Different Worlds (Veronica Lo...

By BrooklynMHM

She's from the other side of the tracks. Will destiny bring her and a Raven haired beauty together or pull th... More

⚠️𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ⚠️
𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒕
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝑽𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 3
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 4
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 5
Thank You!
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 6
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 7
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 8
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 9
A/N
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 11
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 12
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 13
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 14
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 15
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 16
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 17
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 18
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 19
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 20
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 21 (𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 1)
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 21 (𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 2)
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 22
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 23
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 24
New Story Is Up
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 25
𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 26
We Have To Talk...
𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆
Imagines Story
Reminder
My New Endeavor (Not An Update)
Time We've Had A Heart To Heart

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10

6.5K 161 1
By BrooklynMHM

Today was my first day on the job with Hermione she was pretty laid back on the "work attire" I had to wear so I just went with an all black outfit black ripped jeans, a black v neck shirt and black doc marten combat boots with a black leather jacket to cover the gun holster around my shoulders. I had things worked out with FP so that he was on call for me just in case things went south and I needed backup.

Hermione had a few meetings this morning so I met her at The Pembrooke bright and early this morning in my brand new Range Rover she bought me as a "thank you" gift for being willing to work with her. I fought it but in the end she said it was a gift I couldn't refuse. I parked in the garage and made my way inside the building and into the elevator. A short ride later I walked up to the door where I knocked and waited a few seconds before the door opened revealing my girlfriend on the other side.

"Good morning baby" Veronica said with a smile and as she pulled me inside. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her "good morning babe, how did you sleep?" She wrapped her arms around my neck and pecked my lips again "I slept really good actually, how about you? Are you ready for your first day?" I can't lie I'm a little nervous but I think I'm as prepared as I could be. "That's good babe, I slept alright it was a little hot in the trailer but oh well. And yeah I'm kinda nervous but I got my protection on me so I don't have any worries for today."

"Come on my mom made breakfast burritos" just by the mention of food my stomach rumbled. Veronica laughed "someone's hungry huh baby" I nodded "I'm starving, you already know I have an appetite on me." We walked into the dining room where Hermione was sitting down drinking a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. "Good morning Dream, ready for your first day?" I smiled "Good morning Mrs. Lodge, and yes I'm ready."

Veronica brought me a plate with a breakfast burrito, some hash browns, a cut up avocado, a bowl of fruit and some orange juice and set it in front of me. "Eat up baby" she said with a smile "thank you babe, and thank you Mrs. Lodge this looks great." I wasted no time in digging in, being in jail for 2 years I had to eat my meals fast. Something I was trying to change now that I was out but I still was finished with my food in record time.

While I was eating Hermione excused herself so she could finish getting ready for the day while Veronica and I sat at the table and talked. "Remember baby, we meet with the realtor at 1:30. My mom already knows and she said she would be done with her day by noon. Just bring her back here and we'll go together." Remember how Veronica said she would help me get myself and the boys out of the trailer park when she first asked me to be a bodyguard for her mom?

Well she kept her word with that promise, I've been keeping an eye out for places that would fit us best and I had it narrowed down to 3 properties all of which were about 20 minutes outside of Riverdale. Since Veronica and Hermione were moving out of The Pembrooke to make that final step of cutting Hiram out of their lives I wasn't concerned about not being close to them. Veronica was actually looking at homes in the same area I was so in the end I knew things would work out great.

"So what are you doing today babe?" I asked Veronica as I finished up my orange juice. She sighed "interviews, ever since Reggie left I haven't had a manager at LBN." I furrowed my eyebrows "what do you mean Reggie left? Why am I barley hearing about this?" She looked at me sympathetically "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but he left after a heated conversation we had and ever since he hasn't shown up to work." Now I was curious as to what the conversation was about "why was it heated?" She shook her head "I don't wanna talk about it, not while you're about to go to work. I promise I'll tell you everything when we're alone on our way to meet the realtor."

I couldn't argue I didn't wanna be pissed off before my first day of work. "Fine, but I want all the details Veronica. And you should end your search on looking for a new manager talk to my brother or Kash they basically run the Wyrm and they aren't even in a managerial position. They're sick of working there now you have the protection of the Serpents why not have them work in the speakeasy. I'm not saying you have to it's just a suggestion." She nodded and smiled "I could definitely work something out with them both. You don't think it would be awkward for them working there knowing Toni and Cheryl work there too?"

I shook my head "they're adults, as long as Toni and Cheryl keep their mouths shut there shouldn't be any issues with Pea or Kash." Since Veronica already had their numbers after I gave them to her a few weeks back she said she would give them a call. Finally Hermione came out and was ready to leave. "Have a good day baby, be safe I want you both coming home to me at the end of the day." I brought my hands to her face and gave her a passionate kiss. "You have a good day too babe, and I promise we will both be walking through that door at noon."

Hermione took Hiram's threat so seriously she had a custom Mercedes Benz G Wagon custom made to be bulletproof. It was all black with dark tinted windows, since I work on cars once she got it back I did my own little tweeks to the car and put hidden compartments inside to hide some guns just in case anything were to happen. I opened the back door and let her get inside before I went around and jumped into the drivers seat. Hermione went over her schedule for the day while I drove us to the mayor's office.

I parked the G Wagon in the parking lot checked my surroundings before getting out. As I made my way around the car I pulled out my gun from it's holster checked the surroundings again before opening the door for Hermione. She quickly got out I led her inside not before taking a quick second to lock the car. Hermione was greeted by her staff and she introduced me as well she of course didn't go into detail about who I was exactly just simply said my name but that was enough for me.

We went into her office where she put down her things. "Ok Dream my first meeting should be starting shortly, after this one I have 3 more and then we are finished for the day." I nodded in response "so do you want to wait in here or outside?" I did a double check of her office she had no windows so I didn't have to worry about someone shooting through a window or anything. "I'll wait outside the door, if anything happens hit this button it'll send a little message to my ear piece and I'll be right inside."

She nodded in response "thank you for doing this again Dream, not just for me but for Veronica as well. Her father isn't the man I fell in love with and definitely no longer the man I married. I'm not too worried for her safety but I know she's protected whenever she's with you. You've changed her for the better just in the month and a half you two have been together." I smiled "I can't say I truly know how parents work, since I never really had that myself but I know that Veronica thinks the world of you. And Veronica means the world to me, I promised I'd keep you both safe and I never intend to go back on that promise. Hiram will never lay a hand on either of you as long as I'm alive."

After our conversation I decided to let her get prepared for her meetings. A few minutes later people started arriving just as a precaution I stopped them all and patted them down before I even let them in the door of her office. I didn't know any of these people so I'd rather be safe than sorry. I sat on a chair keeping an eye on my surroundings before I pulled out my phone texting with Veronica a little and then a few messages with my brother. Before I knew it the day had already passed which I was thankful for.

Hermione got her things together before she left her office locking it up before we left for the day. I made sure to take the steps I did on our way in the same way on our way out. After a short drive we were back at The Pembrooke. I parked the car and led her inside and up to the penthouse. Veronica wasn't back yet so I waited for her in the living room about 20 minutes later she finally walked in. "How was your first day baby?" She asked as she gave me a hug and a kiss. "Not too bad, kinda boring but I guess that's a good thing." She chuckled "yeah that's definitely a good thing. Are you ready to go?"

I nodded and she quickly said hi and bye to her mom I said my goodbye's to her as well and Veronica and I were now in my Range Rover on our way to meet the realtor. "Are you excited?" Veronica asked as she caressed my hand as I drove. "Very, I didn't think I could be in this position to get us out of the trailer park so soon. But this is all happening because of you and I can't thank you enough for everything." She brought my hand to her lips and kissed it.

"You're the one that's doing your job, I'm not doing anything besides paying you. This is happening because of you." I laughed a little "whatever you say Ronnie." After a 20 minute drive we made it to the first property. Luckily the realtor was already there so we could get straight into checking the place out. Veronica got out of the car and greeted him by giving him a hug "you must be Dream, I'm Kevin Keller" he said as he stuck his hand out for me to shake.

I smiled "that's right, nice to meet you Kevin." He smiled back at me "you were right V, she is gorgeous you're a lucky woman." I couldn't help but blush a little Veronica kissed my lips "I know" she said simply. "Alright Dream so as you know this house is a 6 bedroom, 7 and a half bathroom. It's sitting on 20 acres, it has the high security fences that you wanted. Let's go give it a look."

I held Veronica's hand as he gave us the tour of the house it was beautiful. I loved that Kevin listened to my requests of having so many bedrooms and bathrooms. And I took security seriously as well so it being surrounded by security fences was a plus. We went to the second and third houses and then it came down to my decision. Every house had something I loved more than the last. Veronica suggested her and I go out to lunch while I thought things over which I agreed on. I told Kevin I would be in touch and we went our separate ways.

We drove around town getting familiar with the area we were now both about to call home soon. We decided on trying out a Chinese restaurant for lunch. We went inside and were seated quickly which I always appreciated. The waitress took our drink orders Veronica went basic with a lemon water and I decided on a sweet green tea. We looked at the menu and I quickly made up my mind on what I wanted.

"So what did you think of the houses?" Veronica asked as she looked up from her menu. "They were even better in person than in the pictures, it's definitely going to be hard to pick the one." She went through a list of pros and cons for each house which helped me a lot. The waitress came back and took our orders I went with sesame chicken and rice and Veronica went with orange chicken and rice.

We talked a little more, that's one thing I loved about being with Veronica. We could spend hours talking about nothing and it was still my favorite thing in the world. I mean it when I say I never experienced anything like this with anyone I've ever dated in the past, including Toni. I knew Fangs had his doubts about Veronica and I being together, but he never got to see this side of our relationship. No matter what no one was going to change my mind on Veronica but her. 

After a short 20 minute wait our food was brought to the table. And in typical Veronica and Dream fashion we shared our meals with each other. We talked about the houses a little more and before I knew it we were both done with our food. The waitress came back and brought the bill which I grabbed right away. Veronica gave me that look but I still paid for it anyway. With our conversation I made my decision with what house I was going to go with. I called Kevin and let him know and he said he would begin the paperwork.

We went to his office so I could begin signing away praying the sellers would take my offer. Kevin said the sellers would probably give a quick response so hopefully by the end of the week I would have my answer. I couldn't believe at 18 years old I would be in the process of buying myself my first home. I had a great yet dangerous job, three amazing brothers, and a gorgeous and supportive girlfriend. This was all happening just months after I was released from jail, life was turning around for me and I prayed it would only get better from here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 1K 60
[BOOK 1] Andriette Lodge has a rebellious past. Her father wanted her to be the picture perfect daughter, just as her older sister Veronica, but she...
181K 3.6K 35
Kali Martinez, 17, young and beautiful, had long beautiful raven hair with silver tips in it. Her eyes brown mixed with green, always held mischief b...
68.5K 2.4K 155
𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜; lack of light, evil, sadness, or lack of hope. 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢; the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives...
52.3K 1.4K 43
This is the sequel to Dark Secrets, Big Lies |Toni Topaz| so PLEASE read that story FIRST! Continue to read to see the continuation of the first stor...