In This Love

By mayhem_write

Rhys James Holt, didn't know that love could be so close to him and yet he can't identify it as his mind is c... More

Prologue
Nightmares
Ridge
The Holt family
The Bells
First Fight
Mornings
Semantic
The Next CEO
Treatment
Mother
If A Man Talk Shit Then I Owe Him Nothing
The Night
Pain
Feelings
The New Curse
Your Presence
Imprisoned
Dinner
Break In
Heart?
Truth
Time
Puppy
Fireheart
Not Healing
What Now?
What We Have Today
For What We Have Tonight
This Pain
It Can Get Better
Normal
Catastrophe
Why He Came
Letters
Calm Before The Storm
What It Holds
Bennett
How Do We Keep Us Together
We Fall Apart As It Gets Dark
Why
Remember
In This Love
Real
The End
Epilogue

Bad At Love

14.4K 527 49
By mayhem_write

Love. What is love? Is it that sappy old emotion when we read romance novels? Or is it that pain when we look, think, imagine about the person we love and knowing you just can't go through it all again.....

I think it's the latter.

Doesn't matter if the love that makes you feel this way is with your past lover, it can hurt to look at a friend that you have let down. Or you have lost over the years.

I'm bad at both of them on times, but worse when it comes to a lover.

But what happens when your own family hurts you, you will think that they would never do something so horrendous just for something petty like money.

"You're pathetic" I stood in the middle of the home office at I stared at the man who ruined everything for me just for money.

"You all are" I turned around and looked at the other two. She tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear, she did this when ever she was nervous.

"It's great that the Holts got to bottom of this after they took me down even though I did nothing!" My voice echoed in the room. From the corner of my eye I saw Sarah telling me to keep it together.

"You will go to jail, Mason" now that the Holts were catching in their tale, I could see the fear that lingered in his persona. When he didn't say anything, I marched towards his desk and leaned in as I hissed out "I've already told Mr. Holt about everything. I've taken everything from this office" I let out a breath of satisfaction when I saw the fear on his ugly face.

"As proof" anger blazed in his eyes.

"They're taking your ass to the court and no one can save you now" I smirked in triumph.

"Your threats are empty, darling. They trust us" he tired to reassure himself.

Sarah decided to step in "They only trusted you because of Avery. And didn't you just hear her, they have all the proof you dim wit!" I could see her getting frustrated the minute.

I took a step a next to her "And that's not all, Dad" I told him as I remembered what he did to my mother. How could he? Who am I to ask that question, he ruined lives with a cold heart. He wouldn't feel a thing.

"You managed to threaten Ridge by saying that you would hurt me, just to keep his mouth shut" he frowned at my words but soon he caught on "He's dead so you can't threaten him by saying that you would hurt his little half sister" I saw him clenching his jaw.

"I feel disgusted to know that I'm related to you by blood. They sure as hell are your kid and your wife but I realised that the reason why Ridge was never like you all was because my mother practically raised him" I pointed fingers at them "you had no hand in making the man he was today"

I backed away as I smirked. Mr.Holt had already taken the big step, he had taken the whole case to the authorities. They were going to arrest him tomorrow. It was a tragedy on my part because I was leaving this place tonight. But I'm sure I would get to see it all in a day or two.

One year later

The skipped through the thick woods, my feet carried me as I ran after him. Laughing as he ran next to me, over the whole year he had grown so big. The greenery called for me, I could feel myself remembering and being the girl I used to be before.

Playing the game from me chasing after him it turned into something like he was chasing me. I ran as fast as I could, I knew I was fast but with all this practice he was getting he was getting faster than me.

I felt something come between my feet as I lost my balance. Falling in dirt was never fun in the first place but I felt him getting on top of me and licking my face.

"Cassian 1 , Avery 0 " I heard Sarah call from behind sounding as if she was out of breath. I got up and dusted off the dirt that stuck to my leggings.

"You are badly out of shape" I jogged towards her and she rolled her eyes but then saying "You should be the one to be out of shape, you are running after such a long time" I smiled.

"And it feels weird seeing you walk without your cane, let alone running. I thought that despite you couldn't walk over the years but your cane could have been a fashion statement" I laughed as I felt incredibly happy.

I healed, when I came to Canada with Sarah, a month later I teamed up with the doctor Ridge had consulted for with. With Elijah's help of course.

It was weird to walk again with out the crutches and canes. But it did feel like I was getting my old self back.

"I felt like a mother seeing her child walk for the first time when I saw you" I jabbed my elbow in her stomach as later I heard her growl in pain as running after me.

"C'mon Cassian!" I called when later my dog came running to me. I lashed the leash on his collar as we started to walk towards the exit.

My hands tighten around the steering wheel when Cassian jumped in front of me and licked my face again. I pushed him away lightly wiping off his drools off of my face.

I drove us back to our house, running upstairs to my room. I immediately took off my clothes and turned on the shower.

In the moments where I'm alone, my stupid mind pulls me back into my past. I scrubed my body as I wondered what he would be doing right now. Did he move on? I did see his face in magazines and everywhere in interviews with various shows.

He looked hard, mature, he became a guy who kept a straight face making him seen like he was angry all the time. He smiled rarely in pictures or when people would talk to him.

It hurt at times when I passed a milestone, thinking that he could have been with me. Right next to me...

I mindlessly came out of the shower when the water turned cold, I put on some clothes and walked out of the room.

I found Sarah talking to someone with a bright smile on her face, she nodded as she gave the person a goodbye.

I raised my brow as I silently asked who it was.

Throwing the phone on the couch, next to her and she turned to me "Mr.Holt called" she says making me smile lightly.

"Said that he's coming to meet us in a few hours, he's going to for two three hours and then he has to go back to New York" he used to visit me whenever he had a chance, as a getaway from his wife and son. But over the times, he would come and stay at at our house for days. It seemed strange that he would come for just mere hours.

"I guess we should start preparing for dinner then" I said as I started to walk towards the kitchen.

Couple of hours later

Not only Mr.Holt came but Alex came with him too, for Sarah. Over the year, the two started it out slow and now they seem like they are in love.

Mr. Holt and I were drking tea while Sarah and Alex were in her room. I set down my cup on the coffee table and leaned back on my chair.

"You coming here just for a couple hours, feels weird. So tell me the real reason why you're here" I said as I started to get annoyed by the mindless conversation we were having when he was clearly disturbed by something.

He let out a sigh and looked at me as he debated with himself "Kiddo, you know that everytime I come here, it's been always for you two" he said mentioning Sarah as well. I couldn't help but smile at that.

"But this time....I came here for Rhys" he said as he fidgeting a little bit.

I didn't say anything, I just couldn't.....

"He's lost. He's not my kid anymore. He drinks, he goes out, gets in trouble. I feel like I'm losing him" he said so brokenly that it made my heart hurt.

"Yeah, I've been seeing that" I said as I bit my nails. What was I supposed to do about this? It's not like I can waltz back into his life knowing that it would get bad. Knowing that I can't save him from himself.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked hoping that he wouldn't ask me to actually go to him and ask hi about it.

"Nothing. I'm just telling you about it because I want you to know" I was shocked by it, I didn't think that he would just say it and then be like "I just want you to know"

"It's nothing that I already know" I got up from my chair as I rubbed my temples, this sudden headache was coming and I feared that it won't go away.

"It's not my responsibility to do something about it, he is the one who did this to himself. I'm not his wife anymore, I have no right to do anything about it" I threw my hands in the air feeling a bit on the edge as I overthink.

The expression he gave me when I said "I'm not his wife anymore" made he realise that he was hiding something from me.

"What are you hiding?" I asked as I came back to my place, eyeing him in a way that I knew, I was certain that he was hiding something.

"I'll tell you about what exactly he's hiding" Alex said from behind, I looked to my left to see Alex coming out of Sarah's room with her as an arm draped over her shoulder.

"When you left his office" the both came and sat in front of me.

"He lost it. He went crazy like he was a beast. He trashed his entire office, ready to kill someone to would try to piss him off even more. Not only that but...." he trailed off making me angry as seconds passed.

"But what?" I asked.

"He tore the divorce papers before his lawyer could take them from him" I felt my heart stop as if it was caught like deer in headlights.

"So you two are still married at this point" Mr.Holt finished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 104 9
I sat beside the window of my room, a blank expression plastered on my face. My mind was blocked with several thoughts, emotions, etc. Anger, range...
10.1K 235 37
All of her life, she thought to marry a romantic man who could take care of her till death and didn't care about wealth that much. A man which she co...
1.4M 115K 112
This is the story of a multi millainare who is extremely ruthless doesn't love anybody except his mom and sister ... Nothing and nobody matters to hi...
1.1M 34.7K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...