Phantom ▷ b. barnes [1] ✔️

By when-they-write

❝ We are the heroes of our time, but we're dancing with the demons in our minds. ❞ In which Samantha Clarence... More

cast
epigraph
phantom
i. goodbye, brother
ii. call me sam
iii. playing soldier
iv. he's got spirit
v. agent peggy carter
vi. transferring and goodbyes
vii. don't forget me
viii. the 107th
ix. this is war
x. the battle of azzano
xi. colonel lohmer
xii. samantha, not sam
xiii. zola
xiv. escape
xv. the return
xvi. duet
xvii. a reunion of old friends
xviii. back to battle
xix. there's no saving the dead
xx. hail hydra
xxi. phantom
RACHEL SPEAKS
xxii. i promise, always
xxiii. revelations
xxiv. secrets best kept
RACHEL FREAKS
xxv. expiration date
xxvi. head over heels
xxvii. mission no.3
xxviii. the perfect team
xxix. mistakes
xxx. promise me
xxxi. legend of the phantom
RACHEL ATTEMPTS
xxxii. the danish straits
xxxiii. trap or victory
xxxiv. don't leave me
xxxv. until the end
xxxvi. leviathan
RACHEL'S EXCITED
xxxvii. years and years to go
xxxiii. vows under the christmas lights
xxxix. christmas calm
xxxx. enouement
xxxxi. ghosts of the past
xxxxii. ghostwalking
xxxxiii. in the end
author's note
update: book 2
update pt.2

epilogue

3.2K 146 33
By when-they-write

The Phantom.

If there was ever a tale that caught the attention of children after World War II, it was the tale of the Phantom. A tale, mind you. Not a piece of history.

Captain America... Now, he was a superhero story. Captain Steven Rogers was remembered in movies, comic strips, museums, and much, much more. He was a legend. A fallen hero.

Samantha Clarence was a myth.

Too few believed that a woman dared infiltrate the army ranks. No one could wrap their minds around a superhuman who could bend dimensions to her will. People dismissed the idea that once upon a time, a ghost had helped turn the tides of the war against Hydra.

No, Samantha Clarence ceased to exist the day she vanished into the night. Her team, the Howling Commandos, had been without answers. They'd mourned for her with Captain America.

During the nineteenth century, she was never seen again.

Even if rumor claimed differently.

Because a faceless ghost who traveled from nation to nation, uprooting Hydra, fighting corrupt organizations, and saving innocents from times of pain and strife, was just that. A ghost.

And ghosts didn't exist.

But when the twentieth century began its mark and the SSR became known as SHIELD, its people started to wonder. What happened to the Phantom? Where did she go? And why did the records just... end?

Samantha Clarence... she died.

She'd been dead since 1945.

But between name changes, new locations, and running from her own shadow, The Phantom's survived. Not only survived, but thrived. For quite a few years, at least.

Slowly, though, she faded off the job of 'superhero'. Especially when the last Commando fell in combat. She went quiet. A sort of sorrowful retirement, if you will.

Until 2012, when a new threat looms on the horizon. SHIELD Director Nick Fury goes searching for the legendary Phantom. Because he can use all the help he can get. And at this point... the world could use another superhero.

Even if it comes in the form of a ghost story.

BOOK TWO WILL BE RELEASED AT SOME POINT BECAUSE YOUR AUTHOR HAS NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S DOING. OR... SORT OF AN IDEA. SHE'S TRYING, SHE SWEARS.

Oh... also:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 48K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
257K 5.6K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
746K 29.3K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
851K 39.6K 169
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one