How I Met You

By modernism

"Hey." It all started with that three lettered word in a mysterious text from an unknown California... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six Teaser
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine

Chapter Six

50.6K 1.3K 183
By modernism

-Chapter Six-

I stared at my phone as it rang. Holy guacamole, I didn't expect that. At all. 

Suddenly, I was in a fit of panic, my breath quickening,  along with my heartbeat.. What should I do!? I can't just not pick up! 

I took a deep breath and calmed myself. I picked up my phone, pressing the answer button. 

"Hello?" My voice came out in an inaudible whisper. Clearing my throat, I repeated myself. "Hello?"

"Alex?" A male's voice replied. My name sounded so good coming from his mouth. 

Oh. My. Google. He's real? Well, of course he's real! I can't believe I'm talking to someone who I met  by accident. I can't even believe that we became "friends". I can't even believe-- Wait, I'm mentally babbling. 

"Jake?" I asked.

He chuckled a bit. "Yeah, this is Alex, right? Wait, stupid question. I know it's you."

Yeah, it was a stupid question. "Actually, no I'm a fifty year-old guy who lives in an ice cream truck.And my name's Berny." I smiled, wiping the palm of my left hand on my sweatpants. 

I heard him laugh from the other end of the line. "It was fifty-four, not fifty."

"Close enough, right?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"So you're not an old man?" I asked cautiously. Jake sounded far from an old guy. He sounded eighteen, as he said he was.

"I guess so. And you're not a thirteen year old girl?" he asked.

"Nope!" I popped the 'p'. 

"Question," he responded after a few moments of silence. 

"What?"

"Did you think I was a creepy old man?"

"Uh....I didn't think you were a creep... I thought you might be a creep." I laughed nervously, trying my best to lighten the mood. Someone chuckled in the background, and trust me, it was not Jake. I pushed this aside though.

I could tell he was smiling, which made me smile. "Oh, and I have another question!" he told me.

"Yes?"

"You should send me a picture of yourself. You know, then I can see what you look like." I paused, but before I could say anything, he added something else. "Not that I want to be a creep or anything. I'm just curious."

Honestly, I wanted to know what he looked like too. "That's not a question."

"Fine. May you send me a picture? Is that better?" he asked. 

I pursed my lips as I thought. Hmm... Should I? Biting my bottom lip, I replied. "S-sorry, I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because my mother once told me that if I ever meet a stranger who lives across the country, then never send them a picture."

"Pleasseeeeee?" he begged.

I sighed in defeat, not wanting to hear an eighteen year-old boy plead. "Sure. Uh, hold on a sec."

"Okay."

I walked through the small door that led into my poor excuse of an awesome bathroom, phone in hand. Right now my hair was tied up into an over-sized bun on the top of my head with loose strands hanging out. 

I should probably do something with this. I undid the hair tie, letting my long hair drop past my shoulders freely. I put my phone on speaker and began raking my fingers through my hair, trying to make it presentable. 

My face looked tired and my eyes had a hint of red in them. "I hate you, Jake," I muttered as I turned on the sink's tap. 

"What was that?" Jake's muffled voice said through the speaker. 

"Shh! You're going to wake my parents! You're on speaker, you know."

"Sorry... Well you're the one who put me on speaker!"

"Oh yeah, ha, sorry bout that." I turned the speaker off, and began splashing the cool water on my face. 

Once I looked decent,  I took my phone and went to the camera. 

Because Jake's making me waste the little time I had to do my homework, I didn't smile in the picture. He doesn't deserve it. 

Hearing Jake's muffled voice come from my phone, I held it up to my ear.

"Can you repeat that?"

"I asked if you just took the picture."

"Yes, but I didn't smile for you. I'm sending it now." I pulled my phone away from my face and pressed the send button. 

"I just got it," he replied. 

"Good to know."

There was silence for a while, but I didn't want to break it. Too bad, I did. "Jake?"

"Sorry, I was j-just looking at the picture," he stated.

"....And?"

"I think you're h—"

"Jake, you can't just say that!" I heard a female's voice say in the background.

"Who's that?" I asked. It must've been the person who I heard giggle earlier.

"That is Lily. Don't mind her, she's acting really odd and mean right now. When I asked her why, she said 'It's 'That time of the month. Mother nature calls me.' or something like that. I don't know."

I almost laughed really hard. Ah, Jake... "So what were you saying about the picture?"

"I said I think you're h—"

"Jake!" Lily squealed again. 

"I mean pretty. Yeah, I think you're pretty."

"Thanks, I guess." A sudden thought popped up in my mind. A good one, at that. "Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to send me a picture of you...?" I drawled. 

"No, beacause my beautiful face might be too much for you to handle."

"Sorry, Alex. Jake here has too much of an ego," Lily implied in the background.

She knows my name? Does that mean Jake told her about me? I suddenly felt terrible for not telling Danielle yet. It's been almost two weeks, and I bet Jake told Lily the first day he met me. 

I'm a terrible friend. It's official now. 

"I do not!" Jake protested.

"Yes, you do."

"Jake, I have to agree with Lily here," I said, inturrupting their bickering.

"You can't double team on me!" Jake practically yelled in the phone.

"Ah, Jake I hope you know you may have just deafened me.... And Alex," Lily added.

"Good."

"So about that picture...?" I reminded him.

"No, I'm not sending you one," he said flatly.

"Why not--"

"Do you have a Skype account?" 

"...Yes?" I replied. Where's he going with this?

"Do you want to Skype?" 

Hey! I really need to stop doing these annoying author's notes. I'll try lol. Okay, I'll get to the point now: This was chapter six of "How I Met You". First person to comment gets a dedication xD  Mkay. Bye!!

          ~Storylover11~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.7K 4.5K 38
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
551K 16.8K 70
"I'm going to fart on your pillow," Glen promised her, crossing his arms. "Do that and I'll tell Francis that you broke his lucky chain." Hayes mirro...
556K 2.1K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
41K 1.8K 27
Abisinden şiddet gören bi kızın kurtulmak için bulduğu çözümle kendini çekişmeli bi aşkın içinde bulur...