Bonnie & Clyde | Bang Chan Ma...

By twilighttangents

"how have you never held a gun before?" - DISCLAIMER: profanity, homicide, organized crime - #1 in chan | jan... More

Introduction
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Bonus Chapter

Ch. 22

44.3K 1.5K 4.2K
By twilighttangents

-

"You look so wonderful in your dress,

I love your hair like that.

The way it falls on the side of your neck,

down your shoulders and back."

-

"Jesus Christ, (Y/N), just sign the fucking paper already!" Soobin exclaimed, sighing for the umpteenth time. Your exasperated cousin had been observing you practicing your signature on a napkin for the past five minutes. Needless to say, he and the others were losing patience. "Wait--I need to do one more," You said, the fountain pen cap in between your teeth as you concentrated on your last practice signature. After signing your name off with a delicate curve, you took the now inky napkin and flung it at Yeonjun's face. He pried it off with two fingers and tossed it into the nearby trashcan. Beomgyu placed an official copy of the document in front of you.

All eyes were on you. Cracking your knuckles instinctively and rotating your wrists, you rested the tip of the pen on the surface of the paper and then signed your name on the line.

It came out quite nice.

Your cousins sighed in relief, and everyone began to applaud. Smiling shyly, you handed the document to Taehyun, who placed it carefully inside a secure folder. You spotted Chan giving you a thumbs-up, and you returned it with your own awkward hand sign. He forced down a laugh at your failed attempt to look laid back. I probably looked like I just threw a gang sign, you thought. Your fiance made his way towards you, among the various mafia members. After shaking hands with some random person, you pretty much just threw yourself into his arms.

He chuckled and engulfed you in a hug. "Congrats on becoming the new leader of BTS, Miss (L/N)." Your heart skipped a beat when he called you "Miss". Maybe it was because your wedding was the next day. You still weren't accustomed to the fact that you were actually going to marry Christopher Bang. The fact that your last name and title would change. The fact that you would wear his ring on your finger for the rest of your life. The fact that you would have to go on a honeymoon with him and everyone knows what happens during honeymoons.

Chan must have sensed your worry. He slightly pulled you away from his chest, just enough to examine your nervous expression. Rubbing circles on your forearms, he said, "Hey, don't worry, okay? I'll be right beside you every step of the way. Let's just chill for today." You met his eyes, and almost instantly, you were hit with a wave of calm.

Sighing, and walking out of the BTS mansion with him arm-in-arm, you replied, "I guess I can rest for a bit."

"That's what I like to hear."

-

> >

(a/n: i was thinking of writing about a bachelorette party, but i realized that everyone has different views of how they would want their own celebration to play out, so i decided not to. rather, i'll write about the morning of the wedding and continue the story from there.)

Nayeon and Sana's arms were slung around your waist, replacing Chan as your cuddle buddies. Memories of last night were (vague/sharp) in your brain, the various activities of your bachelorette party still (fading/fresh). Your group of girl friends slept in your bedroom, completely passed out.

Jihyo sat up abruptly, gasped, and almost flung herself out of her position on the floor air mattress. She grabbed her phone, which was lying on a vacant pillow, opened it, and yelled, "Wake up!" The others, in response, simply groaned and turned in their blankets. Jihyo pursed her lips and started to blast the default Apple alarm sound.

That did the trick.

"Ugh, turn that shit off!" Momo exclaimed from under her heap of stuffed animals. Checking the time on your own phone, you almost screamed. You were behind schedule. Then it hit you: your wedding is today. Deciding to join Jihyo in pulling everyone up to their feet, you shouted along with her, "We're going to be late! Let's go, hoes!"

"Y-Yes m-m-ma'am!" Jeongyeon yawned, stretching her arms and then mock saluting.

One by one, everyone in the room began to wake up, the excitement of the upcoming event finally hitting them. They rushed out of your living quarters, and into their respectful guest rooms to get ready for the makeup and hair appointments. Nayeon rushed you inside your bathroom, examined your still-sleepy state, and pulled you into a bear hug. "We're going to the salon in twenty minutes. You better be in the goddamn car by then, (Y/N)."

You returned her embrace and felt her shuddering. "Hey, you okay?" you asked. She pulled away from your arms, her face wrought with a happy kind of sadness and tears. She sniffled and wiped her cheeks sheepishly, "I t-tried not to c-cry today. I l-lost m-my bet to Dahyun." You smiled and pinched her cheeks fondly, replying, "You dummy, you should know that you suck at betting." You proceeded to guide her out of your bathroom, so that she too can get ready for the wedding.

"If Chan ever lays a hand on you--"

"Go, Nayeon!"

-

You were counting how many times your grandmother had cried. Seeing Grandma Moonbyul break down from the corner of your eye, you mentally drew a line in your tally. There were six so far. Your mother, on the other hand, was more on the frantic aspect of your wedding, rather than the emotional part. She was rushing to and fro, making small fixes on your dress or hair, as well as those of the bridesmaids' (a/n: choose whichever female idols or your own irl friends as the bridesmaids. i'm giving you guys a lot of freedom).

Looking in the large mirror, you inhaled deeply. You felt beautiful. And you were. Prom night and university graduation were the only other times you ever felt this giddy. Basking in the delights of femininity was not in your nature, but it was inevitable.

But something felt off.

It was probably the uncomfortable feeling of wearing a full face of makeup. Maybe it was the stiffness of the hairspray. A nagging feeling at the back of your mind was saying something else: Lucas wouldn't be here for your wedding. Despite finding out his true intentions, your naive self wanted to believe that no matter what, your childhood best friend would attend the biggest celebration of your life--even if it was prearranged, even if he was originally supposed to be the groom... you wanted him to be there. To see him sit in the seats of the wedding venue and clap when you kiss the love of your life and to congratulate you on the next chapter of your life during the reception.

But God forbid your life turn out normally.

Lucas was banned from your wedding. In fact, there was increased security around the area just to make it near impossible for Yukhei Wong to crash the event.

"(Y/N)! It's time," Your mother calls out, pulling your mind out of the depths of overthinking. Snapping your head forward to face her, you see that she's frantically waving you over. "We're starting in a few minutes, hurry!"

"Yes, mother," you grumble. Grabbing the fabric of your dress. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung help you out of your chair, holding up the dress train so it wouldn't drag around the floor before you get to the cathedral (a/n: sorry if you're not christian, but my brain refuses to see the wedding in any other place than a cathedral. please bear with my stubborn ass).

"Alright," you exhale arranging the bouquet of flowers in your hands. "Let's get this over with."

-

You stood in front of the cathedral's large doors. As your heart beat abnormally, you were pretty sure that you were going to faint. It was great that your father was next to you, though. He kept you conscious with his stupid dad jokes and tips on how to stay calm.

"Y'know," he said with a grin on his face. "Your mother was scared to death on our wedding day too. At least you keep your nervousness quiet. She froze when we had to say our vows." You chuckled, hitting his arm playfully. "I'm pretty sure you were nervous too, dad."

He raised an eyebrow at you. "To have your mom as my bride? Of course I was! I just wasn't as scared as she was. Women are different." You nodded in agreement, "Right? Being a girl sucks. Sometimes I just want to have the emotional capacity of a man."

"It's good you don't," your dad said, turning to face you. His face, now void of humor, was replaced with a more fatherly expression. His eyes were glazed over as he spoke, "I'm so proud of you, (Y/N). Maybe not as much right now, compared to when you graduated college, but eh."

"Sir, the event is about to start!"

You and your father turned around to see the speaker, finding an attractive man briskly walking towards the two of you. "Brian," your dad said fondly, patting the DAY6 mafia member on the back. "Great to see you here."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, sir." He flinched when he heard "Brian". You struggled to suppress a laugh, because you knew he hated his English name. Your father, despite having known the young man since he was a child, was oblivious to the fact. It's a good thing Young K greatly admires him. He turned to face you and smiled warmly. The two of you saw each other as siblings since birth, with him as your super cool older brother figure.

"You look beautiful," he whispered in your ear. He gave you a side hug before another one of your older brother figures entered the scene. Unfortunately, this one was the dork.

"(Y/N)!" Jae strutted in, arms flailing in the air like a crackhead as he jogged to you. Your father narrowed his eyes and smacked the backside of his head. This idiot was, in fact, your second cousin from your dad's side. Though a complete buffoon, everyone loved him.

"Your tie is done incorrectly," your father hissed. Nonetheless, he fixed it for his nephew, brushing the invisible lint off his shoulder. Jae pushed the glasses further up the bridge of his nose, and studied you in your wedding dress. Without a hint of sarcasm in his voice, he said, "Brian's right. You look really pretty today, cous."

Young K hit him on the shoulder.

"It's Young K!"

"You ain't English bruh, you're Brian, give up!"

A third person walked in out of nowhere.

"Will you two shut the hell up?" Sungjin grabbed the back of Young K and Jae's collars and dragged them towards the cathedral's front doors. "You literally have one job!" Ah, Sungjin, another one of your older brother figures. You realized you had a lot of them in your life. This one was probably the most rational one. It's no wonder he's your dad's favorite from DAY6.

"Alright, (Y/N), you ready?" he asked you, clapping his hands together.

Pursing your lips with uncertainty, you nodded with hesitance.

Jae and Young K then proceeded to open the enormous doors of the cathedral, orchestral music flowing into the entrance. Your father squeezed your arm in reassurance, but you were too preoccupied with the beauty of the place.

The guests immediately stood up when they saw you standing in your wedding dress. Inhaling slowly, you began to walk to the altar. Hundreds of faces, both recognizable and unrecognizable, watched as you made your way to your groom.

You decided to look at your husband-to-be (since you were avoiding his gaze this entire time. chan? in a wedding suit? oh good lord). Chan was staring at you, mouth slightly agape. Biting your cheek to prevent a laugh, you met eyes with him and softly smiled. When you reached the altar, your father handed you over to him, and you allowed Chan to help you up the few steps, because high heels are a pain in the ass.

The bridesmaids were on the verge of sobbing, and the groomsmen were grinning like idiots. It was probably from the fact that Chan was stunned at how gorgeous you looked.

> > (a/n: time skip to vows cuz im hella lazy) > >

"After my first breakup, I didn't believe in love anymore. I fell into a never-ending abyss of hopelessness, telling myself constantly that such an emotion didn't exist. Well, at least, not for me. Then out of nowhere, this mafia war appeared and you came into my life. Maybe not the way I would have planned it, but nevertheless, you entered my existence. In all honesty, you weren't my type, and SKZ knows the type I'm into. As time went on, I got to know you more and that meant I fell for you really hard. When I made you so many cups of coffee at midnight and watched you doze off under the moonlight and when you wore my sweaters and tried on my glasses just to make fun of me, I realized that love has no type. Then I realized that there actually is still love in this world. And love is what you and I have. We may not have met through desirable means, but I still met you, and for me, that's all that matters. I want to stay with you until the day I die, (Y/N), because I am so in love with you."

The audience was respectfully silent as they listened to Chan's enchanting words. Your grandmother was crying again, but this time, you couldn't blame her. His vows were so heartfelt and compassionate, that you even felt yourself on the verge of breaking down.

He nodded at you, gesturing for you to say your own. Shyly, you tapped on Jihyo's shoulder. Your bridesmaid handed you a paper on which your speech was written. The guests laughed with amusement, and with sheepish pink cheeks, you spoke:

"I thought I was lesbian. Then I thought I was bisexual. Until I met you. I always believed that I was destined to stay single. I was fated to grow up to be a crazy old cat lady who talks to inanimate objects. But life is weird, and that's how I ended up in this position. To this day, I still don't know which is harder to believe: that there's an underground world of syndicates or that you actually like me back. Honestly, I didn't even know that I fell for you. Half of me wanted to go back to the past and reminisce all the good memories that I made before. But the other half has an iron grip, and that grip was choking me to realize that I'm meant to be with you. Sure, the future is scary and unpredictable, but isn't it like that for everyone? And with you by my side, I'm more than certain that I can go through it with confidence. Christopher Bang, I am so grateful that we met, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

You looked up from your paper, hands shaking, and locked eyes with Chan. His chocolate brown orbs were brimming with such love and passion that it gave you goosebumps.

After having to listen to what the priest said, the two of you spoke:

"I, (Y/N) (L/N), take you, Christopher Bang, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward until death do us part."

"I, Christopher Bang, take you, (Y/N) (L/N), to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward until death do us part."

The ring bearer, Chan's adorable baby nephew, walked up to the altar, holding the silk pillow carefully, as to keep it balanced. Chan took the rings from him, ruffled the boy's hair fondly, and turned to face you, handing you his ring.

"You may now swap rings," the priest exclaimed.

With trembling hands, you slipped a ring on Chan's finger, and Chan did the same with yours.

"I now pronounce you husband and wi--"

All the guests in the cathedral gasped. The two of you turned to look at the priest, and you held your breath in shock. Blood was seeping through the man's chest as he sputtered and fell onto the ground. The security henchmen instantly sweeped the perimeter of the area, the groomsmen pulling out their handguns and protectively forming a semicircle around you and Chan. Tears were blurring your vision as you held onto your groom's arm with fear, looking around aimlessly for the origin of the gunshot.

Suddenly, a hand wrenched you away from behind the altar.

Spinning around to face them, you turned speechless, your face growing pale. "Lucas!" Chan felt you disappear from behind him, and pointed his gun at Yukhei's head. Your childhood friend did the same. Lucas pulled you closer, keeping your neck close to his chest.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Chan asked venomously. "I thought you were forbidden to enter the wedding."

The NCT mafia member simply grinned and stared back coolly, his arm tightening around you. "There are no rules in this war, Christopher." Chan's jaw tightened. "Bullshit. Shouldn't you be with Ryujin right now? I mean, you never truly cared for (Y/N)."

Lucas sneered even more. "Says the person who didn't even bother to find Ryujin when she ran away. Then you go off and steal (Y/N) from me? What an asshole move, Bang."

"She wasn't yours in the first place."

"Tell that to Jin."

"--Who changed his mind last minute because you're a dick. Now, release my bride."

"I don't think I want to." Lucas then pointed his gun at your head. Your eyes widened in alarm, not from the firearm currently aimed point blank on your skull, but because Ryujin appeared. She pointed her own gun at the side of Chan's head.

"Glad to see you again," she said smoothly, poison laced in her sweet voice. At this point, you were shaking in Lucas's grip. Chan's eyes never left Yukhei's--he was ready to shoot him if he hurt you any further. 

Ryujin tilted her head to the side and smirked. "Seems like you're outnumbered here, huh?"

Chan sneered right back at her, "I have all the allied mafias in this area right now, and I can easily have my snipers take you out one by one." Lucas chuckled, realizing that SKZ and TXT had their guns aimed at them from afar now.

"You should know that you're not the only one with snipers, Chan. What do you think killed the priest?"

Chan's expression faltered for a second, but Ryujin sensed his hesitance. "Oh, the great Christopher Bang? Outsmarted? Why, I should've known how much of a fool love makes you." You stared back at your groom, looking for anything in his face that can help calm you--anything that can reassure you that he has something under his sleeve, like he always does.

But, there was nothing.

His eyes left yours, and that was when you realized that he had lost this battle.

As Lucas carried you away, Ryujin still aiming her gun at Chan while walking to the backdoor, the world spun in slow motion. Your groom held a hand in midair, signaling for the allies to not shoot.

In a few seconds, you were placed into the back of a car, seated between two large enemy henchmen.

Tears streamed down your cheeks but you remained silent.

Lucas and Ryujin sat in the front of the car, and the vehicle began to drive off into the unknown.

What a shit wedding day.

-

this is probably the longest chapter i've written so far oop--. the lineup for kcon la is so fucking good that i screamed when kcon usa posted it on their insta. im prob gon only attend the concerts cuz according to literally all my friends, the convention isn't worth it due to all the people trying to push themselves toward the idols (which is hella disrespectful so pls dont do that). my priority date is sunday so yall better hope i get tickets or im quite literally going to drop dead if i dont.

alexa, play "tenerife sea" by ed sheeran

-  erica

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 39K 45
❝ What's your name? ❞ ❝ If I told you that, I would have to kill you sweetie ❞ -------------------------------------------- Your whole family is part...
55.1K 2.3K 18
Book One in the Criminal Series! There was a murderer on the loose. The infamous "Jawbreaker" As soon as you and your team thought you were close to...
9.9K 277 9
Straykids Oneshot stories [slow updates] [mostly Felix centric] {All trigger warnings will be displayed at the top of each story}
416K 13.3K 61
"T-target practice? Like... with guns?" "Well... sometimes we use knives too." ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉ 𝘌𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘥𝘫. : 𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘶...