In Your Dreams | K. MIKAELSON

By sectxmsemmpra

Maya Lockwood is the opposite of normal. She is friends with werewolves and vampires and deals with the ups a... More

1 | Everything Has Changed
2 | The Kids Aren't Alright
3 | Promises, Promises
4 | Wide Eyed
5 | Keep Breathing
6 | I Need To Know
7 | The Weight Of Us
8 | I Don't Want To Be
9 | I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth
10 | Hold On
11 | Paper Doll
12 | Undrunk
13 | Exhale
14 | We'll Be The Stars
15 | Clarity
16 | Papa Don't Preach
17 | Can't Blame A Girl For Trying
18 | Inevitable
19 | Pillowcase
21 | Why
22 | Enemy Fire
23 | Him & I
24 | Cry For You
25 | Sweet But Psycho
26 | Forever Young
27 | I Can't Breathe
28 | All We Have Is Love
29 | Consequences
30 | Never Really Over
0 | Epilogue
0 | my sincerest apologies

20 | Worth It

1.9K 50 15
By sectxmsemmpra

Maya was having trouble sleeping so she made her way downstairs and warmed up a glass of milk.

"Can't sleep?" Connor said from behind her.

Maya turned around but no one was there and she let out a sigh of relief. The microwave beeps and she jumped again before taking the milk out. She turned back around to see Connor leaning against the counter causing her to gasp.

"You know it makes sense; guilty conscience," Connor said pushing off the counter and slowly walking toward Maya.

"You're not here. I'm - I've got to be dreaming," Maya said slowly backing up.

"And how do you know that I'm not here?"

"Because you're..."

"Go on, say it."

"Because you're dead."

"Yes, I am. Was that the first time that you've taken a human life?"

"You're a ghost. That's gotta be it. You're a ghost, that's what's happening right now. Ty, Tyler!

"You're a ghost; you're haunting me. You're a ghost; you're haunting me."

"Can a ghost do this?" Connor said grabbing Maya by her throat and strangling her. Maya elbowed him in the gut to get him off and pushed him, sending him flying across the table. Maya grabbed a knife and stabbed Connor in the neck. She removed the knife and saw that it was Tyler she stabbed and not Connor.

Maya dropped the knife in shock, "Oh my god!"

Tyler fell to the ground.

"Oh god," Maya said covering her mouth in shock.

Liam walked into the kitchen, "What's going on?"

"He's going to be okay, right? I mean he's a hybrid, he's not really dead?"

"He'll be fine," Liam said walking over to her. "Go to the other room, I'll, uh, clean this up.

"I can't believe this happened. What am I going to say to him?" Maya said to Liam after he attempted to clean up the mess.

"Just explain to him what happened."

"I don't know..."

"Did you call Damon?"

"No, I don't need anyone knowing I killed my own brother."

"Hello Lockwoods and other," Damon said entering the house causing Maya to shoot a look at Liam.

"Yeah, I called Damon."

"I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands," Maya said, not looking at her best friend.

Maya was taking a shower, cleaning herself off when she looks down to see blood. She gasps, backing up but looks up at the shower head and nothing was there. She jumps out of the shower and dries herself off, putting new clothes on.

Maya adjusts her shirt in the mirror and sees Connor behind her. Letting out a gasp, she turned around and Connor walked closer to her.

"You wanna kill me again?" Connor said stepping closer.

"I wasn't myself. I was angry."

"Were you yourself when you killed me with your powers?"

"You were trying to hurt my friends."

"Because they're monsters and deserve to die, just like you. Admit it."

"No!" Maya shouted.

Maya made her way out of her room and downstairs to the kitchen where Damon stood.

"Damon..." Maya began.

"Decomposition starts in the first twenty four hours. I'm rotting in an unmarked grave because of you," Connor said.

"No!" Maya said backing away.

She ran to the front door, Damon following her.

"Maya!" Damon shouted.

She opened the door and Klaus super-sped to her and took her away.

"Maya!" Damon shouted again before Stefan looked around worried.

Maya was being dragged through the Mikaelson mansion.

"Let go of me, I don't want your help," Maya begged Klaus, fighting his grip.

"Certainly," Klaus said letting her go into the room, "I apologize for the lack of windows; it's to preserve the art. And of course to prevent you from taking off your daylight ring and burning yourself to death in the sun."

"I'm not gonna kill myself. I would never do that."

"Oh, but you'll want to. I did. Problem is, I'm immortal."

"You went through this?"

"Yes, I did. For fifty-two years, four months, and nine days. I was tormented, in my dreams, my every waking moment, relentless, never-ending torture. It was the only period of my life when I actually felt time."

"So, you knew that this would happen if Connor died? That's why you got involved. Did Stefan know too?"

"All he knew was that the hunter had to be kept alive. You should have listened to him when he said he had it covered, love."

"What else does Stefan know?"

"Well, that's one of life's little mysteries, isn't it?"

"How did you make it stop?" Maya asked before he could leave.

He stopped, without looking at her, and answered, "I didn't. Eventually it just stopped. The hallucinations tend to appear in strange forms."

There was then a knock on the door and Chris opened it, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Clothes, toothbrush," Chris said placing a duffel bag on the bed, "Klaus said you're gonna be here until he figures out where to put you."

"Just...please go away," Maya begged. Chris obeyed and left the room.

"I can't. I'm going to be with you forever, a constant reminder of what you've become. So, tell me, how did it feel to kill me?" Connor said appearing after the door shut.

"It was horrible. It was the worst thing that I've ever done."

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Tell the truth."

"I am telling the truth."

"You're lying."

"I'm not lying!" Maya shouted.

"Did you know I had a family? A brother, parents."

"I'm sorry. I'm - I'm really sorry."

"Are you sorry about your father? Alaric? It's your fault they died."

"Don't."

"Your father died when you could have gotten him out of there. And Alaric, well, he died because you wouldn't let him complete his mission and you couldn't protect him. They died because of you. And I'm not going to stop until you've taken your last, miserable breath."

"I'm not going to let you do this to me," Maya protested causing Connor to laugh.

"Then get rid of me. Kill yourself. You never wanted to be a vampire in the first place, now look at what you've become. You're a monster, and you deserve to die."

Maya covered her ears facing away from him.

Connor disappeared and a new person appeared.

"How about you and I have a little chat."

"Sierra? You-you're dead?"

"I'm here to tell you the truth."

"The truth?" Maya whimpered.

"You're a monster."

"What?" Maya asked as more tears streamed down her face.

"Don't you ever stop crying? Poor Maya, always the victim. Except now you're a killer. What does Liam think of the new you?"

"Shut up!" Maya shouted.

"The girl he fell in love with is gone, you know. You're like me now, maybe worse."

"I made a mistake. I can do better."

"No, you can't. You're a vampire now. You'll kill again, it'll change you and it'll keep changing you until you're just like me."

"I am nothing like you," Maya protested.

"Yes you are."

"Shut up!" Maya said, attacking Sierra but ended up on the bed.

"You were such a good girl when you were human. Always willing to sacrifice yourself for your friends; except weren't they usually the ones that ended up getting hurt? And then you killed me."

"I never wanted that."

"Bonnie lost her Grams because of you. Her mom was turned into a vampire because of you. You know, she probably secretly hates you. Did you ever think of that? I bet she'd be relieved if you were gone."

"I'm not gonna kill myself!"

"Ugh, why not? Your very existence brings people nothing but pain. I mean, maybe it was worth it when you were worth it, but you're nothing now. You're a monster, Maya. You deserve to die."

Maya falls to the floor and holds her legs as she continues balling.

"Maya. Hey," Stefan said after unlocking the door.

Maya backed away as Stefan stepped closer. "Hey, it's okay. It's me."

"No, no, Maya said scrambling off the floor and backing away, ''Stay - Stay away from me."

"Let me help you."

Maya ran to the bed, grabbing the lead pipe that was underneath it before rushing back to Stefan. He grabbed her wrist to stop her from hurting him, "Maya, stop!"

Maya threw him against the wall and rushed at him, stabbing him with the lead pipe causing him to fall to the floor before running out.

Maya walked down the street, remembering everything bad she had ever done, Sierra and Connor at her sides, tormenting her.

"Are you ready to die yet? You know it's your only way out of this," Connor encouraged.

"You can't take back what you did. It can never be undone. You're a monster. You deserve to die," Sierra said.

Maya stood at the edge of Wickery Bridge, and looked down at the water.

"It's okay, M," Alaric said from her side.

Maya looked up to see him standing there, "Ric?!"

He smiled before placing his hand on her cheek, "I know what you're going through. It's okay."

He dropped his hand from her face before continuing, "You were ready to die, remember? You told me, if you were to ever die because of everything we go through, it would be okay. And then you did."

"I don't know what to do."

"Yes you do. You know exactly what to do."

Alaric looks down at her hand and Maya followed her eyes. She lifted up her hand and looked at the ring.

"That's right. The sun will come up and this will all be over. It's the right thing to do, Maya. You know it is. Admit it," Alaric encouraged.

"Because I'm a monster. And I deserve to die," Maya said pulling off her ring and dropping it into the water.

"I can't do this. I can't leave Tyler and my mom. And the babies, oh my god, I'm killing them too."

"Tyler and your mother are better off without you, don't you see that?"

"But Ric, they won't have anyone."

"They'll have each other."

"You're - you're right. I - I - I'm sorry I...Ric, I didn't mean to disappoint you."

"You didn't. You were everything I ever wanted you to be. But you died, and you were supposed to stay dead."

"Maya," Klaus said from behind Maya.

"Klaus?" she asked. She turned to see Ric was gone and looked back at Klaus, "How did you find me?"

"I'm a werewolf, I followed your scent."

"Damon was right. Vampires kill people. Stefan was right too. I can't live with myself."

"Look at you, being all glass is half empty. Let's just go talk about this before you do something stupid, okay?" Klaus said calmly.

Maya turned to see Connor, "The sun will be up soon. It's almost over."

She nods slowly looking back at the water and the sunrise before looking down.

"Where's your ring?" Klaus suddenly said in alarm, "Where's your ring, Maya?"

Maya continued to ignore him before he continued, "We need to get you inside."

"It's almost time," Connor said.

"What you're going through is a curse. We know how to break it, but we just have to get you inside," Klaus tried to convince.

"Don't let him stop you. I know you want to, but you can't. Don't."

"Damn it, Maya," Klaus said seeing the sun beginning to rise more. He rushed over to grab her but she sped a good distance away.

Maya felt the side effects of the curse go away and she could breathe properly.

"He-He's gone."

"It's okay."

They both looked down when they heard a sizzling noise. Maya's skin was burning from the sun.

"Klaus?" Maya practically whimpered.

He quickly grabbed her and threw both of them over the bridge into the water, saving her life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 9.6K 41
Allison Lockwood, the older sister of Tyler Lockwood, returns to Mystic Falls after spending four years in California. She finds her future involving...
49.8K 1K 115
What if Klaus actually had a child before Hope and she was living right under his nose in Mystic Falls. Your name is Nicole Lockwood. You live with...
2.8K 113 12
โ”€ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, BLAIR LOCKWOOD... returns to Mystic Falls after five years of absence and finds herself entangled with Damon Salvatore, unintentio...