Player's Handbook (COMPLETED)

By jaycaprio

29 rules to being a player, 29 rules that must be followed. In this game you can't change for no woman, not e... More

Rule #1
Rule #2
Rule #3
Rule #4
Rule #5
Rule #6
Rule #7
Rule #8
Rule #9
Rule #10
Rule #12
Rule #13
Rule #14
Rule #15
Rule #16
Rule #17
Rule #18
Rule #19
Rule #20
Rule #21
Rule #22
Rule #23
Rule #24
Rule #25
Rule #26
Rule #27
Rule #28
Rule #29

Rule #11

2.9K 196 157
By jaycaprio

Rule #11: Protect Yourself
Los Angeles, CA
Christopher Maurice Brown:

"Chris?" I came out of my thoughts looking at the girl who was standing in front of me.

"No dance." I said waving her off, I forgot where I was. I looked around taking in my surroundings, I was at Mark one of my employees bachelor's party.

"Damn Chris you not taking the hoes down?" Trey asked laughing

"Just not in the mood." I say waving him off, I picked my phone up from my lap opening the text thread between Beyonce and I.

Hey you okay? (1:23 AM)

I sat it back down hoping for a reply, after waiting 20 minutes there wasn't one. I sat mute the whole night while pretty women danced all around me, I sat with my best friends like I was a married man myself. I ignored women that approached me, I ignored sexual favors, I ignored conversation and I ignored phone calls that wasn't Beyonce. "Imma go home man." I finally say getting up from the couch.

"Nah you not, you been awol for weeks bro. We call you don't answer, we come over you don't answer the door, sit down man you been mute the whole night. Have a drink-"

"I don't want a drink, I only came because I had already told Mark I would come. I showed my face now I'm leaving." I got up and they only followed me out of the hotel room.

"Chris wassup man?" Bry asked as they followed me into the elevator.

"Have y'all seen Beyonce?" I asked

They both looked at me,but stayed silent like they knew something. "Man what y'all know?" I looked between the both of them before I hit the L button and the elevator started going down.

"Man Chris you ain't find out from us." Trey said smacking his lips.

"No Trey Lauren ain't about to kill m-"

"Man shut up the man love sick!"

"Robyn and Lauren said if he found her they was killin-"

"Robyn ain't gone kill shit, some guy came and picked her up from Robyn and I's house, they went on a date and she said she might go back to his house tonight. Nigga stay in the circle I can take you to his house." Trey replied

"Don't do nothin stupid Chris." Bry said as I stormed off the elevator the moment the doors opened, they were close behind me.

Once we got in the car Trey was driving, "Speed nigga." I muttered

"Aight bruh." He replied picking up the speed.

"Man Chris don't do nothin stupid." Bryshere said again.

"Man I ain't tryina hear that." I said

"Bruh you know you tryina stay out of trouble, Trey don't encourage this shit bruh!" Bry shouted from the backseat

"The man just wanna check on her, ain't no harm in that." Trey replied

"Y'all niggas always doin some." He said with a deep sigh. We road in silence, and my anger built by the second. When we got to the house I ain't waste no time getting out the car and banging on the door.

I kept banging until he opened the door, I punched him as hard as I could in the face, and when he fell on the ground I threw punch after punch to his face not even giving him a chance to fight back. "Chris what the fuck!" She shouted pushing me back off of him.

"I told you to stay the fuck away from her!" I shouted as she stayed in front of me. He was bloody and he moved a little but didn't bother to get himself off the ground.

"How did you know where I was? Why are you even concerned with what the fuck I have going on?" She asked harshly

"I been calling you and texting you for weeks! You come to my house drunk! I take care of you! And then you disappear again?!" I shouted in her face.

"Aye man you all good?" Trey asked laughing as he help Michael up off the ground, he sat him on the couch.

"Man I'm pressing charges!" Michael shouted

"Don't be a bitch." Trey said

"Chris-"

"You know what Beyonce this what you wanna do? I'm over here tryina check on you and be consistent and you fuckin blow me off? Bet, fuckin bet." I pushed past her walking out the house.

"You aight man?" Bryshere asked the moment I stepped outside.

"Fuck you." I said walking past him and the car, I was so angry. I wanted to go back and beat his ass some more. I just walked down the street, I needed to blow this steam off before I did some stupid shit for real.

"Chris!" I heard Trey shout, I just ignored him and kept walking.

Beyonce Giselle Knowles:

"He's getting processed out now." The booking officer said once I had posted bail for Chris. I nodded taking a seat shaking my leg impatiently, cameras were everywhere and Michael was going through with pressing charges, he also announced it on every social media site. He made Chris look like an animal and I didn't like that at all.

He asked me to join him on an interview and I must've broke his heart because I was called a bitch. I would never turn on Chris like that, how would that look? His PR who's supposed to make him look good making him look bad? Not happening.

I looked up once I heard Chris' voice, "My watch man. It ain't in here that's a million dollar watch." He spoke exhaustly.

"That was all that was in the property bag-"

"So yall-"

"Chris it's okay just come on." I said reaching out grabbing his hand, he smacked his lips giving the booking officer an evil glare before he decided to just let it go.

"Broke ass pigs." He mumbled, security instantly coming to our side as we stepped outside. "I didn't need you." He said to me, security held cameras off as question after question was thrown at us.

"Chris I'm sorry." I spoke as the truck door was opened, Chris allowed me in first before he climbed in after me.

"I'm good man, you good. We gone keep this professional, done trying with you." He says as the door closed. Julius was already in the driver seat,he just pulled off slowly careful not to hit any member of the press. "I didn't do nothin to be ignored." He spoke up.

"I know."

"You know?" He asked in disbelief. "So what you actin like that for?!" He shouted at me.

"I said I'm sorry." I muttered

"No fuck that sorry, I want a reason!" He yelled

"I don't have feelings for you, you started coming on too strong so I decided to fall back." I lied and he scoffed.

"Then say that, don't ignore me." He replied coldly. "I'll back off." He shrugged

"Okay, I'm going to fix this mess." I say changing the subject.

"Yeah you can't fix a nigga heart though. Ion care about this shit, they can come at me all they want imma still feel like shit. Another pretty female stomping all on a nigga heart." He chuckled. "Yo Julius drop me off up here at this cafe." He said

"Chris-"

"Just do your job man, imma leave you alone. This is why I go by a handbook, Rule #11." He replied as Julius pulled in front of the cafe. "Protect yourself." He added cutting me off before he got out the car slamming the door behind himself. I rolled my eyes as Julius pulled off.

"I thought you liked him boss." Julius said, I squinted my eyes at his nosey ass. "I'm just saying, you're a wise woman, you don't have me drop you off at man's house when you're drunk ever. You obviously like him if even in your drunken state that's where you wanna be."

Christopher Maurice Brown:

"She said she didn't have feelings for me." I said to a yelling Robyn as she slammed my office door.

"And you believe her?!" She shouted at me. "You just gonna sit here and let her go?"

"I have a lot on my plate as it is, getting custody of my child, fighting this assault charge, and trying to clean up my image. I look like an animal because my emotions got the best of me." I explained. "I'm not doing it again, I'm not gonna make myself look stupid again."

"What you mean again?!" She shouted at me.

"I'm no colorist Robz." I started sighing. "I was 16 when I met this gorgeous ass dark skin woman. She was older, she was in college. Not only was I with a pretty girl but she was in college do you know how many cool points a nigga got? I was with her up until my senior year until her college boyfriend popped up at a football game tryina figure out why I was texting his fiance's phone."

"Oh damn." She said sitting down across from me. "So you telling me this bitch had a boyfriend and then she had you?" She asked

"Yeah, I fell in love with her, 3 years I was bragging and looking stupid whole damn time she was playing me. I couldn't feel after that, and I couldn't date another black woman because they reminded me of her. Majority of them are strong, ambitious, and real. Reminded me of her, reminded me that they didn't need me they could toss me to the side if they wanted to, and I didn't like that feeling. A woman having that much power over me? Black women don't play that running over them shit, they don't play that not having your shit together shit so I guess it was just me not wanting a woman to have that power over me so I just don't date women of color. They keep a nigga I'm check and I don't like being in check, especially if I know in the end they gone leave when they want."

"Chris you can't be scared of-"

"I-I'm not scared-"

"Yes you are, you're scared of a woman keeping your ass in check. No offense to the kind of women you do show attention to but they allow yo ass to do whatever it is you want, you run all over them and they use you for your money! Black women not all, but majority are proud, strong, and they work hard for what they have. So what they don't need you nigga, okay so one of them broke yo heart, that just means the rest of them gone break your heart too?! Black love is supposed to be strong when it's right. You and Beyonce are right, she's scared of you because of your reputation, and you're scared of her because she is a strong black woman! Y'all both getting on my damn nerves."

My office door opened, and Beyonce stuck her head in. "Michael has agreed to drop the charges, you will do an interview next week with Nicki Minaj on Queen radio to apologize and clean up your image. I'll make sure I have what you'll say written out for you." She explained I nodded and she let herself back out the office.

"Oh so what? Y'all gone keep it professional now?" Robyn asked sarcastically

"Yep."

"Yall-" the door opened again and in came Ryan.

"What you want?" Robyn asked scrunching her face up

"I was asked to come here, what you want Chris?" She asked, sternest in her voice.

"I just wanted to apologize for how I treated you a while back, and just want you to know it won't happen again."

"Yeah I still don't want anything to do with you. I forgive you, but we don't even need to keep this going on." She said letting herself out of the office.

"See." I say looking at Robyn.

~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 5.1K 42
Chris returns home from his 'Fortune' tour but things weren't the same as when he left. Chris along with his closest friends endure what in means to...
339K 11.4K 43
How not to get hurt in a relationship? How to get the guy crying over you and not the other way around? All good questions, which I found myself aski...
61.1K 1.6K 63
Belle is 19 and on the cusp of adulthood. She goes to University of Florida, she loves her college, and she has made many new friends. It appeared th...
175K 4.5K 16
Kacey grew up living a hard life. she got into trouble but she snapped out of it and pulled her life together. She has a lot to deal with her,drug ad...