Dead in the night

By twentyoneleprechauns

Caspian Smith has lived in a foster home his whole life with six other foster siblings, his foster parents di... More

Oc's
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight

Chapter one

454 7 3
By twentyoneleprechauns

TW⚠️ child abuse, neglect, mentions of children dying, troubles with eating

"Caspian go get the door," Susan, a foster mom shouted from the kitchen. The little blonde boy grabbed Adam, the foster dads wallet. He ran over to the door, Caspian stood on his tippy toes, he lightly turned the door knob opening it.

          "Gwenn!" he shouted happily, Glenn was the pizza man.
          "Caspian?" Susan called out, walking over to the front door, she smiled at the man in front of her.

          "Go sit down honey," the blonde haired boy pouted, he just wanted to hang out with Glenn.
          "No, don wanna," the little boy stood his ground arms crossed. Susan turned him around and spanked his butt, Caspian let out a tiny whine, this always happened, except much worse.

Glenn quickly grabbed the money, he left the pizza on the stand next to the door and left, he didn't know what to do. He cared about that little boy so much, Glenn visited the foster house at least once a week to deliver pizza, he's gotten to know the youngest boy that lived there.

Glenn knew about the other kids that lived there, he knew about Annie, Abigail, Elijah, Dustin, Chris and Cole.
But he only cared about Caspian, the little boy was small and skinny, it was almost like they didn't feed him.

- (two weeks later)

Glenn hasn't visited the foster home for two weeks, there was an virus outbreak a week ago. He's been worried about Caspian ever since he heard about the outbreak, people were dying left and right, they were coming back and killing more people. A four year old certainly wouldn't be able to survive through that.

Glenn has decided to visit the house, he would risk his life for the little kid that he cared about so much. The twenty year old man stepped outside of the building that he was hiding in, immediately he spotted people.

They seemed to spot him too, the group of five made their way over to Glenn.
          "Do you need help?" a blonde lady asked the man in front of her.
          "Yeah I do, I'm Glenn," he held out his hand for the lady to shake.

          "I'm Andrea, that's Morales, Jacqui, T-dog and Merle," the blonde lady shook the Korean man's hand.

-

The group of six arrived in front of the foster home, it looked like a nice house but the stuff that happened on the inside wasn't as nice.
          "Everyone get your weapons ready, we don't know what could be inside," T-dog announced, everyone except for Merle got their weapons out.

          "Seriously?" Andrea asked clearly pissed off, Merle shrugged.
          "What, I don't know the kid, why should I help," T-dog glared the the white man.
          "It's a kid man, he could need our help, it doesn't matter if you don't know him," Morales spat, he really didn't like Merle today.

          "Okay whatever," the red neck pulled out his gun, he muttered some swear words to himself before joining the group.

-

"3.....2.....1... now!" Glenn opened the front door quietly, he looked inside before walking in. He made a hand motion for the rest of the group to follow.
          "T-dog you go into the kitchen, Morales living room, Andrea and Jacqui backyard and Merle and I are searching upstairs," the group nodded and separated.

-

The first room was Annie's room, all the doors had their names on it. No one was in there. Next was Chris and Elijah's room, again same thing. Then it was Cole and Dustin's room, again nothing.

Next was Abigail's room, this time there was a little red haired girl that Glenn knew as Abigail herself. The rest of the group came upstairs, they didn't find anyone alive.
          "Any walkers?" Merle asked, everyone shook their heads no.

          "I found a little girl," Glenn announced. Andrea took a peak inside the pink room, there was a curly red haired girl sitting on the floor in the corner of her room, she looked scared.

The two women went to talk to her, the men left to search in the last two bedrooms. Adam and Susan's room didn't have anything or anyone in it.

Glenn opened up the last door, it was unlabelled, inside was a closet with a toddler bed in it. Except that wasn't it, the toddler bed held a little boy in it.
          "Is that him?" T-dog asked Glenn, he nodded his head smiling, he found found the little boy.

Glenn walked into the tiny room and shook the boy lightly, the boy woke up with a startle, he relaxed once he realized who it was.
         "Hi buddy," the blonde haired boy looked more unhealthy than he usually does.

Caspian held up his arms immediately, he wanted Glenn to hold him. Glenn bent down, he picked up the little boy holding him tight.

Andrea and Jacqui made their way down the hall, they stood in front of the little closet along with the rest of the group. Abigail was holding Andrea's hand, she looked a lot healthier than Caspian did.

          "Where's everyone else?" Glenn curiously asked Abigail knowing that Caspian won't answer him.
          "Mommy and daddy went out and never came back, Annie, Elijah and Chris were at school, same with Cole and Dustin," Abigail explained to the new group.

          "Why didn't you go to school?" Andrea asked the little girl bending down to her height.
          "I did, but I didn't want Caspian to be by himself so I ran home," the red haired girl explained.

          "What about him?" Merle asked from the other side of the hallway.
          "Mommy and daddy usually keep him in his room, but I've been helping him, cause he's always lonely," Glenn's grip tightened on Caspian hearing this, just now he noticed that the little boy stunk, his clothes were dirty.

          "Without food and water?" Andrea asked. Abigail nodded her head, the new group looked at each other in complete and utter shock.
          "Yeah sometimes but not always," Andrea gave the little girl a hug.

-

The group was headed was to their camp site joined by three new members. Caspian was still in Glenn's arms, he hasn't moved or said a word, although he only knows how to say no and Glenn.

Before the group had left the foster house they packed up everything that they could, food, water, medical supplies, clothes, unfortunately Caspian didn't have any spare clothes.

Abigail was sitting on Andrea's lap, Jacqui was next to them, Glenn and Merle were in the very back, Morales and T-dog were in the front.
Finally they pulled up to a little camp site.
          "Welcome to the Atlanta's survivor camp,"

Everyone got out of the car, Abigail quickly ran over to Glenn, she stood next to him feeling very nervous.
Glenn himself was also very nervous, he didn't know if anyone would except him or the two kids.

Caspian was sleeping by now, he had a tight grip on Glenn, his head was resting on the older males shoulder.
          "You three coming?" Morales asked standing by what Glenn assumed was his family.

          "Y..yeah," Abigail grabbed Glenn's leg and pulled him forwards, both of them slowly made their way towards the now bigger group.

A man walked up to them, he looked scary, Abigail thought, the man stood in front of them, hands on his hips.
          "You look scary," Abigail spoke quietly but the man still heard her, instead of being angry he smiled. The man bent down to her height.

          "What's your name little lady" he asked smiling now.
          "I'm Abigail," the man nodded, he held out his hand for the little girl to shake.

          "I'm Shane, who are you?" Shane stood up meeting eye to eye with Glenn now. Gulping Glenn held out his free hand.
          "I'm Glenn and this is Caspian," Shane shook the man's hand.
          "Introduce yourselves to the group then come find me," Glenn nodded again.

-

"I'm Lori, this is my son Carl, you're Glenn right," Lori was a maybe thirty eight year old lady, she had long dark brown hair, brown eyes and a kind smile, Carl looked to be about twelve, he had short brown hair, bright blue eyes and freckles scattered across his face.

          "Yeah I am," Lori was cutting Carl's hair, Glenn was sitting on a log next to her, Caspian still in his arms and Abigail was sitting on the ground by Carl.
          "How old are they?" Lori asked gesturing towards the kids, Glenn looked
down at Caspian, he looked about two.

          "Caspian is four and Abigail is six," Lori looked over at the little boy concerned.
          "Are they yours?" Glenn shook his head, they definitely weren't his but he wished that Caspian was.

          "No, both of them come from a foster home with five other kids, I'm a pizza man so I would visit once a week," Lori nodded understanding what was happening now.
          "So I'm guessing that the foster parents didn't like him," Glenn shook his head, unfortunately they didn't really like him.

          "No they didn't, kept him locked in a tiny closet all day, barely and food or water," Carl sat next to Abigail once his haircut was done, he looked down at the ground feeling bad for the youngest boy.

-

Glenn and the two kids made their was over to Shane, he was sitting on a rock by the quarry, it looked like he had a bag of something.
          "What's this?" Glenn asked curiously sitting down next to Shane, Abigail was standing by the water staring at it.

          "One of the couples here had a son and a daughter, they offered to give you their clothes," Andrea, Amy, Jacqui and Carol were sitting not too far from them washing clothes.
          "How old were the kids?" Abigail asked joining the conversation, she was a smart six year old.

          "Little girl was six and the boy was two, small enough to fit your little brother there," Andrea looked over to the rest of the women.
          "Never seen him this nice before," she whispered, the rest nodded their heads agreeing.
          "But he's four," Shane nodded his head.

          "I know, he's very skinny and short, that's why he looks so little," Abigail nodded her head agreeing.
          "Alright get him out of those clothes, wash him in the quarry, we've got soap and shampoo, then get him dressed in clean clothes,"

-

Caspian and Abigail were now cleaned and dressed, the little boy was now awake but he hasn't left Glenn's side since.

He smelt nice now, his hair was clean and soft, Glenn had managed to dry it with a towel, Abigail was clean also her hair was dry and curly.

-

It was the night now, Glenn, Lori, Carl, Abigail, Shane, Dale, Morales, Amy and Andrea were sitting around one fire.
Caspian again with Glenn, he hadn't eaten the food that the group had given him, it was weird for someone to give him food or give him anything.

          "If he doesn't eat he could get very sick," Dale commented concerned for the boy, he'd never seen a child so unhealthy before in his life.
          "I know, he's just not used to eating big meals, only small snacks," Glenn commented, looking down at the young boy resting in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 1.4K 63
Lillian, a name resembling a Lily Flower. or, A 10 year old girl with a tragic past. Lillian Brock, a troubled, scared girl who enters the apocalyps...
7.1K 181 35
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐„๐ƒ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐ˆ๐“ went Delilah Grimes' childhood and everything that would come after that. "๐“ฆ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ต๐“ธ๐”€...
55.7K 1K 103
โ™กโ™ก๏ธŽ ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๏ฟฝ...
22.1K 766 69
"๐ƒ๐ˆ๐ƒ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐ ๐’๐๐ˆ๐๐๐ˆ๐'? ๐๐Ž๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐' ๐’๐„๐„๐Œ๐’ ๐“๐Ž ๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐†๐„, ๐ˆ'๐Œ ๐’๐“๐”๐‚๐Š ๐€๐“ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐„๐†๐ˆ๐๐๐ˆ๐๐† ๐€๐๏ฟฝ...