The Savage Casanova [Publishe...

By justbreathesofie

A handsome and most sought bachelor, Ivo, turned away from love and become cynical against it. To drive away... More

The Savaged Casanova [fin]
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Announcement to Readers
Mini series vs. Book

Chapter 6

53.6K 451 30
By justbreathesofie

Alex took her bags and marched up the shallow stones to huge wooden doors.  They were within a Gothic arch, almost black with age and the bolts and nuts were quite medieval.  She raised the iron ring and knocked.  The sound echoed despairingly within.   But no one was coming.  It was getting dark and cold now.  She is still outside the old castle.  Why anyone chose to live in this desolate place was beyond her understanding.  She raised the iron ring to knock once more but nobody seemed to hear her.  No one was home.

She gazes at her netbook after copying all the paragraphs that she has written on her notes.  She bites her lower lip and pushed her reading glasses in place as she studies the words in her manuscript.  The glitter on her hand catches her attention.  She shifts her gaze to it and smile.  She needs to turn this situation to her advantage.  She smiles wickedly as she touches the glitter on her band.

Hindi na niya kailangan mangupahan ng kwarto.  Wala na rin siyang trabaho at perang pambayad ng renta.  Ayaw niyang tumuloy sa bahay ng ate niya.  Kahit sinabi nito na pwede siyang tumira doon.  Hindi siya komportable sa asawa ng ate niya.  Hindi rin niya gustong bumalik sa pugad ng mga tiyahin niya.  Mas gugustuhin pa niyang tumira sa kalye kaysa tiisin ang bruhang ugali ng tiyahin niya.  All she needs is a shelter and a place to write her book.  She will live in his house—for a time being.  The idea of being married to Ivo dela Rosa can protect her against the insults she might receive from her relatives.  Pwede sana siya tumira sa bahay nina Xavina pero makakaistorbo lang siya doon.  The safest place for her to live is in her husband’s lair.  Though it is a revolting thought and cheating behind Kristoff’s back, it leaves her no choice.  It is the only way.

She still longs for Kristoff and wished she were married to him instead of someone she barely knows.  But how can she tell him about this incident?  This news will break them apart.  She loves him dearly and wants to be with him forever.  But Mr. Ivo dela Rosa ruins it.  He married her while she was unconscious.  He took advantage of her while she was delirious.  Now, there will be hell to pay, Ivo dela Rosa.  Just wait and see…

She vaguely remember how Ivo dela Rosa look like.  She rarely gives attention to guys like him.  Bad boys are big turn off for her.  Her ideal man is just simple.  He must have boyish charms and loyal.  Someone like Kristoff.  She feels guilty as she gazes at the glitter on her stretched hand.  Then she feels a vibration from her pocket.  It is Xavina.

“Hello?”

“Flight details please.  Susunduin ka namin ni kuya.”

“Okay,” she replies after letting out a sigh.

“What is the matter?  Are you all right?  Have you seen your mama?”

“No.  Nagkasakit ako.  Kailangan ko na rin bumalik kasi limited lang ang nasa visa ko.  I also need to finish the first half of my manuscript.”  And she needs to surprise someone…

“Okay then.  Send me your flight details.  See you, Ira.”  Hearing her best friend’s voice gave her a feel of comfort.  Her family has been very good to her when she needed when she had problems with her aunts and uncles.

The image of Tita Sophia comes into her mind.  Nakita niya kung paano nito binigyan ng atensyon at pagmamahal ang mga anak niya.  Minsan naisip niya na sana si Tita Sophia na lang ang naging mama niya.  Hindi kagaya ni Anastasia...

“Mama…”  Bumalik sa alaala niya ang paghila niya sa bistida ng mama niya noong sampung taong gulang siya.  Basa ng luha ang mga mata nila ng ate niya.  Niyakap sila ng mahigpit ng mama niya bago nito inalis ang pagkakahawak niya sa bestida nito.

“Mama….”  Tatakbo sana siya ngunit pinigilan siya ng ate niya.

Kinuha niya ang panyo niya sa bag at pinunasan ang luha niya.  Isa yun sa mga bagay na gusto niyang ibaon sa limot.  Sinamantala ng mama na wala kanilang papa nila bago ito umalis.  Wala itong iniwang dahilan.  Basta na lamang itong lumayas at iniwan sila ng ate niya.

Yun din ang dahilan kung bakit siya pumunta ng Santorini.  Gusto niyang hanapin si Anastasia.  Hihingi siya ng kasagutan kung bakit sila nito iniwan.  Pero hindi niya nagawa dahil kinulang siya ng oras.  Tama ang ate niya, magsasayang lang siya ng oras sa pagpunta ng Santorini.

Siguro nga tama ang ate niya, pero hindi pa siya tapos.  Alam niyang mahahanap niya ang mama niya.

“Have more of this delectable coffee Mrs. Jimenez.” He gave her a hypocritical smile as he pours more coffee in her cup.  He is having coffee with the prigs.  He invited them for a dinner and now they are having coffee and wine.  He rarely associates with them, but this time, he needs their support for his wonderful project.

“It is alright, Ivo.  I am quite content at this moment.  Isa pa, matapang ang kapeng ito para sa akin.  Pero alam ko mahal itong Kopi Luwak, di ba Ivo?”

“Yes.”

“Hindi ko lang maintindihan, napakamahal ng kapeng ito pero galing ito sa dumi ng alamid.”  Umiiling na sabi ni Mr. Jimenez.  Tinignan lang siya ng asawa niya at wala siyang nagawa kundi ang tumungo.

“Bueno, Ivo, we know that you are very private, pero excited lang kami sa mysterious bride mo.  Akala namin magiging bachelor ka forever.  Paano kayo nagkakilala?”  He sips his glass of cognac before answering the matron’s questions.  He gazes at his glass while recalling the story in his head and internalizing at the same time.  Their breathing stop as they wait for his answer.  He clears his throat and smiles at them.

“She is not a mystery, Mrs. Miranda.  It just a case of cupid finding his mark.  Sana andito si Moira para maipakilala ko siya sa inyo.  I miss her terribly.”  He sighs to beguile them in believing his drama.

“Oh, Ivo, I did not know that you are romantic.  You kept it hidden beneath your notoriously sinful persona.”

“Me too.  I was surprised to know that the most eligible bachelor has a romantic bone in his body.” One of his guests agrees.

“Do you have a picture of her, Ivo?  Gusto namin makita ang itsura niya.”

“No picture or any images can capture her beauty.  She is beyond comparable, Mrs. Miranda.  A goddess has captured my lonely heart.”  He can’t believe of the words coming out of his mouth.  But he needs to make himself believable among the conniving prigs.

“Tell us more Ivo.  Describe her to us.” Sabin i Mrs. Jimenez sa kanya.

“Sabi mo kakaiba siya, ano ang kulay ng buhok niya?  At ang mga mata niya?”  Ipinikit niya ang mga mata niya at inalala ang itsura ni Moira.

“She is half-Greek.  Her brown hair has wonderful curls.  Her eyes—oh  they are honey-colored and I drown in their sweetness when I look at them.  Her skin is as flawless as velvet cream.  And ah, her lips--those lips are alluring as petals of a rose...”  Gusto niyang masuka sa mga romantic stunts niya.

“You surprised us with your romantic side Ivo.  I believe she is very beautiful to capture the heart of the most eligible bachelor in the Philippines.”

“Yes she does.  Her beauty is not only in the outside, she has a kind heart, smart and generous.”  He sighs and looks at the prigs.  “Oh, enough of this, lalo ko lang siya namimiss.” He takes a sip of his cognac.

Napataas ng kilay si Mrs. Jimenez sa kanya.  “Kung namimiss mo siya, asaan siya?  Bakit hindi mo siya kasama?”

“Hindi pa siya magaling.  Sabi ng tita niya, saka na lang daw siya uuwi kapag magaling na magaling na siya at hindi na mukhang may sakit.”  Napahagod siya ng buhok.  “Sabi ko nga, kahit ano pang itsura niya, siya pa din ang pinakamaganda para sa akin.”

Mrs. Miranda pats his shoulder.  “Oh well, napakasweet mo pala, Ivo.”

He stares at his glass before letting out a sigh.  “Sana andito siya.  I can only wait and dream of hearing her angelic voice to warm my heart.”

“Oh my, she sings?”

“Like a nightingale.”

“That is wonderful.  How about playing musical instruments?”

“I think she used to play the piano when she was in the covenant in Rome.”  Lumaki ang mga mata ng mga kausap niya.  “Isa siyang nobisyada?  Oh my.  Ganun pala ang mga type mo, Ivo?”

“Well—“

“Kala ko kabaligtaran noon ang type mo,” Tinapik ni Mrs. Jimenez ang asawa niya, “I mean she is lucky to trap the heart of the Savaged Casanova.”

“No, I am lucky because I have her.”  He sighs again.  “Kaya ko nga kayo pinapunta dito para hindi ako mangulila sa kanya.”

“Oh, Ivo, sa edad kong ito, kinikilig pa din ako sa pagiging romantic mo.” Nakangiting sabi ni Mrs. Miranda.

“Yun ba ang dahilan kung bakit mo kami inimbita para ikwento ang tungkol sa mysterious bride mo?”

“Not really.  I invited you for my new project.”  Binigay niya ang folders sa mga kausap niya, “Please study my proposal.  I need your support.  This project is for a good cause.”

“Rockford Project?  Could you enlighten us about this, Ivo?”  He opens his folder and starts his discussion about his Rockford Project.  He needs to convince the hypocrites in front of him to support him in this abominable project.  This will make him more scandalous and socially unacceptable in their eyes.

“Since I am renewed man, I want this mini casino to help me build an aviary—a place to protect our birds and the environment as well.  In addition, it will create more jobs in our country.  I want to continue the legacy that my father.  Also, I want to pay it forward.”

“Ivo, you have really changed.”

“Yes, I want to be a model of decorum and propriety,” lumaki ang mga mata ng kausap niya, “I mean every word I say.”

“I am speechless,” sabay inom ni Mrs. Jimenez ng kape niya.

"Well, gusto ko na kalimutan ang nakaraan ko, ang mga kalokohan ko, ang pagiging 'savaged' ko. I am a renewed man. This is all because of love. It made me into a mature person.”

“I can’t believe we are talking to Ivo dela Rosa.  That is what love can do.” Kumento ni Mrs. Jimenez.

"I am a changed man, Ms. Almira Jimenez, ikaw at si Miss Agatha Miranda. Kayo at ang mga asawa niyo—utang  ko sa inyo ang pagbabago ko."

"Tatakbo ka ba sa eleksyon, Ivo? Anong sinasabi mo? Wala naman kaming matandaan na ginawa namin ah.”  Tinapik ni Mrs. Jimenez ang asawa niya.

“Nung pinilit niyo ang mga asawa niyo na bigyan ako ng advice about my investments. Medyo immature pa ako and I wasn't that smart in putting my investments on unworthy things. I know you are just concerned about my reputation and standing in our society. And now I am hoping if you could help me with Rockford Project.”

“May tiwala naman kami sa'yo. Ivo, this is a brilliant plan. Susuportahan ka ng mister ko, di ba sweetheart?”

“Ha? Ah, oo. Oo, susuportahan ka namin.”  Tinaas ni Mr. Miranda ang baso niya kay Ivo.

The project that he conjured is perfect.  He is sure that his grieving widow image will have expiration.  But if this project will be successful, he will not be an elusive bachelor bachelor and it will definitely shock the hypocrites in front of him.  He takes a sip of his cognac and smiles at his guests.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 151K 52
As far as she remembers, she's the obsessed one. Laila does some crazy things while secretly fangirling over the campus semi-cal cutie, Asher James P...
92.2K 1.4K 75
Apat na taon ng kasal si Shu sa isang lalaking ni minsan ay hindi pa niya nakikita o narinig manlang ang boses. Palibhasa ay hindi naman siya dapat a...
93.9K 2.8K 45
He just wants to be with her. But she has dreams--- which doesn't include a future with him.
703K 25K 35
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...