Time ✔️

Af Midika

"There's something so fascinating about your innocence," he breathes, so close I can feel the warmth of his b... Mere

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Three

22.7K 941 190
Af Midika

Word Count: 1698

~Rosie

This kiss means something.

I'm not sure if it's born out of desperation, or it's from a raging amount of emotion after Time witnessed his break up with Amaris again. Either way, we seem to have no time for soft, gentle kisses. This is all heat, passion and desire. I'm pinned to the bed, Time's hands all over me, his lips drawing sensations from my body that I've never felt before.

There's no hope for me to pull myself away from him. My entire body reacts to his touch, and the sparks that dance across my skin as a result. He goes from cupping my face to running his hands down my shoulders, arms and then to my waist, where he pulls me up against his body.

My breath is running low, but it hardly matters, as he pulls away from my kiss, instead turning his attention to my neck.
The intense feelings consume me, and I can't stop.

All rational thoughts have since blown from my mind. All that I can think about is the way he is touching me, his fingers adeptly hitching up my dress around my waist, slowly pulling it up my legs. His mouth runs along my neck, sucking my skin to the point it almost hurts, scraping his teeth along the surface.

I can't help the sounds of pleasure coming from my mouth, clearly lighting a fire within my mate, whose grip on me tightens. With a press of his hips against mine, I can feel how hard he is, showing me completely how desperately he wants me.

My dress is up to my hips, only barely covering my lower half. My hands grip his back, feeling each muscle pulse and move beneath my fingertips.

How far am I going to let this go...?

There's no way I'm planning on stopping. Time's hands wander past my hips and to my thighs, where I feel him hesitate. His fingers are close enough to feel the wetness gathering between my legs. I want to rear up, to beg him to continue, but I stop myself, freezing. A rush of thoughts fills my mind, as I watch him pull away slightly, closing his eyes.

"I shouldn't," he breathes, barely managing to choke the words out. Despite seeing how much he struggles to stop himself, I pull myself up against the headboard. Time kneels in his place, wincing, as if he has just hurt himself or something.

"What do you mean?" I ask softly, tucking my knees up to my chest. My cheeks burn intensely, as I pull my dress down over my legs, covering myself.

Does he not want me? Did I do something wrong?

"I shouldn't be kissing you right now. I shouldn't be accepting your affections when I know how you're going to see me soon," he admits, running his hand back through his hair. I watch the way his ebony hair falls from his fingers and back around his forehead. Those golden eyes are glazed, as he stares off away from me.

"I thought we got over that," I say hoarsely. I'm not sure why he is clinging to this idea so desperately, but it is giving me anxiety. What is coming next in our trip, is going to be bad, and I'm going to have to prepare myself for it.

"If you are tempted to come to me about..." he breaks off, motioning in-between us, clearly hinting at what just happened. "This, then you can. But only after you know who I've been for the past few thousand years. The man I still am."

I let out a sigh. "Who are you, then?"

Time looks pained. "I don't know."

Clenching my jaw, I look away from him at the bedsheets in front of me. My body is starting to feel the regret, but I refuse to dwell on it. I wanted him. In that moment, what I wanted most in the world was to tear his clothes off and have him right then and there. Completely. As bad as that might seem, I refuse to feel guilty for the way I feel.

"When are we going?" I ask him, glancing outside. Darkness has completely fallen now, and it must be getting quite late. I'm unsure of how I feel about advancing onto the next stage of this whole thing, but I am anxious to get it over with.

"Tomorrow. For now, we should sleep," Time says, seeming to snap out of his deep thoughts.

"I'm assuming you don't want to sleep in the same bed as me," I say unnervingly, sliding myself off the bed. I need to stop these persistent thoughts about him being repulsed by me, or that he only does that every now and again to keep me here to stop me complaining. I'm positive it's my mind running wild in all directions because I feel myself slowly falling for him, as much as I'm trying to resist.

Time grabs my arm, unnervingly tight. I flinch, as I look up into those frightening eyes that I doubt I will ever get used to.

"You have no idea the things I want to do to you in that bed," he says smoothly, that scared tone he was had now vanished. His words send a feeling I refuse to recognise down low. I hate how he has this effect on me without even trying. "I'm refraining for your benefit."

I don't say anything, swallowing the lump in my throat. Wordlessly, Time walks into the bathroom, while I quickly slip into bed. Keeping right to the edge, I stuff my head into the pillow and curse myself. I've made this awkward, and now I'm nervous to sleep in a bed with him...Not sexually, either.

I've done this to myself...

Thankfully, I fall asleep quickly. I'm exhausted, with all that has happened today. When I wake, Time isn't in the bed, instead standing at the balcony. I suppose immortals like him are above sleeping. He's shirtless, the rising sun casting a mix of orange and pink across him. It takes me a moment to muster up enough courage to get out of bed.

We leave for the next time frame at midday. Time doesn't seem anxious anymore, just focused. Just as we were about to leave, standing in the middle of the room with Time's hand on my arm, he hesitates, turning to look at me.

"I'm sorry for the position I'm about to put you in," he mutters. I frown. We haven't talked much about what is going to ensue once we get to this last phase, but I've trusted him so far.

"What are you talking about?"

Time bites the edge of his lip. "I can't be in the same room you will be in. It's too dangerous. You'll be in the room, and you'll have to hide. I'll come back for you, don't worry. And what you're going to witness won't be nice, but I'll explain everything after."

"Wait-"

Just as I was about to protest, that familiar feeling of falling encompasses me. Time isn't giving me any chance to prepare, as I squeeze my eyes shut. I don't have enough time to be angry at him, to curse at him. Slowly, I feel his hand pull away from mine, and suddenly my feet hit ground, a spike of pain travelling up through my shins to my knees.

Concrete. I've landed at concrete. My eyes open, and I'm concealed by shadows, hidden behind some kind of table covered with boxes. It takes me a moment to get my bearings. Time is nowhere to be seen, until I lean past the table, seeing him.

Except it's not the Time from my era. This is a different immortal.
Blinking a few times, my eyes slowly adjust to the lighting. I see a man tied to a chair, dark wavy hair covering his face. It takes me a moment, until I realise who it is. It's Thought, Time's brother. They seem to be half way through a conversation, although I'm not sure why Thought is bound down and Time isn't until he starts talking.

"You've been hiding from me for months. That is enough to prove to me that you're guilty. That you used Amaris to get to me," Time says smoothly.

Whoever this is, it's not the Time I know.

Thought spits on the ground, and I realise it's blood. My stomach turns, and for a moment I look away, until out of the corner of my eye, I see Time pull out a vial from his pocket. Time is torturing his brother for the heartbreak he endured. Just witnessing this makes me feel ill, but I can't bring myself to look away from him.

"There's no real way to get you to be honest, when we are both immune to each other's powers," Time says, slowly circling, looking down at him like he's his prey. "However, I know a demon who is good with concoctions. I'm curious to see how this goes."

I frown, unsure of what any of this means, until Time comes back around. Grabbing Thought's jaw, he pries it open, pouring the substance down his mouth. There is a struggle, for a moment, until Thought finally is forced to swallow.

Time pulls away, and there's a moment of silence before Thought starts screaming.

The sound is so deafening, I have to cover my ears. As I do so, my elbow knocks something on the table, and I know I'm done for. I've gotten Time's attention, completely exposing myself to someone in an era who I should never have faced.

Panic sets in, as Time looks around the table, and looks me dead in the eyes. A cruel smile crosses his face. I've never been so scared in my life.

"Well hello. Who have we here?"

❤️••❤️

Hey guys! If you're enjoying the story, you can head over to Radish and read Time ahead of Wattpad!

🍓••🍓

I've released Thought's own story on Radish, which is available now! I want to see by the end, which of the brothers your prefer

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

483K 17.2K 44
"Tomorrow, we don't have to speak of this again." I hardly know what I'm asking. I just know I want whatever it is. He watches me with an intensity...
15.6K 6.9K 25
She knew he meant trouble. Yet she loved him. When seventeen-year-old Quinn Sophia Richards leaves New York to live with her grand-aunt, Helen Devera...
35 0 1
This is a fated mate romance between a reluctant fiery woman and an alpha male who is more then used to getting his way. Their bloodlines make them s...
1.3K 17 27
It was Edith's third life. First she was a poor hardworking girl lost under the pressure of work in the modern world of airplanes and computers but t...