Falling For Grumpy

By asmaa-auwal

"What's your name?" Came his voice "It's Islam" she said carefully. Why would her voice betray her? That wa... More

First and foremost
1 | When Africa calls
2 | The Antsy cat
3 | The Khalil's
4 | First Encounter vs Crashing his Fav
5 | How to know the African culture
7 | How to terminate a baby
💖💦
8| How to advice a best pal
9 |How to wash elegant gowns
10 | How to be realistic
11 | The twins and the Hippo
12 | How to bid adieus
13 | How to break an oven
14 | How to be gorgeous yet ruiner
15 | How to be at your fav Aunt's
16 | How to have a grumbling gut
17 | How to expose oneself
18 | How to shop for the sick
19 | How to have blood phobia
20 | how to be the laugh of century
21 | flight phobia
22 | the amazing mom!
23 | doctors' brains!
24 | he's juhaif the grump!
25 | how to be shattered
26 | how to be certified as chef
27 | how to have hennah
28 | How to receive a green tea
29 | how to dodge a slap!
30 | how to have shattered hearts!
31| how to be embarassed to the core
32| how to spill a coffee!
33| how to find a library
34| how to meet new peeps!
35| popcorn and cinema
36| Repenting slave
37| different persona off camera
A year on venus
Diary of Reshma

6 | How to fish out a kind soul

422 62 34
By asmaa-auwal

I'm so sorry for taking forever to update. I got sick, lost my grandpa and things been a lil bit hectic. Please put him in your du'as. (Wrote this on November 22, 2020, presently it's Oct 16th 2021 and i'm about to edit this, and I regret telling y'll that I lost my dad and grandma as well. Please put them in your prayers! Now y'll can understand why I took forever to update!)

I've read all your comments. They really made my day, big time. Thanks for the support. I appreciate every single vote, comment, share and follow. Much love.

Important message: I have made some modifications to the previous chapters. I'll advice you all to reread them. My cousin said she'd reread this book like five times, and she's tired of my slow updates lol! Hopefully that won't happen again. Inshaa Allah! mammiey123

I'll make it up to you guys by updating frequently from now on Inshaa Allah. I would have said daily or every two days, but I hate breaking promises, and hardly I'll keep up with that.

Also guys, have written a new book with the name 'fate' it's complete! So make sure to read it, it's such an awesome book to read! Checkout my profile for my new books!

CHAPPIE DEDICATED TO mammiey123 yoomnerh shafaatou RukkyJamil Ayshasalihu

Chapter 6

Mhhmm, I was wondering if you could come with us to M&S," Husna hesitated before asking.

"I'm sorry Husna, got lot of things to do." Juhaif uttered, not looking up from his tab. He had given his whole attention to it.

"Okay." she whispered in a sad tone.

He gently looked up from his tab, "Okay." He whispered. Only if she knew what that means!!!

"Okay?" She grinned back happily, raising up her brows and waiting on him to say something about coming with them to the mall.

She watched as he dropped the tab on his bed, then stood up walking to where his chest of drawer was located in the room. Husna genuinely thought he was about to come with them. Heading to his chest of drawer meant getting his car key, after all. She didn't know when a huge smile crept to her lips. She twisted her lips cunningly knowing he wouldn't see. Oh how she's so grateful to her Lord right now. Her plans were going perfectly as planned. She had to fight the urge of jumping up and down as kids do.

"Okay take care of my car." he waved a car remote to her face. Did he just offered her his car? Meaning he wasn't coming with them? But it's the owner they needed, not the car! Her grin faded away.

She thought he was actually coming with them. She thought he had change his mind. She thought it was that okay, like, the kinda okay let's go. But no, she was wrong. Though all her life she'd been dreaming of driving his car, it now became the last thing she wanted. As right then it was about hooking up the people she figured in her brain would make a perfect couple, not about driving his car!

She watched as he offered her a tight smile, and kept shaking the key in air, as if being proud of himself for borrowing her his car. She thinks she'll have to tell him no. Maybe she'll just tell him nothing is wrong with her's. But that would be dramatic. After all, her only brother offered her his car with so much love, so she shouldn't resist.

"Okay thanks," she answered coolly before collecting it and forcing out a tight smile. It took all her being to forced it out. She's Husna after all, the girl who'd never once missed getting the 'most genuine award' through out her highschool life.

"Take care of baby." She heard him stated, definitely referring to his car. After all, his car is the only baby in his life.

"Okay!" She answered and left his room. Once out, she squeezed her face while looking at the remote key and almost threw it away.

Their plan totally got ruined. It wasn't about them going to the mall, but about him taking them there.

She stumped her leg on the floor, groaning loudly, she turned slightly to close his door completely when she saw him standing with a squeezed brows meant to be asking if she was at all fine. It was so embarrassing.

"Oh! Haha what do you mean? I'm fine. Bye! Thanks for the key." She finished and quickly scurried off to her room. She knocked and entered with a salam (saying may peace be upon them).

"Guys I got his remote key."

"Ain't that the opposite of our plan?" Lubna asked.

Husna sighed, before rubbing her forehead a bit dramatically. "You wouldn't believe what happened. He said, 'no' and instead gave this," She mentioned, putting the key in air.

"Well that's good. We'll get to enter his car finally!" Lubna grinned as Husna sent daggers her way.

Islam decided to put on sneakers as she awaits the girls to finished all the touch up they could, she jumped on bed with her shoes on. It's normal after all! Or maybe not! Maybe it's normal in the States but not in Nigeria!

"I think I'll have to change clothes." Nora complained.

"Why? It looks okay!" Husna declared.

"I don't like being at the mall in blue!" Nora complained again!

Nora;

Islam wanted to laugh at that, but scolded herself inwardly. Instead she asked Husna that had now joined her on the bed if she could get some still water.

"Can I get a still water?"

Husna looked confused. "You mean bottle water?"

"Yeah!"

"Wait a minute!" Husna said before getting up and heading towards a plain wall. She pushed a button and it widened; showing a fridge. She picked the water and handed her. That's when she took notice of the shoes! Who gets on bed with shoes on? What an American!

"Wow shoes on bed! So much for being an American!" Husna commented.

Islam grinned at her.

"Why do you guys love your shoes so much?" Husna asked again.

"Do we?" Islam looked like she was about to laugh.

"You guys never take them off. Eating food with shoes on, lying on bed with shoes on, everything with shoes on! I mean no matter how much you love shoes in Nigeria, you just take them off at the entrance. That's the end of the love story between a shoe and it's owner. Even if we wear them inside, it's just in living, bedroom is a total exception. But Americans will be with shoes on bed, while sleeping, on the couch, on the kitchen counter, on the pillow, atop the food you guys will eat, literally everywhere, all the places one ain't supposed to wear them. You guys love your shoes." Husna finished with a chuckle, while Islam broke in to laughter.

"Surely you exaggerated that!" Islam responded.

"I did not!" Husna defended herself.

Islam never realised so till now that Husna pointed it out, she realised she moves around with shoes everywhere. Sometimes she can't help the American life in her popping up here and there even while being British. But it's not a big deal since the US was her birth country. Her parents moved there since first year of marriage.

Still, she detest being called American!

Finally Nora was done changing clothes and touching up her make-up. She changed in to a plane dress she left with Husna during her last visit.

Nora:

Lubna:

Husna:

***
They were in the compound already after asking for permission from Aunt Kaula to go shopping when a tinted car drove in. Husna turned to speak to Islam when the figure that came out of the car got her attention. "Girls please I'm coming." she excused herself, walking over to the person.

"You didn't say you were coming." she whispered.

"I'm sorry, wanted it to be a surprise." he replied in a modulated tone.

"Thanks, was just going to M&S with fam." She gestured to the girls.

"I can come back tomorrow."

"Allah knows I can't let you leave, will just tell them to go ahead and perhaps you'll drop me there when you are leaving. Won't you?"

"Sounds cool."

"I'll inform them."

She moved over to the girls and hung the remote key in air, only for her to got weird glances in return.

"So sorry girls, Moha came. I can't come with you, but he'll drop me off when he's leaving..." She glanced at their faces. "...that's if you're still not back." She quickly added.

"Oh that's cool. But we can't drive." chorused the two siblings. Husna felt weird. Why she never realised whenever there was an outing with the girls she'd been the one to drive? Perhaps she never gave it any further attention as she loves to drive.

"What about you Islam? Can't you as well?" Asked Husna looking at Islam.

"Actually I can, never tried it here though. So I'm a bit scared."

"Oh please! You ain't from Australia but the States. Don't worry. It's same right hand driving tradition." Husna didn't wait any further in putting the remote key in Islam's hand. She waved them off and walked back to Moha.

They were many cars at the place, Islam had no idea which car it was. She was about to press the remote button to detect it, when Lubna pointed to the car. It was a black range rover.

To the far end there were other cars near the fountain too.

***

All was cool. And they branched at M&S.

Shopping was cool. Islam took some satchels and heels. When she saw Abayas(Arabian gowns), she knew she might buy hundreds of them. She never gets tired of shopping for Abayas. So she bought them along with few evening gowns that caught her eyes at the mall.

Lubna bought lots of Abayas as well. But when they viewed Nora, their mouth literally widened. She was keen on shopping down the whole mall.

"What guys? I'm trying my possible best to shop like a normal person." She innocently explained. They could only laugh at her innocent face. Like who the heck buy lots of stuff like that, yet considered normal?

After shopping at M&S, they dropped by at few other shops and grabbed few things.

One of the workers was nice enough to help with taking their shopping bags to the car. They thanked him before he winked at Lubna and left.

"He has no idea that's haram." Lubna huffed out in anger due to the fact that he winked at her.

Nora clutched her stomach and chortled away her heart. She awaits a day Lubna won't point out to people's wrong doings or at least stop being a haram police.

"It's not even funny." She heard her say. Nora regained her posture and struggled with hiding her laughter.

"Course it's not." Nora added with a straight face. Islam smiled and moved to the passenger's seat that was originally Nora's.

"I don't feel like driving us back." Islam teased.

Nora's eyes widened at that, "common! Get on your seat and get us home."

Before Islam could stand up, Nora snapped her a picture.

(Imagine the car is a range rover lol)

Islam shook her head gently with a smile before picking her bag and getting up.

"Totally a bad choice of dressing. I feel so hot wallah!" Islam complained, Nora's eyes almost bulged out because the AC in the car was on flick. Infact she was feeling so cold, still Islam took the jacket off as she made her self comfy on the driver's seat.

They finally got in the car and zoomed off.

It wasn't up to ten minutes when they got stuck in a hold up. Islam got tired of waiting and flew her hand to the music panel for some beats, the gridlock was too intense. She did, and the next thing they heard was;

One, Two, Three!

Push!

Push!!

Push!!!

The push, push, push sound was the only thing blaring through the speaker. They exchanged strange looks before the giggles started. Islam first thought it was a Nigerian song being played, till she heard Lubna said, "I bet we can't find any song in there. Guess our dude hardly listen to music. Perhaps it's always medical stuff." But inwardly Lubna was happy they couldn't find any song, she's not a fan of music. She won't ever get why everyone seems to be a fan, regardless of it being haram!

Islam who wasn't used to the Nigerian gridlock didn't notice what was coming her way, till it happened.

They heard a buuuuuuuuummmmppppp sound. Next thing the siblings did, was looking back towards the boot. However, Islam did the exact opposite, she knew she was the culprit here, who just crashed in to someone's car. Not the other way round!

It's official Juhaif's baby got crashed!!!

They quickly alighted the car as the man they bumped into did same.

"I'm-s-o-r-" Islam began. It came off as a surprise for her on how she was just about to apologise. As far her knowledge is concerned apology was something she detest so bad! It's so hard for her! She rather offer people money than apologise. Selena would often say, "Islam you need to learn on where your money should talk or when apology is best." She preferred the former and detest the later!

"We're really sorry." Lubna and Nora simultaneously said.

Removing his dark shades he looked towards them, then to their car and then rolled his eyes back at them. He didn't even bother looking at his car to see the amount of damage caused. Weird. Islam thought.

"S-o-r...." Islam tried again. But still she couldn't get out the word from her mouth. The apology was so difficult for her to voice out. With her heart in her mouth, she muttered to the girls, "Now I'll end up with cops right? And possibly they would charge millions of dollars from me right?"

"Not dollars, nairas." Lubna corrected.

"Is that even important right now? Let's concentrate on apologising first." Nora whisper yelled.

They had no idea he heard it all. Next thing, they heard him chuckling.

"Okay guess apology accepted." Nora explicitly stated.

"No. I know that kinda laugh. It only means he's so angry and lots of bullshit's coming our way, anytime from now. After all, it's his car I crashed in to." Islam silently whispered. She was so embarrassed seeing how people came out of their cars and crowded the place.

"Ain't that Bichi's?" Came the guy's voice after a while.

"What?" They chorused, clearly not getting what he meant.

"I said isn't that Juhaif Bichi's car?" He repeated, that was when it occurred to them what he meant.

"Oh!" The siblings chorused.

"Is there Husna among you?" He asked again.

"No. She's at home. We are very sorry!"

He chuckled again "Don't be, that's why it's called accident. Greet Bichi for me." he finished, turning to his car.

They stood there totally in awe. Suddenly the crowd dispersed as people turned to their respective vehicles and the impatient ones already started to honk immediately the traffic light turned green.

Islam just stayed there, as if a cat got her tongue. While Lubna and Nora voiced out a thank you to him.

"Thank you very much 'dan Albarka (good person)."

He only nodded before speeding off.

"What a kind soul! He's so kind." Lubna said once they were in the car.

"I know right." Nora declared.

"Please Nora call Husna. We need to tell her." Islam called out panicking, she was driving and holding unto the steering wheel tightly. She was nervous.

"Sorry guys, can't make it." came Husna's voice through the speaker as she picked up.

"Well, not even that. I crashed the car!" Timid Islam cautiously whispered.

Juhaif's car: (look at what happened to his baby! Hahaha!)

Now what will become of her? I'm talking about the African American babe that crashed the car! Our Islam. I think it's all Husna's fault 😭

We've reached 13k reads. Alhamdulillah.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow.

I love y'll for Allah's sake 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 15K 49
*COMPLETED!! - Editing in process* Highest ranking #2 in Hausa #1 in Nigeria summary in editing* NOTICE: None of the pictures belong to me. All th...
141K 13.9K 73
"So what are you doing in our house dingy girl?" He asked her coldly. "It's none of your business and please stop calling me dingy girl" She replied...
46.2K 7.7K 58
#1 Afrikaans 18/10/2021 #1 abuja 18/10/2021 #1 saif 18.10/2021 #2 groomsmen 18/10/2021 #5 arewa 18/10/2021 #8 kano 18/10/2021 "You haven't known me m...
287K 20.8K 24
[#4 on Spiritual🔥🔥 On 24 September 2018] "Why is everybody avoiding me because of my voice? Was I the one that created myself? No. I was ridiculed...