My Ruin

بواسطة KayliaP

I tried touching him, but he stiffened from my touch. I stepped away from him and now my back was facing him... المزيد

Prologue: Suit Guy
1. Stares
2. Lamonte King
3. First Date Part 1
4. Scared
5. First Date Part 2
6. Hawaii
7. First Time For Everything
8. What You Do To Me
9. I Want You
10. A Kiss
11. Falling for You
12. Unknown Number
13. Trey
14. Feelings
15. Raquel
16. Dinner
17. The Club
18. The One With the Picture
19. Graduation Day
20. Fuck Self-Control
21. The Event Part 1
22. The Event Part 2
23. Move On
24. Chef's Kiss
25. Two Tests, Four Lines
26. Rest Of My Life
28. Consume Me
29. Official
30. Heartbeat
31. Brother
32. Hurting You
33. Clearing the Air
34. Again and Again
35. Office Affairs
36. The Truth
37. Closer
38. Mykonos
39. Yes! Yes! Yes!
40. Everything
41. Live With Me
42. That Bitch
43. You Crazy
44. Please Wake Up
45. Awake
46. Baby Shower Shenanigans
47. Baby Shower Shenanigans Part 2
48. Overdue
49. Birth
50. A New Life
51. Nell
52. Abducted
53. Shots Fired
54. Hurting
55. Constant
56. Steady
57. Too Good
58. Night Out
59. Family First
60. Family First Part 2
61. Happy Wife, Happy Life
62. To Remember
Author's Note

27. Happy Birthday to Me

7.6K 233 35
بواسطة KayliaP

ASHANTI

We walked into the kitchen to see Lamonte and Ajax talking.

Trey was silent, waiting by the wall.

I went over to him and asked, "Are you ok?"

He eyed Lamonte angrily and asked, "What is he doing here?"

"Hey, calm down. Ajax is Lamonte's brother and they knew it was my birthday, so Ajax invited him. I had no idea that they were planning this and that they had invited him," I said holding his hands.

He was still staring at Lamonte with such hatred and I could understand how intimidating this must be for him.

I would feel the same way if I was in his position.

He was clenching his jaw so hard I thought his teeth were gonna crack.

I placed a hand on his cheek and I made him face me.

"I'm here with you and he's not going to get between us. I choose you," I reassured him.

But he already had gotten between us.

If I had resisted the urge that night, I wouldn't have been in this position now.

I just wish that I could forget about him and move on with my life, but now I had a baby to think about and I never stopped loving him to begin with.

I was so selfish moving on when I wasn't fully over it and now I have dragged Trey into this.

At first, it was because I wanted Lamonte to hurt the way that he hurt me, but it wasn't right.

I got to know Trey this past month and even before that in Seattle, he is such a kindhearted person and I can't stand the fact of how much this would hurt him.

I like him and I knew that I would have a happy life with him if Lamonte weren't a factor.

Lamonte had ruined me for anyone else, leaving me to compare where there was no comparison.

He broke me over and over again and yet here I am.

I still love him even though I've tried to move on, but I would never give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

I will try my best to move on even if I am having his baby.

"I trust you," Trey whispered as he captured my lips making me lose my breath.

I smiled at him and I could see the scowl all over Lamonte's face when I broke the kiss.

Lamonte excused himself and walked out of the room.

After a while he came back, but he did not look calm. Nobody dwelled on it and they joined in on singing the "Happy Birthday" song.

I rolled my eyes cause it was so corny, but it still put a smile on my face.

We all ate cake and participated in conversation.

"So Trey, what do you do?," Lamonte asked.

"I'm a chef," he answered.

I interrupted, "He is the best cook and his food is to die for."

He smiles at me and kisses my cheek.

I could visibly see Lamonte gritting his teeth in disgust.

Every time I would touch Trey in any way, he seemed as if he was in physical pain.

It was awkward, but Ana and Ajax tried to ease the tension between the two hot blooded men.

"What do you do?," Trey asked.

Lamonte replies, "I own my architectural company, but I dabble in a few other businesses."

"What type of architecture do you do?," he continued to question further.

"I do hotels, mansions, restaurants, malls. I design anything really," he says with a shrug.

The conversation went on from there.

The tension loosened a little bit and I was grateful for that.

I didn't want things to be awkward between them.

I suddenly felt like I had to throw up.

Oh, please no not now.

My pleas went unheard and I quickly ran to the bathroom to puke.

I felt strong hands hold my hair back and comforted me while I threw up.

Morning sickness is a bitch.

But then again, it's the afternoon so I have all day sickness apparently.

I let out a sigh before brushing my teeth to relieve myself from that awful aftertaste left behind.

I turn to face Trey and he looks at me with a worried expression written all over his face.

"Are you ok?," he questions tucking my curl behind my ear.

"Yeah, I think I just ate too much," I said with a fake smile.

***
2 hours later...

The party was over soon enough and all the boys went home.

We had watched a movie and played Never Have I Ever.

It was interesting and some people admitted to doing some pretty reckless stuff.

*cough* *cough*

Ajax was in an orgy.

I know crazy right. I would've never guessed he would've been the brother to get himself caught up in an orgy, but Lamonte, on the other hand, most definitely.

Men handle their beef quite well because we didn't hear much squabble between Lamonte and Trey.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring.

I answered, "Hello."

"Hey, sweetie. Happy Birthday!," I hear both of my parents voice.

Even though, they rarely make the time for me, it makes me feel really good that they at least remembered my birthday.

"Hey, mom and dad," I greet them.

"Hi, baby. When are you coming to see us again?," my mom asked.

"Yeah, we really want to make up for the last time you were here. We didn't really get to spend that much time together," my dad added.

"I will come see you guys soon, I promise," I spoke softly.

"Ok, honey. Enjoy your birthday and remember that we love you," they said.

"I love you guys too," I said with a smile.

They seemed awfully more sentimental than usual, but then again it is a special occasion.

I would have to rack my brain to figure out my parents.

Thoughts of this baby resided at the back of my mind.

I don't even have my life mapped out yet and I just started my career. Soon I'm going to bring a baby into this world.

I may even have to raise this baby on my own.

I let out a sigh as I fell back onto my bed.

What is my life?

***
The next day...

"Wake up, babes," I heard Ana as she shook me awake.

I was in the same clothes as yesterday. I guess I fell asleep without realizing it.

"Take a shower and get ready we are going to the clinic," she demanded.

I got up and did exactly that, feeling the pressure with every step.

I had to know if this was for real before I tell anymore people.

I need to figure out what I'm going to do about this baby, if there even is one.

"Ashanti Clare," a nurse called out.

I stood up and she continued, "The doctor is ready for you."

Ana held my hand tightly and walked into the doctor's office with me.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Walker," she said greeting us with a warm smile.

I gave her an uneasy smile back.

I took a visibly deep breath as I tried to calm my nerves.

She looked over the form that we had filled out and turned back to me.

"Oh, I see. You think you may be pregnant. Is that correct?," she asked.

"Yes, doctor," I answered.

"Are you sexually active in the way that can create a baby?," she asked.

I nodded my head indicating that I was.

"Have you been having any symptoms that lead you to believe that you are pregnant?," she continue to ask multiple questions and I answered them truthfully.

"Ok, follow me," she said.

We walked into a room with unfamiliar equipment, but I figured she was going to conduct a routine check.

She told me to take off my shirt and I did as I was told.

She put a cold gel on my lower stomach and started to move it around.

She pointed at the screen and spoke, "Your baby is this sac right here, around 2 or 3 millimeters wide. And you are about 3 and a half weeks along," she said with a smile.

"I'll give you two a minute."

Ana stared at the screen and so did I.

I was really pregnant, there was no going around this anymore.

"I'm going to be an aunty," Ana whispered beside me.

"It's so tiny right now, but I am going to love this baby," she spoke confidently.

The doctor waltzed back in and handed me paper towels so that I could wipe off the gel.
"Come back in two weeks and I will give you a pelvic exam to make sure everything is in order," she said giving me a smile.

The drive back home was silent.

I didn't know what to do, but I knew I had to tell Trey and Lamonte.

I called Trey and told him to meet me at my house.

***
30 minutes later...

We were sitting in my room and silence loomed over in the air.

I didn't know how to tell him that I was pregnant.

This may be the last time I would see him and some part of me wanted to be selfish. I didn't want to let him go.

I broke the silence with a kiss trying to prolong the inevitable.

I rested my head against his as we both catch our breath, our lips barely touching.

I pulled away and I held his hands in mine.

"Trey, I need to tell you something and I know you're not going to like it," I said as I took a deep breath.

"Before we started dating, Lamonte and I, we had sex. I just found out a couple of days ago that I'm pregnant with his baby," I let out a sigh as I felt Trey pull away from me.

"Why didn't you tell me when you found out?!," he yelled.

"I didn't know how to tell you and I didn't want to lose you. I wasn't even sure if I was really pregnant, but I just came back from the doctor today and she verified it," I said and I stood up to try to get closer to him.

"I can't do this right now," he said looking at me angrily.

"Wait! Please don't leave like this," I pleaded with him, but he was already out the door.

_____

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

230K 10.8K 81
𝐀𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐜 I was broken. I was deceived. I was betrayed. I was familiar only with emotions of pain and anger. Darkness was a part of me. There was...
10.7K 996 34
"You have intertwined our destinies. You involved her into this mess from the beginning of it all and now it's my time to intervene." He challenges. ...
332K 14K 44
|#10 in romance| |#1 in CEO| |#1 in desire| |#1 in marriage| |#2 in drama| |#2 in billionaire| |#4 in love| |#4 in lovers| |#8 in hotguy| |#9 in pass...
471K 15.6K 53
A hand land on the back of my neck turning me around "don't turns your fucking back on me" he growls in my face , heat pool down my core while I smir...