The Road to the Finals

By ImagineLittleThings

More

The Road to the Finals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Authors Note
Chapter 3
Another Author's Note
Authors Note
Chapter 4
Not an Update
I don't know what to do!
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 5

13 0 0
By ImagineLittleThings

Kacey's POV

This week hasn't gone very well. My all so close brother hasn't spoken to me since he saw me and Cooper kiss at the party which was FIVE freaking days ago!

Today is football training and it has to be pouring down with rain. Don't get me wrong, I love playing in the rain but with my miserable mood, my head won't be in it.

Driving to training was a nightmare. I swear people become crazy on the roads when it's raining. As I pulled up into the parking lot, I saw the familiar Chevrolet Camaro in the first bay but no other cars. Surely Jane would of been here by now.

I grabbed my football bag out from the passenger seat and made a run for the club rooms. I got undercover and saw Cooper sitting against the wall with cones and balls in a mesh bag next to him.

"You know I have a feeling no one else is showing up." I said, catching his attention.

"Yeah, I even thought you weren't gonna show up." said Cooper as he glanced sideways at me.

"Me?!?!" I said, pulling a fake shocked look as I slid down next to him.

Normally Cooper would of been in a fit of giggles but he just gave me a small smile. With a frown I bumped his shoulder to get him to look at me properly.

"What's up buttercup?" I said that before I saw the other side of his face and by the look on my face he knew I saw what he had been hiding.

"Compliments from your brother." muttered Cooper as he pulled the hoodie up, covering his face.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I will get him to apologise! Why would you let him do that to you?" I said, as I put a hand over my mouth in genuine shock this time.

"It's not like I had a choice, he cornered me with some of the other guys from our team. And don't be sorry it wasn't your fault." said Cooper like it was a everyday thing to have a huge black eye and bruising on one side of your face.

Silence settled around us. I was lost for words, how could my brother do that to him. And then realisation set in.

"But it is my fault. I have to be Jayden's little sister and I had to kiss you at the party last week." I said just loud enough for Cooper to hear.

"Hey, I'm a big boy, I can handle being punched a few times, don't beat your pretty little self up about it." said Cooper as he put an arm around me.

"I will have a talk to Jayden though, it's wrong what he did to you, plus he had no right to." I said with a frown. All I heard was chuckling.

"You know, I could see you running for president one day." said Cooper as his arm tightened around me, making me lean into his side and he kissed me on the forehead.

Smiling, I looked down to my phone and checked the time. It was 6:30pm already.

"I don't think anyone is turning up." I said with a sigh.

"Well they shouldn't, I sent a text out, saying training was cancelled to everyone except you." said Cooper with a cheesy smile.

"You mean I could be in bed watching Avengers right now and you didn't bother to tell me?!" I said as I was trying to stop myself from laughing.

"Well that sounds a whole lot better than sitting out here." giggled Cooper.

"I'm gonna kill you!" I laughed as we went into a fit of giggling.

After we stopped giggling, Cooper stood up and held out a hand for me.

"Come on, I'll walk you to your car." offered Cooper.

As we walked under his umbrella, he kept making sure I was ok.

"Cooper, trust me I'm fine." I said for what felt like the millionth time.

"Sorry, I'm just making sure." said Cooper as he held my hand.

We got to my car and he didn't let go, he pulled me into a hug and leaned into my ear.

"I don't know much but what I do know is that I like you, Kacey Smith, will you be my girlfriend?" said Cooper in a big rush of words.

I was absolutely stunned. I know it's cliche but damn did it work. And that's when I realised I hadn't said anything. I looked up to him and all I saw was hurt and disappointment.

"Hey, don't be sad, I haven't said no." I said as I put my hand up to his face and made him look at me.

"Then what is your answer?" asked Cooper.

"Yes!" I said with a big grin on my face. Cooper must of been expecting a no from me because it took a while for him to register what I said.

When it did register, he just scooped me up into his arms and kissed me.

(I know it's very cliche but meh it's cute)

After a while of standing there, kissing, we realised that Cooper had dropped the umbrella and we were just getting rained on.

"Shit, I better get home before I catch a cold." I said as I tried not getting my face more wetter than it .

"Yeah same here." said Cooper as he pulled his hoodie more over his head.

"Bye, I will see you on Sunday." I said as I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek.

"Wait, can I see you before then?" asked Cooper.

"Umm, sure, you have my number anyway just call me whenever." I replied as I picked up my football bag from the ground and opened my door.

"Bye, I'll call you soon." called out Cooper as I hopped onto my old car and started the engine. Instead of replying, I just waved and winked at him before driving back home.

----

Once I got home my good mood crumbled into pieces. My mother interrogated me to where I was, like she gives a crap anyway. I wish Dad got home earlier so I didn't have to deal with this shit.

If you haven't already realised, my Mum and I don't get along very well. I used to with my brother until last week and now he won't even acknowledge me. The only person I get along with in this household is my Dad. He is the only one that understands my need for space and independence. Unlike my mother who smothers me with questions if I'm gone for more than three hours.

Well at least she got me worked up for what I am going to discuss with the golden child now.

I storm up the stairs to his room and knock on his door until he gets off his fat ass and opens it.

"What do you want!" said Jayden with attitude as he swung the door open.

"You know damn well what I'm here for." I said with a stern voice.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." said Jayden with a smug grin on his face.

"You know what I'm talking about! You can't go and beat someone up for kissing me! Especially a fellow team mate who you used to get on with! oh and ganging up on him with your 'little' friends, you are so pathetic! I'm not a little girl anymore, I can't handle my own situations!" I shouted at him while my hands were going everywhere and my face was probably bright red.

He just stood there through all of if with a surprised look on his face. Once my rant had finished, it only took a few seconds for him to make a come back.

"Are you on your period or something?" he asked with yet another smug grin that irritates the fuck out of me.

With that, I raised my hand and full on slapped him. I don't know what came over me but it felt so good to finally do that.

"No, I'm not thank you very much and if you touch Cooper again, you will get so much worse from me." I replied and with that, all the frustration that built up between those five days was gone.

I turned around and came face to face with my mother. God, I'm probably gonna get grounded for saying those 'nasty' things to her wittle Jayden. But before she could say a thing, I heard the front door open and my Dad come in.

"I'm home!" he called out to whoever was listening.

"Dad! You're a life saver!" I called out to him as I bounded back down the stairs with my mother trailing closely behind.

"Why am I a life saver sweetie?" he asked as he put his keys on the counter.

"I was about to get an ass whooping from Mum." I said with a sheepish smile.

"Ugh, what did you do?" Dad said as his shoulders slumped.

"I had a go at Jayden because he beat up one of my friends who is coincidentally my coach and one of Jayden's team mates and he pissed me off because he tried to act like he didn't know what I was talking about so I slapped him." I said in a surprisingly calm voice. My Mum spoke next.

"She can't just go slapping her brother, it's not what I brought her up to be like." said my Mum who is on the verge of tears, it's a pathetic sight to see really.

"No, we brought her up to stand up for what she believes in and to stand up for herself and frankly I think that slap and yelling at was way over due." said my Dad with his hands on his hips. I could so fist bump him right now but I don't think it would be appropriate.

"Are you seriously taking our daughters side over this?" Said my Mum, she was just about in hysterics. I have a name ya know.

"No I'm not taking anyone's side, I am just stating my opinion." said Dad as he stared at mum daring her to step over the line.

The thing is my parents don't exactly get along anymore. Ever since I was about 12, my Mum was bias to my brother. Dad always used to stand up for me until I found my own voice and stood up for myself. That's when Mum started basically denying my existence. Now it's like she picks on me to get anything that she considers wrong and punishes me for it.

"I can't take this anymore, I'm going for a walk." said Mum as she took her handbag and slammed the front door on her way out.

With a sigh, my Dad took two beers out of the fridge and gave me one.

"Here, I think we both need one of these, she can be a handful sometimes." said Dad as he plonked himself on the couch and took a big swig from his beer.

"Thanks Dad but I haven't drunk in two years. Plus I think you need this more than me. I said as I put the drink on the coffee table next to him.

"Oh right yeah, sorry. Anyway what did Jayden beat up your coach for?" asked Dad between sips.

"Because he kissed her at the party last week." said Jayden from the stairs. Of course he was eavesdropping on us.

"Is that right?" said Dad with raised eyebrows and a slight smile on his face.

"Yeah. He is my boyfriend now." I said with a small smile.

"How old is he?" asked Dad. Seriously, that's all you're worried about?

"He is 20, he is a nice guy Dad, I really like him." I pleaded.

"Only 20? I thought you were gonna say 25 or something considering the last boyfriend you had. Then I'd get angry. I don't mind just make sure he doesn't break your heart like the other one okay?" said Dad. see this is why I love him. I can tell him anything and he just talks with me about it.

"Let's not talk or think about that shall we?" I replied with a genuine smile on my face.

"Yeah let's not, maybe have a shower sweetie, you'll get a cold if you stand there any longer." said Dad while looking at my wet hair and football kit. I had totally forgot about being rained on. oh well.

"Yeah good idea." I said and turned around and ran up the stairs to the bathroom and had a long hot shower.

When I got out, I put on pajamas and looked at my phone. 5 missed calls and 8 messages, well looks like I have to call him back. I dialed his number and waited. Not for long though, on the first ring he picked up.

"Kacey, oh my god! I've been so worried, you weren't picking up!" said Cooper in a relieved yet concerned voice. I couldn't help but giggle.

"I was only in the shower jeez, I wouldn't have needed one if someone hadn't dropped the umbrella earlier!" I said teasingly.

"Hey, I was just in shock that you said yes so don't blame me." said Cooper defensively.

"Anyway how are you?" I said trying to keep the conversation going. I'm terrible at talking over phone by the way.

"I'm great except for the right side of my face, what about you, babe?" said Cooper. I think I almost fainted when he said 'babe' it felt so weird yet addicting coming from his mouth.

"Oh ah, I'm alright considering I just yelled, slapped and taught a lesson to my brother and my parents are most likely going to get a divorce this time but I'm okay." I said on huge breath.

"Holy shit, looks like you had one huge afternoon didn't you. All I did was get pop-tarts on the way home but damn you beat me." he mumbled with most likely a mouth full of pop-tarts.

"It's not a competition but if it was I would win." I said while giggling.

"Yes you would." said Cooper with yet another mouth full of pop-tarts.

We talked for a couple of hours before he realised that it was midnight and we both had work in the morning. I knew Mum will kill me for using up all the credit but meh who cares.

--------

Well that's the end of this chapter. I decided to write this one so I could keep the idea going.

Anyway hope you like the chapter and feel free to comment, criticism is good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329 7 31
2.9K 54 10
Girls ,boys ,football ,cheerleaders
7.6K 412 42
I don't know how to do this so Plz just read the story