I'm The White Wolf

By shruthii

"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
EPILOGUE

Chapter 12

55.9K 2.1K 114
By shruthii

HI,

Chapter 12 is here and it is dedicated to @ vLadjEnNie23 for the cover on the side >>> Thanks Jennie :);)

****

“ When you are guilty, it is not
your sins you hate but
yourself."
Anthony de Mello, One Minute
Wisdom

TEMPLAR P.O.V

“Before going towards Tawny, that little boyfriend of yours pointed out that you are still his girlfriend. I swear Templar, he will grow up to be a heartbreaking asshole” Rett said and I smiled genuinely at the thought of Theo.

“No he will not” I stated defensively. “He is just with Tawny because he thinks keeping two girlfriends is okay.”

“Why would he think that?” Rett asked cocking an eyebrow. I furrowed my brows when I saw that and he just smirked.

Idiot!

“Theo thinks it’s okay because I married you even after I was his girlfriend” I said with a chuckle.

“But we are mates” Rett protested in confusion.

“Try telling that to a nine year old who has been calling me girlfriend ever since he was three” I imparted running a hand through my hair.

Everett and I were sitting in the shore and staring at the wide ocean ahead of us. He had finally convinced me to come out with him and I agreed. Well, actually was forced to agree because he threatened to break the door if I didn’t let him in. That wouldn’t have compelled me but the part that he had to discuss something important about the pack did.

Pack!

In my angst, I actually forgot about the pack. I cannot believe I did because the pack actually came before everything to me.

“He doesn’t understand what mates are and truth to be told he is too young to know about stuff like this. Right now, he understands the concept of girlfriend because he watches it in the movies. But I am sure when the time is right, Marissa will explain it to him” I said with a sigh.

“Until then, I have to tolerate that little bugger?” Rett questioned with a frown and I scowled at him. Rett surprised me by leaning forward and pecking my lips. It was a chaste kiss but it startled me and I gulped when Rett smiled at me.

It startled me because this was the first time we kissed after… everything. My heart started beating rapidly as I thought about it and to divert my mind, I decided to change the subject.

“What was the ‘something important related to pack’ you wanted to tell me?” I demanded refusing to make any eye contact with him. When there was no reply from Rett, I turned to face him, only to see that he was staring at the ocean.

Taking a deep breath,  he answered, “There are a lot of things but before that, I wanted to give you, your ring back.”

“My wedding ring?” I queired in awe. I had noticed that it was missing but I suspected I had lost it somewhere during the days in my life that I was missing. I felt really guilty and so I didn’t mention it to anyone. Well, that guilt just added to the list of things I feel guilty about and trust me, that list is really very long.

In those missing days, I knew I did serious damage to the packs I have been and I don’t know how I am going to forgive myself for… everything. I didn’t have the courage to look at my own reflection in the mirror. I felt that terrible about myself.

If I would have remembered what exactly I have done then I would have somehow begged for forgiveness but I don’t remember anything. Not a single thing. The last thing I remember was watching Alisha’s body. I closed my eyes shut and took in a breath as I thought about Alisha. The pack had arranged her funeral when I was missing.

“Templar” Rett called and I blinked. “What’s wrong?” Rett probed and I shook my head. I didn’t want to tell him where my thoughts had wandered.

“The ring?” I asked and he held it out. A smile of relief spread over my face as I stared at the dazzling diamond. As I held out the my hand, Rett put it back in it’s place. Afterwards, Rett studied my hand and smiled jubilantly.

“It looks perfect as always” he whispered and then placed a kiss at the back of my hand.

As I felt blush creeping up my face, I shyly pulled my hand back and cleared my throat. “Sorry about losing this” I admitted, toying with the ring.

“You didn’t lose it. Jonathan removed it, when he had to clean your hands.” Rett told me and I nodded. I knew well and good that the doctor had to clean blood from my hands.

On the other hand, hearing that I had not lost the ring was a relief of some sort.

We sat in silence for few minutes until I decided to break it. I was about to ask him about the pack when Rett stood up and started unbuttoning his pale blue shirt. My mouth dropped open as I stared at his body. But unlike other times, I had no intention of jumping over him. This time I was satisfied with admiring him. It was still too early for that. And right now, kissing Rett made me jumpy so I didn’t even want to think how long it will take me to recover from everything.

“Join me for a swim” Rett asked boldly.

“Not in the mood” I replied shaking my head. That too was a first after a long time because water always calmed me down but now, I didn’t want to step into the water. There were many reasons actually. I never go for a swim during my periods, also something inside me was telling me not to go for a swim. I think it’s my wolf but I am not exactly sure. And truth to be told, I didn’t feel like the ocean was welcoming me either. Judging by the roaring waves, it felt like it was scorning me for what happened. That really wasn’t a good feeling.

I seriously wanted to remember everything that I did which is why, I closed my eyes.

Black.

Nothing else.

There was complete darkness and nothing else. No image, nothing.

“Templar” I opened my eyes to look at Rett who was crouching beside me. “What happened?” he asked, concern clearly visible in his pacific blue eyes.

“I… I cannot recall anything that I did in that one week” I mumbled swallowing audibly. “Every time I try… but nothing” I said pressing my index finger on my temple. “I want to know what I did but I cannot… I cannot” I said hopelessly.

“Hey” Rett said quietly, cupping my face in his large hands and compelling me to look at him. “It’s alright” Rett soothed and I shook my head.

“Not alright. Not alright at all. I… I want to know what happened. I want to know everything. I just cannot live like this in darkness. It’s making me hate myself. And I feel like everyone around me are scorning me too” I admitted nervously.

“I might have hurt so many wolves. What will they think of me?” I added with a gulp. Closing my eyes, I tried to throw that thought out of my head. Right now, wasn’t the time to think about that. Right now, I wanted to know what I did in that one missing week of my life.

As I looked at Rett, I found him lost in thoughts. Then suddenly, something flashed in his eyes before he looked back and said, “The Goddess.” I blinked not understanding what he said. “Only the Goddess can help you in this. You can recall any event connecting to your life with her help.” He said and then holding my arms he forced me to stand up. “If it’s bothering you, then I think you must learn the truth. The only way that can be possible is through meditating.” Rett pointed out.

“Meditation?" I squeaked and stared at the ocean. I don’t know if it was my imagination but the waves rose exceedingly high and I took a step back in fear. Rett immediately held my hands before I could lose balance.

I swear, the ocean was scorning me. It wasn’t my imagination.

However, I decided not to let that dissuade me.

I wanted to know the truth and it was possible only this way.

Taking a deep breath, I took a step forward as Rett loosened the hold he had on my arms. As I slowly marched towards the ocean, a breeze fanned my face. A smile of happiness appeared on my face as I stared at the ocean.

This time I felt like the ocean was welcoming me with open arms. Just as I was about to step into the water, someone called Everett.

Pausing, I whirled round to face January running towards Everett. Blinking in confusion, I rushed towards them.

“Reece is here” I heard Jan informing Everett and I furrowed my brows.

Reece?

The name sounded familiar but I couldn’t put a face to that name.

Rett stiffened and clenched his fists tightly. A murderous growl emanated from his throat. Taken aback by his reaction, I stared at him in bewilderment. “What the fuck is he doing here?” Rett asked angrily.

“I don’t know” Jan said staring at me in worry. “The guards haven’t let him come in” she told him. “You need to go there now” she adjoined quickly.

“Who is Reece?” I questioned Jan.

“Alpha of BlueBells pack” she replied and my eyes widened as I finally realized who he is. The notorious Alpha in the country and I personally think he doesn’t deserve to be an Alpha.

“What is he doing here?” I asked curiously. I desperately wanted to know why that womanizer was visiting my pack.

“You had gone through his territory” Rett replied quietly and I inhaled sharply.

“What?” I asked in outrage. “I passed through his territory. Why didn’t anyone tell me this before?” I demanded. They had mentioned some packs name but they didn’t mention BlueBells at all.

“I told Rett not to, because I didn’t want to worry you” Jan announced guiltily.

“I don’t want him in my territory” I said shaking my head in frustration.

“He is not welcome here” Rett said agreeing with me. “After what he said… he will definitely not be welcome here.” Rett added with a furious growl.

“What did he say?” I queried. I wanted to know why Rett disliked Reece. I hated that wolf because he had no respect for woman. He thinks we are just things he could play and discard as and when he wishes. Such people didn’t receive a single ounce of my respect.

“I will tell you some other time” Rett said gently placing his hand over mine. “Right now, I have to make sure that dog doesn’t step into my land. You girls go to home and stay there until I come.” With that instruction, Rett ran away.

I frowned at his retreating figure. Did he really think I will stay inside the house when that womanizer was near my pack? I also mused whether this was the "something important" about the pack that Rett wanted to talk about.

“Tem, Come on. Let’s go home” Jan said holding my hand.

Gaping, I stared at her for a whole minute before asking, “Since when did you start agreeing with Rett?”

Jan flushed and I crossed my arms across my chest. Seriously, what is happening? What has happened in that one week?

“Just this once… I have to agree with him” Jan said cautiously.

“Well I won’t” I declared and then raced after Rett. However, my speed was very slow and it felt like I was running like any other human.

When I finally reached the pack territory, I was panting like a dog. My wolf seriously needed to recover soon.

Everett was standing there along with Keith, Cam, Terence and some fighters. All had their back to me and judging by their posture all looked tensed and ready to fight.

Holding a trunk of a tree for support, I stood straight and started taking deep breaths to calm my rapidly beating heart. January, who had already reached before me, rushed to my side and gently rubbed my back.

“You okay?” she asked in worry.

“Why does everyone keep asking me that when they know I am not okay” I replied gloomily.

“Sorry” Jan apologized. I brushed it off with a smile and then looked ahead.

They were arguing. I was sure about that because they were growling loudly every second. I couldn’t see Reece but I did see his pack members, who looked… embarrassed. My eyes widened when I saw Terence taking a threatening step. At the same time January growled and I looked at her in confusion. “He is talking bad about me” she said through gritted teeth.

My fists clenched and I walked ahead. How dare he talk bad about my friend?

As I walked ahead, my eyes finally settled on Reece. He was handsome, something I didn’t expect. But then I wasn’t really surprised either because it partly explained why he was so full of himself.

When my eyes clashed against his hazel ones, Reece stopped talking. His lips parted before joining again to form a smirk. A sinful smirk.

“Hello Templar” he addressed me and every single head turned to look at me.

Having so many eyes on me was nerve-racking and so I blinked and looked away. In a flash, Everett was standing right in front of me. “I think I told you to go home” he hissed and I winced as he enclosed his fingers around my arms. Rett soon let go of my arm and took a step back. “Go home Templar. I will deal with this” he said softly.

“Why is he here?” I asked craning my neck to look at Reece, from behind Rett’s shoulder. I lowered myself as I found Reece looking at me and smirking. “I want him out of here.”

“It will happen. But first you need-”

“It’s customary to introduce an Alpha to pack members” Reece remarked cutting Rett off. Rett closed his eyes and muttered a curse before turning to face Reece.

“I introduce my mate to only those who I think are worthy of her attention” Rett said with a possessive growl. Holding my arms, he pushed me behind him so that I was covered. “And you don’t fall in that category. So, please….” Rett trailed off.

“Do you agree with him Templar?” I heard Reece asking me and I gnashed my teeth. But I was staring at Reece. I was trying to remember whether I had seen him before. However my mind was blank. I don’t remember meeting him before at all because I wasn’t in control when I met him.

Stepping forward, I stood beside Rett and finally had a good look at everyone standing there. My pack members spread apart and I stared at Reece’s pack members.

As soon as my eyes met theirs, they surprised me by lowering their head in respect. I blinked, startled by that honor, while Reece growled at his pack members. As soon as Reece growled, his pack members looked up and apologized to him.

Taking a deep breath, Reece turned to me with a smile. “Templar Wayne, isn’t it?” Reece queried as I took a step forward.

Everett growled at the sound of my maiden name. “Templar Green” I corrected taking another step ahead. “What brings Burdock Scion to my pack?”

“Your beauty” Reece answered without missing a beat and I stiffened. There were growls from everyone and very soon, Rett wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed me closer to himself. “I have to say that you look more beautiful then you did that day. Your flawless face which was smeared with blood, hid your natural beauty” he said slowly making his way towards me. I flinched when he mentioned about my face being covered with blood.

“I have brought something for you” Reece said and I looked at him questioningly. He snapped his fingers and two wolves from his pack stepped forward. I frowned as I noticed the way he treated his pack members. For heaven’s sake, they were not his slave.

“Open the lid” Reece commanded. It was then I noticed a jewel-box in their hands. As they opened the lid, I found myself staring at dazzling diamond necklaces with matching earrings. The white glitter of the diamond was brighter than the sun. “These are for you” Reece said pointing at the diamonds.

Behind me I heard Everett growling murderously and taking a step forward. But I held his arm to stop him. When Rett turned to frown at me, I diverted my gaze to Reece.

“And what do you expect me to do with these?” I asked in disbelief.

“You wear it and look gorgeous” Reece replied wryly.

“Stay the fuck away from her you bastard. She is mine” Everett roared striding towards Reece and punching him in the face.

“Keith” I shouted. “Stop him.” Keith stared at me in incredulity, before nodding and holding Rett back along with Cam.

Taking a deep breath, I first addressed the people holding the jewelry case. “Please close the lid, the diamonds are blinding my vision” I said shuddering and they happily agreed. Behind me, I heard Jan cackling.

Then, I turned to look at Reece. “Now that you have revealed the purpose of your visit, which I am not at all interested in, I politely ask you to leave my pack along with your wolves because you are not welcome here.” I said giving him my best fake smile.

“I suspected you wouldn’t be interested in diamonds, so I brought something else” Reece said and I gritted my teeth in frustration.

“Let Rett throw him out” Terence muttered from beside me.

At another snap of his fingers, two more wolves stepped forward with box of what I thought were branded bags.

That was it!

“Alpha Burdock” I called through gritted teeth. “This is me asking you politely for the last time to leave. My. Pack. Next time, my mate will ensure it happens” I spat furiously. At that very moment, Rett bared his fangs.

“Alright” Reece said sighing deeply and I furrowed my brows. That easily? I really thought Rett had to kick him out.

“But before I go…” here we go, “I am specially inviting y-”

“No thanks” Rett barked cutting Reece off. “She is declining your invitation.”

However Reece continued as if he wasn’t disturbed by Rett, “I am inviting you for an overnight visit to my pack. Having you in the pack would be an honor for my pack. Also, I promise that your each and every request will be fulfilled, all the time.”

This wolf, really doesn’t know when to stop. Sighing, I spoke, “As tempting as that offer sounds…” I said sarcastically, which vanished Reece’s smirk, “…I will take a pass.”

My cheeks were hurting from the fake smile I kept plastered on my face for the past ten minutes.

“You heard her” Cam spat.

“Now leave” Rett dictated exasperatedly.

Reece shook his head and looked at me, with what I suspect was his expression of mock sympathy. “You should not have declined me or my more than generous  offer” Reece launched seriously.

“And why is that so?” I asked interestedly.

“Because now, I will be forced to inform the Sorority of the damage you did to my pack.” Immediately everyone stiffened along with me. At the mention of Sorority, I paled and gulped. When Reece took notice of that, he grinned widely and waving, he marched towards his car, with his pack members following closely behind.

Sorority?

Sorority, was an association of wolves, mostly older ones. It was formed almost hundred years ago by a group of elderly wolves who wanted to maintain peace and calm among our kind. It was formed by wolves, who didn’t want to stay under the command of a younger Alpha. Mostly, only elderly wolves were the members of the society.

The Sorority building, located in the SilverStar pack was like a court for us wolves. Three members were elected as judges, who would punish our kind as well as provide justice. However, this was true during the time it got formed.

Now Sorority is not given any respect even though, it exists. However that didn’t stop wolves from going to the Sorority building seeking protection.

What scared me most at the mention of the Sorority was that, once any case is brought to the notice of Sorority, it will not be unheeded. Even if it takes years, they will find out the truth and try their best to provide justice. But the worst part, justice isn’t always served.

When a case involves, two packs, then almost all the pack members are asked to come to the Sorority building. When something so big happens, every Alpha in the country is invited so they can give opinion and support whichever pack they wish, if in case a war is declared. Interested Alpha’s do come.

In my case, I knew Reece would convince the Alpha’s of the pack which I crossed, to complain against me and then I will be forced to go to Sorority. If I had doubt about others not knowing I am a White Wolf, it will vanish the moment Sorority invites other Alpha’s because I am sure every single Alpha is interested in watching the ‘White Wolf.’

I whined softly as Rett wrapped his arms around me.

“We will get over this” he swore as I rested my face against his chest.

“You don’t have to go Templar, I can go in your place” Keith professed and I shook my head. He had done it when the Sorority had called us after Igor was defeated. Keith had managed to deceive them and I am sure now they are painfully aware of that cruel deception.

“I doubt you can” Jan stated the obvious. “I am sure the Sorority has already heard about the White Wolf and is desperate to meet her.”

Personally, I had no respect for Sorority and the reason goes back to almost seven years ago. As I took over the Alpha, Keith begged me not to go to Sorority after they invited the Alpha. He said Sorority didn’t deserve to know about my existence and at the time, I agreed.

But even then, I went with Keith when they called for the new Alpha. There Keith was taunted because he caused the death of many wolves- that is the rogues who used to torture WaterWave pack wolves.

When I pointed it was unfair, the Sorority head, Mr. Louis Gibb, snapped at me and asked me to pay a hefty fine for disrespecting him. Undaunted, I argued and pointed out about how he and his buddies ignored Myron’s request to help WaterWave Pack. In return, the Sorority had commanded pack wolves to not help any of us when we went searching for the statue pieces.

Controlling my wolf had been the toughest job that day.

So far, I have managed well in avoiding Sorority’s attention but now that seemed impossible.

“Gibb will have an attack when he realizes you are the WhiteWolf” Cam said with a chuckle. However, I was far from amused because I knew Gibb would make sure I was caged and tortured.

“Who the fuck cares about that stupid association” Rett said angrily. “None of us will go” he declared and everyone but me agreed.

“I am going” I said quietly and everyone frowned.

“Why?” Jan asked confusedly.

Guilt was eating me up and I knew I had to face the punishment for all my sins.

Instead of replying, I turned and marched towards the house, painfully aware of my pounding head.

****

Hope you liked it :)

Next update on 17th.

Please vote, comment and follow.

Love :-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 1.4K 44
My dream continued the one I'd been having for the past couple of nights. I ran, gasping for breath, through the familiar woods from a dark figure be...
6K 242 24
"Can you shift?" His voice was notably softer. I was grateful for it. As best as I could, I shook my head. The lingering dizziness rang through my he...
52.1K 1.7K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...
1.2M 46.8K 31
Book 4 of The Alpha Series! Cannot be read as a standalone book! Highest rank: #1 in Werewolf genre on 06/11/2019! Amelia Reid and Ivan Romanov were...