Misconceptions (Zayn Malik)

By BelWatson

{book 2} ✓ - ❝ I'm tired of pity, of everyone looking at me like "poor Zayn, infatuated with his best mates's... More

Before reading...
Chapter 1 ~ Zayn
Chapter 2 ~ Mila
Chapter 3 ~ Zayn
Chapter 4 ~ Mila
Chapter 5 ~ Zayn
Chapter 6 ~ Mila
Chapter 7 ~ Zayn
Chapter 8 ~ Mila
Chapter 9 ~ Zayn
Chapter 10 ~ Mila
Chapter 11 ~ Zayn
Chapter 12 ~ Mila
Chapter 13 ~ Zayn
Chapter 14 ~ Mila
Chapter 15 ~ Zayn
Chapter 16 ~ Mila
Chapter 17 ~ Zayn
Chapter 18 ~ Mila
Chapter 19 ~ Zayn
Chapter 20 ~ Mila
Chapter 21 ~ Zayn
Chapter 22 ~ Mila
Chapter 23 ~ Zayn
Chapter 24 ~ Mila
Chapter 25 ~ Zayn
Chapter 26 ~ Mila
Chapter 27 ~ Zayn
Chapter 28 ~ Mila
Chapter 30 ~ Mila
Chapter 31 ~ Zayn
Chapter 32 ~ Mila
Chapter 33 ~ Zayn
Chapter 34 ~ Mila
Chapter 35 ~ Zayn
Chapter 36 ~ Mila
Chapter 37 ~ Zayn
Chapter 38 ~ Mila
Chapter 39 ~ Zayn
Chapter 40 ~ Mila
Epilogue ~ Mila
Author's note

Chapter 29 ~ Zayn

209K 3.9K 720
By BelWatson

Chapter 29 — Zayn

“Malik!” Alex spoke approaching to me whilst I was checking there wasn’t anything else in the room that I might have forgotten. I smiled as the black-haired girl got closer with a huge smile.

We hadn’t been alone in a room in a long time and the last time something like this happened, my feelings for her were still confusing and painful. In that occasion I saw her as the woman I wanted for me; that day I saw her as a friend.

“Vas happenin’?” I asked focusing all my attention on her. “You done with everything?”

“Yup. Niall is taking the bags to the car. How about you?” She asked sitting on the bed and crossing her legs in a yoga position.

“Done,” I replied taking a seat next to her. I knew she wanted to talk about something else with me, otherwise she would have spoken from the doorframe. But she came into the room. She wanted something. “What do you wanna tell me?” I pushed her and she giggled, her cheeks going red immediately.

“It’s about Mila. You two are my friends and I know I joke a lot with the whole OTP thing, and I’m really happy for you two but I need to ask you something,” she stopped meeting my gaze and I saw her serious expression. “I need to know what you really feel for her, Zayn. Mila is my friend, I have to take care of her.”

A part of me was offended that Alex thought I was able to hurt Mila to the point she had to ask me, but then at the same time I could understand her perfectly. She had to be sure I was really into Mila, which I was. Very into her. I just didn’t only fancied her, I liked her, I really liked her and I had no fear to scream that to the whole world.

“I really, really, like her, Alex. It’s… it’s different with her, I can’t explain it. I can only tell you I care about her way too much and I would never hurt her,” I said hoping she would understand what I was trying to say, though for me it didn’t make much sense once I said it out loud.

The black-haired girl smiled as she put her hand on my knee. “I’m glad. I was scared that maybe me and Moni pushed you two into this and you weren’t really up for it. I’m so happy that this is happening because you want it, not because you think you want it. Does that make sense for you?” Inquired the girl with a little frown and a goofy smile.

“Incredibly, it does,” I laughed and she joined me immediately. “To be honest, I never took seriously your jokes. Everything that had happened the last couple of days is because I wanted it to happen.”

“That’s great. So now, you better take care of Mila. If you hurt her, you’ll have me and Moni to cut your balls, so be careful. We don’t care you’re half of our OTP, we’ll protect Mila.”

“So you’ve already talked about this with Moni, uh?” I asked her still laughing.

“Yup. Very seriously. I’m just warning you because I love you, you know that. Now,” she added standing up in a very fluid movement. “My blond boyfriend is waiting for me and, as a good prince in shining armour, I shall not make him wait any longer.” And the funny part of that statement wasn’t her pompous tone, but that she considered herself the prince and Niall the princess in distress.

Those two had a special relationship.

“Alex!” We heard an Irish accent from downstairs and she just arched an eyebrow at me. I laughed harder as she just shook her head and walked away, not without giving me a last honest and happy smile at the end.

And talking about relationships, I had to talk to Mila just to make sure what was going to happen with us after this. We were leaving Harry’s bungalow and that meant holidays were over, therefore less time to spend together. She had to go back to uni and we had to keep promoting the new album. World tour was getting closer and I feared that maybe because of that, things with Mila might become complicated. We had to clarify everything now.

With that in mind, I went for her.

+ + + + +

She didn’t say it back. When we pulled back that was all I had in my mind. I told her how I felt about her and she didn’t say anything about it. Yes, she kissed me, and not any kiss, it has been different and unique, I could say that, but still she didn’t say anything.

Maybe she didn’t feel the same way.

Until I told her I was serious about this, she hadn’t considered a more serious relationship with me. I had to tell her that I really wanted something else just for her to give it a thought. The last couple of days maybe didn’t mean anything ftoor her, maybe she had considered it as a fling and nothing else. But it felt differently. When we were alone, when we talked about so many things, when she cuddled in my arms, when we kissed. It felt like something much more intense and I could tell the difference because I had had adventures, one night stands. This wasn’t one of those.

This couldn’t be something of the moment.

If she didn’t believe it yet, I had to prove her wrong.

If she didn’t feel the same way, I had to do something about it. It was impossible for her to not feel anything. Maybe it wasn’t the same, but there was something there. I could feel it.

I knew I was overthinking things, but weren’t women supposed to be open with their feelings and if the man said how he felt, they would say it back or tell him something even cheesier? Nevertheless, Mila wasn’t like any other woman and I couldn’t expect her to be like any other girl I’ve met. I wouldn’t feel the same way if she were different.

She smiled at me as her little and feminine hand cupped my cheek and stroked my skin with her thumb, her dark eyes fixed on me and her cheeks had an adorable rosy colour. She looked a bit embarrassed and at the same time I could see so many emotions fluctuating in the depth of her chocolate sea.

When she looked at me like that I couldn’t believe she didn’t feel the same way, there were so many emotions there trying to reach me, expecting from me to read them but I wasn’t able to get a hold on them. It couldn’t be just something of the moment for her. I refused to believe that.

“After New Year’s Eve, you and I are gonna have a proper date,” I told her as a matter of fact, not giving room for hesitation nor rejection. “Only you and me. I’ll take you somewhere special and no one will bother us. We won’t even have a chorus of OTPs at the background,” I added and she chuckled in that adorable way of hers.

“I’d like that very much. The free-OTP-chant, I mean,” she teased and it was my turn to chuckle. “No, but seriously, I really like the idea.”

“I’ll even make sure of having Harry doing something stupid and reckless so the media will be over him and they will leave us alone,” I promised her rubbing softly my hands on her back as I pressed her body closer to mine.

She burst out laughed burying her face in my chest. I loved it when she did that. “For some reason I pictured Harry running naked in the middle of London,” Mila said between fits of laughter. “And Moni chasing him to cut his balls,” she added a few seconds after and I joined her at laughing.

“It seems highly possible,” I agreed still laughing yet I raised one hand to cup her face and took her chin to make her meet my eyes. “I’ll see you after New Year’s Eve, then,” I repeated and she smiled nodding at the same time. “Great. I can’t wait,” I whispered and saw her chewing her lower lip, her eyes locked on mine.

I stroked her jawline softly, enjoying the texture of her skin and the way her eyes got darker at that mere caress. Slowly, I leaned in to kiss her lips one more time, because I was just addicted to the taste of her lips, the way she felt closely pressed to my body, how her arms wrapped my neck and her lips moved in sync with mine.

Whilst I was kissing her, I couldn’t think of anything better.

We pulled away and she had this beautiful smile again, her hands were still on the back of my neck playing with my hair. I would never let someone to mess with my hair, but I just loved it when Mila did it.

“You done?” A feminine voice asked and just then I looked at my right to see Moni giving her back on us and with her hands over her eyes. “I’ve been fifteen minutes waiting for you to stop snogging and I really need to talk to Mila,” she added and I saw for the corner of my eye how her cheeks burned. She tried to step back but I didn’t allow her.

“Yeah, you can turn around,” I told the brunette and she practically bounced as she turned around to face us, her smile was humongous and her dark eyes had a mischievous sparkle.

“If you two weren’t my OTP, I would’ve thrown up at that PDA. Just letting you know,” Moni said approaching to us. “But you two are so adorable I forgive you anything. Now, I’m sorry, DJ Malik, but I need this girl. Ugh, my heart aches knowing that I’m taking her way from you. My Zila heart!” She dramatised making Mila and I laugh at her. “You know I wouldn’t be doing this if it weren’t necessary, don’t you?”

“I understand,” I told her still chuckling as I slowly let Mila go. Was it crazy from me to immediately feel the absence of her body next to mine?

“By the way, Louis say he’s ready so you should start saying goodbye,” Moni added and Mila locked eyes with me immediately. The brunette also saw this and she just rolled her eyes. “Okay, say goodbye. I won’t look,” she said turning around and covering her eyes again. Mila giggled as she approached to me again.

“I’ll call you for New Year’s,” I told her grabbing her by the waist one more time. She nodded. “And I’ll see you soon.”

“I’ll see you soon,” she agreed standing on her tiptoes to peck my lips one time. “Don’t drink too much, okay? If you’re gonna call me, you better be sober,” added Mila with a playful smile and her lips still very close to mine.

“Same for you, little missy. Next time I see you, I don’t wanna know you had a horrid hangover.”

“I promise nothing! If there are mojitos, I’ll drink.” I just laughed as I hugged her tighter and kissed her one last time before she had to leave with Moni and I had to join Louis in his car to leave this place.

As I made my way to Louis’ car I realised of how much things had changed during that week at Harry’s house. It had been the best holiday indeed and I couldn’t wait to see her again.

I was head over heels for Mila and falling deeper with every moment we spent together.

-:-:-:-

Dedication goes for @Sheka369 because she was my favourite comment on the last chapter. Thank you very much!

Follow me on twitter! @BelWatson
Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 403 51
An Average girl named, Danae Laura Bennett. Who lives her life normally. She has a Boyfriend who are always far away from her. Until she get the...
31K 1.7K 51
[Major Warning ⚠️ :- I wrote this book when i was a teen and as English isn't my first language, i wasn't that familiar with terms or words. I'll sta...
14.1K 364 21
'If you are able to move, you are able to dance.' I watch her dance everyday, in the park alone. The way she moves to the expressions on her face, I'...
2.6K 37 37
What happens when a girl and her tryouts determine her love life? The whole world turns upside down. I'm Nicole and this is my story. Nicole ha...