Arranged Marriage (wattys2015)

By emt4life427

23 year old Arianna Anderson thought her life was borderline perfect until her father gambled everything they... More

Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty Six
Authors Note
Epilogue: Beginning of forever
Book two!!!!
Book two update!!!

Chapter Twenty-one

21.9K 690 62
By emt4life427

Nine days have passed since Lucas slipped into a coma. Arianna was lost, scared and quickly losing hope. She begged and prayed for him to wake up but every minute he remained sleeping, she felt like he was slipping deeper into a coma and feared she will lose him forever.

She hated death, she hated Alex and she hated that there's a possibility both her children will grow up without a daddy. She knew all to well what it was like to grow up with only one parent. No child should have to go through that. 

Lost in thought, Arianna didn't hear when the door opened until she felt someone touch her shoulder "Ari, sweetie you need to eat. You are now eating for two and I know that when Lucas wakes up, he will get upset if you don't take care of yourself" Madison spoke softly.

"I know Maddy. I'm just so scared that he won't wake up and if he does wake up, I don't want him to think I was never here for him" Arianna answered as tears began to flood her eyes.

Madison pulled over a chair and sat next to Arianna. Looking at Lucas, she herself wondered If he would wake up. The doctors had told them that he should wake up but as the days passed even the doctors didn't understand why he remained in a coma "he needs time to heal honey. Lucas is a stubborn asshole. It took him over 4 and a half years to realize he was in love with you honey. Do you really think he would give up on you so quickly?" She asked.

Arianna sucked in a deep breath to contain her tears "he is very stubborn. I just hope his love for us is strong enough to wake him up"

"He won't leave you honey. You of all people can feel that. You know it will be okay" Madison said gripping onto her hands.

"I don't know what to feel Maddy. Right now I just want him to wake the hell up because I feel like I am the one dying inside without him. Gabby keeps asking "why is daddy still sleeping?" How can I tell her I'm not sure if Daddy will wake up. Madison, I can't go through this anymore. I've already lost enough, I can't lose him as well"

Madison gave her a small smile and embraced Arianna "don't give up. He will come back to us. Just wait and see honey. He will"

Arianna didn't bother to answer back, letting her tears fall, she watched as Lucas continued to keep his eyes closed, face neutral and arms slack. Praying for a damn Miracle to happen Arianna pulled away from Madison and crawled into bed next to Lucas. She wasn't sure if he could feel her but she felt better holding onto him. Closing her eyes, she smiled when she heard someone whisper "I love you" before falling into a deep sleep.

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦

Arianna felt the sun shinning on her face and slowly blinked her eyes open. However, she never expected a pair of icy baby blues smiling back at her "Morning baby" the deep scratchy voice said cheerfully. His eyes dancing with laugher and a slight bit of pain deep inside of them. She stared. Saying nothing at all, she blinked a few times and even pinched herself just to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"You aren't dreaming" Lucas laughed and winched at the pain in his head.

Arianna mouth fell open but couldn't form any words. She was in shock, 10 days he was sleeping, 10 horrible and scary days she worried he would leave her. "H-how..you're awake?" She studdered questionably as she tried to decide whether or not her mind was playing tricks on her or that he was really wake and actually holding her.

Lucas smiled his 'heart stopping smile' "I am baby. The question is are you okay?" He asked her and let his eyes roam over her body. He noticed a few different things. One, she was glowing. Two, her breasts were slightly bigger and three, her belly looked rounder. Somewhere deep inside of him, he knew she wasn't telling him something.

Arianna followed his gaze and when it landed on her belly, she placed a hand over it and smiled up at him. She was too busy reading his confused expression, when the doctor walked into the room.

"Morning Mr. Carter, How are you feeling?" The way the doctor spoke to Lucas, Arianna sensed that Lucas had been awake awhile now and frowned. Why had he let her sleep, if he woke up?

"Very well Dr. Manning. However, my wife here seems to be in shock" Lucas' deep voice made her shiver as she listened to him speak. She missed his voice, his laugh. His eyes. Hell She just missed him.

Dr. Manning chuckled from the side of the bed as he looked over his charts "that's normal. She's been here day and night waiting for you to wake up. The shock will wear off soon enough. Do you need any pain medication?"

"No sir, not right now. Thank you" Lucas said.

"Very well. If you need anything, just push the button to alert the nurses" the doctor told them and turned to leave them in peace. Once the door was shut, Lucas hauled Arianna into his arms and kissed her neck.

"I've missed you baby. Feels like I haven't touched you in forever" he murmered against her neck.

Goosebumps formed on her body and pulled away to look into his eyes "you really are awake. Oh Lucas" Arianna cried and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck.

They held each other for a few minutes until Arianna pulled back "I have to tell you something" she whispered in his ear.

Lucas immediately thought the worst "What did you do?" He asked afraid of what she would tell him.

Arianna smiled up at him "it's what we both did. LucasI'mpregnant!" she rushed out the last part and waited for him to speak.

He looked at her confused "I'm sorry baby. What was the last part? Slow it down for me baby"

Taking a deep breath to calm her heart down she smiled into his eyes "I'm pregnant"

Lucas' lit up like the fourth of July and squeezed her in his arms "I'm going to be a father again?" He questioned excitedly.

Arianna giggled and kissed him "yes honey there's a little Carter growing in my belly"

"Thank you Arianna. Thank you so much" tears ran down his face as he placed his hand against her belly.

Arianna still wondered how all this time, neither of them noticed but With everything that had taken place, she didn't realize all of the missed periods or the fact that her belly was getting bigger. How someone could miss such a thing was lost on them.

"How far along are you baby?" He asked suddenly.

"13 weeks and 4 days" she replied.

"How much longer until you know what we are having?"

"We can find out around 19 weeks" she answered smiling.

"Okay. Last question, Where the hell is my baby girl?" He asked sadly. When he woke up, he and hoped that Gabby and Arianna would both be there.

"I'll call Brandon, she spent the night with them last night to give my dad and Lisa the night off" Arianna told him and reached into her purse for her phone.

Dialing Brandon's number he answered on the first ring "what's wrong?" He asked franticly.

"He's awake Brandon and wants to see his baby girl"

"Be there in fifteen minutes" he said and quickly hung up the phone.

Turning to Lucas, her heart felt lighter. They were finally safe "they are on their way"

Lucas smirked "good, now come kiss me"

She didn't hesitated and flew into his arms. Crushing her lips against his, she sighed and let her tears fall onto him. He was alive and holding her, she felt her once broken heart, piece itself together with each kiss he gave her.

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦

Beep beep beep

The sound next to her head was driving Arianna insane. She had been sleeping peacefully until the constant beeping of the machines woke her up.

Smiling she opened her eyes and looked over at Lucas, her smile quickly turned into a frown when she realized that she had been dreaming about him waking up.

Tears ran down her checks as she looked over him, his arms still placed firmly against his sides, his mouth slightly open and his body motionless, besides his chest moving up and down with each breath he took.

She felt her heart breaking all over again. Lucas was the strongest man she had ever met and the fact that he was still in a coma felt like he had in fact left her.

Checking her phone for the time, she gasped when she looked at the date. It's been exactly a month now since he slipped into a coma.

Gripping his right hand, she bent her head and kissed his ring finger "please come back to me honey, we need you" she sobbed against his hand.

Hearing the door opening, she lifted her head and looked over to see Brandon enter the room "hey Ari, any changes?" He asked quietly after taking the seat across from her.

Shaking her head sadly she focused her eyes back onto Lucas "no! I don't understand why he hasn't woken up yet Brandon. He's heathly as can be, I just don't know why he won't wake up"

Brandon sighed and forced the tears away before answering her " I wish I knew Ari. I really do" he told her, his voice thick from unshed tears.

Shrugging her shoulders, she sat in silence holding onto Lucas' hand. She was tired of talking. Tired of being asked the same questions and tired of sitting in a hospital waiting for him to wake up. She needed him, they all need him.

Each day that passed, she felt herself falling deeper and deeper into depression.
She had no desire to eat or even shower. Others forced her, for the sake of the baby, her health and for Gabby.

When the days turned into weeks and weeks into months, Arianna had had enough. She needed to get out of the hospital, no one knew if Lucas would ever wake up, but Arianna knew one thing. She couldn't waste away in a hospital room. She had two children to think about and when Lucas wakes up, she will be there but until then she has to live her life, he would want her too.

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦

Waking up every morning felt different without Lucas. Arianna had started a routine since coming back home from the hospital; wake up Gabby, eat breakfast, take her to day care and then visit Lucas before she ran her errands for the day.

It's been exactly 45 days since he's been in a coma and today Arianna will be looking into preschools for Gabby. Living permanently in Ohio was not something she had expected but until Lucas woke up, she has to make the best of it. Atleast try too.

"Morning Maddy and Brandon. Did you sleep well through the storm last night?" She asked them once she entered the kitchen. Ever Since leaving the hospital, Madison and Brandon moved in with Arianna to help take care of her and Gabby.

Madison was the first to speak "no, I was up all night while this one here snored" she answered elbowing Brandon in the ribs.

"Ouch! Why must you always abuse me?" Brandon asked.

"Oh stop, it didn't even hurt" Madison said rolling her eyes at him.

"How do you know? What if I elbowed you in the ribs?"

"Do it and See if you have balls tomorrow morning when you wake up" she joked but Brandon instantly shut his mouth.

Arianna chuckled as she listen to them bicker. Her and Lucas was just like them, always bickering and playing around. She felt the familiar burning sensation as her eyes filled with tears. She missed him. She missed his laugh, his icy blue eyes, his smile, she missed everything. No one knew if he would ever wake up. Deep down, Arianna felt like he would, but as the days passed and no signs of him waking up, she felt herself losing hope and if he left her, she wasn't sure how she would be able to cope.

The sound of her cellphone ringing made her jump. checking the caller ID, she froze and numbly answered the phone.

"Hello?" she answered, her voice shaking.

"Hello, is this the wife of Lucas Carter?" the woman on the other line asked.

"Y-yes, Is he okay?" she asked as the tears ran down her cheeks. Brandon and Madison jumped up from the table and huddled around her.

"Its best you come down to the hosptial Ma'am. We can't discuss this over the phone"

"okay" she mumbled and hung up the phone. Thinking the worst, she ran upstairs grabbed Gabby and called her father.

The drive to the hospital was silent, everyone afraid of talking and left with only questions. Once Brandon pulled into the hospital parking lot, he parked and together they made their way into the hospital. Reaching the third floor, she walked up to the nurses station.

"Hi someone called me and asked me to come down. Lucas Carter is my husband" she told the nurse, her body and voice shaking.

"The Doctor will be right with you Ma'am, I'm so sorry-" before she could finish Arianna screamed and dropped to the floor. She felt her whole world stop and come crashing down as the nurse muttered those god awful words 'im sorry'.

Arianna felt strong arms wrap around her and looked up into Brandons eyes "I'm so sorry B" she muttered before everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 52.4K 48
22-year old Claire Delaney's life turns upside down following the death of her beloved father, Mark Delaney, who happens to be the CEO of Delaney Cor...
711 46 39
A 40 years old billionaire that is the ceo of many companies in the world. Is know as the most richest man and also a man who can get every women he...
753K 25.6K 37
Bianca Mendoza is a 21 year old black girl who is independent, stubborn, and out of the party life she never dated and she's not planning to. Adria...
9.1M 320K 62
Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she still tried her best not to dwell under her...