In This Love

By mayhem_write

Rhys James Holt, didn't know that love could be so close to him and yet he can't identify it as his mind is c... More

Prologue
Nightmares
Ridge
The Holt family
The Bells
First Fight
Mornings
Semantic
The Next CEO
Treatment
Mother
If A Man Talk Shit Then I Owe Him Nothing
The Night
Pain
Feelings
The New Curse
Your Presence
Imprisoned
Dinner
Break In
Heart?
Truth
Time
Puppy
Fireheart
Not Healing
What Now?
What We Have Today
For What We Have Tonight
This Pain
It Can Get Better
Normal
Catastrophe
Why He Came
Letters
Calm Before The Storm
What It Holds
Bennett
How Do We Keep Us Together
We Fall Apart As It Gets Dark
Why
Remember
In This Love
Bad At Love
The End
Epilogue

Real

15.3K 526 58
By mayhem_write

"You are leaving with him?!" I said as I was startled by the luggage that was placed in the living room. Sarah rolled her eyes and looking into Alex's eyes that were fixed on her lovingly.

The arm on her waist tightened as he said "it's just for two weeks, two! I didn't know if you would want to come along. If you wanted to then I could've gotten a ticket for you" I crossed my arms in front of my chest and frowned.

"I don't want to go to New York!" I said as I kicked the luggage like a 5 year old. I knew I was acting childish for no reason at all. It's their life they can go where ever they want.

I heard both of them sigh and say "Fine! We won't go then" I rubbed my temples and later scratched my chin. I didn't want to ruin their get away. But the news about me still being married to Rhys followed me around like a shadow. I didn't want to be alone.

"Now give me Cassian's passport as well, he's coming too" Sarah said making me look at them with utter betrayal.

I looked back at Cassian, who waged his tail happily. They were going to take my dog too.

"Promise me that you will take him to central park, he misses it so much" I said as I digged through my bag to take his passport out. Cassian missed alot of thing, one person as well.

Mr.Holt had left about a week ago, Alex stayed here with us for the next week. We hung out alot and now he was taking my best friend with him so that they could spend some time more.

Cheesy much?

In a couple of hours, they were gone.

The house felt so empty, with them not being here. My mind drifted off to the memories from last year, how different things used to be. I loved isolation then, so much.

Now I just feel like I'm being suffocated being alone.

Taking a sigh and getting out of my bed, I walked out of my bedroom to the kitchen. Spotting my car keys that were hanging on the wall.

When I was on the road, music played in the background. I wasn't going anywhere, there was no final destination for me. Whenever I wanted to escape myself, instead of locking myself in my room, I started to drive around now that I was capable of it.

"Now I wish we never met, cause you're too hard too forget" the singer sang with such pained longing in his voice that made me think of what he might be going through.

"I know that you don't, but if I ask you if you love me. I hope you lie, lie ,lie. Lie to me" he didn't love me, not anymore. All those times I would see him with another girl in a magazine, TMZ talking about him. It broke me. Even though it hurt but I still couldn't stop myself from searching more and more about him. He was married, he knew he was, he was the one who didn't end it. But stil...

If that bond didn't stop him from doing so, then love wouldn't, it couldn't. It wasn't powerful enough. To the world, I was a forgotten subject, I didn't even last for the summer. I came and went as insignificant as an ad that we see. Just too desperate to get rid of it.

Though Alex said that all the girls that he attends the galas with are nothing but for the public, that he wasn't in any romantic relationship with him. How would Alex know when Rhys had isolated himself from every person who care for him?

The sound of my phone ringing, brought me out of my trace. I didn't want to get pulled over my the police so I decided to stop the car myself.

I didn't recognize the number when I looked at it, scared why would anybody be calling me at this hour, I attended the call and put the phone next to my ear.

The sound of someone being in a loud public place, like a club came. They were moving away from the sound, trying to get rid of it so that they could talk.

"Hello?" I asked when the person didn't reply anything, from the sound I deduced that they were still moving. What if someone butt dialed me, before I could take the phone away from my ear.

The voice of the person made everything in my body to stop, bringing the rush of adrenaline in my system as they said myť name.

"Avery" I heard him say my name.

My hands trembled as I stuttered "R-Rhys?" I heard him let out a tired sigh, there was more rumbling on the other line, making it impossible for me to hear what he would say.

My mind commanded, to shut the call. It was no use, because he was drunk and calling me.

"Could you get me out of here?" He said as I knitted my brows in confusion.

"I am not in New York" I told him trying to calm my breathing down, not wanting to sound desperate.

"I know you're not. I know" I heard him groan in pain "Please come and pick me up. There's no one else, just you" he slurred making it clear that he was in fact drunk out of him mind.

I debated with myself whether to give in to my heart or not. What's the worse that could happen? Right?

There's no one else, just you.

Was there some other meaning behind of what he just said?

"I-i can't" I said feeling that I shouldn't, I couldn't do that to myself and him.

"Please, Fireheart" he moaned making my heart being stuck in knots, I didn't want this. I didn't. Plesse don't do this to me. Please Rhys.

"Tell me where you are" I said as I started the engine.

    Later

I parked outside the familiar club, that Sarah and I go to. I didn't care if I was in my casual t-shirt and jeans while everyone that we going inside wore revealing outfits. I ignored that glares I was getting when I got my ID out and showed it to the bouncer.

"Rhys Holt came here, right?" I asked the bouncer named "Cody", he raised his brow as he said "I'm not supposed to tell you any information concerning our guests.

I rolled my eyes as I took out the money that I needed to get in  and put it in his hand "I came here to pick him up, he called me" I said as I tapped my foot on the pavement. Waiting for him to let me in.

"Fine. He's inside passed out in the VIP lounge. I'll tell them you're coming" he said as he as he raised a walkie talkie to his mouth "You got a name, kid?" I let out a sigh on him calling me a kid.

"Avery Stark Holt" I said as I walked in.

Moving through the sweaty bodies, and the smell of booze was another titanic task on it's own. Yelling over the music and people cheering asking people where the VIP lounge was.

Someone pointed towards the stairs that looked like there was less nuisance, I marched towards there. The bouncer stopping me, talking in the thick Australian accent  "You're the kid Cody is talking about?" I rolled my eyes and said yes.

As I was running up the stairs, I couldn't think of anything else but of the fact that I was going to see him for the first time in such a long time.

I was out of breath when I reached the place, I searched for him in the sma group of people, i came closer to them only to earn stares of disgust as they assessed me.

They weren't my concern.

I walked through them, looking at faces and places just to see his.

I came to a halt, when I found the couch where he was passed out on, my heart sank. I ran towards him, I slowed down when I assessed his face. There were dark circles and bags under his eyes, he looked like he had lost alot of weight, though he still had those toned muscles. His messy hair and the face cuts were prominent than before.

I knelt next to his where he was in his half sleep, I called for him "Rhys. Wake up" I got up from where I was and walked towards the bartender and asked for some water and a lemon so that I could sober him up.

Rhys kept on saying incoherent words under the slur, I made him sit up and forced him to drink it. In a few minutes, he started to be aware of my presence and his surroundings.

"You came" he whispered, it was unbearable to look at him in this state, I felt like I was on the verge of crying. If only I didn't left him all those years ago, he wouldn't have turned into this.

I called for the bouncer and asked him to help me with Rhys. Moments later, Rhys was in the passenger seat, he was slightly awake. It was impossible to know what he was trying to say, but from what I could deduce. I got to know that he was trying to tell me his address.

"I live in Canada" he whispered in my ear as one of his arms was draped on my shoulder, it was hard for me to walk to the building with all of his weight on me. The security guard saw me came running towards me, he offered his help and I gladly took it.

Once we were in his penthouse apartment, we were back to him lazily stumbling next to me with the intent taking him to what ever room I could find.

He reeked of the smell of the alcohol, I scrunched my nose in disgust as it swirled in the air.

Suddenly, Rhys pulled away from me, I thought that he was about to fall but no. He grabbed me by my waist and pushed me into the wall, crushing his body into mine. His breath came out in puffs as he regained his strength just by looking at me.

He searched my face, as if he couldn't believe that I was hear, lust filled his blue eyes and his arms tightened on my waist. He leaned in close to my face, not once blinking. One of his hands traveled up to my face and he lightly gripped me by my nape, leaning in he started to plant butterfly kisses my cheek.

I could feel his heart racing under my palm as I planned on pushing him away if he pushed this further. This was the least thing that I needed right now, I didn't want this when he was wasted out of his mind. I wanted him to be sober when he loved me.

Soon his sloppy kissed started to come down on my neck, knowing that it was my time to push him away.

With all of the force I had in my I tired to push him away. He did pull away only to grab my wrists and held them against the wall.

"I don't think that you're real" he whispered, I could see the confused conflict in his eyes. My lips quivered as I ripped my wrists out of his strong hold.

"Tell me you're real, please Fireheart" he once again came closer but I moved away only to turn him around. I pushed him into the wall, gripping him by the shoulders "I'm very real, Rhys" what had I done to him? Reality became unfathomable for him, maybe it was because of all the booze that he was drowning himself because of regret, guilt.

I could feel the tears that threatened to fall any second now when I saw what my voice did to him. It was crazy what the simplest things could do to a person's sanity, just hearing my voice I knew he was losing. Just my presence was making him lose his mind.

His hands slowly came around my waist, he didn't push or pull or showed any signs of hurry when he brought me close to his chest.

"You're real?" He asked and I nodded. A tear left his eyes as he brought me into a hug completely. I felt him slip, and descend onto the floor. He was on he knees, his arms were around my waist as he leaned his head against my stomach. The pain that erupted in my chest, hurt so much. I could feel like whatever he was feeling, I was feeling it too. Feeling it for him. Why didn't i give him a last chance?

I felt him let out a heart wrenched sob, his shoulders shook.

I broke him.

A/N: I'm so sorry you guys! But there is something. Comment what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368 47 9
You know what sad about love?its when you happen to know that there's just no hope for you being together yet you still pray to make it work. Its whe...
9.7K 234 37
All of her life, she thought to marry a romantic man who could take care of her till death and didn't care about wealth that much. A man which she co...
2.2M 68.9K 54
Clenching my eyes shut , I let a few fat teardrops roll down my cheeks. The blazing anger in his eyes , the accusations in them were too strong to be...
145K 3.2K 28
" A promise tears us apart Adam. You promised you will never ever cheated on me again but you broke your promise. Goodbye love" " I am sorry. I am so...