Five Little Sacrifices

Від Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 15

744 30 12
Від Veikari

Slowly but steadily there will be more chapters every week ^^ I hope you've enjoyed reading them. I know this story has moved a little bit slowly, but I'll do my best to make something happen soon. Thank you for reading this far! And thank you for all your comments and votes!

-----------

Laxus was still in a deep sleep and snoring low like a rumbling thunderstorm far above the sea. Or that was how Freed liked to describe it, Laxus knew very well that Felix described it only being an annoying gargle since he couldn't sleep while listening it.

The Thunder God grunted in his sleep when the bed moved and someone was crawling over him, forcing him to wake up.

"Dad? Are you awake?" Felix asked staring at the scarred face that was frowning.

"I'm not..." the big man growled and he turned to his other side, pulling the blanket over him better.

"Are you sleeptalking now?"

"Yes, go wake up mama..." Laxus grunted, stubbornly keeping his eyes shut and trying to hold on to his dreams that were drifting away.

"Mama is up already", Felix smiled leaning against Laxus' side. "Are you angry because I came to wake you up?" Felix asked a little bit worried and making the blond haired man sigh.

"No, I'm just tired and I haven't gotten any coffee yet", he muttered rubbing his face with his hand.

"Why do you drink coffee?"

"Dunno, guess there is so much rust in my old bones that I can't get them to work anymore if I can't get coffee."

"I knew it", Felix sighed with a serious nod and Laxus chuckled.

Felix hopped down from the bed and Laxus sat up stretching and scratching his head.

"Is mama downstairs?" he asked taking his shirt.

"Yes. Others are awake too so mama said I should come and wake you up as well. We're going to see Domus Flau today", Felix smiled excitedly. "Bickslow said that it is gigantic! Is that true?"

"Might be", Laxus nodded buttoning up his shirt and he took his big coat. "How big do you think gigantic is?"

"It must be bigger than the Guild House."

"Then it definitely is gigantic."

They stepped in the narrow hallway and down the stairs. There were much more people now eating their breakfasts and planning their works for this day. But it wasn't hard at all for them to find out their group, even without Laxus' keen sense of smell. Most of the customers in this tavern were travellers and they might sometimes have really interesting clothes, but Laxus had noticed it years ago that it was almost a law between mages to have extraordinary clothings. Was it some kind of a way to make sure it was noticed that they were not just ordinary people?

He thought back few years and remembered how flashy clothes he used to wear himself. Now it almost send cold shivers run down his spine. God, he even smoked cigarettes and wore jewelry. Did he really think he was looking so damn badass? But well, it was part of that stage of his life so why not dress up like a douchebag when he was acting like one?

They stepped closer to the table where others were talking.

"You're up, baby", Bickslow grinned when he noticed them.

"Yeah, how are you all up already?" Laxus grunted when sitting down and Felix sat between Freed and Ever. Chester was sitting between Bickslow and Roscoe, eating porridge. It seemed like Felix was not yet ready to forget whatever quarrel they had yesterday and just try to be friends with the little silver mage, so he was keeping the distance.

"Because no matter if you're a big ass Master right now, you still sleep longer than any of us if you don't need to go to the Guild in the next morning", Bickslow cackled. "It's like your body immediately goes into a holiday mode when we're out of Magnolia."

"I just had hard time to fall asleep", Laxus grunted taking the spoon that was next to his plate. Thank god others had decided to wake him up before his porridge would get cold.

"Is something wrong?" Freed asked.

"No, there were just so much noise from the street, it's not this lively in Magnolia in the middle of the night."

"Might be fun if it were", Ever chuckled. "But it might also get just annoying fast."

"Definitely", Roscoe grunted. Seemed like he had hard time to sleep as well. "This might be a large city but people should still show some respect towards each other and keep in mind that some people want to sleep during the night."

"Well aren't you Mr. Sunshine today", Bickslow cackled, making Roscoe look at him with a frown. "Don't be so serious and pessimistic all the time, baby. Try to have some fun!" Bickslow grinned and Roscoe said nothing, just continuing his eating.

After the breakfast it was already half past ten so they stepped outside on the busy street.

"If we want to go to Domus Flau, we have to take two cars", Chester said as they were heading towards the stop.

"You know the fastest way?" Freed asked.

"It's not the fastest, but there won't be that many people at this time of the day. But it won't take that long."

"That's fine, at least we don't need to walk all the way", Ever chuckled.

So they let Chester guide them. They hopped in the right car and the driver greeted them, laughing how it was good to see Chester to hop in as a paying customers for once.

"It seems like you're using tram cars regularly", Freed said as they sat down.

"It is the fastest way to travel in this city", Chester explained as he sat beside Bickslow.

"It's still pretty crowded here", Roscoe said looking around and they had to squish together a little bit.

"But you got to sit down", Chester said looking at the guard. "If we had taken the fastest car that goes straight to the Domus Flau, you'd have to stand the whole way."

"I don't understand people from big cities..." Roscoe murmured looking out from the window.

At the half way they changed the car and even if it was a long ride, they were enjoying the sights they could see during it. Finally they turned into a road that head up towards the colossal arena where mage guilds competed against each other every year during the Grand Magic Games.

Felix was amazed how long the road was. They were getting higher and higher, until they could see almost the whole town.

"There's the castle", he smiled looking at the big fort that stood at the middle of Crocus. "It's really big."

"It is", Freed smiled. "It's even bigger than Domus Flau. Isn't Crocus an enormous city?"

"Yeah! It's even bigger than I thought", Felix said looking down. All the houses were so tiny!

"We can see the city even better once we get all the way up."

It took a little bit more time, but finally the tram car stopped near the big entrance. Felix looked with his mouth open at the huge building. It really was gigantic!

"Sting and Rogue said they will arrive here at noon, so we still have one hour time to look around", Freed said when they were all out with couple of more passengers and the tram car continued its way. "When they arrive, we can talk more what we want to do then."

Felix looked at the guards as they stepped in from the entrance. Seemed like people were allowed to walk around freely as long as there were no signs or ropes that forbid walking further. People could only walk around in the halls and stand, they were not allowed to enter the arena itself or the rooms and places like that.

The hallways were long and dark with high ceiling and big columns. Their steps echoed, as well as all the little crackles or other noises whatever caused them. It was a little bit scary and Felix quickly grabbed Laxus' hand just in case as they walked ahead.

At some point they could see big stairs that lead up, but they didn't go there. Instead they turned into another hallway, smaller this time and took few turns until they arrived at the stairs and climbed up. There were no windows so when they could see the entrance after walking for a while, the light was almost blinding.

Felix squinted his eyes and looked around. They were just beside the arena! It was a humongous area!

"Where are we?" he asked.

"This is one of the platforms where the Guild can stand and cheer on their guildmate that is fighting", Laxus explained. "We have stood here many times already."

"Have you all been in the arena?" Chester asked. He wasn't as amazed as Felix. After all, he had been here many times before. If those guards wouldn't throw him out, he would live here.

"Not all of us", Freed smiled. "Roscoe and I have never had a chance for it."

"Why?" Felix asked confused. Freed was so strong! He was almost as strong as Laxus! How come he had never fought in the Grand Magic Games before?

"Well, there hasn't been a good time yet for that", Freed chuckled.

"How come we have never came here to see the Games?"

"We can do it this year."

"Let's do that!" Felix beamed excitedly and others laughed. "I want to stand here too and cheer everyone!"

"That's the spirit", Bickslow smirked. "But hey, Freed just standing here and cheering? No way, baby! You have to join the team this year!" he grinned swinging his arm around Freed's neck.

"That is true", Ever chuckled. "We have waited patiently when you would be ready to step up and be part of the team."

"There are many strong mages in our guild and any one of them would be delighted to join Team Fairy Tail", Freed assured but he was touched.

If he was completely honest with himself, when looking at that big arena he was almost dying to know how it would feel to stand there and do his best to bring glory and honour for his Guild.

Laxus could notice it and he smiled slightly. If Freed would want to compete this year, he would definitely let him join their Team. Sure, it might seem a little bit favouring. But he was absolutely sure not single one person in Fairy Tail would think that way. They all knew how strong and smart Freed was, he would be an excellent member for the Team Fairy Tail. He would have competed years ago, but for him the most important thing was to take care of Felix before anything else.

But now that Felix was old enough and would even come see the Games with the rest of them, there really was no reason for Freed to hold back.

"Mama, you have to join the Team Fairy Tail this year!" Felix shouted grabbing Freed's hand.

"The boy is right", Bickslow smirked. "You should definitely do it, baby."

"We don't know how things will go", Freed huffed. "There are many others who definitely want to join too. It's not like Laxus can just say that I'm in the team, that would be wrong and they wouldn't like it."

"The fuck do I care what they think", Laxus said. "If I say you're in the team, you're in. Besides, if there really is someone who would say you're not strong enough or don't deserve to have a chance, I'm gonna use him as a lightning rod."

"Mama, you have to join", Felix said stubbornly and Freed sighed.

"I will think about it", he smiled. "There are still at least five months before the Games."

They walked around a little bit more, visiting the highest places where they were allowed to go and as near the arena as possible. Felix was more than just amazed by all this. He definitely wanted to fight on that arena as well some day! He had to learn magic, train hard and then he would join the Team Fairy Tail and do his ultimate best!

Chester was looking at the mages who all seemed to think about only that one thing: Fighting on that arena. But what was so amazing about that? He would never want to do something like that. He wanted to get stronger and he wanted to be respected, but this sounded more like a waste of time to him.

"If it isn't our most dear rival guild Fairy Tail", they suddenly heard a chuckle and turned around.

Felix slipped behind Freed when he recognised Sting and Rogue. But they weren't alone. They had four other people with them this time.

Laxus smirked slightly.

"Sabertoothpick finally arrived", he said.

"Isn't this weird? Meeting each other in Domus Flau when there are no Grand Magic Games on?" Sting laughed looking at the empty stands around them.

"Yeah, can't deny that", Laxus nodded. "It feels like something important is missing."

"So why not have a little battle?" Sting grinned.

"For the last time, Sting", Rogue sighed. "We can't fight here."

"This is the battle arena!"

"But it's still forbidden to fight here when there is no event going on."

"Man, this sucks!" Sting shouted frustratedly and others laughed. "Who came up with such a stupid rule anyway?"

"Rules excist because of a reason", Freed reminded politely.

Felix peeked from behind the rune mage and studied those people closer. He knew Sting and Rogue now, but he didn't remember seeing those four others before. Two men and two women. One of the men was big and bulky with mint green wild hair, while the other one was around Freed's heigh with long blond hair. He seemed like a gentleman, with a large hat decorated with feathers and a red coat similar to Freed's. But Freed was more like a soldier, while this man looked like a nobleman. But Felix was sure that man would not stand a chance against Freed, of course.

He looked at those women, one with short white hair and one with black long hair. Woman with white hair seemed nice, but the one with black hair made Felix almost shiver. She seemed so... Strong willed. She was pretty much like Evergreen.

"I don't really think we should try battling against each other", the woman with white hair chuckled. "It might be fun, but it can turn chaotic very quickly."

"I agree with Yukino", Freed nodded. "There's no one to work as a judge and with two insanely powerful teams..."

"The results might be unpredictable", the man with long blond hair chuckled.

Felix flinched slightly when he heard a deep low growl, looking at Laxus. He wasn't sure if others noticed it, but Laxus did seem annoyed and if his orange eyes could burn that man with red hat into ashes with just by staring him, that would have happened right now and there.

"So, what? Are you saying we are not going to fight? At all?" Sting asked and he was really disappointed.

"Works fine with me", Laxus grunted.

"Don't be like that, Laxus! It will be fun!"

"Well, there is always one more option", the woman with dark hair said. "We have to compete in some different way than just having fights."

"What do you mean, Minerva?" the big wild looking man asked confused, making Minerva shrug slightly.

"I don't know, we can come up with some kind of a game?" she suggested.

"Hey, that's not a bad idea", Bickslow cackled.

"We have to come up with some good game then!" Sting grinned. "I suggest we play catch the flag!"

"Catch the flag? Seriously?" Laxus grunted. "Isn't that a game for kids?"

"May I remind you we have kids here", Freed said and he looked at Felix and Chester. "Wouldn't it be fun?" he smiled.

"I have never played that game", Chester confessed.

"And we can't run as fast as adults", Felix said.

"And there is more us than them", Chester pointed out looking at the Team Sabertooth. "Does one of us have to go to their side?"

"I don't want to", Felix quickly said grabbing a tight hold of Freed's coat.

"Well, seems like we can't do it after all so we should just go back to our tavern", Laxus shrugged.

"Just wait a minute, Master Dreyar", Freed said.

Then he turned towards Sting and others.

"Felix and Chester are just kids and they have to compete with adults, isn't that a little bit unfair?" he said.

"What do you suggest?" Rogue smiled.

"I suggest that Felix and Chester can work together, counting as one person. Then our teams are evenly matched."

"Does anyone have something against it?" Sting asked, but others shook their heads. "Then it's settled."

"Hold on", Bickslow said. "What about those exceeds? Doesn't that add two more members in your team."

"Froch and Lector won't be joining us", Rogue said. "At least not for now. If they come later, we have to tell them they can't participate and they just have to wait until the game is over."

"Then how can we make sure nothing happens?" Yukino asked slightly worried. "Especially for Felix and Chester."

"No magic", Ever smiled. "No magical weapons or tools as well. That includes Bickslow's dolls too so he can't use them."

"But they are my babies! They would love to play as well!" Bickslow shouted.

"No magic. And our teams have been set so they would just mess the numbers again."

"So just pure power?" Roscoe huffed. "It might still get brutal."

"Maybe, but that's just how things always go", Freed chuckled crossing his arms. "Obviously we can't play here, so we have to find another place."

"If we leave the city, there is a big forest at the other side that we could use", Rogue suggested.

"Sounds good. I can use my runes to mark the area and make sure no one happens to wander there."

"Okay, so are we going to go with the usual plan? Both teams have their own half of the area and if you go to the enemy's side they tag you?"

"Boring, too easy", Bickslow snorted.

"So what are you suggesting, Bicks?" Freed asked.

"We can use the whole area to tackle each others. We have only home bases where our flag is and where the enemy's flag is supposed to bring over so we win."

"Not bad", the mint green haired big man chuckled. "And how are we going to stop other team members to steal our flag?"

"With a tackle. Baby, can you use your runes and make some kind of a rule that those who are tackled and remained on the ground for ten second, have to stay there for ten minutes?" Bickslow asked looking at Freed.

"Of course I can do that", the rune mage said. "You mean they have to stay in "prison" then."

"Supposed I got your flag", the mage with a big hat said. "And I'm holding it and running towards our home base. Anyone from Fairy Tail can tackle me until I'm inside the base?"

"That is right."

"And if you do it, is the flag left where I dropped it or are you allowed to bring it back to your home base?"

"Of course they have to take it back, Rufus. It's more fun that way", Sting said.

"And what is the time limit?"

"Until the sunset", Ever suggested. "Or until other team wins."

"I like that", Shing smirked. "This is going to be awesome."

With that, both teams headed out from the Domus Flau and towards the large forest outside the city. Felix was not sure if he was excited or worried how things might go. And how was he supposed to work with Chester? Chester didn't seem to mind, just looking at others when they talked with each other. But he did mind! There was no way they could work as a team!

But it seemed like he didn't have much of a choice if he didn't want those other mages to win. He would do his best so Fairy Tail would win.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

108K 4.1K 52
Freed Justine X Reader ♧ Y/n has been searching for her master for years but hasn't found a clue. She is a wizard and member of Fairy Tail. Fri...
230K 1K 13
❌❗️REQUESTS CLOSED❗️❌ ❗️WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ AUDIENCES ONLY❗️ (If you read it and you are not 18+ then that is your decisi...
245K 4.6K 21
Its mating season for the dragon slayers and Natsu is feeling things for a certain someone. Will they complete the mating process? If they do what wi...
378K 8K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...