catgirl ! broken (nightwing)

By lucyluhvs

book 1 out of 3 in my main catgirl series ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── summary: Ca... More

«intro»
«playlist»
«prologue»
«chapter one: a dangerous game»
«chapter two: an old enemy»
«chapter three: unexpected run-ins»
«chapter four: brotherly bonding»
«chapter five: new sparring partners»
«chapter six: missing information»
«chapter seven: aye-aye captain»
«chapter eight: making it work»
«chapter nine: two cats in one place»
«chapter ten: the calm before the storm»
«chapter eleven: rogue»
«chapter twelve: returning nightmares»
«chapter thirteen: representing»
«chapter fourteen: therapy»
«chapter fifteen: an old friend»
«chapter sixteen: dancing with a stranger»
«chapter seventeen: surprising connection»
«chapter eighteen: coming clean»
«chapter nineteen: there was some doubt»
«chapter twenty: a new ally»
«chapter twenty-one: alfred saves the day»
«chapter twenty-two: husband and wife»
«chapter twenty-three: walking a thin line»
«chapter twenty-four: joining the circus»
«chapter twenty-five: a necessary risk»
«chapter twenty-six: the truth comes out»
«chapter twenty-seven: a cold bus ride»
«chapter twenty-eight: rogue returns»
«chapter twenty-nine: Broken»
«chapter thirty: nightmares and late-night talks»
«chapter thirty-one: where it all started»
«chapter thirty-two: an unexpected visitor»
«chapter thirty-three: facing the demon»
«chapter thirty-four: rescuing the team»
«chapter thirty-five: pushing people's buttons»
«chapter thirty-six: finding out the truth»
«chapter thirty-seven: a complicated situation»
«chapter thirty-eight: holding a grudge»
«chapter thirty-nine: wally's plan»
«chapter forty: a dance battle»
«epilogue»
SEQUEL IS OUT
QUESTION AND ANSWER
Please read even if you havent read all
I did enter the Wattys
*Important*

SURPRISE

4.3K 103 90
By lucyluhvs

DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT READ THE OTHER BOOK IT WILL HAVE SPOILERS

So, a lot of people voted and the winner isssss...

ALL OF THEM. SURPRISE!!!!!! I love you all enough to give you all what you guys wanted😂😂

One-shot:

<Brooke's>

A smile makes its way into my face as I reread the text from Dick.

BluesClues💙: Now that everything is over, can I take you on an actual date?

Sure there is a small sense of worry in the back of my head, but then I force myself to breathe because it's over.

It is actually over. Me sparing Ra's al Ghul means that the demon head cannot harm me in anyway or my family, which means he is basically useless in the Light. Serves him right.

Just thinking about it makes me body ache, a deep throbbing in the recesses of my mind coming to the surface like a bubble of air reaching to break free in a reckless wave of water.

I shut my eyes tightly and grip my knees for support as I slowly breathe in and out.

It's over. It's all over.

~<~>~<~>~

"Not that I am completely opposed to eating dinner in an alleyway, but why are we in an alleyway?" I question as Tim and Damian drag me on.

"Because Grayson has a thing for heights." Damian grumbles unhappily. My guess is he was roped into having to help with this.

Tim probably was too, but he doesn't show it. Instead, he glares at Damian and says, "You could act like you care, Demon Spawn. It was your grandfather that put her through crap."

"Grandfather knows how to breed perfect assassins. It just so happened that Brooke needed more persuasion than others." He bites back, but I know he doesn't mean it.

He doesn't think what his grandfather did was right. I know because he has told me and apologized for it. He probably will never admit it to anyone else though.

Tim opens his mouth to defend me, but I just put my hand on his shoulder and shake my head, telling him not to start a fill blown argument over something like that.

I can't say it didn't sting, but I'm not going to let any thoughts of any bit of my past ruin my potential of this night.

A shiver passes through my body as the wind picks up.

"Alright, you ready?" Tim says, causing me to look at him, my eyebrows drawing together.

"What?"

"I'm taking you from here." A very familiar voice breaks through, drawing a small smile on my face.

"Well, I would hope so." I quip, my hand slipping into his. "You are my date after all."

He chuckles, causing Damian to glare in annoyance. "You both are incredibly disgusting."

"You are just upset no one loves you, Demon Spawn." Tim snarks our, causing Damian to turn red with anger.

"Look who is-"

"Alright, alright, break it up you two and go home." I order, immediately getting three sets of eyes drawn to me.

Tim turns almost immediately, Damian muttering things u see his breath before he follows the older boy wonder.

"Ok, how are we-"

"Hold on!" Dick says, wrapping his arm tightly around my waist before shooting his grappling hook.

I quickly hold on as we are thrown into the air, and I probably would have killed him if I didn't do this every night myself.

The wind wipes my hair in every direction possible as we pick up speed before he finally stops on one of the tallest buildings in Gotham: Wayne Enterprises.

I let out a breathless laugh before looking up at him, "I forgot how amazing that was."

He smiles down at me, and for a moment I swear I forget everything that happened to me, to us. And it's just us.

Just two people who hated each other with every inch and fiber of their bodies, but slowly came to realize that the line between love and hate, just like the line between good and bad, is blurred.

And now I'm not even sure I was ever truly on one side or the other. Not until now.

"As far as redo dates go, this is really good." I say slowly, my eyes finding his.

His boyish grin widens even more before he grabs my waist and pulls me closer, the act still sending my stomach into a frizzy like the first first time he ever did.

"I think it's a very very good date." He says before looking around. "No one can interrupt, there aren't any bad guys that can randomly crash through our candle-lit dinner." His other hand takes mine and holds it tightly. "And no stupid assassins trying to kill you. Unless they want to be thrown off of a building."

My smile flatters slightly and I let go of him, walking to the edge of the building to look out over the city.

He follows my movements closely as he slowly comes to join me.

"From this angle Gotham looks beautiful and innocent." I mutter, my mind being pulled back into the nightmares I have somehow survived. "Almost as if there isn't a robbery, or someone being jumped in at least five alleys right now."

"Tim and Damian will have that fixed in a few minutes." He says slowly wrapping his arms around me, pressing my back into his chest as he lowers his chin only my shoulder.

My mind drifts to them, pushing the bad thoughts away. A small smile makes it on my face as he presses a kiss on my neck before slowly turning me around.

He checks to make sure I am okay, his eyes searching mine before he tugs me too the table, pulling out a chair for me.

Sitting down, I look at the food with a raise eyebrow. Since when did he know how to make lasagna?

Seeing the look on my face, he gives me a cheesy smile, "Jason helped me."

Something in his tone warms my heart as I realize how far they have come. Almost as far as us.

They all helped. They all helped pull this off. The only one who didn't was...

"How is Bruce?" I question as I take my napkin and put it on my lap before looking back up to him.

He raises an eyebrow at the question before saying, "Good. He is covering Bludhaven for me right now."

I bite my lip to keep from smiling, making him look at me weirdly.

"What? Do I have something on my face?"

His tuxedo was perfectly fit, his hair was perfectly tossed and his blue eyes reflected the moon. Even if there was something on his face, it wouldn't have drawn my attention.

What does draws my attention is how much thought he had put into this and how much help he was willing to need to put this together.

"No." I mutter before I smile softly at his expressions.

"Then what's wrong?" He questions, but a small smile is already on his face, mirroring my own.

"Nothing." I say, tucking a strand of hair out of my face. "Everything is perfect."

"Really?"

"Really."

Questions:
Ask away!!!!!!! :)
I will answer them to the best of my ability without giving away any spoilers. (You can ask questions about Jazel too, but hopefully you have some about Brick😂)

Headcannons:
1. People think Dick would be the one to bring home pets all the time, but it's actually Brooke who does it all the time with cats. At first Dick was upset about it, but after watching her play with them, he decided it didn't matter as much because it made her happy.

2. Out of the two, Dick is the better cook. Brooke is hopeless, at least that's what she thinks. Dick doesn't though. He said she can make cereal and that's all that matters.

3. Brooke often fights with Dick over stupid things because she finds it cute when he gets so mad over little things.

4. When Brooke is mad about something, Dick often tries to pull stupid jokes on her in order to make her laugh and lighten up. 90% of the time, it works.

5. If it were a secret, Dick would be the first one to spill that they are a couple. He just was really happy.

6. Brooke kills the spiders in the house.

7. Dick is very ticklish and is the most ticklish of the two if you ask anyone. (Brooke is too, but no one is supposed to know). Except for Dick who would be sleeping on the couch if anyone found out.

8. In the middle of the night, Dick often asks stupid questions when he can't sleep. If you ask Brooke then she will say it's annoying in the moment, but she secretly loves it and finds it very funny in the morning when he can't remember anything about it.

9. Anyone skeptical of their relationship stops immediately after they see how they interact with one another. (Everyone supports)

10. Out of all of the batboys, aside from Dick himself, Brooke is closest to Damian. One night when Dick got hurt and she was upset, Damian allowed her to spar with him, both of them matching every hit. They ended up swapping stories of Ra's al Ghul until Dick woke up to find the two siding by his bedside.

11. Brooke wears a lot of Dick's clothes, especially around the house. Dick has tried to fit into her jacket, but his torso is too long and his arms are too muscular.

12. When Dick gets drunk, he just follows Brooke around saying cheesy pick-up lines that he either makes up or gets off of google.

13. Every mission they are away completely sucks, but it makes for good reunions. For example, Brooke laughs, almost hysterical. She wraps her arms around Dick tightly and doesn't leave his side for hours. Dick on the other hand smiles as wide as he can, sometimes with wet eyes. He sometimes cracks a joke or flutters a kiss, but he always holds her close.

14. Brooke as 100% been mistaken for the old Catgirl, which means that Dick has had to bail her out a few times. Every time she is, she just sits and laughs despite knowing its "serious" as Jim Gordon says.

15. Brooke is a neat freak and often whines about Dick's lack of housekeeping with Alfred.

16. Dick sometimes reads a book to Brooke when she has had a rough day and can't fall asleep. He reads even after she falls asleep sometimes, switching between rubbing her back and playing with her hair.

17. Brooke holds in a lot of her emotions, which means she explodes sometimes. Her explosions are not pretty. There is yelling sometimes, but more often, her explosions come in fierce bursts of anger and energy. Dick realizes this, and the two of them talk it out while sword fighting.

18. Dick was the first to introduce Brooke to his parents. They brought flowers and his mom's favorite food and sat under a sunny sky. They were quiet for a while, but then Dick started to tell stories. It was a good day.

19. Dick sometimes gets distracted by her. One time it was inexcusable, really. They were on a mission for crying out loud, but it was a stakeout and he was bored. But that was just an excuse. Cat would always draw his eye, stakeout or no. She sat perched on a desk in a shadowed corner of the loft where they were hiding, her masked eyes scanning the room below them intently. Slowly, they found their way to him, and their gazes locked. "See something you like, Bird brain?" Dick grinned sheepishly. "We've been dating for two years now, of course I see something I like!" Cat only grinned and gestured for him to hush as the a four opened.)

20. Who is the more talkative one and who just stills and listens for ages completely content?
Brooke. When Dick starts talking about his police work or acrobatics it whatever, Brooke just sits and listens, a small smile in her face. Dick is pretty animated when he talks, so it's entertaining. Plus, he's adorable when he's excited.

21. When Dick does actually clean, he sings songs like Firework by Katy Perry in the complete wrong key when he thinks he is home alone or just feeling like annoying Brooke. What he doesn't know is that Brooke has over sixteen recordings of him saved on her phone.

22. The perfect get away for the couple is when Dick takes Brooke to the circus. Afterward, they jump through the city, enjoying the feeling of being free for just one night (Damian forces Jason to help him cover for them).

23. They love to travel and see the sights, but since they're so busy, they usually try and impress each other by finding the most obscure parts of town and finding all the best features then make a date of exploring.
(Can you imagine Brooke starting to pick the most sketchy places just to see Dicks face pale before she takes a sharp turn to a cute coffee place and Dick just shifts bc he doesn't want her to think she got the better of him, until he realizes that she always does it.)

24. The first person to bring up marriage and kids?Bruce, actually (it was an awkward conversation which caused Dick to fall off of the chandelier and Brooke to spit out her food straight onto Alfred)

25. Brooke has to stop Dick from doing stunts in public.

26. Dick has to stop Brooke from punching people who get on her nerves.

27. When they pick each other up at the airport-
Dick has one that says kitten in sparkly letters with paw prints all over it.
She wouldn't talk to him for a week. That is until he comes home from a mission and he is holding a sign that says BLUES CLUES in neon blue paint

28. Brooke often falls asleep anywhere and everywhere as soon as she knows it's safe to do so. Dick carries Brooke to bed as soon as he makes sure she knows it is him.

29. Dick has made a flower crown for Brooke before. It was like trying to put a sweater on a cat, but it stayed on long enough for him to get photographic proof. He keeps the picture in his wallet.

30. Dick often speaks to Brooke in Romani because she doesn't understand it, at least not when they first started dating. Brooke pays him back by speaking to him in German (she needed to for a mission one time)

31. They can sense when the other gets very hurt. They never have to worry when they are both at home, because they always patrol together, but when they are away on missions, the other just gets this weird feeling and this strange need to hear the others voice and hold the other. This ends up with the two on the line (except for offline missions) when the other is hurt, which causes each one to try and calm the other down, but ending up torturing each other because the worst thing is hearing their pain but not being able to see or touch them. After these missions, which are rare unless they have a bad month, they don't let the other go out alone and neither of them complain about it because it's horrible to see the other in pain, but it's worse to have to hear each other panicking and not being able to calm the other down regardless of who is the hurt one because the hurt one always ends up worrying more about the other freaking out than their own wound. The team also catches this trend, so their stomachs drop when they get the call and they quickly look around for the other half of the couple. No one talks about the sixth sense, but they all collectively decided to trust that something is most likely going wrong, especially when it's Brooke calling as Nightwing could have other news where as Brooke wouldn't be the one to relay it. But when they finally do get to hold each other, they don't let go for a while and they don't care who is watching because they are safe and they made it back to one another. Depending on who got hurt and how bad it was, they sometimes don't even leave the Cave; they use Dick's room there and call it a night holding on to one another as tightly as possible without popping a stitch. Blüdhaven is fine for one night they decide but Dick worries and Brooke knows. (Secretly, Brooke calls Jason to check out everything because she knows and she doesn't tell him that she called Jay until Jay is already there and helping so Dick can't say no to it or leave in the middle of the night). But when it's Brooke hurt? He doesn't give Blüdhaven a second thought. Even when it is Brooke hurt, she usually sends out a message to the boys to see if anyone of them can just check up on everything. Sometimes even Bruce takes over for them.

32. Dick forgets that Cat was an assassin and a spy, so he'll be working a case for hours and she'll just stroll by and say something that opens his third eye and all of a sudden he SEES. And he just falls in love all over again

33. Sometimes Cat refuses to spar, because she doesn't want to hurt anyone. She equates sparring with pain—real torturing pain. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, Dick finds Bruce, and Bruce can usually remind Cat that that isn't the way things work here

34. Dick loves cuddles. Cat...not so much after everything she has been through. She's gettting better, but she still doesn't like to be touched, so Dick takes it slow. He brushes his fingers against hers for a few minutes, then places his hand on hers for awhile. Eventually, he intertwines their fingers, and sometimes that's it. But sometimes he slowly slips an arm around her and gently pushes her head into his chest. The night she actually fell asleep like that was one of the best nights of Dick's life

35. Cat considers Damian a little brother. Typically, that kind of behavior would annoy Dami to no end, but he secretly likes it. He can't let on tho

36. Whenever Cat is injured, Dick, Bruce, Selina, and Alfred are the only ones she lets help. If it's beyond their abilities, they have to sedate her, and that is never a fun experience for anyone involved

37. Cat has a knack for languages. One year, she surprises Dick on his birthday by speaking I. Romani the whole day. She worked on it with Bruce for months, and she was secretly pleased when Dick grinned widely and kissed her.

38. Cat has been trained to ignore her pain, as such, sometimes she doesn't realize she's been injured until after the mission is over when she collapses onto Dick. At first, Dick thoughts she was hiding her pain because she felt she had something to prove. Then, he talked to Cheshire and he realized what was going on. Now, he acts like a mother hen, always asking if she's okay, and checking for injuries himself once they're safe.

39. Dick loves going to the movies. Cat isn't the biggest fan (mainly because she can see the plot twists coming from a mile away) but she does enjoy spending time with Dick.

40. Brooke doesn't like big functions, but once she and Dick are officially a couple, she finds that she loves walking arm in arm with him, claiming him as hers and her as his. Bruce notices this, but he never says anything. Dick notices too, and he feels the same way. How could he not with a woman like her at his side?

41. Selina kidnapped Dick (not Nightwing, Dick) to interrogate him on their relationship. She threatened him several times, but he didn't even try to escape. He answered every question honestly and declared his loyalty to Brooke. After several hours, Selina was surprised to find that she respected the man, and she gave their relationship her blessing. They never told Brooke, although she suspects something happened since Selina acts much nicer around Dick now.

42. Cat can hide dozens of weapons on her at any given time. Like, seriously. It's scary.

43. Cat still has nightmares despite the mind blocking that M'gann did to help. They aren't faces though, more like shapes and shadows, but she knows what they mean and sometimes stays awake when she can't escape them. She thinks Dick doesn't know, but he does. He doesn't force her to talk, but he holds her tight and close so she doesn't run and so she knows she is loved and wanted.

44. Brooke sometimes has talks with M'gann about the nightmares and frequently asks her to check in her mind and make sure she is... well her instead of something that was put inside her mind.

45. Harley and Ivy know that Dick and Brooke are dating, but they only know as Nightwing and Catgirl. Even if they would figure it out, they would never tell a soul because they haven't seen Brooke that happy since she was a little girl.

46. Jason and Brooke are actually close. Not as close as Damian and her, but they are close. They sometimes read together when they have off days, not really talking but being in the presence of someone who was also damaged by Ra's al Ghul and lived was somewhat comforting to both of them.

47. Brooke often visits the Manor, even when Dick isn't with her because she really likes the boys. No one will say anything, but they started to realize that she came around more often when it came close to the anniversaries of current points in her life like her parents and her brother.

48. Brooke loves mysteries even though she figures it out before the end every single time.

49. Dick secretly loves watching Brooke read, and often will sit with her and just watch as she reacts to the book at how it plays out.

50. Brooke does the same with any action or comedy movie; she thinks his expressions are the best part of the whole thing.

So I hope you loved that and thank you so much for voting and reading my book! I know it isn't the best and it needs editing, but it is a work in progress and I love that you all stick with it!!!!

MAJOR shoutout to my amazing editor and the person I come to with ideas Herenya902 . She came up with a lot of the head cannons so a definite big thank you to her for those!!!! And she also pushes me to write for y'all so she is the best

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 2.4K 102
BOOK 1 *This book is currently under editing. I'm not changing the plot at all, just correcting some grammar. It's a few years old and I've improved...
12.4K 863 58
A team? More like a family. Too much school? Try being a superhero with the safety of the world on your shoulders. A strong leader, a big brother...
97.2K 3.9K 63
Pamela Isley returns to Arkham Asylum after her young-adult daughter (Y/N) refuses to play a part in Poison Ivy's schemes. With the chance to finally...
227K 9.1K 27
After the death of his parents, Dick Grayson is taken in by his Uncle and trained to be a Talon. He has been training and preparing for four years of...