Elgin's Enigma ✔

By JJJ000YYY

Elgin is your average city filled with people, trains, fog, victorian era fashion, goat people, and the best... More

Dedication
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Mark Information
Bonus 1
Trailer

Part 22

39 10 5
By JJJ000YYY

INT. POLICE STATION–DAY

ROCH looks through cabinets in the tiny office frantically. He gives frustrated huffs while searching and slams the drawers when he's done looking through them. ERLE and DARCY watch the detective make a mess of the place in the safety of the foyer. Darcy is carrying a cage with a crow in it.

DARCY: This damn cage is so heavy.

ERLE: You alright with it?

DARCY: Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I'll just place it down here.

Darcy places down the cage and there's a sudden crash. The two boys look into Roch's direction to find him grumbling to himself even more angrily.

ROCH (mutters): Hmm they're not here. Must've dropped them elsewhere...

DARCY: Dude, he's really worked up about this.

ERLE: It must've been really important.

ROCH: Isabel, remind me to lock the door so those tattooed hooligans don't crash their way into here again!

DARCY: Um, rude.

ERLE: He doesn't seem to like talking to us much either it seems.

DARCY: That's a given, he would rather talk to his invisible girlfriend.

ERLE: I tried getting his attention a few times before but he wouldn't talk to me.

ROCH: Damn! Not here either. Where did I put them?

ERLE: Do you want help? We can try to search with you.

Roch waves a dismissive hand and Erle sighs.

ERLE: Alright. Have fun trying to find them.

DARCY: Should I tell the others about this?

ERLE: About what?

DARCY (whispers): The notes. Maybe we can find read them to see if there's anything important.

ERLE: Vanessa mentioned to trail this guy didn't she... yeah go notify them.

ROCH: It's not here either. I thought this was where I dropped it. I'll have to check the train station.

ERLE: Ah, make sure to mention the train station in the note too.

Darcy nods excitedly and he picks up the bird cage as he exits the station.

ROCH: Dammit Isabel! I think I dropped some of my notes. I'll go find them. Do a little patrolling while I'm out there.

Roch storms out of the station.

CUT TO:

EXT. "SERENA NESTOR" TRAIN STATION – NIGHT

MIN, JORDANIA, and LUCY sit silently on the abandoned platform.

LUCY: So uh, where should we look?

MIN: We were told Roch was storming his way over here so we should be quick with this.

JORDANIA: Might as well start searching for them now.

The three of them look around the area, trying to find any sign of the lost notes. They search for a few minutes and are unable to find anything. Min looks under the platform and Jordania gives a small shriek.

MIN (bewildered): What is it? Did you find something?

LUCY: Are you okay?

JORDANIA: Yeah, I'm fine. I wanted to freak you guys out. This search is boring.

MIN: Could you act natural for once, Jordania?

JORDANIA: Perhaps this is my natural state, Min.

MIN: You live a sad life, don't you Jordania?

JORDANIA: Not as sad as this unsuccessful search, Min.

MIN: Fair enough.

Lucy sits down onto the platform and gives a loud groan.

LUCY CONT'D: God, this is taking forever.

MIN: It's a big place and we're looking for a tiny notebook. I bet if might take us all night.

JORDANIA: I wonder if Roch managed to find his way over here yet. It doesn't take that long to get here.

LUCY: I'm just scared we might get arrested too if he sees us. Is there a curfew around here?

JORDANIA: Don't think so.

MIN: I bet he got hold up. Lots of people have caused mischief lately.

JORDANIA: People are really into trying to mess with the place I swear. Did you see them swarm the station right after Min said they handed in a resume? They're freaking nuts.

MIN: I don't want the job anymore now too. Rather stick to my alchemy apprenticeship.

LUCY: Also, Min... how are you holding up with the rumours?

Min pauses and glances at her.

MIN: What about them?

LUCY: Are you okay?

MIN (grumbles): I'm fine.

JORDANIA (to Lucy): No worries, I got an eye on them.

LUCY (raises an eyebrow): I don't know whether you guys hate each other or are just really close at this point.

MIN: Oh?

LUCY: Both of you are always seen together nowadays.

JORDANIA: Ah, well the truth is... I found the notes not too long ago but I didn't want to climb a damn tree to get them.

MIN: Wait, what?

JORDANIA: Yep, up there.

Jordania points at a nearby tree and the notebook is nestled on a branch.

LUCY: How did it get up there?

MIN: Probably the wind.

JORDANIA: Yeah, so I'm not getting that damn thing while in this dress.

MIN: That is indeed an issue.

LUCY: I can get it.

JORDANIA: You sure? You're wearing a dress too. I'm sure Min can get it if they tried...

MIN: Who said I want to be the one to get it?

JORDANIA: I've seen you climb the abandoned train. Don't act like you can't get it.

LUCY: I want to get it.

MIN: Jordania, did you put some kind of witchcraft on the poor girl?

JORDANIA: If I knew witchcraft, I would've travelled back home already, Min.

MIN: Ah, there she goes.

Lucy climbs up the tree carefully and her foot slips but she manages to regain her hold.

JORDANIA CONT'D: You sure you got this?

LUCY: Yep!

Lucy quickly grabs the notebook before climbing down. Jordania gives a small round of applause and Min rolls their eyes at her reaction.

MIN: Let's read the thing and quickly get out of here.

LUCY: Alright, alright. (Clears throat) It says there's something about void being drugs? He thinks that we're too fascinated by the orbs.

JORDANIA (snickers): Drugs?

LUCY: There's a note wedged in between the pages too. Says it's the last note Lilith left before she disappeared.

MIN: Who's Lilith?'

LUCY: No idea. Water seems to have smudge the damn note too...

JORDANIA: Read out what you can see.

LUCY (reads): It creeps by my vision all...in the end...can feel bones. Key can't......wish...to be true... I did see it. I know this... can deny. They all pretend...is the... vault?

MIN: It sounds like quiet mystic's letter. At least what she talked about.

JORDANIA: So it's the lady who returned the key to the store?

MIN: I think so.

LUCY (continues): Where do I go from here? Spoke to ...meaningless. Life is meaningless. Key could not open. They...said... but I wander? Need...the paths...if they gather where nature needs them...it will be achieved... change universe. Bend time. See space.

MIN: Bend time?

JORDANIA: Sounds like talk of going back home.

LUCY (continues): Can it come through when we do? If we unlock... what will come through? They say it holds something to be found. What if it holds something back? Can't find...run to...prophet of lies?

JORDANIA: That sounds dangerous and ominous.

MIN: Does it say anything else?

LUCY: Nope, that's all that it says.

JORDANIA: Damn. That's some heavy stuff.

ROCH approaches the area grumbling to himself and the three notice him.

MIN (hisses): Quick. Throw it to the ground and run.

Lucy throws the notebook to the ground and they all leave the scene. Roch continues to walk and sighs in relief when he sees the notebook. He picks it up from the ground and dusts it off before putting it into his pocket.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 53 18
⚠️NO NSFW. REQUESTS CLOSED.⚠️ An average day in an average place! ✨!FINISHED!✨
5.8K 207 25
As a young adult, you were still curious of things. Now that you are at a legal drinking age, a friend of yours, presented a bar that was oddly place...
123 8 20
What happens when a girl meets a demon in the woods around her city. Read and find out.
40.3K 1.7K 41
In which an Alpha dials the wrong number and contacts a weirdo! Let's just say, things get really weird. EXTREMELY BADLY WRITTEN! READ IF GRAMMATICAL...