𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙐𝙉𝙆𝙉𝙊𝙒𝙉 𝙉𝙐𝙈�...

By illoveCyndaquill

❝ would you like to join the umbrella academy as number x? ❞ ❝ x? why x? ❞ ❝ because you can represent any of... More

-
Prologue
Chapter 1: "Mother, Can I Go To The Park?"
Chapter 2: "You Have Powers Too?"
Chapter 3: "Five Has A Girlfriend!"
Chapter 4: "I Said, You Look Cute."
Chapter 5: "It Was Just A Nightmare."
Chapter 6: "Your Uniform Looks Great On You."
Chapter 7: "I Only Like Cuddling With You."
Chapter 8: "I Don't Want You Talking To Ben Anymore."
Chapter 9: "I Won't Be Going Easy On You."
Chapter 10: "Please Don't Ever Leave Me Again."
Chapter 11: "I'll Be Right There With You."
Chapter 12: "That's One Badass Stapler!"
Chapter 13: "Like What You're Seeing, Doll?"
Chapter 14: Promises Were Made To Be Broken."
Chapter 16: "Everything Happens For A Reason."
Chapter 17: "Morning Delores."
Chapter 18: "Leather? Kinky."
Chapter 19: "Well, It Would If You Were Smarter."
Chapter 20: "It's A Date."
Chapter 21: "It'll Be Just Like Old Times, Doll."
Chapter 22: "I Think I Might Actually Love You."
Chapter 23: "You're The Best Sister Ever!"
Chapter 24: "You Look Hot Like This."
Chapter 25: "You Must Be Horny As Hell!"
Chapter 26: "You're So Gorgeous."
*IMPORTANT* please read !!
Chapter 27: "You're Someone I Don't Want Getting Hurt."
update
surprise!

Chapter 15: Thoughts

10.2K 297 528
By illoveCyndaquill

status: unedited

▪♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪

Key
Normal - Y/N
Bold - Vanya
Underlined - Reginald
Italic - Five

I walk past Y/N's room, only to see Mom picking up a tray of food from the floor. It seems like she's barely touched her meal. Mom replaces the lunch tray with a dinner tray, smiles sadly at me and heads downstairs.

I knock on Number X's door gently. It's been a week since Five left and ever since the six of us tucked her into her bed she hasn't left the bedroom.

She doesn't reply. I sigh and whisper through the keyhole "Y/N, I'm here for you. We love you and miss you. Please come out soon." She doesn't say anything but the sound of quiet sniffling alerts me that she heard my message.

I return to my room, carrying my smuggled ingredients. Ever since Five left, I've been making his favourite fluffernutter sandwiches and leaving them on the stairs. I've also been keeping the lights switched on.

I don't really do it because I particularly want to see Five. I do it for Y/N. She deserves to see him and for him to apologise.

Nowadays, I've grown to dislike Five slightly. We used to be rather close, before Y/N arrived, but he would never open up to me. I was glad when Y/N came because Five's moods were too much for me to handle.

I don't like Five not because he stopped spending time with me, it's because he left Y/N. She loved him, everyone could see it except him. He just dumped her years of friendship for time traveling.

Y/N deserves the world, and personally I think she's far too good for Five.

• ♤ • ♤ • ♤ •

I sit at my table with my brows furrowed. I am deep in thought, pondering whether Number Five would be able to return to this time period.

I had told the silly boy he was not prepared. Yet he had ignored me. It is probable he is currently trapped in another century. If he had listened, he would still be here.

Then there was the problem of Number X. The girl had refused to leave her room, preferring to stay huddled up doing goodness knows what. However, I have not forced her to train. I do understand grief, no matter how monstrous I may seem.

In my own way, I do have the children's best interests in mind.

I spared a glance to the flickering television screen, which was periodically switching between all the children, showing their vitals. A loud beeping noise jerked me out of my thoughts, and I realised the camera had turned to Number X.

Her power range was incredibly high, even higher than Number Seven's. It was rather shocking, and I occasionally worried for her health.

I had not noticed any multicoloured explosions from her room, so I assumed she had learned to control her power. Then I stumbled upon another possibility.

What if Number X had untapped power reserves, and they could only be awakened by the experience of extreme emotions?

I sigh and tap my chin. I ha to choose between torturing her to provoke her powers further, or allowing her to figure it out herself.

After many minutes, I conclude that it is not to my benefit to torture her as she may burn out far too early. For the sake of the world, I must ensure these children are at peak health.

A shiver runs down my spine as I stare at the screen and recall how Number X had threatened to murder me when she had just arrived. She must forever stick to the path of good, for if she ever turned to evil...

No corner of the world would be able to survive her wrath.

• ♤ • ♤ • ♤ •

I scream in rage as the blue light surrounding my fists fizzle out once again. My powers are not working, and I am trapped in an apocalyptic world.

I look at the surroundings I haven't familiarised myself with yet. Dust swirls around the wreckage, and rats scuttle in and out of every nook and cranny.

It is all my fault, if I'm being honest. I am the boy who ran away from my home, the boy who ran from his wonderful family, the boy who ran from the girl who loved him.

All I wanted was to get away from the horrible guilt that constricted my chest and weighed upon me like a terrible sin. I hadn't meant to kill that man, and everyone had tried to convince me that.

But I had watched the light leave his eyes. And I knew I would be haunted by that forever.

When I arrived here, I had been terrified. I was so scared of where I was, now my only desire was to return. But I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried.

And to add insult to injury, I had discovered the deceased bodies of my family members. I had wept for them, but mainly I had sobbed for Y/N.

She had been beautiful. She had been kind, funny and sweet. She had been the most perfect girl in the world.

But I had left her. It was my fault and now I was stuck in this wasteland and I would most likely never see her again.

I had loved her. I didn't realise how much until I left her. But I didn't know how to express myself. And I was nervous that she wouldn't want a tainted boy like me.

She probably hates me now. And for good

Now, all I can do is try to survive and do whatever it takes to get back home. I also have to sort out my feelings for Y/N.

Now that I'm away from her, will absence make the heart grow fonder or will she be out of sight, out of mind?

• ♤ • ♤ • ♤ •

Who am I? Someone that's afraid to let go. I'm scared. Scared of forgetting Five, the moments we spent together, and who he used to be.

I've been sitting in my room without going out for a week. I haven't even nibbled on the food Mom lovingly places outside the door.

Surprisingly, I don't feel hungry. I just feel numb. It's like a great gaping void has opened up inside me and gobbled up all my emotions.

I miss Five so much it hurts. I don't even know why I miss him when he chose to leave me.

I miss his warm green eyes, his sudden spacial jumps to try and scare me, the way he laughed, the way he did everything, basically.

I've been wondering if there's something wrong with me. Everyone in my life has either hated me at one point or simply walked out.

I'm jerked out of my thoughts by the sound of whispering through the keyhole. It sounds like Vanya's voice "Y/N, I'm here for you. We love you and miss you."

I burst into tears at her kindness and although I try to smother my sobs, they're still pretty audible. In that moment of sadness, I reached a sudden point of clarity.

What am I doing, wasting my time here in this silly room? I don't have to care about a boy who probably never liked me. I love me, and that's what's important.

A tiny voice in my head murmurs that I still love Five, deep down. But I quench it mercilessly, and lock it away in a corner of my heart.

I sit at the dresser, and pull out a tube of black eyeliner. It's a souvenir of one of our more recent midnight escapades. Carefully, I stare at the mirror and outline my eyes.

Once satisfied, I inhale a calm breath. I am my own person, and I don't need a useless boy to complete me.

Reminding myself that one final time, I unlock the door and step into the corridor.

A/N hi y'all! 👋 so many things have been happening lmao idk what to start with 😥 first off, thank you so much for over 9k reads!!! I can't believe more than 9000 people have read this book; the number is flipping unbelievable! Thank you all so much❤💛💚💙💜💖💞 next, I wanna mention that a lot of people have been commenting "omg they're 8", "why are they doing this they're so young", etc. idk if I have said this before and I'm sorry if I haven't; but I never made the characters do anything too inappropriate, the book will edited upon completion, and they have an 👏OLDER 👏MENTALITY 👏. also, I'm super thankful for all of your hilarious and sweet comments 💕💝 next up, i have apparently made a random instagram account just to post random pics and quotes. go follow it @seaside_styles. 😂sorry for the self promo oof. now,

Song Lyric Answers for Chapter 14

Song: Me and My Broken Heart - Rixton

Book Line: but underneath it all, there's nothing left but the jagged pieces of me and my broken heart.

Song Line: A little but I'm hoping it might kick start, me and my broken heart.

anyways, I have nothing else to say lol except ily guys so much ❤💛💚💙💜💖💞🎀💕💝 like y'all have no idea.

give me some constructive criticism and feedback in the comments; I really appreciate it. I wouldn't have found a lot of the typos if it wasn't for you guys. however, please make sure it is polite 😊😁

what's your favourite song atm? comment and tell me 💋💌🐘 also if you want me to make a banner for you like the one below, just dm me for details :)

lots of love❤💛💚💙💜🤣💕💋💌🐘💝🎀🎉💞,

☆*♡Over and Out♡*☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420 32 25
S2 Of Umbrella Academy🌹🔥 |Part 2 of Fire and Flame| Siblings live their own lives in the 60s and then there's an upcoming apocalypse. Shit. SAME WE...
312 32 8
A Five x OC, Umbrella Academy read! Started: 02/28/2024 Finish: 00/00/0000 Summary: A/N: the story is probably written better than this summary. 😭 A...
389K 12.3K 43
in which five hargreeves is reunited with an old "friend" ten days before the end of the world. or in which inanna hope helps save the world while me...
272K 5.6K 42
(NUMBER FIVE x OC): COMPLETE Book Started: March of 2019 (03.00.19) Book Ended: May of 2019 (05.28.19) Edited: December of 2020 HIGHEST RANKING: #1...