Queen of Gorgeousness

By clinquant

Hermione Granger has been through it all. She's been loyal and fierce, nerdy and strong, caring and passionat... More

A Fleeting Summer
The Ugly Duckling Transforms
Jealousy is Never as Straightforward as it Seems
Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold
The Morning Came and the Whirlwind Began
Popularity is Scary - Watch Out for False Friends...
Give Me the Strength to Carry On
A Chance Visit
Bittersweet Desires
Time Flies Too Quickly
Judgement and Giraffes
Curiosity Killed the Cat, Hermione Bought It Back
If You Can't Take it, Don't Give it
Unrequited Love Hurts
An Idea Kept, Festers
Future Career Thinking
The Nightmare Man
Eighteen Years Ago - Katherine's Memoirs
The Danger Bunch
A Dirty Man Once Clean is What?
Emotional Mush
The Years That Follow
Epilogue: White Wedding
What the Others Did

Why Do Ex Partners Always Try and Push Back into Your Life?

8.1K 204 59
By clinquant

As always: all rights go to J.K. Rowling

Chapter Seven - Why Do Ex Partners Always Try and Push Back into Your Life?

Victor Krum strutted around thinking he was god's gift to women. He had girls falling at his feet just begging him for a date or two. He had his pick of women and really it was expected of him to have several scandals attached to his name. Any publicity was good publicity he thought.

There was however, still the one that got away. Hermione Granger had been the unusual girl he'd set his sights on during the Triwizard Tournament. Never had a girl made him work so hard for his attentions and he'd hoped to get something for all his troubles but he had been sorely disappointed. Every attempt had been foiled by certain Slytherin girls and he hadn't heard from Hermione since.

Fortunately, the Daily Prophet was great with reporting gossip and Hermione's transformation into a Zabini was front page news. Naturally Victor recognised how attractive Hermione had become in her transformation and thus felt he deserved another go at attracting her attention. With that in mind he headed towards Hogsmead with his goal in sight and his determination set.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

The girls were lounging around in their room, wondering what to wear for tomorrows Hogsmead trip. They'd been giggling for a while over the recent gossip circulating the school. Luna Lovegood had discovered the insults that Ginny had been spreading around the school and confronted her. There had been a massive argument between them and the divide between the girls of the school had worsened. Now you were either on the side of Ginny - girlfriend of Harry Potter, Bitch of Hogwarts and titled 'more rides than a broomstick Weasley – or on Hermione's side – 'muggle discovers real family, hot to trot check, goddess with a golden heart.

Hermione hadn't had her fair share of male suitors; there had been Victor Krum – which still gave her nightmares –, the ghastly Cormac and then the disappointment of Ronald. The war had started up before she could pursue anything seriously. She was, as they say, still a little 'innocent'. She'd read all the relevant books of course but they weren't the same as actually having the experience.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Victor Krum was in Hogsmead looking every bit the stuck up wizard he was. The students would start arriving soon and he had no worries about Hermione being with company. He'd get her alone if he wanted.

It was still warm enough not to have to cover up with lots of clothes. Hermione had chosen to wear her staple cowboy boots, black leggings, a plain maroon skater dress and a navy cardigan. Combined with the confidence she was learning she had, her whole image came across as an effortless charm. Hermione's style had never been too loud or demanding.

Blaise was on high alert. He'd heard rumours of Victor Krum's appearance in Hogsmead. He'd learnt snippets of what had happened from a very angry set of Slytherin girls when the incident had happened ad a very worried Hermione only recently. He currently stood before Draco, Adrian, Marcus and Gregory at looked every bit the stern general as he barked orders at his friends. They knew not why it was important to keep Krum away from Hermione but knew it must be something BIG to garner this level of response from Blaise.

The girls knew who was in town as well – though only Daphne and Pansy knew the real reason why it was essential to keep Krum away from Hermione. They hadn't told Hermione of the rumours because they didn't want to upset or scare her.

Ronald had been a pompous arse to Hermione. When Victor Krum had first appeared on the scene, Ronald had behaved like a besotted fan. So jealous of Hermione's infatuation with him and the fact that Krum had ignored Ron had hurt the Weasel's pride. Ronald's behaviour towards Hermione that year had just pushed her further into the arms of Krum.

As the students began walking towards Hogsmead, Hermione was lost in thought as she still hadn't heard back from Bill and Fleur. Her insecurities were beginning to make her think they had rejected her new status. With all the stuff being said at Hogwarts, Hermione was beginning to find it difficult to know who to trust and who to avoid. She now understood why Slytherin's were so untrusting and into self-preservation. They had to be! Hermione was slowly learning the ways of a Slytherin. It was more complicated than she'd imagined but she was learning. She was also being educated about Pureblood society which just added to her struggles. She really was struggling here and felt lost in a sea of things she didn't understand.

Hermione hadn't spoken to Draco since their mini argument. Pansy tried to soothe her fears but Hermione was still feeling unsure about everything. Draco was – and always had been – a conundrum. On one side he seemed to have accepted Hermione's new heritage but on the other side he hadn't.

Hogsmead looked much better than it did before the war. The result of the war had left it rather damaged and it had since been rebuilt by volunteers. It now looked better than it had before. The group had a leisurely walk around the town and much merriment was had as they stocking up on things they'd run out of.

Hermione wanted to go to the pet store as Crockshanks had perished during the war but the others were reluctant due to feeling cold. Entering the Three Broomsticks with her friends, she vowed to return to the pet store at a later date. The group managed to get a nice big table and the girls happily tucked themselves into the middle of all the boys.

"Penny for your thoughts?" asked Blaise.

"Sorry?"

"What were you thinking about?" asked Blaise.

"Lots of things."

"Tell me what's worrying you Mya," he said.

Hermione sighed as it seemed that nothing got past her brother.

"Rejection."

That word alone wasn't enough to show why she was feeling that way. Blaise waited patiently for his sister to elaborate further.

"Rejection from Bill and Fleur, not knowing whose being fake or not when they talk to me and knowing that Draco doesn't like me. Then Slytherin confuses me, I don't understand the pureblood society and I know you lot are hiding something from me."

"That's a lot of worry."

Daphne's jab in the ribs bought Hermione's attention back into main focus.

Great! Ronald Weasley is heading this way, well this day seemed to be taking a downhill nosedive!!

"I think I'll go to the pet store now," Hermione said and she left before anyone could stop her.

Hermione was in for a treat when she walked into the Pet Store. They had just had a new litter of half-kneazle kittens in. She bent down to look at the kittens when a black on with a white tail and white socks untangled itself from the others and padded over.

'Meow.'

The kitten nudged her hand moving Hermione to pet the little fellow.

Hermione was sold on the kitten, she wanted it. It would be good to have a familiar again. She decided to name the kitten 'Socks' – and it seemed to approve of the name she had chosen – so she took it to the counter to buy. After sending her other purchases back to Hogwarts (she didn't want to walk around with awkward shaped kitten accessories) she stepped from the shop with Socks in her hands. She wasn't expecting to find the before stood before her and she felt her fear rise up without warning. Socks struggled in her arms and tried to protect her new Mistress but it was too late and as Socks was dropped to the ground, Hermione was whisked away. 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Back at The Three Broomsticks, Blaise was worrying about Hermione's absence and was now having to put up with the Weasel.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"Do you know who is in town?"

"Oh I don't know...your lover?" asked Pansy sarcastically.

Ron reddened, "Victor Krum actually."

Blaise had stiffened at the mere mention of that scumbag's name, a reaction Ron was intent on exploiting.

"Ooo struck a nerve did I?"

"You don't know anything," said Adrian.

"Did you know Krum and Granger used to have a thing? I heard he wants to start it up again."

Ronald laughed creepily like he was trying to channel a great villain.

"Have you seen Granger recently..."

Both Daphne and Blaise paled.

"Shit."

"We need to find her now."

"Why?" asked Greg, "I thought Krum was a decent bloke."

"He's far from that," replied Daphne.

"I won't allow her to go through this again."

"I'll get—"

"No Draco, don't. I need you here. Greg run back to Hogwarts and get McGonagall. Everyone else, wands out and follow me."

The group darted from the pub looking every inch the fearsome Slytherin's that they were.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"I haven't seen you in so long Hermy, why don't you write to me?"

She didn't know if he expected an answer but it didn't really matter much as she was too scared to answer.

"I taught you how to be a girl and yet you still deny me."

He was so close to her face and his breath lay across her ear making her body want to jump in revulsion.

"Why Hermy, why?"

In his anger he flung Hermione away from him. She flew across the room at an alarming speed and tried not to cry out as her body impacted against the floor. She tried to take in her surroundings but really there wasn't much to tell her where she was.

"You are no longer with the Weasel. You are unattached, single and with no one to love you, you will date me? You will be my girlfriend and my everlasting light. You must Hermione, you must."

She could feel as his words changed from normal to desperate and his touch upon her skin went from a gentle caress to a painful squeeze.

Hermione could only hope that her friend's found her in time for Krum had taken her wand and she was crippled by fear. She knew this situation had the ability to become worse than her night at Malfoy Manor and that thought alone was enough to silence her.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

The search for Hermione had become wide spread and now the teachers had become involved. Only a select few people knew of the real dangers of Krum having taken Hermione. Those not in the know had just been informed that an 'unhinged character' had kidnapped a student. The majority of students were sent back to school however, a few of the returning seventh years had stayed.

'Meow.'

"Draco, what was that noise?"

'Meow!!'

"Isn't that the kitten the Pet Store owner said Hermione had bought?"

"Yeah I think so."

'Meoow!'

"I think it wants us to follow it," said Pansy.

"Don't be stupid," replied Draco.

Krum had probably apparated away and following a kitten was not going to help matters.

"Shut up Draco."

Pansy was already intent on following the little kitten leaving Draco with no other option than to follow after them.

How lucky they were to have followed the little kitten for it lead them right to Hermione and her captor. She looked terrified and she was clearly harmed but Draco couldn't see any blood.

Krum seemed to have become very unhinged and was ranting and raving before Hermione. They heard bits of what he was saying but not enough for it to make any sense. It was easy to stun and bind him – as the duo were both concealed behind building structures and managed to catch Krum unawares.

Pansy reached Hermione's side first with Draco securing Krum and shooting off red sparks to alert the Aurors before joining her.

Hermione can you hear me?" asked Pansy.

"It hurts."

"Where?"

"My wrist and my ribs. I should have fought harder but I was so scared," replied Hermione.

She allowed Pansy to check her out. Pansy found three broken ribs and a fractured wrist. She tried to imagine what had happened but couldn't from the own fear and worry she carried for her friend.

The two Slytherin's waited patiently for help to arrive. Pansy had taken Hermione's head in her lap and was softly stroking her hair while Draco sat beside her holding her undamaged hand and wrist. His eyes never once left the struggling form of Krum and as they waited for help to arrive Draco vowed upon his magic that he would help Hermione through this ordeal.

"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4.1K 21
Hermione Granger is a muggle born right? Think again, she is the long lost daughter of Margarey and Jonathan Gaunt. The heads of the purest pure bloo...
20K 702 19
Hermione granger part of the the golden trio has feelings for a certain slytherin but she does not know what she got herself into. Co writer Mary Ann...
192K 5.9K 88
Hermione is secretly a pureblood so secret in fact she doesn't even know herself. She didn't know about her birth right or even who her real parents...
72.1K 2.1K 38
"please don't leave me, Granger" ☾ y/n Granger, Hermione's twin sister, was sorted into Slytherin her first year. Ever since then she's been an outca...