The Darkness Surrounding

By JasFlower146

Eleanor lived a harsh life in the castle. Her parents and siblings despised her for reasons she couldn't unde... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2 : Revelation

Chapter 3 : Outside the Castle Walls

1 0 0
By JasFlower146

'Be brave enough to let go where you can't win'

I eventually stopped crying, then picked up the left of my luggage and went to the Main Entrance. When I arrived, I saw their majesties and of course the man, whom I still do not know what his name is. I could tell that the Queen was still furious, but she was hiding it with a stoic face, while the king was expressionless. I then looked at the man who was smiling in a creepy way. From it, I felt unwelcoming shivers up and down my body. I bowed to their Majesties and gave the man's coachman my bag to put in the carriage. This is it. This is really happening!

I bid a short empty farewell to their Majesties and started to head towards the carriage along with the man. The coachman opened the door. You would think a gentleman would wait for the woman to enter first; well I would have to look somewhere else 'for he is no gentleman. After he entered, I went in and sat as far away from him as I could. I heard him command the coachmen to start the journey, but I decided to try to tune him out for the remaining of the ride. I looked out the small window and said my last goodbyes to the only place I have ever known.

The ride was quiet, timid and full of boredom, well for me it was. Oh dear God, help me now. I decided to look outside the window to pass the time. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed he was fidgeting and edging closer to me. My body automatically responded by edging away as far as I could in the roomy carriage. I sat stiff and timid while thinking, please do not do anything. It looked like he noticed my discomfort because he responded with...

"Ah, do not worry my dear, I do not bite" while smiling a toothful smile as he tried to hold my cold, shivering hand.

"Of course sir" I started saying as I edged again away slightly." But I just am not comfortable yet, and would be appreciative if you can respect my boundaries for now". I voiced my discomfort in a monotone tone while looking straight ahead.

"But if you are to be my wife, you would have to return my affection, am I right?" He questioned; I could tell he was getting annoyed. Not again...

"Of course, when we are to be married" I answered, again looking straight ahead.

"You do know you are my property now, do you? And I command you to look at me." I did as he requested to look at him.

"No, I am to be your partner, not a property, sir" I corrected.

"Listen here girl" He started saying as he looked to be restraining himself from lashing out."You are mine now and their majesties allowed me to do what I please with you, princess or not".

I raised my head in dignity and looked at him," Right now, I am above your status so this behavior towards me is unacceptable. I do not care what you think of yourself. I am the superior here and I demand respect" I said in a strong voice.

"Why you!" He looked to want to say something but then composed himself," I would advise you to watch that tongue of yours," He spat every threat.

"And I advise you to show me respect before I request an audience with the court, I am after all still the princess" I retaliated.

He looked at me with rage and moved away. Thank god!

"You will regret it, just you wait" He ended the conversation.

I will not let him do anything to me!

The rest of the ride was gravely silent. I sat admiring the scenery like before, the beautiful scenery of flowers and endless rows of trees that were free to bloom and blossom while the animals were free to roam. But everything has its dark side, and I would soon face them all...

As time seemed to drag on, the carriage started to slow down, and I assumed it meant that we have arrived. I looked out the window and admired the mansion I would be confined in. It was beautiful, cannot say the same about its owner.

"Gorgeous is it not?" he asked smiling creepily again at me.

"Yes, it is sir" I replied. But that is the only thing working for you.

The carriage came to a halt and the coachman came to the door and opened it. The man got off and I soon followed. Then, we started to make our way towards the large mansion, where there were servants, about twenty, all lined up from youngest to oldest. The atrocity! There were children working here? As I looked at them more and observed, the more I could not believe. Their faces were distraught, tired, body skinny from fatigue and clothes shredded in many places." Oh dear, who did this to them? Was it this man? The more I closely looked; I could faintly see scars, scabs, and bruises all over their exposed skin. This is insane! I then looked at the end of the line and saw two well-dressed beautiful women alongside them two children, a girl and a boy no older than ten, who were also well-dressed. Although do not be fooled, because their faces were also filled with sadness and pain.

"An introduction seems to be required" He started." Princess Eleanor these are my servants. Servants this is my new wife to be, Princess Eleanor of Aleria."

Ah, I can see the reason he is marrying me, for the title of course, but servants? More like slaves..

They all bowed not by choice but by fear. As they rose, I could see pitiful glances thrown towards me, telling me to run away as soon as possible. Trust me, If could, I would. I then looked at the two women with a questioning look.

"Ah, I see you have taken interest in them" He was quick to notice. "They are the wives and those are their children," He said, disgust evident on his face.

"Do their majesties know? And why was I not informed earlier?" I asked.

"Careful, I do not like women with many thoughts and questions. And you have no business in snooping in my business, do you understand? He advised threat like.

"It does when it concerns me" I retorted.

"I suggest you quit this childish behavior before I do something to you. And I want to make something clear. You are going to work and be treated like them, no exceptions. Do you understand? "He said in a harsh mumble tone as he leaned to whisper in my ear.

"Crystal, sir" I replied while glaring at him. This chauvinist!

I then looked at the people standing in front of me and smiled.

"It is lovely to meet you all, I hope we can be great friends," I said boldly. I heard him scuff. As I looked at them I vowed to myself, I do myself to uplift their spirits. Knowing I will not be able to help them even more, at least I want to be able to make them smile...

"They are to attend to your need and guide you until I am to decide what you are to do as housework". "I am looking forward to it," I said projecting the best fake smile I could muster.

I could tell he was shocked by my behavior, but that went away as soon as it came. He cleared his throat," I go to my office and shall not be disturbed, understood" He told everyone.

"Yes sir" They all replied.

Good riddance! I joyed. I then turned towards them and said" Hello everyone, it is nice to meet you all" I started to say, "I know I should not be asking this but, are you all alright?"

"You do not need to worry yourself, your highness, we are accepting of our situations." One of the well-dressed women answered. She was gorgeous with her soot-colored hair that was put in a tight braid and pale skin.

"Who treats you like this? Is it him?" I inquired.

"We cannot speak lowly of his lordship. Please do not worry about us; it has been like this for years now." She answered me. It looked like that is all I will get as an answer.

"I am truly sorry..."

"'tis nothing you should be sorry for, but we thank you for your concern," she said.

"I think introductions are required, I will start, my name is Eleanor no that highness nonsense, alright?"

"But we are not worth telling you our names, you can address us as servants like his lordship," She said while she lowered her head.

"I think you all are, please address me as Eleanor" I persisted.

She sighed then nodded, "As you wish, Eh, Eleanor".

Slowly one by one introduced themselves to me. The two women's names were Amelia and Genevieve. Amelia was the one answering me, while Genevieve was the other woman standing beside her. She also was very beautiful with her golden locks and tan skin.

They then took me to my room and helped me settle in. I made small talk with most of the staff and they were one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I learned that the youngest was only seven years old and the oldest was sixty years old. They are all each other's only family since most of their family died from famine. The more I talked with them; I came to know of the many problems their majesties have caused. They had been stripping many rights from the common people making them poor and giving these rights to the aristocrats, thus resulting in slavery and abuse. Some working here came seeking a job to have a good paying income while others were bought in the markets that sell these people for money. That I thought was cruel, no one deserved this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1.7K 17
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
54K 4.1K 52
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...
46K 4.6K 96
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...