers first. I hope you remember that, Mr. Rogers, and hope that all this fame doesn't go to that head of yours. You're already perfect, we don't need that going to you head. 

        I had to call the plumber again, the pipes keep groaning and acting up. I just don't understand, because as soon as they check them out, they say they're fine. Nothing's wrong with them. Which is annoying because I'm using the money that Gordon's sending back and I feel terrible about that. 

        When are you coming to New York? I miss you. I know I said that I enjoyed your movie, and I did, but it's also hard to see you and not be able to touch you. At least you're only on a USO tour and not in the actual war right now. I think I'd be confined to my apartment because Captain America is everywhere. 

        They're making comic books now too. It's strange to think about how you could be the one drawing yourself. I'm collecting all of them for you, even if it might be weird. 

I love you.

Your Darling,

Edith.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

Dear Edith,

        I'd never thought I'd get tired of punching Hitler, but... I'm tired of punching Hitler. I wonder if George gets tired of falling every night. I mean, obviously the kids enjoy seeing Hitler fall, but it's getting a little old. It doesn't help that I want to be fighting in the war, they're making it seem like I'm fighting in the war, but I'm not fighting in the war. 

        I'm yours as much as you're mine. If I come back from this tour and find you with some other guy, I'm going to be angry and heartbroken. You're my girl, Darling, and even picturing you in another man's arms makes my jaw tick. 

        I broke the pen. Thanks for that, it was a perfectly good pen. 

        And, they did introduce a love interest into the movies. They made her an agent in the army and she reminds me a lot of Peggy Carter, the agent I told you about in basic training. Which, I would have preferred if my on screen love interest resembled you. Though, it pains me to think about you sitting at home, waiting for my letters or the newspapers to tell you whether or not I'm alive. 

        Now I understand why you're so worried. I mean, I did with Bucky, but you have Gordon, Bucky, and me to worry about. Wow, I never thought about it like that before. I'm sorry, Darling. 

        As soon as I know when I'm going to be in New York, I'll tell you the date and send you the tickets. I'll get you the best seat in the house, along with Bucky's family, if you don't mind them tagging along. 

I love you.
Eternally yours,
Steve.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

Dear Steve,

        I'm excited to see you in those blue tights. I mean, I get to see them in the movie as well, too, so I'm at an advantage here. Also, I was not expecting that for a love interest. I mean, sure, you did have to save her, but only when they managed to tie her up. Before that, she totally could have won the war without you, not going to lie.

        Well, that's how I'm going to imagine it, anyway. 

        I think they gave you the same love interest in the comic books too, so I don't know whether to be offended or relieved that I'm not depicted it in your fictional life. I don't think i'm jealous though. I mean, sure, it's crappy to see you kissing some other girl in movies, but that's Captain America. 

        Plus, like I said, the agent could finish the war before you even have time to catch up. No offense, love, but she's a badass. If this Peggy is like that, I don't even know why they brought you into the war effort. 

        I'm just kidding. You'll get your time and show all the people that ever doubt you, Steve, that you're there to fight and can fight just like they can. You were chosen to be that perfect specimen for a reason. You're a good man, Steve. 

        I love you. And I will, whether this change is permanent or not. I'll always have a soft spot for you being only four inches taller than me. The foot is a little intimidating. 

Your Darling,

Edith.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

Dear Edith,

        In the envelope, there should be tickets for the New York show! Well, your ticket. I've already sent Bucky's family their's and know that they agree to meet you there. I hope to see you in the audience, wearing that green dress you had on. The one I was supposed to take you dancing in. I'm still hoping to take you dancing sometime. Maybe after all of this is done. 

        They also said that I could spend the day catching up with my family in New York. And, since I'm sure Bucky's sisters and brothers are going to be busy with themselves, I'm going to be with you. So, expect me bright an early on the day of the show! 

        Honestly, if any one could stop Hitler without what they made me, it would be Peggy. Or maybe you, if you had enough motivation. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorn. Not that I'd ever scorn you, of course. In fact, I'm hoping to never scorn you ever. You mean too much to me. 

        I like the height difference. You're just cute to me now. And easier to pick up. I can carry you to bed much easier like this. ... Not like that. I did not mean it like that. 

        I'm just going to stop writing now. I'll see you soon.

I love you.

Eternally yours,

Steve.

____________

y'all ain't ready for the next chapter dncwsabfchadsbuhcf

you're gonna love it, these two are so cute, and the next chapter is really gonna solidify their relationship. you're going to love it so much. i know i do fehwafcl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 1.1K 16
Olivia Stark did not expect or want to fall for the Mad Titan but you can't choose who you love ! {Infinity War~Endgame} {Thanos X fem!OC} {completed}
175K 5.9K 86
𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬 | "ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ (ʏ/ɴ) ᴢᴏʟᴏʜᴏᴠ ғɪɢʜᴛs ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ." ⧗ вσσк тωσ σƒ тнє zσℓσнσν ѕєяιєѕ "𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚, 𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙖 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙜�...
1.1M 38.9K 95
Y/N gets sucked into the Avengers movie. What could go wrong? Will she be able to tell the Avengers what's about to happen in the future events? Or w...
60.8K 1.7K 51
"He walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire." - "I have completely fallen for you. Everything...