The Moment Before We Kissed

By MissCookie00

"The moment before we kissed... I still remember. The passion. The music. Ben was playing his guitar in the b... More

The Moment Before We Kissed
Booty Bumps and Taco Bell
A Team
It's not what it looks like?
Sweet Buns
Elevators and First Loves
Please Read!

Sugar honey iced tea

11 0 0
By MissCookie00

Hmmm... first chapter 25 views, 2 votes. :) Second chapter, 12 views.. o-o why'd it go down? Third chapter... 8 views what the fudgecake. Fourth chapter 12 views... Okay alright Idk but lets say... I hope you guys are starting to like it?

"Do you want to tell them, or should I?" The sheriff glared at Vanessa and Trent with distaste. Vanessa shrugged, Trent sighed. The sheriff opened her mouth to speak, but Trent spoke first.

"Okay, fine, they recognized us from the Marquee and knew we were underrage drinking." Trent cracked a smile as he said this. "What?!" The sheriff snapped. "Trent!" Vanessa exclaimed. "The fu-"

"I'm kidding!" He blurted, holding in a laugh. "Come on, Trent," Keith pleaded. "Stop messing around."

Keith, Trent, Vanessa, and I have been sitting in the police office for a while now. I'm dressed in a long blue and cream striped cardigan with a white shirt and mom jeans. Yes, mom jeans. The ones that make your butt "look good" when they actually make it look flat. Why am I wearing mom jeans? Because I'm posing as Trent's mother.

I tapped my foot impatiently -like a mother- and waited for them to explain. Trent sighed again, smiled, and let out a soft laugh. Vanessa gave him a flirty look.

"We stole a few tacos-"

"WHAT!?" I yelled. The Over Exaggerating mother.

"Trent! I expect better from you!" I widened my eyes at him and pursed my lips. Vanessa held her head down into her arm so we wouldn't see her giggling.

"And you!" I jabbed a finger at Vanessa. She looked up at me, wide eyed. "I trusted you with my son and you've failed me." Keith snort laughed. I shot him the, You're Next, look, then snapped my head back to Trent.

"Mom, I'm sorry, it was just a few tac-"

"Just a few tacos? JUST A FEW TACOS?! Do you KNOW how much MONEY-" I stopped mid sentence and bit my lip. "Give me your hand." I said. It was Trent's turn to widen his eyes. "Hand." I repeated. He stuck out his hand with a confused look. I slapped it.

"Ow." Trent snatched his hand back. I glanced over at the bewildered look on the officer's face and gave her an apologetic smile.

"I am so sorry, officer, I will make sure this doesn't happen again." There was a long pause in which you could hear Vanessa giggling in her sleeve and Keith snorting again. I bit my lip, trying with everything in me not to laugh. The officer sighed.

"Okay," She said. "Umm... I'm Officer Becca if you need me." She tapped her fingers on the desk. "Any contact with Vanessa's parents?" I nodded. "I called them on the way here." I fibbed. Officed Becca glimpsed at her watch then back at me. "And... where are they?"

Crap.

I coughed. "Um... Well... Her father is in a meeting-" I paused and started tapping my foot on the floor. "Her mother is at work." I looked at the ground. More silence. "May I contact them?" Officer Becca asked after a few seconds. My eyes bulged. "Nope, uh uh, it's fine, we are-" I crossed my fingers. "Like this. We can-we can talk." I stood up.

"Lets go Trent." I said, grabbing his ear and dragging him out the door. Vanessa and Keith tagged along behing me.

"Trent, I am so upset with you right now, young man..." I turned and smiled at Officer Becca again before the door shut. "You are grounded." I told Trent.

When we stepped outside of the police office, we all burst into laughter.

"Are you kidding me, Trent?" I paused to laugh again. "Tacos?" Vanessa laughed. "He was missing a few bucks," She said. "He was trying to be sweet."

I fell against the wall, practically crying laughing.

Keith just died.

"Because stealing tacod is so romantic." I teased. "Okay, no need to make fun of me." Trent said, calming himself. He was bent halfway over from laughing so much.

After a minute, we were halfway down the street and had finally stopped laughing. I took a deep breath. "My cheeks hurt." I confessed. "My stomach hurts." Keith replied.

We turned the corner and Trent waved a taxi down. We all hopped in the taxi and Trent directed the taxi driver.

"NYU."

~~~~~

"Crap." Trent paced the room with his phone in his hand. "What?" Vanessa asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. He stopped pacing and showed her his phone. A few seconds later, she said, "Sugar honey iced tea...", and covered her mouth.

"What's going on?" I said while walking over to them. Trent turned his phone to where I could see it. I examined the screen then covered my mouth and laughed. "Ooo, Trent is in trouble-- AGAIN!"

9 missed calls from Leanne and 5 texts.

"I forgot, I was supposed to be helping someone with their project," Trent explained. "He's trying to learn to play the violin... he's in a trio." I nodded. "And instead, you ended up in the police station with Vanessa for stealing tacos." Trent sighed and silently agreed.

A moment later, there was banging on Trent's door.

"Who is it?" Vanessa replied. "Vanessa!" Trent whisper yelled. "Why did you answer?" "Is that a girl in there??? IS THAT THE GIRL YOU WERE DRINKING WITH?!" The person outside the door yelled. It was Leanne. "No... I'm not in here..." Vanessa said. I slapped my palm against my forehead.

Trent gently guided me towards his closet while the knocking continued. "What--" He shushed me. "Stay in here...I don't want you to get in trouble too. It's bad enough I have Vanessa in here." He turned around and Vanessa folded her arms. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked. Trent shook his head.

"TRENT OPEN THIS DOOR, RIGHT NOW." Leanne yelled. "I'm coming, goodness." Trent responded. Through the small crack of the closet door, I saw Trent open the door to reveal only a part of Leanne's brown bob.

"Trent, what in the world?! Do you know how many times I called and texted you!?" Leanne scolded. "Yes, I just saw them." Leanne snorted. "I sent those texts and calls a long while ago, why are you just seeing them?" Vanessa started to make her way to the closet but I slightly opened it to wave her away. She frowned and went to sit back on his bed.

"Were you with her?" Leanne asked. I could now see her a little bit clearer because she stepped in the door to point at Vanessa. "Okay, this has nothing to do with me, this is Trent's fault." Trent glared at her. "Really?" Vanessa shrugged.

"Answer my question, Trent." Leanne ordered him, tapping her foot on the ground. "I was... eating. I was eating and my umm... my phone was off." There was a moment of silence. Leanne was doing something that I couldn't quite see, then she said, "You're lying."

My phone buzzed in my pocket while they were talking. I quickly grabbed my phone out of my pocket then looked back out the closet door. "You know these students don't know everything about music, Trent! Not everyone knows how to do this! You have to help! Stop slacking off!!!" Leanne was still scolding him.

I looked back down at my phone and saw that the message was from Keith.

Keith: Everyone is in the hallway watching Leanne scream at Trent.

I snort laughed then looked out the door to make sure Leanne didn't hear me. "It's not my fault you actually thought I was responsible!" Trent said. Leanne gasped. I shook my head then texted Trent back.

Me: Well I don't know if u were expecting me to come outside. I'm in his closet, hiding.

Trent: Really?? So we can't practice?

I widened my eyes. I'd totally forgotten about the piano. He was supposed to be teaching me before somebody I know stole a few tacos in attempt to romance his lady.

Me: It's okay, I'll just... try to leave.

Trent: Don't get caught ;)

I rolled my eyes at the phone and smiled, then I slipped into my back pocket. I peeked out the door and saw Leanne looking at the ground. I snapped my fingers to get Trent's attention. To my luck, he looked back and I pointed at the door. When he refused, I took out my phone and pointed to it. He rolled his eyes then nodded. I silently cheered.

~~~

Trent's POV

My fingers danced along the keys of the burnished white grand piano as I waited for Melodi. It was a beautiful piano and resistance to play it was impossible.

I heard the door of the auditorium creak open and, without breaking from playing, I whirled my head around to see her. She swayed her hips slightly as she walked down the aisle, stepping to the beat of the music. I smiled at her. She smiled back.

As she got to the bottom of the aisle, I slowed my playing to a stop and turned to face her. She leaned on the stage towards me. I smiled again. She smiled back.

"Why do you keep smiling at me?" Melodi asked, her curiosity and joy evident in her voice. I shook my head, then replied, "Why not?" I stuck out my hands to help her onto the stage. She grabbed them, held them for a second and blushed. I glanced up at the ceiling.

When I finally got her on the stage, she stretched her arms out and blew out a breath. "What?" I asked. She shrugged. "Just stretching." She said.

"Not gonna chicken out again, right?" She let out a sarcastic laugh. "Ha, ha. Very funny. No." I smirked.

Melodi sat down next to me on the piano seat, our knees touching for a brief second. She took a deep breath in and I kept my eyes focused on the piano keys in front of me.

"So... what song..." Her last word hung in the air. I tapped a few keys, then said, "The one we're working on." She smiled and nodded.

For a while, we sat hip to hip, rendering the song I had begun writing. I taught her chords and how to use the pedal and everything. She didn't know that she would be playing the piano for our performance yet.

She also didn't know that this song was written for her. She didn't know that I fell in love with her. Or the way she makes me feel when I see her, when we touch, when our eyes meet. She doesn't know any of that stuff.

But one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment, add to your library if you liked it. I have an idea for another chapter... maybe next maybe the one after that. Anywhale ...

What was your favorite part? What was your least favorite? What do you think will happen in the next chapter? is the story getting good?

You can answer any of those questions and more in the comments :P btw, you can comment on a paragraph too. Just click it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23 4 9
On a early Sunday morning; Echo is getting ready to head to her parents house to spend the day with her family. There's a knock on the door. Echo ope...
875K 21.8K 25
He's a Goodie-Goodie, And He's a Dirty Rich Boy. He volunteers at soup kitchens, He's never worked a day in his life. He would rather spend time with...
138K 3.8K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...