Epilogue: White Wedding

Chapter Twenty-Four - Epilogue: White Wedding

The day of the wedding had dawned. The sun was just waking up to the world, the sky was a hazy blue and the birds were chirping merrily. There was a sacred site on Hogwarts grounds that Hermione had insisted on using and it had been decorated in the grey and green colour scheme that matched the Great Hall.

Of course they were having the reception in the Great Hall, their wedding was one that had been talked about for ages and people from all over had been included on the guest list. Hermione was thankful that McGonagall had agreed to let them hold their wedding at Hogwarts but really McGonagall was over the moon and more than happy to agree to the request.

Hermione's bridesmaids; Luna, Daphne and Lavender were wearing mint green floor length dresses. They had sweetheart necklines and the bodice was covered in small pearls. Pansy's Maid of Honour dress was a darker green, again it was floor length and covered in sparkling silver beads. The girls all had their hair up in a knotted style with a few wispy bits falling loose.

Narcissa – as Mother of the Groom – wore a beautiful shift dress in mint green with a flower print overlaying it. It came down to her knees and she wore it with white heels, a white blazer and a pale pink hat. While Katherine – as Mother of the Bride – wore a flowing pale pink dress with a silver and pink pattern and teemed it with grey heels, a grey blazer and a white hat.

Though the ceremony would be a Wizarding one with the bonds and magic, Hermione wanted to fit as much muggle traditions in as possible as a nod to her upbringing. Draco of course had wanted Hermione to be happy on this special day so had immediately agreed to everything she'd said.

Hermione's gown had been designed by Lavender and again it was a muggle design. Hermione had refused to wear robes on her wedding day. The dress was everything that Hermione had wanted in a dress and yet everything was unexpected and new. With a sweetheart neckline of soft lace, the bodice was intricately studded with beads of grey and pearls of white. The capped shoulder sleeves were made of lace and had strings of fine spun silver thread hanging off them. The dress fell to the floor in the most innocent looking white colour and trailed slightly behind her. The back of the dress could have been backless from afar but was actually made of vine lace with flowers and more pearls.

Hermione hadn't included a veil as she wanted to see Draco as she walked towards him.

Draco, Blaise and all the other groomsmen wore suits of grey with peach flowers in the button holes. The bridesmaids each carried bouquets of peach and grey while Hermione carried a bouquet of sapphire and pearl colours flowers. Hermione didn't know how Luna had managed to do it or what flowers she'd used but the result was simply stunning.

In a traditional Wizarding Wedding, the couple would stand upon a sacred site while the congregation formed a circle around them. Vows would be said while the bonding ritual was performed. The ritual usually included the bonds for fertility, loyalty, love, trust and fidelity but could contain less or more. After the bond ritual was complete the couple kissed and the wedding was over.

Hermione and Draco had included all of that in their wedding and were now sporting an intricately designed rune on the inside of their left wrists – a mark of the bonded – but they had also decided to include their own written vows.

Draco started.

"I love you unconditionally and without hesitation. Hermione I will love you, encourage you, trust you and respect you. Together we will create a home filled with learning, laughter and compassion. I promise to work with you to foster and cherish a relationship of equality knowing that together we will build a life far better than either of us could imagine alone. Today, I choose you to be my wife. I accept you as you are and I offer myself in return. I will care for you, stand beside you and share with you all of life's adversities and all of its joys from this day forward and for the rest of my life."

"Draco...I promise to always be your biggest fan and your partner in crime. I promise to create a family with you, in a household filled with laughter, patience, understanding and love. I vow not just to grow old together but to grow together. I will love you faithfully through the difficult and the easy. What may come, I will always be there, each one believing that love never dies. As I have given you my hand to hold, so I give you my life to keep."*

Though they were supposed to wait for the traditional 'You may now kiss the bride' they didn't for they were too excited and their kiss was celebrated with woops of joy by those around them.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 The wedding reception in the great hall was beyond anything Hermione had imagined. She didn't think the place could look better than it did during Halloween or Christmas but she'd been so wrong. It had been transformed and looked like Alice in Wonderlands Grotto. Silk material and twinkling lights hung from all around and the round tables were decorated with little gifts for each wedding member. The wedding party table was set where the teachers table would usually be and the bride and grooms chairs had been replaced with ornate chairs that read 'Queen' and 'King' respectively.

Hermione and Draco were clapped upon arrival and Hermione managed to keep her blush to a minimum. Once the four course meal that had been prepared was in their bellies, it was time for dancing. They'd decided to forgo the tradition – that was both muggle and wizard – of speeches because they didn't want to bore anyone. Also they knew their friends and family loved them and didn't need to be verbally told.

Andre and Katherine had tears in their eyes as they watched Hermione dance for the first time with Draco as Mrs Hermione Malfoy.

Hermione was so happy to be dancing with Draco that she forgot about the huge crowd of people that were watching them. She couldn't believe how much she loved the man she was holding and couldn't believe they had come so far. Soon enough other couples had joined the dancefloor with them and everyone seemed to be having fun.

"Are you very happy Mrs Malfoy?" asked Draco.

"Completely," she replied.

"My wife, you don't know how long I've waited to say that."

"My dear husband, I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I'm pregnant."

----------------------------------------------

*Vows were found on a generic wedding vow website and altered slightly for this story