In Your Dreams | K. MIKAELSON

By sectxmsemmpra

Maya Lockwood is the opposite of normal. She is friends with werewolves and vampires and deals with the ups a... More

1 | Everything Has Changed
2 | The Kids Aren't Alright
3 | Promises, Promises
4 | Wide Eyed
5 | Keep Breathing
6 | I Need To Know
7 | The Weight Of Us
8 | I Don't Want To Be
9 | I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth
10 | Hold On
11 | Paper Doll
12 | Undrunk
13 | Exhale
14 | We'll Be The Stars
15 | Clarity
16 | Papa Don't Preach
17 | Can't Blame A Girl For Trying
18 | Inevitable
19 | Pillowcase
20 | Worth It
21 | Why
22 | Enemy Fire
24 | Cry For You
25 | Sweet But Psycho
26 | Forever Young
27 | I Can't Breathe
28 | All We Have Is Love
29 | Consequences
30 | Never Really Over
0 | Epilogue
0 | my sincerest apologies

23 | Him & I

1.9K 41 3
By sectxmsemmpra

"I'm sick of taking his crap. I should rip his throat out. See if he can boss us around without a larynx," Adrian said after entering the cellar.

"You won't have to take it much longer," Maya informed.

"You keep saying that, but here we are hiding, plotting a revolution that's never gonna happen," Kimberley pointed out impatiently.

"Never say never and never say I don't pull through. I found the witch that's gonna save your lives," Hayley said as she entered the cellar.

"Are you serious?" Adrian asked.

"We promised you guys we'd free you from Klaus. You did your part by breaking your sire bond, now Hayley, Tyler and I are gonna do ours," Maya said.

"Are you sure there is no one else?" Maya asked her brother with a frown as they walked to the Grill.

"It has to be me. They need you as their alpha and you are kind of pregnant," Tyler pointed out, gesturing to her stomach.

"I just wish there was another way."

"You don't have to be involved, we can handle it. I know how you feel about Klaus is...well complicated."

"My priority is the pack, it has to be. I'm not going to risk the death of thirteen people who are basically a part of me for the sake of a hybrid who is kind of a dick. If my pack dies, a part of me dies with them."

"Kind of a dick? If that's not the understatement of the year, I don't know what is."

Maya laughed slightly when a conversation grabbed her attention.

"Did you find the sword?" Caroline asked.

"Nope," Stefan answered

"What are we gonna do now?"

"Klaus is the only shot we have at finding the cure. We need him. Maya and Tyler have to call it off."

"Well, that's not gonna happen," Maya said joining them in the alleyway with Tyler.

"You told him?" Tyler said to Caroline, a hurt look evident on his face.

"I've had twelve hybrids sworn to secrecy for a month. I have Hayley and a witch risking their lives and you're blabbing our plan to him?" Maya said walking closer to the two.

"Look, all I'm asking you for is a little bit of time, okay?" Stefan asked, stepping closer to Maya.

"How long? An hour? A day? Because every minute that goes by that we don't do this, they're at risk. You and Klaus already served one of them up for Jeremy to kill. I don't owe you anything," Maya said before turning to walk away, "Klaus is gone tonight."

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that," Stefan said vamp-speeding in front of her.

Maya raised an eyebrow, amused at his attempt to scare her.

"Stefan," Caroline warned.

"I'm sorry but I can't," Stefan said looking back at her.

"Stefan!" Caroline warned again looking over his shoulder.

Stefan turned around to see a half a dozen hybrids standing on the stairs in front of him, Caroline turned around to see the other half.

"You just made an enemy of the wrong person, Salvatore," Maya said before walking off, her pack right behind her.

"Keep up your role with Klaus," Maya said to the hybrids, "It's the last time you will ever have to and we don't want him getting suspicious."

They all nod before dispersing.

"I think I'm getting pretty good at this whole alpha thing," Maya said turning to her brother, "I didn't think I would be able to do it."

"We wouldn't be where we are without you," Tyler pointed out.

"I just wish it didn't take watching them all break their bones a million times."

"I know, but at least that part is over now."

"We should get back to the cellar. I've lost my appetite."

"Let's go," Tyler said before they both walked back to the cellar.

"Maya," Caroline begged.

"Keep them down here until we're ready to bring Klaus in," Maya said, dropping chains on the floor, "Use these if you have to."

Stefan walked closer to Maya, "It's about more than revenge for us."

"I know what it's about for you, Stefan. It's about the cure. You know what happens to a hybrid when their cured of being a vampire? We go back to being werewolves; turning on every full moon. We could give a rat's ass about the cure," Maya said turning away but quickly turning back, "Maybe you should ask Elena what she wants."

Caroline took a step closer to Tyler, "Tyler, come on."

"I needed you on my side, Care. That's all I wanted," Tyler said, shaking his head slightly before walking out.

Maya sent a glare their way before following Tyler out.

"Tyler," Maya said, causing him to stop.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"I'm gonna miss you," Maya said, tearing up slightly.

"What?"

"When you're gone, I'll miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too," he said with a small smile.

"Liam and I agreed a while ago on what our baby's name would be, I guess now would be a good a time as any to tell you what it is" Maya said placing her hand gently on her stomach, "We're naming him Tyler."

"You are?"

"Yeah, his full name will be Tyler Alaric Lockwood-Smith. Named after the two bravest men I have ever met," Maya said with a small, sad smile.

He nodded slightly before Maya filled in the gap between them by pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

"I love you, you know that, right?" Maya said, her voice slightly muffled in his neck.

"I know, I love you too."

"How the hell did you even get out?" Maya asked as they followed Caroline into the bathroom.

"I got out because even your idiot hybrids recognize the stupidity of your plan," Caroline said.

"I'm not going to fight with you anymore, Caroline," Tyler pointed out.

"Oh, we're going to do plenty of fighting, the second that you shove Klaus into someone else's body."

"We've been through this; we don't have anyone else's body."

"Yeah, well I do."

"What? Who?" Hayley asked.

"Klaus' sister, Rebekah. She's got a dagger in her. Stefan's been hiding her coffin in the tunnels. We dump Klaus into her body, bury her, we just killed two Original birds with one stone."

Tyler and Maya's look of confusion soon turned into a grin.

"It's too late to change the plan," Hayley said not as excited as everyone else.

"Call Bonnie," Tyler said to Caroline, "Make sure it will work."

"Tyler!" Hayley protested.

"It's a brilliant plan, Hayley," Maya pointed out.

"You're a genius. I love you," Tyler said before kissing Caroline.

"I love you. Even when I hate you," Caroline said with a grin.

"I gotta go find my mom. Let her know I might actually graduate."

After Tyler left, Maya noticed Hayley texting someone with a worried face.

"You okay there?" Maya asked her suspiciously.

"Yeah, it's just Liam. Something happened with the pack but everything is fine now."

"Right..." Maya said not buying it.

Turning to Caroline she spoke, "I have to go but call me if there are any issues."

Caroline nodded and Maya left the bathroom.

Maya quickly pulled put her phone and called Liam.

"Hey," he said.

"Is there something going on with the pack?" Maya said, getting straight to the point.

"No, what made you think that?"

"Damn it," Maya mumbled under her breath before speaking into the phone, "Uh, just a feeling, you're still coming down, right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, I'll see you then," Maya said before hanging up.

"What was that whole secret meeting in the bathroom about?" Klaus said suddenly causing Maya to let out a shout of surprise.

She put her hand on her chest and calmed down.

Klaus, looking amused, continued, "I know you won't tell me, I just asked to get your attention. I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What would that be?"

"About the baby."

"Is this you saying that you want to be involved?"

"She'll be powerful, it'll help me in the long run."

"So you want her just for power?"

"Yep."

"I don't buy it."

"What?"

"I think you care for her, she's a part of you and you know she isn't just a weapon. This baby is my hope for you."

"Your hope for me?"

"I think she'll prove your humanity isn't completely gone after all."

"It is."

"I'm sure it is," Maya said, putting her hand on his shoulder in mock comfort.

Klaus turned his head to look at her hand that still lay on his shoulder and she quickly pulled it away.

"I, uh, um, I should go," Maya said pointing to the door frantically and walking backward, knocking over a stool in the process.

Klaus had a smirk on his face as Maya picked up the chair and regained her posture.

"Bye," she muttered quickly before running out.

"Hey mom, I don't see you. Things have changed, it's gonna be fine," Tyler said into the phone as Maya looked for her mother around the town center.

"I'll be back later. I'll pick you up," Tyler said after seeing Hayley and then he hung up.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be taking the witch to the Cellar," Tyler told Hayley once they reached her.

"There is no witch, Tyler," Hayley said a guilty look plastered on her face.

"What?"

"I made it up."

"You what?"

"I never intended for you to put Klaus down. I needed him for the sacrifice."

"The what?" Tyler questioned.

"I don't know how to explain it, but I made a deal with someone who can help me find my family."

"What are you talking about? What kind of deal?"

"There needed to be twelve for the sacrifice, Tyler."

"Twelve what?"

"I'm sorry."

"Hayley, what did you do?"

"If you run now, you might make it out alive."

Tyler looked at Hayley with a look of fear and shock. He sent Maya a look and she nodded in understanding before he quickly ran off.

Maya turned to Hayley, an expression of anger and grief clearly written on her face.

"I would be more worried about yourself then Tyler right now because I swear to god if I ever see you again, your dead," Maya said in anger before running after Tyler.

"Oh my god," Maya said covering her mouth to muffle the sobs.

In the woods, lay her pack, slaughtered by Klaus because of the bad decisions of an idiotic wolf.

"Maya..." Tyler said quietly after leaving the cellar.

"Um, you have to get out of here, pick up mom."

"Maya."

"The council won't be able to cover up twelve deaths."

"Maya."

"This will take awhile, tell mom I'll be home late."

"Maya!" Tyler shouted again now standing in front of her.

"I'm fine," Maya said shaking her head, "I am, I'm fine."

"It's okay not to be okay."

"I have to be okay, Tyler. If I let this get to me, I will do something dumb, I can't afford to do something dumb."

"Let me handle this, you go get mom and go home."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm positive."

Maya made her way back to the town square and searched for her mother. The square was completely empty so finding her should be easy.

"Mom?" Maya shouted when she noticed something in the fountain, "Mom!"

Maya ran over, pulling her body out of the fountain. She pulled out her phone and dialed 911, putting them on speaker, she started CPR.

1.2.3.4.5....30, air, air, 1.2.3.4.5....30, air, air.

"Come on mom, wake up."

She continued compressions when the paramedics showed up.

"How long has she been down?" One of them asked as they took over.

"Uh maybe 20, 25 minutes? I don't know how long she was down before that," Maya said watching as the paramedic was continuing compressions.

The paramedic stopped doing compressions.

"Wha-what are you doing? You have to keep going," Maya said frantically.

"I'm sorry, but there is nothing we can do."

"That can't be it."

"We can bring her to the hospital for you," the other one said as he pushed over the stretcher.

"I-I guess," Maya said as tears welled in her eyes.

They nodded before taking her off to the hospital.

Maya passively made her way home, exhaustion slowly taking over. She decided pushing down any emotions about her mother and packs death is what would be best for now.

She entered her house and found Tyler sitting in the kitchen.

"Hey," he said, "where's mom?"

"Uh, something happened," Maya began quietly.

"What is it?" he said standing up, worry clearly written on his face.

"It's mom, she's uh, dead."

"What?" he said his eyes widened.

"She drowned, or allegedly drowned."

"Allegedly?"

"Something tells me it has something to do with Klaus. I'm gonna go to bed, It's been a long day," Maya said before making her way upstairs and to her room.

Maya flopped down on her back and closed her eyes when it felt like someone was watching her.

She opened her eyes slowly and sat up to find Klaus standing by her door.

"What are you doing here?" Maya asked standing up.

"I'm here to apologize."

"For what? Killing my pack? Killing my mom? Trying to kill my brother? I can keep going."

"I'm here to apologize for how I've been treating you."

"Why? Haven't you moved on to Caroline?"

"Caroline is merely a distraction," he said as he walked over and took a seat next to her.

"A distraction?"

"Yes, from something I know I can't have."

He then turned to look at her and they stayed like that for a moment until Klaus broke contact.

"I should get going," he said, standing up.

"No, wait," she said stopping him from leaving.

He turned away from the window and looked at her confused.

"Stay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 2.1K 63
How would you feel if you were in The Vampire Diaries? Would you be a witch, a wolf, a vampire or human? What if you fell for a character and they fe...
2.4M 51.8K 78
What happens when Klaus Mikaelson meets the feisty twin sister of Tyler Lockwood? After all of the physical and mental torment he has put her and her...
509K 12.5K 51
Faith Everly never had the best life. From having an abusive mother to being a siphoner, life wasn't the greatest. So what happens when vampires star...