ANOTHER LIFE || Banana Fish:...

By ejaykim

Everything is now over and everything will be back to normal. That should go for all who suffered the long ti... More

~Banana 1~
~Banana 2~
~Banana 3~
~Banana 4~
~Banana 5~
~Banana 6~
~Banana 7~
~Banana 8~
~Banana 9~
~Banana 10~
~Banana 11~
~Banana 12~
~Banana 13~
~Banana 14~
~Banana 15~
~Banana Valentines Special~
~Banana 16~
~Banana 17~
~Banana 18~
~Banana 19~
~Banana 20~
~Banana 21~
~Banana 22~
~Banana 23~
~Banana 24~
~Banana 25~
~Banana 26~
~Banana 27~
~Hello~
~Banana 28~
~Banana 29~
~Banana 30~
~Banana 31~
~Banana 32~
~Banana 33~
~Banana 34~
~Banana 35~
~Banana 36~
~Banana 37~
~Banana 38~
~Banana 39~
~Banana 40~
~Banana 41~
~Banana 42~
~Banana 43~
~Banana 44~
~Banana 45~
~Banana 46~
~Banana 47~
~Banana 48~
~Banana 50~
~Banana 51~
~Banana 52~
~Banana 53~
~Banana 54~
~Banana Halloween Special~
~Banana 55~
~Banana 56~
~Banana 57~
~Banana 58~
~Banana 59~
~Banana 60~
~Banana Epilogue~
~Banana Christmas Special~
~Banana Juice Specials~

~Banana 49~

4.5K 217 475
By ejaykim

Look here, Eiji. I'm giving you the chance to go back to Japan while everything is still under control.

The more Eiji tries to brush the thought, the more it seeps in to his mind. So he has no choice but to face it head on.

"You've decided on a choice already, Eiji. You know what to do."

Casting one last glance at his reflection on his glass window, Eiji retires to his bed. For the first time in his life, the day feels like years.

Eiji lies flat on the soft mattress, staring at the ceiling and thinking about no other but Ash. Eiji could see Ash, and could even hear his voice calling his name.

"I miss you." He whispers, voice so pained and so lonely, before closing his eyes to finally slip away from reality.

**

"Eiji."

Eiji gains consciousness at the faint voice gently calling out to him.

"Eiji."

"Hm." He groans, slowly bringing his eyes open only to see a pair of sparkling ocean blue eyes fascinatingly staring at him.

"Good morning sleepy head." Ace lively greets as he tousles Eji's tangled locks of hair, smiling so widely that his teeth are now showing.

Eiji stretches his limbs as he spits out a groggy reply.

"Get up and let's have breakfast." A soft pinch reached Eiji's cold cheeks before the bed bounces off a weight, indicating Ace's leave. Eiji blinks his eyes, encouraging his body to move already.

Good morning, Ash. Eiji's chest throbs in pain knowing he won't be able to hear Ash's reply for a while.

"I'll be right there in a sec." Eiji hollers to Ace as he hops off his bed. He briefly stops in front of the mirror to fix his bed hair and quickly goes downstairs while pulling down the tips of his loose shirt that had rolled up during the night.

Eiji could hear the crashing sounds of waves as they hit the shore, gently brushing and pulling some sand with them as they retreat.

Ash.

"Eiji over here!" Eiji quickly flicks his head to his side and sees Ace lively waving at him, demanding for his immediate presence at the dining table. Once again, because of this guy Eiji is saved from drowning to the pain of missing Ash.

"You should eat all that. I went through the trouble of calling the most capable chef just to cook your breakfast. Better savor it to the very last crumb."

Eiji plops down the empty seat opposite from Ace's seat, eyes sparkling and mouth drooling as his appetite gets increasingly excited by Ace's boastful broadcast. The Asian takes a slice of the normal-looking sunny side up egg. As soon as the food lands on his taste buds, the boy got sent to the clouds. Briefly after, he starts attacking all sorts of food at the same time.

"How is it? How is it?"

"Mmm. Ish jush what I like ish to be. Eshtra shalty and yummy."

Ace can't stop but openly laugh at the different side of Eiji he is seeing right now. "I've never seen you eat that fast before." He remarks with a fascinated chuckle. Reaching out a hand, he pats Eiji's head.

"I missed your innocent smile, Eiji."

"Hm?"

Shit. Did I just say what I'm supposed to keep in?

Evading eye contact, flushed Ace covers his face with the back of his hand, all the while trying to signal Eiji to just continue eating. Clueless, Eiji does what he was told.

That wasn't like you at all. So lame Ace. So lame. Act like this and keep crossing the line and you'll have to pay the consequences later. Ace inwardly nags himself. He picks his utensils and starts to dig in as well.

The two eat in silence. Everything was as calm as the ocean during the night. Until Eiji broke the balance.

"Ace?" The boy hesitantly calls, casting Ace a nervous glance. "Have you heard from Ash? Is he okay? Will we see him soon?"

Ace heaves a heavy evident sigh. Damping the corner of his lips with his napkin, he sits erect and burries his gaze to Eiji's face that's now painting a mix of emotions.

"For once, will you get your mind off him? No offense Eiji but I feel you nearing the mental hospital's doorsteps."

Eiji's lips tug down to a frown. Looking down at his twiddling fingers above his lap, he silently retreats into silence. The sound of the chair pushed back announced Ace's motion and not too long after, the raven-haired boy is now kneeling in front of the Asian.

"Look at me." Ace solemnly states but Eiji wouldn't, most likely to try to hide his eyes welling up with stupid tears. "Eiji." Ace gently calls out, cupping Eiji's cheeks to make him look at him.

"You don't have to trust me. Just trust him." Ace spits out, his words piercing Eiji like daggers. "Do you trust him?"

Eiji nods.

"Then isn't that enough reason to believe that you'll see him again?" Ace  pulls the corner of his lips up to a sweet smile.

"I don't want to see you frowning so I'll contact him later." Ace assures Eiji after planting a peck on the boy's forehead.

Gripping Ace's hands, Eiji pulls him to an embrace. "Thank you." He whispers.

I don't deserve those words, Eiji.

"For a change! Wanna have a dip in that?" Eiji follows Ace's hands and it is pointing outside, to the sea of dazzling gems shining under the sun's blazing heat.

"I'd like to but---"

"I don't accept buts." Ace completely shuts Eiji down and just drags him down the trail.

"Okay here we go!" Ace yells, ignoring Eiji's desperate screams as he started realizing what was in store for him.

A big splash it was. Ace drops down the burning sand, laughing so hard that he's slapping his knees to aid himself. "You should've seen your face Eiji!" 

"It's not funny. Nothing is."

Ace tries to suppress his laughter but when the sight of Eiji surfacing from the water like a wet puppy, he couldn't contain himself and burst out laughing again.

"Seriously, stop." Eiji glumly tells Ace.

"'Kay I get it. It's no fair if I get the fun alone. Come here."

Before Eiji could speak, he finds himself once again helplessly following this guy's every whim. Feeling the water crawl higher to his face and still he's getting dragged even further from the shore, panic starts to kick in in Eiji's senses. "Wait! Ace I can't---" Eiji is cut off when he is suddenly yanked down.

Ace resurfaces up, gasping for air as soon as he did. "Eiji did you see that?" The boy exclaims but his friend isn't in sight. He looks around and waits for a bit longer for someone to pop out from the water. But it didn't happen.

"Fuck!" Ace curses before he dives back without hesitation. He didn't even have the time to catch and store himself some air. He swims deeper but the water is too murky to allow any visibility. He's running out of air but he still keeps going under. Finally feeling his lungs about to burst from his chest, he goes back up. After just a few seconds, without even bothering to rest or think, he lets his body penetrate once again to the waters. The fear that had struck him upon coming to a terrible realization is what's keeping him going, to the point that he could even throw away his own safety.

Damn it Eiji where are you!

**

"Young master? What happened?" Servants start to assist their boss, each of them confused of the scenario.

"Prepare a warm bath immediately!" Ace's scream echoes in the entire place and all that could be heared after are the scurrying footsteps of panicked employees.

"It's ready sir."

Ace, with the unconscious Eiji in his arms, retires down the tub of warm water.

"You should've told me you couldn't swim." Sinking his teeth to his lower lip, Ace secures the cold boy's body in his arm and does every way he could think of to rapidly increase Eiji's body temperature.

**

Somehow, Ace managed to get both of them out of the tight situation. Blood still boiling in anger for himself, Ace grips Eiji's cold hand.

"I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something worse happened to you. I'm sorry Eiji."

The heavy moment is interrupted by a  knock on the door. "Come in." Ace commands.

"Sir, a call for you."

Gathering back his composure, Ace receives the phone before dismissing the lady.

"Just in time. We will proceed as planned. Remember, we cannot afford to make a single mistake. Obliterate anyone or anything that comes our way, no matter who it is. You can be rough. Just bring him with  enough life to listen to me."

Ace grits his teeth as he let go of the command.

"Bring who? Who are you talking to? What are you planning, Ace?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48 2 10
'Beneath his dangling feet, the drop is far and the ground is hard, cracked concrete. The worn soles of his Chuck Taylor's would provide little relie...
1.3K 8 18
We all know how sad the ending of banana fish is. But, there are some clues that indicate ash is still alive. And so, I'm writing the story of how he...
124K 3.4K 26
First written - November, 2020 Edited - December, 2022 This story is about Y/n and Ash, will they be able to be free from the nightmare they live in...
128 0 9
Ash and Eiji throughout the recovery and exploration of their relationship. Each is inspired by poems selected from r.h. Sin's 'a beautiful compositi...