The Way To Dinner (Valyria)

We were on our way to The Twins now, as Robb had decided to marry Uncle Edmure to a Frey girl and did not bother to tell me. This had put me in a bad mood and I had even agreed with Mother on the fact that although Lord Frey always wanted a Tully to marry one of his children, he wanted Robb to marry a daughter of his even more. He wanted a king, not a high lord.

Brandon had tried to calm me down when I stormed into my tent, letting the tears slip out. He had held me as I cried and revealed that I thought that Robb no longer trusted me and did not need me, as Talisa was all he wanted. Whenever I tried to speak to my brother, he would try to keep the conversation off of war or family and on the topic of how well Talisa and I got on.

Even Brandon had agreed, which hardly ever happened. Usually he just stayed quiet, even if he had to say something to stop the arguing. If Brandon was agreeing with me and actually saying so, then I was right. Robb no longer needed me or wanted me by his side.

I was now sitting in my tent, resting my head on Brandon's chest and wiping the tears from my eyes. I could hear someone walking around outside, as it was raining and there was a lot of mud. Their boots squelched in the mud and I could hear them getting closer.

My dagger rested on the table next to me, so I grabbed that and gripped it, prepared to fight. I doubted it was necessary, but you could never be too carefully. Especially when you are at war with a brother who will not ask his councillers to agree with him, in fear of being told no or some stupid reason like that.

As if summoned by my thoughts, Robb and Talisa walked into the room. They were both beaming, but Talisa seemed a little nervous and hesitant. I sat up and sheathed the dagger. It was only out of it's little sheath so I could rest with Brandon, who had just awoken.

"Valyria, we have something to tell you," Robb informed me. "Talisa, you should tell her."

"I have your brother's child in me," Talisa stated, happily.

I just sat there, staring at them. One part of me felt happy, another was concerned for Talisa and the life inside of her, but the third part of me was angry. War was not the place for love, let alone a fucking child who would just further distract Robb.

My brother became saddened when I did not speak, but I turned away so I could sort myself out. I took a few deep breaths and walked over to them, so I could speak to them properly. Brandon stood back a bit, but offered them both a warm smile.

"Congratulations," I said, hugging Talisa and Robb. "I suppose there will be another little Stark running around soon enough."

"I wish to speak to you," Robb told me. No one moved. "In private." Still no movement. "Brandon, escort Talisa back to the tent and have guards watch her. Then I want you to get some rest. I need to speak to my sister in private."

Brandon did as he was instructed, but Talisa hesitated, watching me carefully. Robb ensured her that she would be fine, so then she left with Brandon. I watched carefully as Robb took a seat. I followed him and sat across from him.

He tried to look me in the eyes, but I would not let him. I was not going to confess that I was angry with him just because he gave me one of his sad looks. Robb needed to realize that I was not as weak as he had thought. I would not melt, as I do the melting.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" I asked, coldly. "Do you want to boss me around and break our not-so-little agreement about being in this together again?"

"I want to apologize for that," Robb insisted, taking my hands in his. "Please, Valyria. I will begin to need you more than ever. Lord Frey will not be kind or forgiving, especially since we are taking so long. I now know we need to stand together. I have made too many mistakes, but you have made none."