Only you; Jack Hughes

By I_WRITE_ANYTHING

Annabella Brodeur, well Ava. Yep, the daughter of the one and only Martin Brodeur. With a child's whole life... More

Chapter 1- cutie at Dunkin
Chapter 2 - Blue eyed hottie
Chapter 3- Bruised knuckles
Chapter 4- Kisses, surprises, and cries
Chapter 5- Date night
Chapter 6- America's Ass
Chapter 7 - Panick attacks & Jealousy
Chapter 8 - Oh My Friend
Chapter 9- a constant thing
chapter 10 - expecting the unexpected
Chapter 11 - pappa brods
Chapter 12 - family
Chapter 13 - birthday
chapter 14 - No. Fricken. Way
Chapter 15 - wait 'til later
17 - things must come to an end
Chapter 18 - Don't want to feel another kiss if its not from your lips
Chapter 19 - NHL
chapter 20 - so am i
chapter 21 - number one! Lets go baby!
chapter 22 - baseball boys
Chapter 23 - Happily Ever After
Chapter 24 - dreams
Chapter 25 - the same
hola chicitos

chapter 16 - one week

5.5K 51 10
By I_WRITE_ANYTHING

1 MONTH LATER

New Years had passed, bringing us into a new year and I couldn't be happier. I had everything that I not only needed in life, but everything I wanted, too. Connor, Mitch, and Dylan left but they promised me that I would see them soon so I complied.

I was currently in my room with Jack, sitting facing each other on the bed.
"Are you sure you have to leave in two weeks." I asked with a frown on my face. He pecked my lips and responded, "Yes but I'm coming back here every two weeks until I get drafted, so don't go anywhere."

I groaned and pecked his lips once more, "This is gonna kill me. What am I gonna do without you all the time, without Trevor being my bff all the time, without Josh teaching me something new everyday, or without Spencer's piggy back rides, or without Cole and Alex constantly bullying you, or without Quinn and Will yelling about being uncles all the time." I said, making a puppy dog face with sadness.

He laughed, "Actually Wills staying in DC with you when the tournaments are over, and Cole will probably still constantly bully me." He said, kissing my lips once more.

I frowned, "I know but it's just the best having you here." He gave me a smile and pecked my lips once more. "Well then, let's make this the best two weeks of our life."

I smiled and nodded but then let my voice get quiet, "Are we going to try a long distance relationship?" He looked at me in shock, "Are you kidding me Annabella! You're literally the best part of life, why would I ever want to lose that?"

My vision got burry as tears formed in my eyes, "I just can't lose you." He pulled me into a hug, holding me tight. "You won't."

---

After mine and Jacks convo my dad told me that we had to do something so out of respect Jack left and my dad had all of my brothers and I sit in the living room.

"Okay guys." He spoke up, "You know how we all loved Jersey very much when I played there." He said and everyone nodded.

"Well, I got a job offer there and.." I cut him off.
"You're not considering moving us there, right? That would be insane" I said and Will nodded, "Yeah, all of our friends are here."

My dad shook his head, "I've decided that we need something new in our lives so, we're going to Jersey." He said with a smile and my younger brothers cheered as Will and I sat there with our jaws open.

"Dad, you can't do this." Will said, standing up as I had his back, "Yeah, DC is home to us."

"I'm sorry kids." He said with a sigh, "But it's not like you guys don't like Jersey. Will, your friends are all going to get drafted anyways, so you're bound to part ways. And Ava, you'll be able to FaceTime them, just like you do with Connor."

I shook my head in disbelief and ran up the stairs. I paused at the top and looked down at my dad, "How long do we have?"

He looked back up at me, "1 week"

-----

After laying under my covers a miserable wreck for 6 hours, it was already dark out.

I had to make a decision and it was whether or not to break up with Jack. I know it's the same thing, whether he has to fly to jersey or here, but what happens if we move again? It's just too much for me to handle and I mean this in the least selfish way possible.

I called will into my room, and he came with a pout on his face.
"I need a favor." I said, patting the bed next to me for him to sit. He followed my command and sat next to me, "What's up?"

I sighed, "Can you not tell the boys that were moving yet? Or at least tell them not to tell Jack? I have to find my own way to tell him."

He nodded, "I have to tell them that we're moving Ava, but I'll make sure they won't tell Jack. As long as you do me a favor." He said

I nodded, telling him to continue. "Don't wait too long to tell Jack, it'll just make things even worse in the endgame."

I smiled at him, giving him a hug, "Thank you. I love you."
It was now his turn to smile, "shouldnt you be saying that to Jack? It's about time." I groaned and covered my face in frustration, "I may or may not have said it to him while I was drunk at my party."

His eyes widened, "Have you at least said it after that? Like, while you weren't drunk." I shook my head and he let out a laugh, "Well you better say it soon, dork."

I nodded as he got up from the bed, "Thanks again." He gave me a small smile, "Be ready in 20, the guys are definitely coming over."

----

The second the boys came over, I gave them all humongous bear hugs. I guess Will already told them because they all had this sad look in their eyes, except for Jack.

I finally got to Jack and I held him for a while. He tried to pull away but I kept him in place.
"What's up with you?" He laughed, "Youre extra sappy today."

I smiled, "I'm just taking advantage of the fact that I have you right now." I said, trying my best not to get teary eyed.

"You're sure that you're okay? Nothings bothering you?" He questioned one last time.
I nodded, "Everything's just fine." Lie

We all headed to the basement and got comfy on the couch. The boys all looked super sad so I turned to Jack, "If you want to be the best boyfriend ever, can you do me a favor?" I asked with a smile.

He nodded. "Can you go upstairs and get my favorite sweatshirt of yours, you know that green one?"
He smiled and pecked my lips, "Of course princess."

The second that Jack went up the stairs and closed the basement door, Trevor jumped on me.

"I don't want you to go Ava, I can't live without you in my life." He said, making my eyes water.
"I know." I said, running my hands through his hair in a comfortingly, friendly manner, "Trust me, it's all I've been thinking about."

Spencer gave me the puppy dog eyes, "Thanks for being our sister Ava. You've stood by us through the thick and thin." I smiled at him and all the boys in front of me. They all jumped on top of me and gave me the best group hug ever.

The second that they heard the basement door open, they all got up and went back to their old spots before Jack noticed.

"Here you go my love" Jack said, handing me the sweatshirt and I greatfully put it on, even though the temperature was comfortable.
Jack laid his head on my lap and I ran my fingers through his hair. This is definitely going to be missed.

4 hours later, everyone was passed out except for me and Jack. We both headed back up to my room because we didn't want to make a lot of noise and wake them up.

The second that Jack got on the edge of the bed, I connected our lips. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, and I stood in between his legs, almost the same height as him, but I was a little bit taller.

He kissed me back passionately and I knew that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. He slowly pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine, "I don't know what has gotten into you, but I love it." He said with a smirk and I laughed.

Within a second, he flipped us over so he was now on top of me on the bed. He tried to lean in to kiss me, but I turned my cheek.

"Really, Ava?" He asked frustrated and I looked at him innocently, "What?"

He groaned, "you know exactly what you're doing" he said, trying to lean in again but I turned my head again. Since I wouldn't give in, he kissed my neck instead, and I definitely wasn't complaining about it.

He pulled away and looked at my neck, smirking. "I'm sorry, Annabella, but you made me do it." I raised my eyebrows in suspicion and got up to go see what he was talking about in the mirror.

A bright purple mark was sitting right on my bare neck and I gasped, "Are you serious right now, Hughes?" I questioned making him laugh.

He pulled me back on top of him, and he sat up while I straddled his lap. My face was inches apart from his face and these three words just slipped out of my mouth.

"I love you" Jacks eyes went wide as I continued, "I'm so in love with you that I don't even know what to do anymore." That was all it took for him to smash his lips onto mine with passion. The kiss was full of love and hunger, showing each other how we really felt all of this time.

I pulled back from Jack slightly, placing my hands on his chest. He let out a cheeky grin, "I love you more"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

529K 6.4K 71
"You need to stop it with the fighting, Wade! On and off the ice. You can get killed out there!" She yells. She was so worried. His plumped red lip a...
61.7K 678 22
Ava is the sister of the Hughes brothers. She's the only girl and the youngest. Being the only girl her brothers pushed her to the side a lot. They...
108K 793 33
one shots of the new jersey devil himself, jack hughes. semi-mature scenes swearing lowercase [requests are open!] 1 in njd [5/10/23] 1 in nationalh...
15.5K 311 37
22 year old Melissa falls head over heels for a boy her father warned her about. She refuses to believe what he says and refuses to listen to the war...