Beatles Oneshots

By chloe_coolio9

Inspired by @GorgingGeorge and @MissMaccaSunshine this series is a bunch of oneshots about the Beatles, be it... More

(Fat Beatles) Trip to DisneyLand
(Beatlettes) Period Syncs (Part 1)
(Beatlettes) Period Syncs (Part 2)
(Fat Beatles) Isle of Wight 1970
(Fat Beatles) A Night at the Museum
(Beatlettes) Shopping Sprees
(Beatlettes) Sleeping Beauty Ballet (Part 1)
(Beatlettes) Sleeping Beauty Ballet (Part 2)
(Beatlettes) Sleeping Beauty Ballet (Part 3)
(Beatlettes) Sleeping Beauty Ballet (Part 4)
(Fat Beatles) Balloon SuperBeatles
(Beatlettes) 3 Clowns and A Valentine
(Fat Beatles) The Origins of the Balloon SuperBeatles
(Beatlettes) Kawaii Hawaii
(Beatlettes) Girls' Night In
(Fat Beatles) Trouble on the Range (Part 1)
(Fat Beatles) Trouble On the Range (Part 2)
(Fat Beatles) Trouble On the Range (Part 3)
(Fat Beatles) Sumos, Sensei Dragons and A Samurai
(Beatlettes) Penguin Charmers
(Fat Beatles) Parisian Pastry Perils
(Beatlettes) Safari Sweetness
(Fat Beatles) Flirting in Miami Beach
(Fat Beatles) Willy Wonka's World
ANNOUNCEMENT- UPCOMING NEW VERSIONS OF THE BEATLES
(Modern Day Beatles) Beef at Coachella
(Fat Beatles) Fighting Diet Culture
(Fat Beatles) Dragon Hamsterball
(Fat Beatles) Triple Date Buffet
(Fat Beatles) Two Hurrahs for Linda
(Fat Beatles) Buffet at the High School Gala
Interview with the Beatles
(Fat Beatles) Sail Ahoy!
(Fat Beatles) Spa Day
(Fat Beatles) Finnegan Fats vs Wiggly Workout
Sights from the London Eye
Meet the Beatlettes

(Fat Beatles) Dinner with the Everly Brothers

70 3 0
By chloe_coolio9

The Beatles were excited one Friday night in 1964, as they were in Texas for a holiday when the Everly Brothers came to town. The Everly Brothers were one of the Beatles' greatest influences; John and Paul have toyed around with their harmonies to match the Everlys' in their songs. So when word got around that the Everlys were performing a gig in Texas that night, the Beatles enthusiastically got ready to see their idols.

"OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GET TO MEET THE EVERLY BROTHERS!" George and Paul gushed giddily.

"I just bought one of their records, and I want to get it signed!" Ringo chirped.

"Better yet, I WANNA MEET THEM BACKSTAGE!" John exclaimed. And the four lads from Liverpool had a serious fanboy moment in their Texas cottage resort before heading out to the concert.

Soon they were in Stone Valley Texas Music Park, where the Everly Brothers were performing their gig. They performed some of their major hits, including Wake Up Little Susie, Cathy's Clown and  All I Have to Do is Dream. The Beatles were singing to the top of their lungs to the songs along with the other fans in the audience, but nothing quite beat the joy they felt when the Everlys announced that they would be performing a cover of the Beatles' music. The older brother, Don Everly announced:

"Thank you! We'd like to cover this next song by the Beatles from England, they've made it big here you know? This song is called All My Loving!" At that, the Beatles were whooping and cheering in the audience, as they just couldn't believe that their idols were covering their song.

"THEY'RE COVERING OUR SONG! THINGS REALLY DON'T GET BETTER THAN THIS!!" Paul squealed with delight. 

"Ok calm down, Macca. You don't want to drown out the song!" soothed John, also trying to contain his excitement over his musical idols covering his band's music.

The Everly Brothers soon started the song in their sublime harmonies, singing:

'Close your eyes, and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you. Remember I'll always be true.."

While this was going on, the Beatles were all singing in perfect unison with the Everlys, even Ringo, as he's also really excited about seeing the Everlys live and singing the band's music. When the song ended, the Beatles cheered the absolute loudest, as though they just reached heaven, so loud that the Everlys saw them from amongst the audience! At this, the younger brother Phil motioned for one of the guards to go tell the boys something. Within minutes, the guard called John to him and whispered something into his ear. After that, a very excited John giddily tiptoed back to his friends and shout-whispered to them:

"THE EVERLYS WANT TO MEET US BACKSTAGE!!"

"OMG!! SOMEBODY PINCH ME!" George exclaimed. To prove this wasn't a dream, Paul pinched him gently by the ear, and as soon as George found that it was real, he was cheering along with the others.

Soon the guard called out to the Beatles and led them backstage, where the Everly Brothers were waiting. 

"Oh my gosh. It's really you! I've wanted to meet you two for years!" Paul and John rambled, clearly starstruck by the sight of their idols.

"Hello Don and Phil, I'm a big fan, may I please have your autograph?" Ringo asked, presenting his recently bought A Date with The Everly Brothers album. The Brothers happily obliged.

"It's always amazing to meet our fans, and we're pretty impressed with how you lads did on the Ed Sullivan show not too long ago!"

"You mean.. you watched it too?" George asked rather coyly. 

"Of course! It was the hottest thing on TV, and your music made the girls scream in a way that ours don't, and we love how you guys make all of your own music!"

"Aww thank you!" John and Paul fawned.

"Really, it's a pleasure. Do you lads want to hang out somewhere for a chat? We've got nothing on for the rest of the day. We know this restaurant with the most amazing beer and food.."

"DID YOU JUST SAY FOOD?! I'M IN!!" George exclaimed all of a sudden.

"Haha, I guess someone's hungry!" Don laughed. "Anyone else?"

Of course, the other 3 Beatles were not going to pass up an opportunity to hang out with their idols, so they all followed the Everlys close behind.

After a 2 minute drive from the Everly's chauffeur, they all arrived at Molly's Pub, which was renowned for its beers and hot dogs. After having ordered 12 large hot dogs, 2 giant pepperoni pizzas, 6 baskets of hot chips and 6 glasses of beer, the Everlys and Beatles all sat outside in an alfresco style dining as they discussed their musical careers and current goals, even including a potential collaboration in the future.

"Don, have you and Phil ever been asked to star in a movie before? And if not, do you want to?"

"Oh, we never have unfortunately," Phil answered. "But if we were to, I would love to be part of a musical romance."

"I'd love to be an action star if I were to be part of a movie, how about you lads?"

"Well," Paul answered. "We starred in A Hard Day's Night, which is this flick that showcases Beatlemania in the U.K.; not a documentary, but is somewhere along those lines."

"That's interesting," the brothers answered. "Touring is one of our favorite parts of  our careers as we get to see our fans from all around the world, and we get exposure to other places, how do you lads feel about touring?"

"Well, aside from the screaming fans everywhere we go, we love meeting various figures, such as the president and the queen." George and John simultaneously answered.

"You've gotta learn to appreciate the fans though, they love you."

"That's true, thanks for the advice fellas." Ringo answered.

Soon the food arrived, and the 6 men ate hungrily.

"So, ever had anyone collaborate with you on an album?" John asked as he took a bite out of his comically big pizza slice.

"Um, we have had people like Roy Orbison write music with us," the brothers answered while enjoying some hot dogs. "Though no one has ever sang with us on an album. How about you guys?"

"Well, under our manager Brian, we've been unfortunately pretty exclusive with our music, with maybe a few covers here and there." George said, sipping his beer.

"We could negotiate with him in letting us collaborate with you guys though," Paul chirped, stuffing a pizza slice into his mouth.

"That is, if you guys are open to it?" Ringo concluded while enjoying a chip.

"That would be amazing, we'd love to work with you guys. To working together!" And the 6 men toasted their glasses and happily enjoyed the food.

However it wasn't too long before they were all drunk and fattened up by the beer and the food. It has gotten to an extent where the Beatles AND the Everlys were all drunkenly singing each other's songs and taking the mickey out of each other's appearances in between breaks.

"All I have to do, is EATTTT.."

"It's been a hard day's night, and you've been eating like a dog.."

"Bye bye Love! Bye bye fried chicken!"

"Twist and fart! Twist and fart!"

"Here he coooommmes, it's Paulie's butt.."

"Close your eyes, and I'll eat you..."

At that last lyric, all 6 of them were guffawing over how they were all slurring and making really silly lyrics while drunk.

"OMG 'and I'll eat you..' HAHA" George laughed. "I don't think we've ever taken ourselves less seriously right lads?"

The remaining 3 Beatles were far too stoned to answer properly, and were still laughing their heads off over the drunken "All My Loving" and "Twist and Shout" lyrics.

The Everlys were also roaring with laughter, when their chauffeur gave them a tap on their shoulder, signalling that it was time to go. 

"Well, that's our curfew. It was so good meeting you Beatles, and I hope to see you lads again soon!"

"Thank you so much for taking the time to meet us, and we'd love to one day collaborate with you on our next album!" 

With that the Beatles and the Everly Brothers shared a hug goodbye before the brothers left. The Beatles, highly satisfied with the turnout of their meet and greet, rolled their way back to their cottage resort. It was a day they'll never forget for a long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 1K 67
So this basically a book in which I post lyrics of some songs I'm obsessed with and some which are requested by other users. Updates regularly . ;)...
13.6K 723 27
Something for all Beatles fans to relate to! Read for yourself the struggles, activities, and confessions of a Beatles fangirl! (New chapters every w...
300K 6.2K 40
[No longer updating] Due to this story no longer being updated or edited, you're sure to run into mistakes I wrote in and forgot to check or fix for...
67.3K 677 100
For all the Beatlemania out there! Started: September 4, 2016 Ended: April 27, 2022