When Ground Met Sky

By Clexa_is_weakness

Lexa has led her people effectively for years, overcoming many obstacles with an iron fist. Having lead her p... More

The Commander
The Sky Princess
We Are Not Alone
Reasons
Have Mercy
A Streak Of Light
Cracks Let The Light In
War Council
Arkadia
You Make Me Weak
Your Commander
Familiar Faces
Forks and Knives
Mine
They Know
May We Meet Again
It's True
The Gates of Polis
Get Yu Rein In
It's Ok To Feel Things
Quick Stop
That Was an Order!
By Moonlight
Where Are We Going?
Let Me
Authors Note

Ever After

5.2K 137 144
By Clexa_is_weakness

A/N: This is it loves, the beginning of the end. I have to wrap up this story and move on to another story. I made a cover that is really giving me some inspiration, I'll post it at the end of the chapter. I can't wait to mark this story complete and move on, I love this story so much and I'm thankful for all the love you guys have given it! May we meet again.

3rd Person POV

"Lexa!" Clarke sat at the foot of the bed, watching as the brunette lay peacefully asleep. Her features were relaxed, her face completely void of the stress that always seemed to weigh her down.

"Commander!" Lexa squinted her eyes slightly as she nestled her face comfortably into the pillow. Her breathing was slow and steady, her lips parted slightly.

"Heda!" Lexa shot up as soon as the word left Clarke's lips. Her eyes flew open as she searched the room, an anxious and alerted look on her face.

"What's wrong? What is it?!" Lexa stared at Clarke in complete confusion. Her eyes trying to figure out what was wrong and how she was needed.

Clarke sat there staring back at Lexa as she burst out into laughter. "Your face!" Clarke struggled to suppress her laugh and get the words out. "Your face was priceless!" The blonde reached for Lexa's leg which was still under the blanket, she squeezed it gently.

"Clarke." Lexa rubbed her eyes, a slight annoyance lacing her tone. "Why did you wake me up?" When she looked back up at Clarke she wore a childlike grin that lit up her face. "Clarke?"

"Sexy Lexy." Clarke winked as a sheepish grin spread across her lips.

Lexa's eyes widened at the new nickname, her face scrunching up as she hid her face in the blankets. A mumble escaped the sheets she held over her face, "Clarke you can't call me that."

Clarke leaned forward and pulled the blankets off of Lexa completely. "Why not." Clarke placed a kiss on Lexa's forehead as she straddled her hips. "You were sexy Lexy last night."

Lexa groaned as she rolled Clarke off of her so she was now laying on her back at her side. "Fine, but don't let anyone hear you call me that." The brunette smirked against the exposed skin on Clarke's neck, "Ever."

"Okay sexy Lexy....you have my word." Clarke jumped out of the bed and pulled the rest of the blankets off of Lexa. "Get up!"

Lexa groaned as she brought her hands to her face, "Why such a rush Clarke." A smile curled the corners of her lips. "I'm wore out from last night."

"Too bad, get up." Clarke tugged on her arm as she slid out of the bed.

Lexa stood up and pulled Clarke into her, wrapping her arms around the blonde. Skin against skin as the two embraced. "I never want to leave this place." Lexa sighed into the crook of Clarke's neck.

"I know." Clarke held on tighter to Lexa, not wanting the moment to end or the realization that they would have to leave set in.

"I get you all to myself here." Lexa pulled back slightly so she could look into Clarke's eyes. "I don't owe anything to my people here...and neither do you."

"Lexa...."

"Clarke." Lexa did not attempt to hide any emotions on her face. She was beautifully vulnerable and Clarke loved the openness on her face. "One day we will live here, just the two of us." Clarke nestled her face against Lexa's chest. "One day we will owe nothing more to our people."

Lexa felt a small tear roll down her cheek. She knew Clarke couldn't see it but she struggled to keep her voice from betraying her. "Don't we deserve that?" Her voice broke as the words left her lips and she knew Clarke could feel her sorrow when she held on tighter and pressed their bodies impossibly closer.

"Maybe we do." Clarke felt the waves of sorrow and realization roll over Lexa.

Lexa knew that the only way she would owe nothing more to her people would be through death. She was pledged to her people and only death could remove a Commander from her throne. Clarke knew this also but they both held onto each other anyway. Maybe things could change, maybe they would be allowed to live the life they were both longing.

"Clarke, I can change things." Lexa felt that Clarke knew she was bound to the throne until death and she was right. "Blood must have blood. We changed that. To be commander is to be alone, we can change that too."

Clarke nodded against Lexa's chest, "I believe we can." She felt Lexa sigh deeply as her arms wrapped around her waist. "I know we can."

Lexa sat back onto the bed and began to dress herself, "Back to reality for now." She gave Clarke a sad smile.

"Your people need their Heda, be that for them." Clarke pulled her pants up and began fumbling with her belt, "We have the rest of our lives to worry about us."

"Till death do us part."

Clarke looked at Lexa surprised, her face scrunched into an expression of confusion.

"I asked Raven about your people's marriage customs." Lexa offered a warm smile as Clarke stood frozen at the edge of the bed.

"Clarke." Lexa grabbed both of Clarke's hands in her own as she got onto one knee in front of her.

"Lexa..." Clarke's voice was shaky and her eyes were glossy as she slowly shook her head from side to side in disbelief.

Lexa smiled widely up at Clarke, tears of her own brimming in her eyes.

"Clarke Kom Skiakru, I swear fealty to you. I vow to treat your needs as my own and your people as my people. I have loved you since the day I saw you and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you." Lexa took a deep breath and closed her eyes before continuing to speak. Clarke was looking down at her, her cheeks glistening with tears.

"Clarke, would you make me the happiest person in all of the 12 clans and Skiakru by marrying me?"

Clarke fell to her knees in front of Lexa, leaning her forehead against hers she let out a sob. "Lexa Kom Trikru, I do."

Lexa lunged forward, wrapping her arms around Clarke and sobbing into the crook of her neck.

"Lexa I love you too." Clarke cupped the side of Lexa's face, forcing her to look her in the eyes. "I love you so much."

Lexa grabbed Clarke's wrists and choked on her words, "You are my everything Clarke Griffen."

They sat like that for hours, holding onto each other and sobbing.

—————————————————————————

"Back to Polis." Clarke leaned back into Lexa as the horse trotted steadily beneath them.

"Not quite." Lexa kisses the side of Clarke's neck and the blonde could feel her smile against her skin.

"Where-"

The gates of Arkadia rose regally above the tree tops in the distance. The metal of the sign reflecting the light of the sun and causing a metallic glimmer.

"Lexa!" Clarke turned as much as she could on the horse and gave Lexa a side hug.

"We have a lot to explain." Lexa leaned down and placed a kiss on the top of Clarke's head.

"Yes we do." Clarke smiled and looked up at the brunette. She licked her lips and parted them slightly, signaling Lexa to place a gentle kiss on her lips. Which she did, a smug look in place.

They rode up to the gates, Lexa's arm firmly around Clarke's waist.

A gruff voice called out, "Open the gates!" Seconds later the gates began to creak a metallic groan. Lexa cringed at the sound and the horse stepped sideways nervously.

Lexa kicked the horse into motion and soon they were inside the camp, the gates groaning shut behind them.

Lexa slid off the horse and offered a hand to Clarke, which she took and hopped to the ground.

"Princess."

Clarke felt Lexa tense against her instantly and she placed her hand on Lexa's lower back to calm her.

Bellamy came towards them, his characteristic cocky expression in play. He came to a stop in front of them, "How's my princess doing?"

Lexa wrapped her arm around Clarke's waist possessively and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. The look on Bellamy's face causing a smug smirk to characterize her expression. She pulled Clarke impossibly closer to her side. "How are you Princess?"

"I'm doing really good sexy Lexy." As soon as the words left her lips Lexa felt the heat crawl over her face. Her ears and cheeks heated up in embarrassment. Clarke laughed quietly and kissed the now burning skin of Lexa's neck.

Bellamy stood awkwardly in front of them rubbing the back of his neck and staring that ground. Lexa cleared her throat and Bellamy met her gaze.

"Where is Clarke's mother? I wish to speak with her."

Bellamy pointed to the medical bay and Lexa nodded her head slightly. She couldn't deny the nervous feeling in her stomach and the back of her throat.

Clarke sensed this and squeezed Lexa's hand reassuringly. "Come on Lexa, lets go."

They both walked off in the direction of the medical bay leaving Bellamy utterly confused at so what just happened.

They stopped in front of the door and faced each other before entering. Clarke brushed a piece of Lexa's hair behind her ear, "Don't be nervous, the big bad commander doesn't get nervous."

"Clarke-"

"Sorry, Sexy Lexy doesn't get nervous."

Lexa grabbed the side of Clarke's face and brought her into her, connecting their lips passionately. The kiss got more heated than expected surprising both of them.

Suddenly the door opened revealing Abby who's mouth hung open as she realized her daughter had the commander of the 12 clan's tongue in her mouth.

Lexa pulled away quickly, meeting Abby's eyes instantly. She extended her arm to her respectfully, "Ma'am-"

"WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!" Clarke burst out and lunged for her mother and then Lexa, holding on tightly and grinning from ear to ear.

Lexa stood frozen in embarrassment, eyes locked with Abby's as Clarke jumped up and down.

After what felt like an hour Abby smiled widely and walked towards the girls with her arms open wide. Lexa felt a tear streak down her cheek as she embraced with Abby. The three of them in a group hug all smiling and glossy eyed.

"Well holy shit!" Raven and Octavia stopped in their tracks turning to face each other and then
high-fiveing. "Way to go Commander!"

Lexa looked up from the hug and motioned for Raven and Octavia to join. They ran over happily and joined the group embrace.

Once they let go of each other Lexa stepped back and was met with Bellamy. She raised her chin slightly and waited for him to speak.

"I'm happy for you Commander, you make her happy. She deserves that." He extended his arm and so do Lexa, they grabbed each other's forearms in a display of mutual respect.

Lexa reached around to slap Bellamy's shoulder and gave him a smile before walking towards Clarke.

Clarke saw Lexa and ran towards her, jumping into her arms. Lexa caught her and spun around in circles, holding onto her tightly.

When Lexa put Clarke down she walked towards her mother. "Mom, we need to go to Polis and tell the people. I'll radio you when we get there." Clarke gave a warm smile that Abby returned.

Abby grabbed her daughter and brought her into a hug. She kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear, "I am so happy for you Clarke. She's good for you, I always knew it."

Clarke nodded and wiped a tear from her cheek and motioned for Lexa to come forward. Lexa stopped in front of Abby a nervous smile on her face.

Abby smiled widely, "Oh come here!" She extended her arms to Lexa and they embraced. Abby strengthened her grip on the commander suddenly and whispered into her ear, "Take care of her. She deserves the best, you're lucky to have her."

Lexa nodded and allowed a tear to fall down her cheek, "Yes ma'am."

——————————————————————————

Clarke and Lexa stood on a platform above their people in Polis, hand in hand. Drums rang out across the crowd and people chanted happily.

The drums silenced and the crowd quieted. Hundreds of thousands of eyes stared at them as they stood above everyone.

Lexa stepped forward and released Clarke's hand. A faint chant of "Heda" could be heard throughout the crowd. They were silenced when Lexa held up her hand. She waited for a moment before speaking.

"People of Polis, grounders and Skiakru alike. I have called you here today to announce to you something very close to my heart. The ways of the Commander have been set in stone for a long time, written in the history books for years. Today I am changing the way of our people yet again. We have known peace through these trying times because blood must not have blood. Our era of peace will continue through me as commander and through Clarke kom Skiakru. To be commander is to be alone as been our way for a long time but that changes today. Commanders will lead with their partner at their side. Clarke and I are getting married-"

A loud cheer erupted from the crowd as people threw their hands in the air happily in celebration.

Lexa couldn't help but smile as the acceptance of her people warmed her heart. She managed to quiet them by raised her hand once more.

"Love is not weakness, don't we deserve better than that?"

A loud "We do!" Erupted from the crowd.

"I love Clarke Kom Skiakru and she makes me stronger. I will lead my people alongside my partner and write new chapters in the history books of our people. To be commander is to be alone no more! Our people for generations to come will read this chapter in our history books and enjoy the peace we enjoy now!

The crowd cheered again and a soft "Heda" chant began.

"Our story will inspire love and peace to come" Lexa turned and reached out to Clarke who stepped forward also. Lexa intertwined their fingers together and rose their conjoined hands in the air, "The story of When Ground Met Sky!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 1.3K 17
There isn't much that's worse than no experience when you want to impress someone. Lexa is itching to get Costia's attention and liking and because o...
262 13 1
"So how do I address her?" Octavia gives her a weird look. "Just Clarke, of course. She's your girlfriend, remember?" In exchange for some much neede...
10.2K 392 20
The day that Lexa met Clarke, she found out about her two rules. The first, was to never fall in love. The second, was to never let anyone fall in lo...
61.4K 1.9K 19
Clarke and Lexa fanfiction because why the hell not??