Freak Shake (The Hollens Book...

By MavelineBelle

Jevan Hollen, son of the billionaire Evan Hollen, was the most popular boy in his highschool. His excellence... More

Introduction
Being The New Girl
Underneath Wings
It Starts With A Smile
Ending The Beginning
Cheer For Us Or Against Us
Get Your Lunch On
Roses Are Red
Only Fools Rush In
Crazy
You Got That Right
Sealed With A Kiss
Tell Me About It
Anger Written In Red
When The Moms Meet
The First Argument
When The Pressure Arrives
Certainly
Let's Party
Happy Birthday Jevan
The Last Hold
Without Her
Truth
The Letter
Pop Up, Guess Who?
Night Flight To France
Lost For Words
Meeting Jason
Set The Date
What You Don't Know
What Are Friends For
Too Close For Comfort
Trouble In Paradise
A Wrath and A Secret
The Bedroom Picnic
MamaBear
Red Flag
Blast From The Past
Unexpectedly
All Things Lost
Force To Reckon With
Trail Of Fire
In Your Shoes
Dark to Light
Supposed To Be
Disastrous Dates
Parental Control
The Recovery
Truth and Trust
The Event
Are You Ready
What's Coming ???
From One Hundred To Zero
The Misunderstand-Ring
Confessions Of A Bitch
Additional
Dahlia
The Hunt Continues
Rocks In The Head
Crossing BorderLine
Who Knew
Chip Off The Old Block
Dare The Dream
Come Back
To Have And To Let Go
The Light At The End
Trial
Happy Ever After Does Exist

History Has It

12.5K 754 112
By MavelineBelle

Dedicated to praise__1
*Thank you for your comments and reading thus far* ❤

Blossom's POV

It has been two weeks later and my suspension was finally over. Although I found myself being enthusiastic about my return, I was hesitant on what else were in store for me at PHS.

I walked through the halls like I did on the first day. Two weeks away from this place, felt brand new all over again.

Nina and Sophia saw me almost immediately and break into a run towards me. On reaching, they crushed me into a tight hug.

"O.M.G. You have no idea how much we've missed you," Nina said, wiping at her eyes as if she was actually crying.

"It was like torture without you being here," Sophia added, "Don't ever leave us again."

"I'll really try not to this time around," I told them and we went towards our lockers.

Nina was healthy and was herself again, and she asked about the fight, and I described how it went down, she applauded me.

"Sophia is right. I think it's about time someone stands up to Brooke and give her a taste of her own wrath. And Blossom, you did just that. I'm so proud of you!" Nina broke into a squeal and hugged me again.

"What's your first period?" Sophia asked me when the morning bell rang.

"History."

"With who?"

I took a moment to check my schedule. "Mr. Snagg."

Nina and Sophia had different subjects with me. They followed me to Mr. Snagg's history class before going to their own.

_____________
I sat down in the middle and flipped open the history book on the desk. Other students filed in quickly and so do the teacher.

"Good morning class. Today, we would be continuing our topic from last week," Mr. Snagg begun as he wrote the topic on the board.

'Slavery'.

"Who can tell me what started slavery?" Mr. Snagg asked.

A hand shot up. I looked in its direction and saw that it was Brooke's. And although her head was up, she was looking at me with a smirk on her glossy lips.

"Yes, Brooke," Mr. Snagg said to her.

I watched as she put her hand down and cleared her throat and twirled her hair around her fingers.

"Well, Mr. Snagg. The answer is simple. Black people started slavery," she answered.

There were some gasps from the other students.

"Oh come on Brooke, so you're saying that black people wanted to be treated with whipping, burning, hanging and all those other stuff?" a male student asked her.

"Yes!" Brooke lash out. "In fact, the first slave owner was a black man. Let that sink in for a bit and ask yourselves why my ancestors never went to China or Russia which are also large countries. Why Africa?

I'll tell you why, it's because black people were treating and selling their own black people as slaves. And hence forth, the Europeans joined in and took over.
You can't blame someone for doing something to you that you were doing to yourself!" She finished.

I shook my head at her.

"Actually, I agree with Brooke. As mean as it may sound, research and history have shown that the Europeans bought slaves. But who did the selling?

It was said Africans capturing other Africans from different Ethics groups and selling them," other girl chimed in.

"Blossom, you're from Africa and I'm sure you've heard stories. What's your theory?" Brooke asked me.

Every pair of eyes fell on me, even the teacher's.

"Go ahead Blossom," Mr. Snagg said.

"While I agree that the first slave owner was Anthony Johnson, a black man, and that my people indeed captured and sell slaves to the Europeans, I don't agree that that made it okay to treat other human beings in such manners as the slaves were treated. It was despicable on both sides."

"So you agree that it was your people's fault?" Brooke asked me again with a laughter after.

"Okay, okay. Let's not get tensions into the air. This is a friendly discussion and we're moving on.

Who can tell me who freed the slaves in America and what date it took place?"

"Abraham Lincoln. On January 1st 1863," I answered.

"Excellent. On pages ten to twenty, are all the information about the trades, the owners, the boats, the counties and all the ways slaves were treated. Study it. Pop Quiz next class," Mr. Snagg finished.

"Uughhh," the class groaned and we used the remainder of the session to catch up on the studies.

__________________

At lunch, I sat in the cafeteria with my friends. I haven't seen Jevan all morning.

"Hey, you guys saw Jevan this morning?" I asked them.

"Nope," they answered.

We continue our meals, hoping that Jevan or Connor would appear but they didn't.

_____________

"I think we should go up there and see what's going on!" Sophia ordered and we started climbing to the secret lunch room.

Sophia pushed in the door and our eyes collided. Jevan's friends were having lunch but Jevan was standing in the corner, shouting in his phone.

He had an angry look on his face but it shifted when he saw me

He came towards me immediately, ending the call.

"Hi. I'm so sorry about lunch. I was caught in something and didn't even notice lunch is almost over," he explained.

"It's okay. I haven't seen you all morning. I just wanted to see you," I told him.

"Glad you're here. Because this little guy is now your responsibility. It's so good you're back." He handed our baby to me and planted a kiss on my forehead then my lips.

We heard the bell shortly after and we departed to our classes to finish off the day.

________________

After taking the school bus home since my mother had practically banished Jevan from my life (or at least, that's what she thought), I found the house to be empty.

I was expecting my mother to be home. She said she was going to be home bit I guess she was called into work.

I made myself something to eat and started to do some light cleaning. My mother had left her jacket on the sofa again. I picked it up to put it on a hook behind the door, when something fell out from it.

Peering down at what it was, I didn't want to believe my eyes.

I picked up the ring that was covered with diamonds all over it. It shimmered at me, reminding me of the ceiling in Jevan's aunt hotel room.

"Mama can't afford this. Where did she get this and why she would keep it in the jacket she usually goes to work with?" I asked myself.

I searched her jacket again and found her work number. I knew my mother was somewhat secretive about her job and barely talks about it with me.

Hiding my caller's ID, I dialled the number. After the third ring, a very feminine but very familiar voice spoke from the other end.

"The Diamond's residence. This is Brooke speaking. How can I help you?" she spoke. "Hello?" she kept asking. I quickly ended the call and an ocean of cold waves hit me.

My mother was a maid for Brooke and her parents.

__________________

A/N

Imagine, your mom working for the 'enemy'.

Do you think that's a valid reason as to why Mrs. Wright doesn't want her daughter with Jevan Hollen, in fear of losing her job?

Is Blossom going to confront her mother?

Is Brooke going to find out that Blossom's mother is her house maid and make Blossom's life more miserable at school?

**So many questions**
Look out for more updates very soon. And don't forget to vote. 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 9.1K 35
One HIGH SCHOOL, Two STUDENTS One a HOT JOCK The other an AWKWARD NERD Both HATE each other UNTIL, One DAY, Everything CHANGES LOVE awakens... And...
8.6K 244 32
When you, Luna, had lost your family and all of your money when you were young. What would you do? Your grandmother helped you moved into a another h...
171K 3.5K 64
"He takes pleasure in seeing me cry. As he walked away he gave one more blow. I think I heard a rib crack." - Eden Holland. 16 years old, a junio...
29.5K 573 17
High School Love follows 4 teenage friends as they go through the trials and tribulations of love. But when lies, jealousy, and betrayal happen how m...