The Perfect Couple

De EstrangeWriter

Hello, The Estrange Writer invites you to come on a journey witnessing the endearing life of "The Perfect Co... Mais

Message To Readers
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter Seven

523 35 34
De EstrangeWriter

New Cover for, "The Perfect Couple!"

"Oh! I remember now."

Note: Hello Readers,
This story has now begun to reach a place where we will see the actual plot being revealed. New characters are going to be introduced and things are about to get heated. Can our perfect couple withstand the heat? Only the future can tell, or maybe the past. Enjoy! - The Estrange Writer

*(Thoughts are written in Italic)*

The day went along productively for both Ram and Priya. She had her lectures and he spent the entire day engulfed in his files and meetings. However, their thoughts did linger into their personal lives a few times during the working hours. The recent events had spicened up there thoughts and a lot was being thunk up in rememberane. But one thing was for sure; they both had a tiresome day and couldn't wait to get to the comforting walls of their home.

Priya was able to go through the day quite well; forgetting about Eshalla. In fact her plan to leave the thought of the woman, had gone quite well since she didn't even think about Esha once after her decision.
She did however, wonder what her husband's day was like. What he would be doing at the very moment whilst he was on her mind. All to be addressed when she would see him the evening to come.

Even though Ram's day was hectic, his mood didn't change from the night before; he was still happy. Seeing Esha again made him feel nostalgic. His thoughts for the day consist mostly of things from his past. Way before Priya and him. The good old days.
It had been a while since he had imagined a time where Priya wasn't part of his life; since now, he wouldn't even entertain the thought of her not being there.

But Eshalla Chabra and him. The both of them were once very inseparable. If he ever had a flaw, Esha definitely knew of it. She was his good friend and back then their relationship knew no bounds. That was the level of comfort they shared.

Surviving school days would of been hell without Esha. They were so close that their relationship did irk many.
He was also made aware of the fact that people actually thought they were a couple, but decided not to address the rumor; for he understood the grounds on which their relationship stood at that time.

In fact they discussed it among themselves many times over, and they both quite liked the arrangement they had. Just the fact of being there for each other when needed was enough. He had Vikram, of course no doubt, but when Vikram had Neha to deal with, Ram wasn't left alone. Esha was there too. There to be that cliche bestfriend of the opposite sex that every male student needed.

Now, the only relationship they have, was remembering the comfort factor they once shared. The years did damage to the once coveted, unbreakable connection they shared during their college days.

A big part of why they were so close was that both their fathers were business partners. They grew up forcefully going to business parties and gatherings together. Both at first shy little kids but soon after had grown keen to each other. It wasn't hard after for Vikram to accept her into the gang since Ram deemed her worthy of being an honorary member of the squad.

It's crazy how you can be so close to someone yet not fully know or understand them for yourself. Ram's mind caught that thought today but he quickly dismissed it. Not wanting to put to much thought into that in particular for some reason.

One thing was clear, and that was that they both needed to make up for all the time passed. The time where they didn't even care for knowing the whereabouts of each other. The period where their personal priorities engulfed them both. They were great friends, but why did they just seem to forget one another?

Clearly a lot had changed since the good old days. Ram met Priya, got married and now, they're a staple representation of a perfect couple to their onlookers. Though the circumstances that brought them together wasn't a typical one. Looking back at it; the both of them would just laugh, but it wasn't so funny back then.

The craziest thing was that Ram actually had no idea of what Esha was doing all those years. Of course he heard the obvious from her parents but personally he had no clue. I should have kept in touch. We were better than that.

These were the thoughts of Ram Kapoor that day. But something did happen. Something that made their separation easier than just two friends who just didn't keep in touch. Something they weren't addressing even after meeting. The thing that made them drew apart.
~ ~

Sitting at her desk, Priya applied pressure to her forehead, pressing her fingers into her temples in a massaging motion. The work load of the day made her come down with a bit of a headache. She sighed a bit from the pain, picking up her phone from off the desk where it was laying securely and began to type a message;
"Hey... just finished my last lecture. Gonna head home a bit earlier today. I'm beat. No need to worry... I'll travel home and see you there," Read the message Ram received a few seconds ago from his wife.

Upon reading the message he began his reply,
"Hey no! You should wait... I'll send a car for you. Was about to message you anyway.... I might be a bit late today, but I'll be home before dinner. Sit tight the car is on it ways and I'll see you in good time babe. Let me know when you're home okay, love you!"

Seeing the message Priya sighed while she leaned back in her chair. She rolled her eyes a bit thinking about Ram's audacity or why he has to have his way with her, as she acquiesced to his decisions always. Though she knew he was unfeigned in his actions, somehow the thought of him being informed on everything she does just seemed to pop in her mind.
She wasn't angry or anything, the headache just made her a little agitated but she decided to leave the thought of that also. She sat and waited for the driver to get there like a like a teenager under supervision; just eager to get home.
~

While walking through the doors of their home, she messaged him sharing her safe arrival and went straight to the living room. Which consisted of Dadi and Krishna, who were sitting having a discussion.
To her it was a very normal and common sight. They were both two old retired people, enjoying the rest of their life in the comfort of their home; with not one care in the world and loads of time to gossip.

Greeting them both she sat for a brief moment conversing a bit, which she immediately regretted.  Somehow the conversation changed to them talking about Esha being back in Mumbai. 
Why did I have to sit here? I could have easily gone to my room. She sat there miserably listening to the elderly women speak.

The conversation dragged for some time with the two women speaking a mile a minute. At this point her headache had gotten worst; all she could hear was the repetition of Eshalla's name out of their mouths. Eshalla! Eshalla! ESHALLA!as if she couldn't get a break from it.

Keeping a pleasant look on her face, she finally excused herself and retired to her bedroom. Now is not the time to be the attentive Bahu Priya. She thought most dreadfully. Secretly to herself, she cursed this day that made her so uneasy. 

She already knew the remedy to her discomfort; a steamy hot shower to cool her agitation and make this headache vanish. She wasted no time in her aid and scurried to the bathroom as quickly as she could.

The steaming water droplets palpitating against her soft skin and flowing down her locks of hair were bliss. It was like the water were washing away her aches one by one. She soon began to forget her troubles and even wondered why she was even worked up so much in the first place. 

Recently hers and Ram's relationship was just fine. They didn't disagree or argue as of lately so there was absolutely no reason for her to be this agitated. The only thing she really thought about was last night's occurrence; meeting the infamous Eshalla Chabra whom Neha had told her about so long ago.
She didn't think last night of all times she would finally meet her so unexpectedly, even though she was at the Chabra's home. She had been attending events there for so long and still hadn't met Ram's college bestie. 

She dare not call herself jealous. She wasn't, she convinced herself. I'm not jealous! Why did I even let myself get worked up by this lady. I don't even know her. Or what she's really like. But Ram does. Hmm... he probably knows her really well... She let her thoughts linger into a dark place. You know what Priya, forget it!  You think too much.  She scolded her own thoughts.
She convinced herself once again to leave the thought of the woman alone. Many times this day she had done that. Perhaps her curiosity was just blowing things out of proportion. She just continued to enjoy her shower which was appreciated by her pulsing aches.

Walking out of the changing room fully refreshed, her hair still wet and drizzled over her shoulders, she sat on the love seat positioning herself to be as comfortable as possible. The headache had subsided and she was happy again; as her natural-est remedies never failed.

She called to one of the man servants ordering a well deserved cup of chai before she let herself be engulfed in one of her books. This was her idea of a time spent in leisure and she was not about to get carried away in anything else but recreation.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." – Frank Herbert, Dune

Priya's thoughts intensified as her mind became fully involved in the book. Those certain words connected to her like the remedy of her troubles. Fear? She pondered on the quote; digging deep but couldn't find anything.  What fear she could possibly have that she wasn't aware of at the moment?
Perhaps something was happening deep within her mind that she didn't want to address just yet. A far thought: one she didn't wish to meet. So much turmoil this book arose in her from no where;  or maybe somewhere. Maybe she knows or maybe she doesn't want to know. Perhaps she was thinking too deep into it.

The time passed and a tired Priya fell asleep on the love seat snoozing away as the book lied on her chest, still in the light grip of her hands. As promised an eager Ram waltzed in good time before dinner. Entering, his eyes fell upon a dozed Priya asleep on the chair placed neatly in the corner of their room.
She was not startled one bit by his presence, hence she still slept soundly. It was not a first for him to see her asleep on the love seat, but for him it was like a new experience every time. He was blown away by her beauty in the simple act of just sleeping and looking as innocent as she did. Still wet locks of her hair were splayed across her face in an adorable mess. One he had no problem in correcting. He took his fingers and tucked the rebellious strands behind her ear gently and smiled. You're so beautiful Priya.  He became lost in her sleeping innocence; truly he was a content man.

He too went to freshen up and during the course of that time she awoke from her nap. Coming out of the changing room he was greeted with a big bright  smile from a still very sleepy awaking face.
Running his fingers through his now wet and sleek hair he said, "Hi there!...How was your nap beautiful?" He asked coming a little closer to the love seat smiling handsomely at her.
"To be honest I can't even remember falling asleep but I'm glad I did," she laughed a bit getting up and moving from where she was; trying to close the gap between them.

"Well you do look happy to have fallen asleep," he took a hold of her as she got closer to him. He pulled her into a hug and she too hugged him back.
"Missed you so much today baby!" He said when he kissed her forehead and she stayed a bit in his arms for a few silent seconds. Not long after she felt it. A hard member poking at her stomach. She pulled back from him a bit.

"You can't be serious Ram," she placed her hand on her forehead in disbelief, shaking it in the negative.
"It's been two years of marriage, plus we've know each other long before that, and you still get an erection from just looking at me? Your crazy Mr. Kapoor!" She said to a Ram smiling from ear to ear who looking to her with not one bit of shame evident on his face.

"Wait a minute! Hold up Madam! So you're telling me that you don't get excited when you see me?" He asked staring at her quizzically.
"Am... yes obviously I...." she tried to speak but her lack of words and stutters  made her message clear.

"Ahaa!" He interrupted her stutter. "Miss Priya, this happens to people who are madly in love. Something you probably never experienced since you are not a married woman... apparently," he said in a joking manner teasing a blushing Priya.
"In that case, I think I should leave you to it Mr. Ram," she said defending herself before leaving his embrace laughing out loud at him.
A swift Ram caught her by the arms before she could leave the room and drew her back into his arms quickly before she could make another escape. He started tickling her which made her cry out loud laughing like a crazy person. "RAMMM!!!" She squealed in between the laughs and giggles, wiggling in his arms and begging for mercy but he enjoyed her suffering.

~ ~

They both sat at the dinner table with the family present. Everyone there looked a bit tired, which was a good conversation starter.
"You guys look terribly tired, a lot of work today?" Ram asked. Everyone answered almost in unison which actually put smile on there faces for some reason. Hearing from everyone was a relief you could say. Being able to sit together and have dinner was a luxury that wasn't always afforded in the Kapoor Mansion, but thank God that now they could. Which made the older heads of the family grateful.

"How are the preparations for the anniversary party going ma?" Ram inquired from Krishna.
"Just a few more loose ends to tie up and the event is set. But it has been a lot of pressure to make this event as special as it always is. You know how much the anniversary itself meant to your father. It shows that his hard work and dedication paid off. With you now in charge of his legacy, I'm sure he's most happy with that." They elder lady said most peacefully.

"Yes ma! I'm sure Appa is happy. I remember him not even letting you plan the anniversary. It meant so much to him and every detail had to be perfect. Now that he's..." he paused a little before continuing, "Gone...I  believe you and Dadi knew him better than anyone. Which is why I entrusted the two of you. I'm sure he would of been pleased with whatever you both have planned." Ram assured his mother, which made her happy.
She was indeed a proud mother. Ram being a very idealistic son. Intelligent, responsible and caring; there was nothing more she could pray for. She was happy that his father was able to impart some of his wisdom into Ram before passing on. Which made Ram a good man in her eyes.

They all continued to converse and enjoy the time spent with family. Hearing the details of each other's day and laughing together at all the funny moments they chose to share among themselves. The closeness the family shared at this point had never been better after Amarnath had passed. The past couple years had help the connection and relationship to continue grow. The Kapoor family finally got back its peace once again.
~~
Way passed midnight, in the darkness of the room, the couple laid asleep in bed, but a startled Priya awoke from what seemed to be a nightmare. She woke suddenly in fright, panting and cold sweating. Reaching over to the night stand she quickly poured herself a glass of water from the jug situated there and gulped it down desperately. Finally calming the palpitations of her heart and cooling herself a bit, she realized she was awake alone.

The sudden movements on the still bed didn't awake a frantic Ram rushing to her aid. He's sleeping so heavily, he must be tired. She thought before reaching back over to the night stand and taking her phone which was also there. Opening the search engine she typed: [ Ovarian ...Cancer ] and clicked enter. Upon delivery she saw her phone flooded with facts and sites, she immediately swiped off the page and flung her phone to the side. "It was just a dream! Just a dream!" she whispered reassuringly to herself.

She threw herself back onto her pillows shutting her eyes as she forcefully squeezed her lids together. She was trying to fall back into slumber, but to her misfortune was failing miserably. Staying awake would not be good for her at this point. Its too quiet, too peaceful; she'd overthink the world into ending. God knows she needs to sleep after what her brain put her through today. 

Peaceful thoughts! Peaceful thoughts! Sleepy thoughts! Sleepy Priya. She started chanting those words like a mantra to motivate her sleep.

In those same moments Ram rolled over in his sleep and wrapped his arms around her unconsciously. He startled her at first, but soon she felt the warmth of his arms. Never had she ever felt safer, than in his arms and was able to fall asleep without trouble soon after. 

~ ~

"Hey Jass! I only have two lectures today, so i'll be finishing in a while. How about a lunch and chat at your place? You free for that? Let me know okay." said the voice note Priya had just sent to Hanajassa from sitting behind her desk at work.

Hanajassa Ramsingh: unmarried, single, kickass criminal prosecutor attorney, known for her outgoing captivating personality and longtime close friend of Priya Sharma/Kapoor.

Soon after a reply came in the form of a message, "Sounds fun, Bring wine!" Nothing like midday drinking with your best friend burdening her with all your troubles. She contently thought. Priya smiled when she read the message; distinctively hearing Hanajassa's voice as she read it in her mind. Oh! what fun. She thought cheerfully.
~ ~
"I need a man... wait no, I need sex. Yup that's it! Sex." the woman said taking a sip from the partially filled wine glass in her hand; as she sat back with her feet folded on the laid back recliner.
Priya laughed aloud when she heard what Hanajassa said resulting in Jass throwing a bit of an annoying tantrum like a child

"I've been so busy recently, I've been totally neglecting my precious self. All this fabulousness." She wined gesturing her hand over the entirety of her body.
"Being single is great and all until you get that cold lonely itch in the middle of the night.
Then you realise there's not a fat indian man, whom you love very much snoring next to you in bed." She said both sighing and laughing at the same time.

"Unrelatable Jass! Get a man!" Priya shouted to her maintaining the laughable mood while sippng from wine glass.
"Hell nooo! NEVER! No man could ever baggage claim Hanajassa Ramsingh dearie! I rather adopt ten cats." Hanajassa said in a proud manner with a straight face before they both started laughing aloud with each other again.

Settling down the moment a bit, Hanajassa boldly ask Priya, "So what is it Priya? What's wrong? Why are you here? I know you didn't come all this way just to hear about my dreary sex life and what not. So tell me what happened?" The mood got a bit serious suddenly and Priya started just looking at her with just a blank stare apparent on her face. A few second passed.

"Come on tell me! Did something happen with you and Ram? Hmm? Are you alright?... or are you being blackmailed? Do you know who it is? You want me prosecute the fucker? What is it hun?" She bombarded Priya with inquisitive questions to calm her concern.

"No! No! Its nothing like that Jass! Relax," she shook her hand and head in a fit trying to reassure Hanajassa that the problem wasn't that serious.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes hun... I am." She smiled half way.

"Then what is it Priya?" Jass bit her bottom lip with anxiety visible on her face. She sat keenly waiting in anticipation for Priya's reply. If it wasn't so serious then what was it that bothered her friend so much?

In Your Heart,

The Estrange Writer.

Note: Its been a while. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Truth is I was about to quit this story but I decide not to as I should stick to the commitment. So I hope you guys enjoyed it very much and look forward to the next part as I plan on completing this story. And No it's not like the original storyline. I want to introduce something new. So please bare with me. Hope COVID 19 hasn't shaken you up too much. Remember I love y'all, wear a mask and stay safe! ❤

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.9K 157 1
Ram and Priya who were mere strangers to eachother help eachother to move on from the betrayal they got from their respective life partners.
4.6K 538 12
Priya a well known businesswoman, run her real state business, a unpleasant event force her to marry him . He is not perfect match for her. But to ke...
8.8K 871 19
Ram a ruthless businessman, holding the top position of the business world .. still bachelor, does not believe in love , he loves his freedom and doe...
4.2K 564 14
Ram is a dedicated worker and always indulged in his work. Extreme of everything got a terrible ending. Because of his workaholic habit, unknowingly...