The Billionaires Mermaid (Ave...

Galing kay Book_reapers

Obviously, I DON'T own ANY of the Avengers or Marvel characters, only Gemini, Nat, and the plot. With a rough... Higit pa

Just another day
Thinking with your stomach
Stupid teenagers
Just water tentacles
Part fish
Passing on the story. (Sorry)

One condition

2.7K 71 28
Galing kay Book_reapers

I thought about it for a while. Considering the safety of my island, the animals on and around it, and lastly myself. It was an incredibly tough decision to make. After I had made a decision I had thought about it for a few more seconds making sure it's what I really want to do.

"One condition." I break the silence with confidence.

"What?" she asks genuinely curious.

"No tests. No experiments. On me or my island." I state confidently.

"I can make sure of that." She promises.

"Okay. I need to grab some stuff from my island then we can head out. You can tell your friends that were here earlier about my decision." I inform her.

"I'll wait here." She says happily.

I get up and take a deep breath before heading in land to my waterfall. The walk there was quick cause it was more of a run. I wanted to get my stuff and get off my island. The sooner I got to where ever I would be staying, the sooner I could figure out my quickest exit routes in case she was lying. The smile that crossed my face was unstoppable as I got to my waterfall. Any fear or doubt about my decision melted away the closer I got to my home.

After entering my cave and admiring for one last time how the purple stones light up the usually pitch black cave, I head to grab my backpack. I filled it with clothes, an extra power stone, some of my wish slime, extra spell ingredients and my mermaid spell book. I looked around and grabbed a few toiletries that I hadn't packed along with my phone and phone charger just incase. I felt my leggings looking for my contacts but spotted them in a natural shelf in the cave. I put the dark brown contacts in and threw the case in my bag before I left the cave.

After the run back to the tree line where I left Romanova I saw her with four guys. Four good looking guys at that, but four untrustable guys. Nat was the first to notice me and waved me over. I smiled at her but stopped halfway to her. My smile fell as I spotted something that I never wanted to see again. Nat followed my gaze into the ocean and spotted the same Hydra ship that I did. I made the rest of the way over to her. I threw my bag down next to her and walked to just out of the waters reach.

I could feel everyone's curious gazes between me and the ship heading straight for my island. I was pissed. But not the kind of pissed that burns through your veins until you have to do something. The pissed that makes you shake with emotion and freeze anyone you see in their tracks. I took a deep breath and let the anger control my abilities. There wasn't a second between sounds of thunder as a storm formed almost instantly solely powered by my emotions. As I breathed out my breath was frosty against the usually warm air. Without even realizing it my hand had raised and formed a stop motion.

My powers being at their peak, started to very slowly weaken as the metal ship started to freeze from the inside out. Frost started to cover the outside of the ship as the engine was turned into dry ice. I didn't stop until I could hear the metal of the ship start to crack and dry ice filled the space in the cracks. I lowered my hand as my glare at the ship harded. I held my breath for a few seconds, when I released my breath was back to normal.

I smiled to myself before turning around and heading back to Nat. I grab my bag and smiled at her curious stare.

"What? I told you that I don't like people near my island." I defended nicly.

"Oh, we're gonna get along just fine." She informs me, which causes a smile to graze both of our faces, hers being more evil though.

"I am Director Nick Fury. I hope that you don't have a tendency to do that when angry for your roommates sakes." Nick introduces himself while outstretching his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Gemini." I say taking his hand.

"These boys are Captain Steve Rogers, Thor, and Agent Clint Barton. Some of your roommates. You will meet the rest of your roommates once you reach the tower." He introduces them.

"Right I remember you guys from the boat." I start, "And just so it's out there, NEVER try to pull me out of the water again. Cause the next time you do I WILL drown you." I warn, mainly Thor.

"I am sorry if I offended you Lady Gemini that was not my intention." Thor apologizes.

"Oh yeah, and by the way, what was that impact that the boat felt?" Clint asks.

"Oh, um, that was me, slamming my tail against the boat." I suddenly became quite sheepish and let out a nervous chuckle.

"We will make sure to bring you on water missions then." Steve commented.

"Gemini won't be going on missions. Your job is just to keep her safe and her fish side a secrete. The public can not know about this and keep this out of hydras files the best you can." Nick essentially saved me while informing them.

"Why not? She seems more than capable enough." He replied while pointing to the boat that has started to drift with the current out to sea.

"Because she doesn't wish to be a hero. We just need to make sure that she doesn't get into the hands of hydra. If they get their hands on her then not only will she be untouchable, and under their control, but we don't know what she is capable of." Fury sternly tells Rogers. Both of them seemed to shut up when they realized that Nat, Clint, Thor and I had started walking to the quinjet. They had quickly caught up and joined us though.

Throughout the whole flight Nat was telling me about everyone, their back stories, how she met all of them, and what their personalities were like. And she seemed to spend a lot of time emphasizing to stay away from Tony Stark, and how much of a playboy he is. But what really caught my attention was the way she talked about Bruce. It's obvious that she likes him. I made a mental note to ask about it later in private. When we landed we were greeted by Bucky, who Steve introduced. I didn't get a chance to say hi to him because Nat abruptly grabbed my hand and pulled me into the tower.

She pulled me down a series of hallways until we reached a elevator. On the plane she told me about each floor, what is on them and who usually hangs out on what floor. From what I understand everyone usually hangs out on three floors. The lab, the bed rooms, and the living floor as I call it. The living floor has the kitchen, a bathroom, dining room, and the living room. She also told be that she would show me the pool that they had for me to swim in. It's not the ocean but it will do, I mean your not really gonna get anything better in New York.

She took me straight to the bed rooms to show me mine and let me know who sleeps where. It turns out that my room is next to Vision, and Bucky's. So, she told me to not be too concerned if I hear Bucky screaming from nightmares in the middle of the night, and to not get too startled if Vision fases through the wall to talk because he is bored. After she showed me my room she helped me unpack what little I had.

"I'm making a mental note to take you shopping." She laughed at my lack of clothes.

"Well I didn't really need a lot of clothing options considering that I spent all day everyday in the water, and was only really on land to talk to my friend or to sleep. Besides I rarely go onto the main land so I don't usually have a reason to look presentable." I try to reason.

"What's this stuff?" I turn around to see her holding the jar of wish slime. I chuckle lightly and take it from her.

"Wish slime. I can grant wishes with this stuff." I tell her as I put it in the bedside drawer.

"No way. So with that stuff people can grant wishes? I want some, that would make my job a whole lot easier." She moves towards the drawer only for me to stop her.

"No. I said that I can grant wishes with that stuff. Not you. I have to be in mermaid form and you will not touch the stuff because it was a pain in my ass to make and find all of the ingredients for." I notify her. After she goes back to sitting on my bed I move back towards my bag. Pulling out the spare ingredients, the book and lastly the power stone that I made into a necklace on the way here.

"What's with the book? It looks old." She questioned while flipping through the pages.

"It's mermaiden. That one pretty much just says a bunch of potions I can use, how to control my powers, and a few different siren songs that give different effects." I tell her as I put the necklace away next to the wish slime.

"I thought siren were a completely different creature." Nat questions.

"Nope. They're more of a subspecies I guess. They are mermaids that were banished from their pod or kingdom. After years and years of complete solitude they go insane. They don't want to blame their family so they blame humans. And make it their mission to kill every human that goes into the ocean. Not caring if they were seen or exposed." I explain trying not to think about myself as a siren too much.

"So there are other mermaids?" She asks.

"No. It's just me now. The others gave it up." I tell her.

"What do you mean gave it up? That's an option?" She isn't trying to be rude, I can tell but it doesn't stop the pain in my heart.

"If your in the right place, at the right time. You can lose your tail and powers permanently." I try to keep it vague as a silent signal for her to stop.

"So, why didn't you give it up?" She questions, having obviously missed my signal. I'm silent for a moment as memories flashed through my mind, before sighing and giving her a vague answer so she doesn't ask again.

"I couldn't make it there in time." I reply, not hearing the sadness that had crept into my voice.

"Come on. Lets have you meet everyone and then I can show you the pool." Nat says having heard in my voice what I missed.

"I would like that." I say, needing to get out of my own mind for a bit.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

27K 884 40
She was the gem of SHIELD, the one that everyone knew of, but no one had seen or met, except Nick Fury. She was talked about by everyone, all hoping...
58.8K 1.5K 40
Mistreated from a young age and sent away in her teens by her parents, she all but disappeared off the face of the Earth. Years of abuse from her new...
216K 8.5K 11
(Book 1) A new villain is threatening the Avengers. During a fight that the Avengers are bound to lose, something happens. Loki. He saves them, bu...
16.3K 411 16
BOOK 1 Y/N is a 23 year old super genius, she graduated University at 18 and has been obsessed on recreating wanda's mind reading powers. She was com...