Turnabout Mentor (Sebastian D...

By mgcliffordemo

Sebastian Debeste calls himself a "genius prosecutor" especially being the son of his father Blaise Debeste t... More

2. Turnabout Event
3. Turnabout Gatewater
4. Turnabout Gatewater Investigation
5. Turnabout Gatewater Investigation
6. Turnabout Gatewater Trial
7. Turnabout Gatewater Trial
8. The Prison Turnabout
9. The Prison Turnabout Trial 1
10. The Prison Turnabout Investigation

1. Turnabout Decision

452 9 0
By mgcliffordemo

1. Turnabout Decision

Sebastian Debeste

It has been 5 years after that horrible incident because of my father. It caused me a lot of pain, regret, and self-reflection, I felt betrayed and lost after all of that but I slowly regained myself as I learned under Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth's care. From a 17 year old boy I became a 22 year old man that Mr. Edgeworth had been mentoring for 5 years.

It was both fun and torture. Mr. Edgeworth brought me to all of his cases as his career continued to take off. I was by his side trying to aid assistance when it comes in court. It gave me an opportunity to learn from his perspective as a prosecutor.

"The truth will always find a way to make itself known."

"The only thing we can do is to fight with the knowledge we hold and everything we have."

Those are his words.

It's not always like that though, there were times that I'd have to roughly use my brain to think and had suffered a lot of migraines on the way.

"Sebastian, I'm aware this is going to be hard for you but this will help you widen your knowledge in vocabulary." Mr. Edgeworth spoke and handed me a small pile of books including a dictionary and 5 books.. 5 different novels to be exact. I gulped, "O-okay, Mr. Edgeworth, thank you."

"You don't have to thank me yet. There's still a lot to learn, Sebastian. This is only the beginning." He sent a glance  towards me, "I'll be watching you Sebastian." He spoke and returned to the piles of paperworks on his desk.

I stared at the books in front of me and sighed, "This is going to be harder than I taugh- thought." And opened the first book on the pile. 

Every week, Mr. Edgeworth gave me 5 books to read and whenever I encounter a word that isn't familiar to me, I'll just have to locate the meaning in the dictionary. It was helpful for me. This was a great contribution to who I am now, I am able to express myself properly and people can understand me without questioning me with my choice of words.

There are still many more that I have done under Mr. Edgeworth's teachings and those were just the beginning of my journey to become the genius prosecutor I always aimed to be but today will be diferent.

September 6 | 9:39AM
High Prosecutor's Office | Room 1202

Nervous, I knocked on the door, "Good morning, Mr. Edgeworth." I greeted my mentor as I walked in the door to his office, bumping onto one of boxes, "Nnrgh.." I hear a groan from Mr. Edgeworth. 

"Mr. Edgeworth, would you like me to help you with that?" I asked him, his head shifted to my direction. "It's fine, Sebastian. I didn't see you come in. Good morning to you, definitely not for me though." He said as he put the heavy box he was holding on top of his desk. 

"I thought Detective Gumshoe was going to help you Mr. Edgeworth?" I tilted my head as I fiddled with my fingers. 

"Apparently not." He grimaced and sighed, putting another box on his desk, stuffing books inside it. "He told me there were things he needed to take care of."

"Oh, shall I help you then? I'll start moving the boxes in the office upstairs, Mr. Edgeworth."

"It's alright Sebastian, the staff will carry them out once I finish these last two boxes."

"Alright then.."

"Stay put on the couch Sebastian, I don't want anything to be touched unless if it's time to be moved. I want my things to be organized and still intact until its arrival upstairs." My head nodded and did as told, "I can't believe you're going to be Chief Prosecutor Edgeworth!" I excitedly tell, "You really deserve it, Mr. Edgeworth." I continued, "Finished at last!" He exclaimed, sitting himself on the couch with me.

"T-thank you, Sebastian.." As he bowed, "I never knew chosing the path as a prosecutor could lead me to being the chief of this district."

"You're wonderful Mr. Edgeworth, you have solved a lot of cases, put all the criminals who deserved it in prison and set the wrongfully accused free. You earned it." I answered back with a smile. He pat my head and said, "You're not so bad yourself, Sebastian. You've been working hard all these years."

"Thank you, Mr. Edgeworth! You have taught me well." I replied, "No more compliments, Sebastian this is too much for a man like myself." I chuckled towards his words and my mouth zipped once again.

"Is something the matter?"

"D-do you think I'm ready, Mr. Edgeworth?" I uttered, "To go back to p-prosecuting...?"

Mr. Edgeworth placed his finger on his chin, "The answer is within you, Sebastian. You're the only one who can answer your question."

"I've seen you've been truly hardworking and dedicated as time flew. You had a drastic change and improvement. What more can I conclude from this?"

Well am I ready to go back?

"The decision is yours, Mr. Debeste." Mr. Edgeworth spoke and gave me a small smile, which he rarely does.

He called me "Mr. Debeste", it's been awhile that I've heard it from Mr. Edgeworth himself. The last time he called me by that when we were all investigating a case with Justine, years ago.

Mr. Edgeworth sees me as a real prosecutor now. He's one of the people who believed in me when I had thought that everything was gone. And if I'm going back to court, I'll make everything he taught me to not be in vain.

I stood up and bowed in front of Mr. Edgeworth, "Mr. Edgeworth, I will make you proud in court."

"I'm honored Sebastian and welcome back."

"Your office will be ready after all my things are out of this room.."

"Wait sir, this will be my office?" My mouth gaped open and eyes wide.

"What are your thoughts? If you don't want it, I can always locate you to a new roo-"

"No, Mr. Edgeworth! This would be fine!"

Me? Staying in Mr. Edgeworth's old office? This is a blessing from the Holy Mother herself.

"You see.. I was expecting this day would come. You've been ready for awhile now Sebastian. It's your time."

"You know me too well." I said and smiled at him.

"You've been fiddling with your thumbs ever since you came in here, you think I wouldn't notice?" He told and let out a laugh.

"Do your best, Sebastian. You are.. Simply The Best." He said and a smirk appeared on his face.

I laughed towards his inside joke that I've been doing when I was young. I bowed once again, "Thank you Mr. Edgeworth, I won't fail you."

"You won't, as long as when you've run int-"

I continued, "When you've run into a wall with no place to go, return to the basics."

Mr. Edgeworth crossed his arms and gave me a big smile, "The truth will shed you light Sebastian, make yourself proud."

I did my last curtsy and smiled, "I'll see you soon, Mr. Edgeworth. I'll be waiting for the cases you'll assign me." Mr. Edgeworth nodded, "Now run along! I have to complete this task of arranging my office."

September 6 | 10:26AM
High Prosecutor's Office | 2nd floor Hallway

"Hey pal!"

I stopped in my tracks when I heard that familiar voice, "Detective Gumshoe! You left Mr. Edgeworth all alone in there." I told him, he pouted and scratched the back of his head.

"I know, I'm going to beg Mr. Edgeworth an apology, pal."

"Your salary is in danger once again."

Detective Gumshoe suddenly smiled wide, "Not anymore pal!"

"What do you mean, Detective?"

"You can call me Chief by tomorrow."

My eyes popped out of its sockets, "C-Chief?!"

"I'll be Chief of Detective tomorrow, just like Prosecutor Edgeworth will be Chief Prosecutor, pal. I haven't told him the news yet because I was just told today!" He exclaimed, laughing.

"That's great, de- I mean, Chief!"

"I won't be handling much cases anymore.." He trailed off and pouted once again, "Isn't that supposed to be great?" I asked, arching my eyebrows. 

"I can't work with Mr. Edgeworth anymore if that happens."

"No you're not, Mr. Gumshoe! You're both Chiefs now, I bet that'll be an opportunity to make the two of you to continue working together."

His eyes glistened, "Ah! Of course." Scratching his head, "Well I better tell him now.." And he walked through the hallway, stopping in front of Mr. Edgeworth's office.

"Thanks kid, see ya around pal!"

"You're welcome!"

I took the elevator towards the ground floor of the Prosecutor's Office and headed towards the Grand Tower to retrieve what I have and talk to my old friend.

September 6 | 12:04PM
Grand Tower | P.I.C Meeting Room

"Here's your prosecutor badge back, Sebastian." And she placed my badge on my hand, "May the Goddess of Law be with you in your journey."

I stared down at the prosecutor's badge that is sitting in my hand. I've missed it and I'll be glad to wear it today, knowing that I deserve it finally. I won't dissapoint Mr. Edgeworth and myself.

I'm no idiot anymore, like my father told me. I'll show him how wrong he is for doubting me.. His own son. I'll be the best prosecutor, better than my own father will ever be.. with the truth along my side.

"Thank you, Justine for keeping this safe all these years." I smiled towards her.

"It's no trouble for me, Sebastian." She replied sitting herself on one of the committee chairs.

"So when are you going to start?" She asked with a smile, placing her gavel on the huge round table.

"Once Mr. Edgeworth leaves his old office, I'll be moving my things there."

"Wow, I didn't expect he'll be leaving his old office to you. I've heard that office has been through a lot like the prosecutor who used it. He is really a man of surprises, isn't he?"

"He is, Justine." I mumbled and chuckled towards her. 

"I'm glad the new Chief Prosecutor is Mr. Edgeworth himself. I have faith that he'll clean out the corrupt dealings under the prosecutor's office."

"Of course, Ms. Chairwoman. He will." I answered, nodding my head.

Justine Courtney became the chairwoman of the P.I.C after my father was arrested. The 11 chairpersons voted for her as the new one and might I say she handled the committee very well and but of course she still precides as a judge in court whenever her assistance is needed.

"How's the court Justine?"

"It's the same old court that you know but rather dealing with fair trials it slowly shed to be dirty." Justine answered glancing towards her gavel, "I do hope that forging evidence and corrupt dealings would be in halt. After that one incident of a defense attorney presenting forged evidence.. The law has become downhill. One big case and after another it continued. It's the dark age of the law and I believed it has grew more of a problem."

My mouth formed an "O" and placed my pointer finger on my chin, "What's going to happen now? What should we do?"

"The only thing we can do for now is become the models of truth."

"We shall restore it to its former glory, shouldn't we?" I told her and she looked back at me, "Yes, Sebastian."

"I've been thinking a lot because of all of this.. What if I had given wrong verdicts for the past years?" Justine breathed out and sighed, "I trust you, Justine. You're one of the best judges out there. You have solid and sound understanding towards a conclusion and it always lead you to fair verdicts. I've seen you, Mr. Edgeworth has and everyone else. Please don't doubt your abilities and yourself." I spoke. Justine breathed out a sigh again and flashed me her radiant smile, "Thank you, Sebastian. I feel quite better."

She continued, "You're going to be a great prosecutor, Sebastian. The Goddess of Law will finally witness you herself."

September 6 | 8:39PM
Debeste Residence| Sebastian's Room

I lay down in my bed, my head on the pillow, and the duvet hovering my body. My eyes diverted to the medals and certificates hung up on my walls. Fake and none of legality. Themis Legal Academy, one of the elite law schools for the youth, paid by my father for me to claim the awards that I never really worked hard for.

At times they were bitter to see but I never removed them because those became my motivation to prove myself even more and the next days that will be coming.. I will prove that those awards, medals, and certificates will actually become the fruit of my dedication towards my dream and the truth.

For I am Sebastian Debeste... will soon become The Best Prosecutor in this district.

---------------------------------------------------

-Steffi

Hello everyone, I have finished the Ace Attorney Trilogy, Apollo Justice, Miles Edgeworth's Investigations 1 and 2, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. Actually, this story already have been in my mind ever since I finished the last case of Investigations 2. I became so obsessed with the Ace Attorney series that I've become attatched to the characters. My favorites are Phoenix, Apollo, Miles, Nahyuta, Franziska, Simon, and Athena. But Sebastian Debeste relate to me because of his encounters as a teenager under his father and as a teenager myself I also experienced what he did. And that was my driving force to create this story.

I hope you like this one! Especially to the Ace Attorney fans.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
158K 3.6K 61
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
69.8K 3.2K 74
❤️
225K 35.1K 91
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး