Always and Forever

By SheIsNotSane

"He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her." * "So, did you miss me?" I joked, lig... More

Strange and Mysterious
Mr or Miss?
Making It Back From Hell
His Darker Side
Code Red
His Softer Side
Warning?
Whispered Converstations
He's Armed and Dangerous
What He Has To Say
Under The Rain
Welcome Home
A Serial Killer
Stake Out
Weddings, Dances and Hunter: Part 1
Weddings, Dances and Hunter: Part 2
Violent Acts
When Things Lead To Another
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Side Effects
Moving On: Part 1
Moving On: Part 2
Red Eyes, Contagious Smiles and Blue Skies
The British Guy
Shut Up and Listen
Stay Safe
No Way Out
The Voice Inside My Head
Ana, Tas or Anastasia?
Just Try and Try Again
Confessions
Struck By Lightening
His Not So Humble Abode
Ward E
Taking You Home
A Little Crazy
Warrior Anastasia
Game Over
Ticking Time Bomb
Always and Forever
Always and Forever - Hunters POV
A/N Greif
A/N Announcement
Character Interviews

Paranoia

358 25 2
By SheIsNotSane

Chapter 23: Paranoia

"This is so kind of them. They really shouldn't have." Mom was pretty amazed at what the Van-hutens had gifted me.

"I know it's amazing." I exclaimed putting the diamond set back down.

"Alright what else do we have." Mom asked curiously as we both lay in my bed going through all my presents like every year and of course coming up with ideas on how to return the favour by thinking of what to get their sons and daughters on their birthdays.

"A Michael Kors watch." I said.

"Awh, too bad you already have that one." Mom said as she examined it.

"Hmm, I can give it to Lyla down the road, I haven't seen her in ages." I suggested.

Lyla is girl I used to to tutor back in the days, she's only a year younger and turns out were a lot alike.

"That's a wonderful idea. You can take some of those brownies I made too. They'd like that." Mom added excitingly.

"People can be really nice eh mom?"

"Hmph, they can. But they can be just as bad when they want." She spoke slightly dazed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I curiously questioned.

"Nothing. Just some words of wisdom."

I smiled, "Accepted."

"What's that?" She pouted towards a light blue box with a ribbon that maybe coincidentally resembled Tiffany's.

I stretched out taking it and brought it closer only to identify it as Tiffanys!

Woah, why spend so much on... Me?

I gratefully opened the box revealing a ring. A beautiful plain ring with a silver cut around the edge and as I wore it, it fit perfectly.

"That's beautiful." Mom said seeming impressed.

"Anyways dear, I'm going to get a snack. You want?"

I shook my head unable to take my eyes of the ring.

I had two rings as presents. I wonder who sent them.

Take care of the ring

Hunter?

Taking the ring off I noticed an engraving on the inside.

Always and Forever

It was beautiful.

Needless to say I understood this was from Hunter.

But this must've cost a fortune. Why is he making things so hard? It's already hard enough to accept him as he is and now he's doing this?

I shook my head shrugging it off. It's a beautiful gift but it can't mean what it would have a month ago.

But then who sent the necklace I found before the party? Ana? Hunter always calls me by my full name so it wouldn't be him and this just confirms it anyways.

***********

"Bye Mom." I closed the door and quickly stretched before going for my run.

I don't run for track or anything but a little running helps me blow off some steam.

I began running and running and running. Faster and faster as if I were running away from something and I had lost all sense of direction that I actually slightly bumped into someone, I felt quite dizzy as I spun around but managed to apologise quickly before running away again.

I decided to stop near the park and I took a seat on the bench just breathing slowly and feeling tranquil. I observed the park and the children and the parents, everything looked so normal. I wish things were the way they looked. From far I thought I recognised that person standing there and for a moment, I don't know if I'm being paranoid and this might just be a bullet shot into the void but I think that the person is watching me.

I decided to just run again. And so I did. I ran from where I came and hazily entered the supermarket where I bumped into yet another innocent soul who had been fed the misfortune of walking into me.

"I'm so sorry." I said looking up with see Jason.

"This has got to stop happening." He smiled, placing his hands on my shoulders trying to balance me.

"Thank you. And I know right? I guess it's just a small world."

"Really small in this case." And this time I smiled.

"How are you Jase?" I don't know where the nick name came from but it did and it was out there and I couldn't take it back.

"Jase, huh? I like that." He said as though he was actually thinking about it.

"So what's up?" I asked him as we walked deeper into the store

He shrugged, "Nothing much just doing some shopping, what about you? How's Hunter?"

"Not sure" I said curtly

I guess he realised that was a dangerous path to walk upon so he left it at that.

In that moment Jasons phone beeped. I looked at him and asked "You need to go?"

He looked at me sheepishly "Yeah sort of but it was nice seeing you"

"You too" I told him as I gave him a hug.

"Bye" He spoke still hugging me.

I tried to slowly pull myself away from the hug but he didn't let go in fact his arms tightened even more.

"Um Jason?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah" he replied casually.

"Didn't you have to go?"

"Uh huh"

Well this was getting awkward...

"Jason" I said firmly and loudly.

"let go" I pulled myself out of his arms and ended up hitting an old lady's cart.

"I'm so so-"

"Danganabit children these days" She had a heavy accent I couldn't identify and as she went by just before she turned the corner she flipped us the bird.

My mouth fell open in shock as Jason started hysterically laughing.

And yes, he is still here.

"Huh that was interesting" I muttered to myself.

"Well that was funny but I got to get going"

Finally.

"See ya!" I replied as he walked out the doors.

I breathed out a heavy sigh as I went round picking out some chips, chocolates, ice cream and anything that's not healthy to get ready for my movie marathon.

Once I got everything I needed I left the store with two full bags of food.

As I was walking home I felt as if something or someone was watching me. It was getting pretty dark already especially since it's October. I knew it wasn't some sort of fluke or my paranoia kicking in. Someone was following me. He was following me.

I sped up my pace hoping towards the high street hoping there was more poeple round there.

I could hear his footsteps get faster matching my pace. It was then that I broke out in a full sprint. I ran and ran not looking back.

The bags were weighing me down so I dropped them on the floor feeling much more free.

I came to a halt as I realised I came to a dead end. I dropped to my knees breathing hard. I couldn't hear any thing it was really quiet a bit too quiet.

I lay there for a bit making sure there wasn't anyone following me again.

I got up and started walking out I came to the corner and looked around but just before I could take another step a hand came down on my mouth as someone pushed me against the wall. I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to scream but nothing could be heard. Once I opened my eyes I saw the familiar eyes of Jason.

Jason?

"Be quiet!" He whispered harshly while looking around.

I shrunk back into the wall as he came closer.

"Jason please don't-" I spoke once he removed his hand.

He looked at me in curiosity.

"It's you? you're the one who's been stalking me? Wha-" He cut me off before I could finish

"Wait wait wait hold on for a second there would you? You're coming to the wrong conclusion here" He lifted his hand in a surrendering position.

"I'm not the stalker" He said firmly

"Then why were you following me?" I spoke cautiously

"I wasn't- alright yeah I admit I was following you but I only did to keep you safe" He clarified

"Safe from?" I questioned

"The real stalker"

"Wait how do you-?" I stopped once I realised the answer.

Hunter

"Oh right"

"You could have just shouted to me that it was you at least then I wouldn't have had to leave my food back there in the proccess of running for my life"

"Literally" I muttered.

"What are you talking about?" He said in confusion.

"When I was running from you" I said slowly. I gestured behind me. "Near the supermark-that wasn't you" I concluded.

"No I just came now"

"But you said you were following me" I spoke in confusion.

He cleared his throat in nervousness.

"I uh"

"You've been following on a regular basis haven't you?" I said dryly.

He gave me a sheepish grin, shrugging his sholders.

I shook my head and sighed in fatigue.

"Lets get on home." I whispered.

******

:) tell us what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 71.1K 63
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
952K 22.9K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...
43.5M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...