𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍, sirius black

By nicbelles

"I was thinking about leaving again It all depends Are we just friends?" In wh... More

𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍.
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐂 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐘.
𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐑.
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓.
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇.
⁰¹, OH BROTHER
⁰², THE PUMPKIN JUICE INCIDENT
⁰³, BLOOMING FRIENDSHIPS
⁰⁴, KEEPER AND CHASER
⁰⁵, ACCIDENTAL HELLEBORE
⁰⁶, KISSES & BAD TIMING
⁰⁷, SIRIUS BLACK'S WINNING STREAK
⁰⁸, SILK PJ'S AND GOLD LOCKETS
⁰⁹, MADDIE'S BAD COMPANY
¹⁰, A POTTER KIND OF FIRE
¹¹, REAL LIFE OR FAIRYTALE?
¹², FINAL FIGHTS OF FIFTH YEAR
¹³, A SUMMER ATTACK
¹⁴, HEROIC ACTIONS OF A BIG BROTHER
¹⁵, BRING ME A DREAM
¹⁶, RUMOR HAS IT
¹⁷, NEVER ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER
¹⁸, JUST ANOTHER TEEN OUTCAST
¹⁹, QUIDDITCH SUPPLY SHED
²⁰, A CIGARETTE PEACE OFFERING
²¹, CONSISTENT MESS
²², BROTHERLY LOVE
²³, ANOTHER BLOODY SECRET
²⁴, NEW YEARS TRADITIONS
²⁵, LEFT FIELD RELATIONSHIP
²⁶, A LILY EVANS LAUGH
²⁷, NEW CRUSHES AND PROTECTORS
²⁸, A MAY CONVERSATION
²⁹, INTER-HOUSE QUIDDITCH CUP
³⁰, PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS
³¹, THE SIBLINGS OF HOGWARTS
³², FALL OFF YOUR BROOM
³³, BREAKFAST SQUABBLE
³⁴, JUST FOR ONE DAY
³⁶, THE ART OF GOING STEADY
³⁷, A PESSIMIST'S VIEW
³⁸, ONE LAST TRAIN RIDE
³⁹, FIRST DATE BEHAVIOR
⁴⁰, EAGLES ON THREE
⁴¹, HONEYDUKES WAKE UP CALL
⁴², RULES AND REGULATIONS OF BREAKFAST
⁴³, SIRIUS' STUPID COLOGNE
⁴⁴, AN INFLUX IN GIFT-GIVING
⁴⁵, JAMES POTTER'S BIGGEST FEAR
⁴⁶, THE BOYS ARE BACK
⁴⁷, THE LEAGUE'S BEST TEAM
⁴⁸, VISITING THE HEADMASTER
⁴⁹, WAITING FOR SOMEDAY
⁵⁰, FAMILY LIVES AT HOGWARTS
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

³⁵, REGULUS BLACK'S ART EXHIBITION

49.7K 2.4K 1.6K
By nicbelles

𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄
chapter thirty-five; Regulus Black's Art Exhibition
" Sirius, your brother is an artistic genius. "

  THE ONLY PERSON home when Madeline Potter entered the house was Regulus Black. She didn't ask where her parents were or if James and Sirius were together, only took a seat beside the raven-haired boy.

  "How was your sleepover?"

  "Fun," Madeline smiled gently, pressing herself further into the couch cushions as she pulled her feet beneath her, "Lils and I just hung out— she showed me muggle London."

  "And?"

  "And it was unreal, there was this diner with a jukebox," She smiled as she spoke, "We listened to Bowie— this muggle singer— and ate cheeseburgers."

  "Sounds like you had a busy night!"

  Madeline craned her neck to see the source of the comment, her parents wandering in with a single shopping bag. "It was busy— but fun."

  "I'm glad you had fun, lovie," Euphemia smiled, kissing Madeline's head as she passed by. "Where's your brother?"

  "Dunno," Madeline shrugged, "It's too quiet for him or Sirius to be here."

  Regulus snickered.

  "Oh!" Fleamont clapped his hands, "James was going to see, uh, Lily today!"

  "That doesn't explain where—" Euphemia's words came to a halt when Sirius appeared in the fireplace, shrouded by a plume of green flames. "Sirius is."

  "Sorry," The boy said, ducking to exit the fireplace with a small parcel under his arm, "Guess the surprise is ruined now— happy birthday, Reg."

  Regulus jerked up, shock settling across the Potters as Sirius held out the rectangular box.

  "Sirius—"

  "Just take it," Sirius said, waving the parcel slightly.

  "But—"

  "I didn't know it was your birthday," Madeline frowned, making Regulus frown as well.

  "It's not important, Mads."

  "You're turning 16, that's important!"

  "Yes, so take the present," Sirius whined, falling onto the ground. 

  Regulus gave a healthy eye roll, but took the box. He sat still for a moment, frowning when he realized everyone was waiting for him. So, the boy caved, shuffling the lid until it was open. 

  Madeline did not understand why Sirius had bought his brother a quidditch pennant for his sixteenth birthday or why Regulus was so affected by it. His eyes softened for the first time around anyone other than Madeline, lips parted without any syllables tumbling out of his lips.

  "Well?" Sirius asked, shuffling slightly, "You like it?"

  "Let's pin it up," Fleamont said joyously, "Maddie, have you still got some tacks?"

  "Sure I can find some," She mumbled, still confused by the gesture. The brunette started for her room, like a magnet both Black brothers followed. 

  "It's fine, Maddie."

  "Hm?" She furrowed her brows, wiggling her desk drawer open.

  "I don't need to put it up."

  "What— why not?" Madeline asked, giving both Sirius and Regulus a questioning look as she collected the small box of tacks from her drawer. "We're a very quidditch-oriented family, Reg, you've got to represent your team—"

  "I can't tack it to James' wall."

  "Currently, that is James' wall," Madeline stated, pointing to the blank wall above James' futon. "He won't say anything."

  "No one's going to yell at you for it," Sirius said, earning Regulus' full attention. "Have you seen Maddie's walls? They're a right mess."

  The girl let out an offending noise, self-consciously looking around her side of the room. It was a bit of a mess, only growing as she did. Pennant flags, posters, photos, star maps, and fancy papers that read boring things.

  "Rude."

  "Sorry, Love, it's the truth."

  Madeline froze briefly at the nickname that slipped sweetly from Sirius' lips. Regulus, too, halted, which made his brother realize what he'd said.

  "Oh— I'm—I didn't— sorry. . ."

  "It's fine," Madeline said, clearing her throat, "Why are you against hanging your pennant, Reg?"

  "Our parents weren't fond of personalization," Sirius said to break the silence that had settled like dust.

  "Sirius—!"

  "Is it not?" Sirius asked Regulus, "Look, they aren't here, Reg. Regulus."

  He was making too many mistakes.

  "Don't worry," Madeline said gentler that Sirius had, "If James has something to say Mum and I'll take care of it."

  "That is a truly terrifying sentence coming from you," Sirius mumbled, which made Madeline smiled gently.

  "Fine, but only so you two'll get off my back," Regulus grumbled, snatching the box of tacks from Madeline's hands and marching off.

  Madeline's laugh was melodic, and it took her just long enough to realize she and Sirius were alone to allow a longing look to escape the boy.

  "Mads?"

  "Yeah?" She responded hesitantly, turning so she faced Sirius fully. And was also able to take what she thought was a discreet step away from Sirius. He noticed.

  "You alright?" He asked, "That's. . . a vague question, I just— after everything that happened the night we all got here— wanted to make sure you were. . . okay."

  "I'm alright," Madeline said, softening subconsciously, "Spending time with Lily helped."

  "She helps," Sirius agreed, nodding, "We've been writing a bit. I think she really fancies James."

  "Which is gross," Madeline stated blandly, making both laugh, but turn their heads to hide it. "James deserves to be happy, though."

  "I think we all do."

  "Are you two going to stand there all day?" Regulus asked, shattering the moment Sirius and Madeline had found themselves in, "Or are you going to come to see my hard work."

  "Oh, right, took a lot of elbow grease, did it?" Madeline teased, walking past Regulus to James' room.

  "Thanks," Regulus blurted to Sirius, "For the flag."

  "No problem," Sirius smiled boyishly, "Happy birthday. Glad you're here."

  "Yeah," Regulus said quietly, "I kind of am, too."

  "Sirius, your brother is an artistic genius," Madeline announced dramatically from the hallway, "You need to see this brilliant placement— I mean truly one of a kind work here."

  Sirius' lips tugged up slowly, despite still looking at Regulus. The younger Black brother was almost embarrassed at his previous statement, and Madeline's interruption made him slowly smile too.

  "Coming, Mads!"

  "Wait, wait, wait, I have to go first, gotta be at my art exhibit when the fans appear."

  "Not if I get there first!"

  And Madeline Potter giggled loudly as the Black brothers came bounding down the hall, tumbling over eachother, Regulus trying to push past Sirius who was slipping due to his socks on the hardwood. The brunette was, sadly, in their path of destruction but what made it humorous was how they dealt with it.

  Sirius didn't dare slow down, grinning wildly as they did a dance that consisted of them spinning so he could slide past her. Regulus, on the other hand, let his run turn into a full-on slide— socks like ice skates as his slim figure fit between Madeline and the wall.

  "Impeccable!"

  "Slytherin Quidditch Pennant by Regulus Black!"

  "How unprofessional of you to arrive after me."

  "If you hadn't nearly thrown Maddie over—!"

  "I would never!"

( AUTHOR'S NOTE. )
whEN I tell u I love the Black
brothers, I need you to understand
how much. Sorry this is such 
a short chapter btw, I'm getting back 
into the flow of writing this
story bc I missed it :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 373 22
After falling in love with Sirius Black once, Remus doesn't think he can do it again. The Marauders (plus Lily, of course) all moved in together afte...
303K 11.1K 92
❝𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑵𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑪𝑨𝑴𝑬 𝑬𝑨𝑺𝒀❞ in which two of hogwarts' biggest opposites are more alike than they thought. ☼ or: in which sage fontaine...
5.4K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
99.3K 2.9K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...