Mother of Wolves (Game of Thr...

By winter-queens

Valyria Stark is the daughter of Lord Eddard Stark and Lady Catelyn Stark as well as the twin of Robb Stark... More

Mother of Wolves (Game of Thrones)
The Royal Party Arrives
A Feast Fit For A King (Hunter)
Westeros and Magic (Allister)
I Can Still Stand (Valyria)
A Day To Go (Hunter and Valyria)
Illegitimate (Allister)
We Say Goodbye (Valyria)
Another Unexpected Visitor (Valyria and Allister)
King's Landing (Valyria)
Tourney of the Hand (Hunter)
Did I Do Something Wrong? (Valyria)
King's Landing Politics (Hunter and Valyria)
Beneath the Dungeons (Allister)
Life Is Such A Fragile Thing (Hunter)
Returning Home (Valyria)
This is War (Valyria)
Bloodshed (Valyria)
Oaths or Friends (Allister)
The Fall of the Righteous (Hunter)
Pain (Valyria)
Imprisonment (Valyria)
The Price We Pay (Valyria)
Joffrey's Name Day (Hunter)
Negotiation (Valyria)
Savage Betrayal (Valyria)
Riots (Hunter)
Weaknesses (Valyria)
Rapid Loss (Valyria)
Welcome to War (Hunter)
It Is Not The Only Way (Valyria)
Anger and Idiocy (Valyria)
Stepping Down (Allister)
Wake (Hunter)
Treason and Murder (Valyria)
Blood Tears (Valyria)
Sequel
New Fan Fiction

The Way To Dinner (Valyria)

1.1K 41 7
By winter-queens

We were on our way to The Twins now, as Robb had decided to marry Uncle Edmure to a Frey girl and did not bother to tell me. This had put me in a bad mood and I had even agreed with Mother on the fact that although Lord Frey always wanted a Tully to marry one of his children, he wanted Robb to marry a daughter of his even more. He wanted a king, not a high lord.

Brandon had tried to calm me down when I stormed into my tent, letting the tears slip out. He had held me as I cried and revealed that I thought that Robb no longer trusted me and did not need me, as Talisa was all he wanted. Whenever I tried to speak to my brother, he would try to keep the conversation off of war or family and on the topic of how well Talisa and I got on.

Even Brandon had agreed, which hardly ever happened. Usually he just stayed quiet, even if he had to say something to stop the arguing. If Brandon was agreeing with me and actually saying so, then I was right. Robb no longer needed me or wanted me by his side.

I was now sitting in my tent, resting my head on Brandon's chest and wiping the tears from my eyes. I could hear someone walking around outside, as it was raining and there was a lot of mud. Their boots squelched in the mud and I could hear them getting closer.

My dagger rested on the table next to me, so I grabbed that and gripped it, prepared to fight. I doubted it was necessary, but you could never be too carefully. Especially when you are at war with a brother who will not ask his councillers to agree with him, in fear of being told no or some stupid reason like that.

As if summoned by my thoughts, Robb and Talisa walked into the room. They were both beaming, but Talisa seemed a little nervous and hesitant. I sat up and sheathed the dagger. It was only out of it's little sheath so I could rest with Brandon, who had just awoken.

"Valyria, we have something to tell you," Robb informed me. "Talisa, you should tell her."

"I have your brother's child in me," Talisa stated, happily.

I just sat there, staring at them. One part of me felt happy, another was concerned for Talisa and the life inside of her, but the third part of me was angry. War was not the place for love, let alone a fucking child who would just further distract Robb.

My brother became saddened when I did not speak, but I turned away so I could sort myself out. I took a few deep breaths and walked over to them, so I could speak to them properly. Brandon stood back a bit, but offered them both a warm smile.

"Congratulations," I said, hugging Talisa and Robb. "I suppose there will be another little Stark running around soon enough."

"I wish to speak to you," Robb told me. No one moved. "In private." Still no movement. "Brandon, escort Talisa back to the tent and have guards watch her. Then I want you to get some rest. I need to speak to my sister in private."

Brandon did as he was instructed, but Talisa hesitated, watching me carefully. Robb ensured her that she would be fine, so then she left with Brandon. I watched carefully as Robb took a seat. I followed him and sat across from him.

He tried to look me in the eyes, but I would not let him. I was not going to confess that I was angry with him just because he gave me one of his sad looks. Robb needed to realize that I was not as weak as he had thought. I would not melt, as I do the melting.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" I asked, coldly. "Do you want to boss me around and break our not-so-little agreement about being in this together again?"

"I want to apologize for that," Robb insisted, taking my hands in his. "Please, Valyria. I will begin to need you more than ever. Lord Frey will not be kind or forgiving, especially since we are taking so long. I now know we need to stand together. I have made too many mistakes, but you have made none."

"We will work together, brother," I agreed, giving in. "Be careful with what you say. Lord Frey will not be as forgiving as you think."

Robb nodded and left my room. I went to bed with a dagger under my pillow.

***

We were walking through the halls of the Twins, so Robb could greet Lord Walder Frey. Brandon held my hand until we entered the room. He needed some comfort and so did I. There was this bad feeling that was haunting me.

As we walked into the hall, Brandon's hand rested on the hilt of his sword, as did mine. Lord Frey and his daughters and granddaughters were all in the hall, waiting for us. I nudged Robb gently and he just nodded at me.

Lord Frey stood up as we walked closer. I noticed that Robb stood beside Talisa, which was a bad idea right now. She should not even be here. We did not want to rub it in Lord Frey's face. I worry he would snap and have us all killed.

"My honored guests, be welcome within my walls and at my table," Lord Frey welcomed, being oddly kind. "I extend to you my hospitality and protection in the light of the Seven."

"We thank you for your hospitality, my lord," I said, calmly.

"I have come to make my apologies, my lord, and to beg your forgiveness," Robb stated.

"Do not beg my forgiveness, Your Grace," Lord Frey insisted. "It was not me you spurned. It was my girls as one of them were meant to be queen. Now none of them are. This is Arwyen, one of my daughters. My daughter Walda, my daughter Derwa, my daughter Waldra. My eldest granddaughters, Ginia and Neila. Serra and Sarra, granddaughters, twins. You could have had either. Could have had both for all I care. My granddaughters Marianne, Freya and Merry. Here is my youngest daughter Shirei, though she has not bled yet. Clearly you do not have the patience for all that."

"My ladies," Robb said, addressing them all politely. "All men should keep their word, kings most of all. I was pledged to marry one of you and I broke that vow. The fault is not with you. Any man would be very lucky to have any one of you. I did what I did not to slight you, but because I loved another and it would not be right to hurt one of you like that. I know these words cannot set right the wrong I have done to you and your house. I beg your forgiveness and pledge to do all I can to make amends so the Freys of the Crossing and the Starks of Winterfell may one again be friends."

"Very good. There she is." Lord Frey looked directly at Talisa. "Let me have a look at you." Talisa moved forward. "Still cannot see you. Old eyes."

Talisa walked right forward and I went to follow her, but Mother placed a hand on my shoulder and then shook her head. She was right. Talisa should not even be here, so following her up would be a further insult.

"Love. That is what the Starks of Winterfell call it, eh?" He laughed, angering Robb. "Very honorable. I call it a pretty face. Mmm, very pretty. Prettier than this lot, that is for sure. Very shapely as well." Walder Frey knew this angered Robb further and just smirked. "Oh, you try to hide her under that dress. If you wanted to hide her, you should not have brought her here in the first place. I can always see what is going on beneath a dress. Been at this a long time. I bet when you take that dress of, everything stays right where it is. Does not drop an inch."

"Talisa is a queen, my lord," I stated. "Please, speak with more respect. I beg it of you."

"Your king says he betrayed me for love," Lord Frey continued, ignoring me entirely. "I say he betrayed me for firm tits and a tight fit and I can respect that. When I was your age, I would have broken 50 oaths to get into that without a second thought." Lord Frey now looked at me. "Now let me look at the Mother of Wolves."

As I went to move forward, Robb reached to stop me. I pulled out of his grip and moved forward. I was thankful that Brandon followed me up two steps, but then stopped. If needed, he could move to my side and help me out.

Lord Frey's eyes moved all over my body, making me uncomfortable. Unlike most, who only looked at me for a moment or two longer than usual, Lord Frey did not care. His eyes did not leave me as I stood there, looking around the hall, nervously.

I stood there, feeling uncomfortable and violated. Robb made a small, concerned and angry noise, but Brandon grabbed his arm before he could move. Mother nodded at Brandon before waiting for Walder Frey to say something.

"Very, very nice," He said, making me even more uncomfortable. "You were pretty before, but not you really are the woman they say you are. Every man in the Seven Kingdoms must want to get into that. I would love to. You can feel them staring at you all the time, even when you are in armor, right? The Girl With the Wolves really has become the Mother of Wolves."

"My Lord, I was always the Mother of Wolves," I told him, politely. "It was a title given to me when I won the tourney when my father was the Hand of the King."

"Of course," he covered, his eyes still glued to me. "Men used to praise Cersei Lannister on her beauty, but she is but a flickering flame when compared to you." He looked back to Robb. "Well, I have enough room in the hall for you lot. We will set up tents outside with food and ale for the rest of your men."

"Thank you, my lord," Robb responded.

"Well, let's get ready," Walder Frey insisted. "The wine will flow red and the music will play loud and we will put this mess behind us."

Something seemed off, especially as we were led to our rooms. I did not speak, as I still felt as if people were staring at me, but I shrugged it off. After tonight, all would have to be well and we would take the castle of Casterly Rock for House Stark...

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys :)

So, this update and the last one have been short, but the next one is the Red Wedding. I am so upset to write this, as Robb was my favorite character. I sobbed when he died and I struggle to watch earlier episodes with him in it because it breaks my heart.

So, after this there will be another book called Magic, Power and Glory. The name is based of Lana Del Rey's song Money, Power, Glory, which is on the side if you want to listen to it. It's going to continue on from where I finish this, but with a slight time-jump.

I don't want to give too much away, so I'm going to go and write the final chapter now. I'm going to cry while writing it and I know it.

- Izzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 115 12
❝Lady Clarysse Baratheon of Storm's End, was a Lady that loved with all her being, she was the kindest person to have graced the Halls of the Red Kee...
42.2K 1.8K 30
𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 Lady Elowen of House Stark, first born daughter, second child of Lord Eddard Stark and Lady Catelyn Tully, knew her position and sta...
5.4K 113 23
When the Princess of Westeros leaves King's Landing and arrives at Winterfell for the first time in her life she immediately hates the future Warden...
319K 6K 92
"They call her the Queen in the North. And They say she's as wild as a she wolf, with vengeance on her lips" Elonar Stark the third born child of Lor...