22 Short Stories from Gravity...

By ThatGFFAN

A collection of 22 short stories from Gravity Falls, Oregon. In these 22 stories, you'll take a trip to the... More

Pre read note from author
Prologue
Story 1: It's a Start
Story 2: By the river
Story 3: The Dust Bunny Problem
Story 4: Pear nose
Story 5: The Lucky Twin
Story 6: Lovely Night for a Drive
Story 7: One Con and a Mabel
Story 8: Rainy day for Golf
Story 9: The Old Lady on Parpan Place
Story 10: Stan's Kitchen
Story 11: Something
Story 12: Steamed Hams (But it's Stan on a Dinner Date)
Story 13: The Most Boring Fanfic Ever
Story 14: The Time I Trucked Up
Story 15: Overdue Fine
Story 16: Piedmont Kids
Story 17: Laundry Fiasco
Story 18: Corduroy Robbery
Story 19: The Fiddle and The Ford
Story 20: The Night Before
Story 21: Enter the Hirsch
Story 22: One Summer, Two Twins
Epilogue

Final Author's Note

115 6 4
By ThatGFFAN

Hey guys,  That GF FAN here (Obviously).

So, 22 Short Stories from Gravity Falls ended yesterday. Thank you so much for reading all 22 short stories I wrote in this project. And if not, they're all out now so you can check them out now. It took over half a year of planning, writing and ideas in order for this project to this point. Truth was, it wasn't easy writing 22 stories. Even ones based off of scrapped episodes like story 18 and 22 weren't easy either as I still needed to make up a plot for them that worked.

Obviously with so many stories, there were some scrapped ones. And by some, quite a few. Originally, I planned to write 30 stories but, in the end, I wanted to stick to my inspiration which was The Simpsons episode 22 short films about Springfield. Unlike other stories, I wrote all those ideas down. Here they are.

Story ideas that didn't make it in

Couch of terror: Bill goes shopping for a new sofa.

Tax Evasion: Stan tricks the IRS again.

Another obsession: Dipper and Ford discover another thing they have in common.

Don't try this at home: Dipper and Mabel try to do a stunt they saw on TV!

Pig life: What does Waddles do when he's home alone? (based off of Home Alone)

All Nighter: Alex Hirsch tries to write an episode in 48 hours.

Identity Mark: Dipper learns that his birth mark is not actually a birth mark, but a gag that Mabel's been pulling on him for his whole life.

Bad Habits: Fearing for his life and health, Mabel tries to help Stan quit smoking. At the same time, seeing she's not looking well herself; Dipper tries to help Mabel eat healthier. And at that same time, Stan tries to help Dipper stop chewing pens before he consumes too much ink.

Update: Bad Habits has now been written as a part of the Adoption AU, created by Marehami and Keleficent. It's similar to the original idea, but now it's Stan and Mabel trying to help each other overcome there bad habits, the Dipper part has been cut out, and oh yeah, it's set in that AU rather than in GF canon. You can read it on here or over on my fanfiction.net and/or AO3 page.

Soft: Stan hosts a party with some of his toughest friends visiting. But Dipper and Mabel are home too. And soon Stan has to let his tough guy image fall in order to help his kids.

Mabel and the Clones: Mabel pays a visit to her two other twin brothers in the forest.

Sleep tight: Mabel tries to help Dipper and Ford get a full night's sleep.

History Travel: Mabel gets Belndin's help to solve a history question she and Ford can't agree on.

Joy Ride Blues: Mabel and Wendy take the golf cart for a joy ride but things go wrong. Now they must get McGucket's help to fix it before they get caught by Stan.

Synth sweater: Mabel's newest sweater takes Gravity Falls back 30 years. Soon she finds herself back in her favourite decade, the 80's. But one can only handle so much 80's.

Something: Dipper and Mabel go looking for something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and something supernatural. While this story was written, the original plan was that the twins lose all the items and a newly wed couple helps them out by visiting the shack.

Here's a small segment to the story Joy Ride Blues which I began writing but gave up on after the idea just fell apart

"All set Mabel?" asked Wendy

"You bet I am! Those nitro boosters you said Soos installed should really give the golf cart a boost," said Mabel.

The two were planning on taking the golf cart out one afternoon for a quick joy ride around town. They had been planning on doing it for a while now. But just as they were preparing to leave...

"Hold up! Where are you girls going?" said Stan as he walked out to confront them.

Here's what the original idea was for story 1. Dipper tries to make Mabel a new cup of coffee after spilling her old one

Story 1: Coffee trouble

One afternoon, Dipper was sitting at the kitchen table reading Journal 3. The book just mesmerised him so much. But he always wondered what all those blank pages were meant for. The author, who ever he was sure had a lot yet to write.

At that moment Mabel walked in.

"Hey Dipper, I have to go help Grunkle Stan for a sec. You mind watching my cup of coffee till I get back," she asked.

"Yeah, sure. Just leave it here," Dipper replied.

"Thanks bro," Mabel said as she ran off.

Dipper continued reading through journal 3 but soon he began to get tired. He got so tired that without realizing it, he drifted off.

The journal fell down, knocking the cup of coffee and spilling it all over the table. The sound woke him right up.

"Oh no, not on the journal," Dipper yelled as he quickly grabbed the book off the table.

It just about escaped but now coffee lay all over the floor and worse, Mabel was going to return with none left to drink.

Dipper pondered as he went to clean up the mess. Should he tell Mabel? Should he fake a cover story?

"On one hand, she'll be mad I spilled it. But on the other hand, this is like her fourth cup of the day. She could do without that extra caffeine," he thought to himself.

Suddenly he comes up with a brilliant idea. Why not just make a new cup?

Only on problem. He didn't know how to make coffee.

Dipper ran to the cupboards and grabbed the only coffee Stan had. Some Colombian brand he had stolen from Bud Gleeful.

"Alright. This may not be from BuckStars but it'll have to do! So, how do I do this again," Dipper said to himself.

He decided to just improvise. He knew coffee had milk and sugar in it, so put the coffee beans into the brewer and pressed the button.

He then noticed a small coffee stain on one of the pages in the journal he hadn't seen yet. The page had been glued shut for some reason. When he pried it open, Dipper was presented with an unusual sight

Recipe for making the Crazy Bean coffee extreme.

As Dipper read the page, he realized it was a recipe written by the author on how to make a coffee so extreme, that it would keep the person who drank it awake for a long time (about 9 hours).

While a risk, Dipper decided to follow it because he didn't know how to make coffee himself and this was a recipe that he could actually use.

And finally, here's a snippet from Synth sweater. I began writing this story but gave up after realizing it was super cringy. 

Synth sweater

"Hey Dipper," said Mabel, "What do you think of my new sweater?"

"Uh, why is it neon?" said Dipper.

"Oh, well I was in town and there was this lady having a yard sale. She sold me this neon yarn from the eighties for fifty cents. I knitted them into a keyboard sweater."

"That's cool and all," said Dipper, "But why are they glowing?"

"It's some weird glow in the dark yarn. The eighties were weird. But I love them. Oh yeah, she also sold me this box of Harfield crackers. And they're delicious."

Dipper yawned, "Okay, well, if you need me, I'll be upstairs taking a nap."

After Dipper left, Mabel tried on her sweater. She loved how bright it looked. She got up and raced to the mirror, eating some of the crackers on the way.

"Wow, this looks so...tubular."

Mabel gasped, "What? Why'd I say that instead of cool?"

"Sup May-May?!"

Mabel turned around to see to her shock, Dipper wearing the most 80's outfit with the most ridiculous looking hair due. He had an old Walkman in his hands.

"Dipper?!" she yelled, "Where the heck did you get that outfit from?"

"Uh...I own it," he said, "It's like, totally in right now. Now if you excuse, I gotta take Pacifica down to the theatre to see Back to the Past 2."

"Pacifica? Hang on...Dipper? That movie came out years ago!"

"What are you talking about. It just came out yesterday."

"What?!"

Mabel raced to the calendar and to her shock, the year was 1989.

"What the heck?!" She looked out of the window to see Pacifica pull up in an old Cadillac.

----

And those are pretty much all the deleted and scrapped story ideas that I had. With that said, I now have an announcement to make.

I'm retiring 

As in, I'm retiring from Gravity Falls fanfics. I've been writing stories for over 2 years now. And I am so proud and grateful for all the support and love you've all given my stories. 

But alas, it can't last. And this is indeed my final story. I'm moving on to bigger things now. And I also have a lot in my own life to deal with now. So I can't keep writing stories to the same extent anymore. 

But at the same time, I've been rethinking my stance on this. I still love Gravity Falls and the support people have given me has motivated me to keep writing. And they still want more. So, while I can't promise anything, this may not end up being my last GF fanfic. 

But what I can say is that for now I need a break. I need some time to rethink and try new things. And if I come up with a good idea for a fanfic, then I may write again and you'll be certain I'll publish it here. But for that I'd need time. Something I hope you'll give me.

Until that time, if you wish to talk or tell me what you thought about these stories, you can leave a comment on here, or tell me directly via my GF Twitter account ( @.forever_gf618) or Instagram account (@. ThatGFFAN). 

Words cannot express how thankful and grateful I am for all that you've done. I always never knew if my stories would be well received or liked by readers. But you've all supported me and helped me make my stories better and better with each new one that I publish. One of the reasons I fell in love with Gravity Falls was its fandom and how nice people in it were with each other. I'm so glad I was able to be part of such a fandom and let it show me the love and support it's given to so many before me and hopefully after me.

From me one final time, unless our paths cross again one day or if I ever return here with a new story for all of you to enjoy...

Goodbye

And As Always, Stay Weird

-HK That GF FAN :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 14.3K 35
It has been four years ever since Bill's defeat and disappearance, restoring Gravity Falls' place as the weird old town in Oregon. (M/n), a young boy...
5.8K 144 8
When one by one, the Pines family start falling asleep from of a mysterious illness, Ford and Dipper must venture out into the Oregon wilderness to f...
1.3K 48 9
Dipper Pines, a 20 year old that lives in a small town called Gravity Falls, works as a book store employee. While at work, tragedy strikes when Bill...
279K 8.1K 33
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ͝ ⏝𝅄︶ ͝ ⏝ ⊹ ⏝ ͝ ︶𝅄⏝ ͝ 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 ✘ 𝘔! 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ͝ ⏝𝅄︶ ͝ ⏝ ⊹ ⏝ ͝ ︶𝅄⏝ ͝ ༊*·˚ 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 the season of the s...