'Cannon Fodder Will Rise!'Sys...

By B1ackDiA

Yun LiFan who used to look down from the top is now working like a slave just because she was dragged and bou... More

Prologue
Arc1.1
Arc1.2
Arc1.3
Arc1.4
Notice
Arc1.5
Arc1.6
Arc1.7
Arc1.8
Arc1.9
Arc1.10
Arc1.11
Arc1.12
Arc1.13
Arc1.14
Arc1.15
Notice
Arc2.1
Arc2.2
Arc2.3
Arc2.4
Arc2.5
Arc2.6
Arc2.7
Arc2.8
Arc2.9
Arc2.10
Arc2.11
Arc2.12
Arc2.13
Arc2.14
Arc2.15
Author's Corner
Arc2.16
Arc2.17
Arc2.18
Arc2.19
Arc2.20
Arc2.21
Arc2.22
Arc2.23
Arc2.24
Arc2.25
Arc 3.1
Arc 3.2
Arc 3.3
Arc 3.4
Arc 3.5
Arc 3.6
Arc 3.7
Not an update
Arc 3.8
Arc 3.9
Arc 3.10
Arc 3.11
Arc 3.12
Arc 3.13
Arc 3.15
Arc 3.16
Arc 3.17

Arc 3.14

12.3K 742 118
By B1ackDiA

The banquet started with fairies dancing. There were seven beautiful women dressed in translucent white robe elegantly dancing along with beautiful music but the crowd simply didn’t have the heart to admire them.

How come they never heard that the Emperor has found a lover?

And did he want to indirectly tell them who is their future Empress by doing this?

But that didn’t seem right either ...Didn't he detest Ger for all this time? So why did he title a Ger to be his empress?

All of the ministers thought hard until their hair turned white but still couldn’t find the answer so they involuntarily sneaked a glance at the Advisor.

Since only him was appropriated to ask the Emperor!

Unfortunately, the moment they saw Tian Bingyi leisurely drank his wine as he watched the show, a realization was drawn to them.

It seemed that this person already knew who he is so he won’t ask the Emperor in their behalf…

Therefore, they turned their heads to look at the left prime minister. They all had a thought that this sly fox wouldn’t sit still just like them!

But to their disappointment, Yi Xiang actually had his usual composure as he silently watched the show looking like he was not bothered at all.

Everyone,’’……’’Is there no drama to watch today?

To answer their question, it is a yes.

The important characters didn’t do anything so the crowd was left to have a sleepless night tonight.

The next performance would be performed by the young ladies who wanted to show off their talents to catch the Emperor’s eye.

Initially, they were so hyped about this event but the moment they looked at the Ger’s beautiful countenance and how the Emperor didn’t even take his eyes off him for even a second, they instantly lost their confidence.

Tian Bingyi was enjoying the look of those people but he couldn’t smile anymore when he saw Yi Zifeng’s expression.

To be honest, the moment her eyes caught sight of another person sat close to that person, her entire body froze. Her impression of him was that an aloof immortal who was unattainable, cold yet attractive. Anyone who caught his eyes would be the luckiest person in the world.

But that person is not her….

And this thought suffocated her to the point where she wanted to go away so that she wouldn’t need to witness them being together.

Yi Zifeng didn’t know what to do so she continued to drink one cup after another until a powerful grip caught her wrist followed by a pleasing voice,’’Enough. You will be drunk at this rate.’’

She coldly said,’’Let go.’’

Tian Bingyi raised an eyebrow,’’Did you forget who is the Master here?’’

Hearing this, her lips instantly pursed into a straight line but she was still smart enough not to make a scene, therefore, she complied and stopped drinking.

Tian Bingyi was not reassured so he moved the wine away from her and poured water for her to drink instead.

He then spoke in a stern voice,’’Don’t let me catch you drinking afterward or else I will personally deal with you.’’

Since he too felt uncomfortable seeing her heart ached for someone else.

On the other side, Lifan cleverly avoided being stuffed to death by picking some dishes for the man in return with a beautiful smile,’’Your Majesty, how about you have some of this? It is really delicious!’’

Feeling overwhelmed, Muchen happily ate the food picked by him and drank the wine poured by him, completely forgot about everyone else.

Unlike Lifan who didn’t get to finish his food, Muchen finished everything even though it was a dish that he didn’t like so Lifan finally realized that it was useless to get back at him this way.

Didn’t want to make it seemed like Muchen was an irresponsible host, Lifan turned his focus to the performances instead.

At this time of the banquet, there should be a fierce competition between those young ladies by now but this time, it really felt like a normal talent show.

Feeling bored, he secretly glanced at the female lead only to see that she was wolfing down her food like she just got starved while Tian Bingyi was there to pour water for her and occasionally patted her back.

Lifan suddenly felt like this female lead was not as bad as those previous female leads. According to the trajectory of the female lead’s line of thought, he might meet with her resentful gaze by now.

By the time, Lifan retracted his gaze back to the stage, a new performance was about to begin.

His eyesight was excellent so he could see the performer’s face from afar. The moment, his eyes landed on a handsome middle-aged man’s face which led the troupe over, he instantly froze.

Fuck! That is An Feiran’s father!

In the original storyline, he was not present because at that time he was busy looking for his son that went missing for a long time. But this time though, Lifan made sure that his family knew that he was still kicking and alive thus he let Mei do him a favor and sent his letter to them some time ago.

However, he didn’t mention that he was currently acting as the Emperor’s bodyguard in the letter!

He really didn’t want to know what An Yirou would feel upon seeing his missing son currently sitting on the Empress chair!

Muchen has always had his eyes on the person beside him so he immediately noticed his abnormality to which he worriedly asked,’’What’s wrong?’’

Lifan deepened his frown as his back slightly hunched down while hugging his stomach, he embarrassingly said,’’I ate a bit too much so my stomach felt unwell. Can I leave first?’’

Of course, Muchen wouldn’t joke around with his safety so he instantly gathered him into his arms and quickly stormed off from the main hall while giving order to One,’’Summon Physician Du.’’

He then said to the bewildered crowd,’’We will leave first.’’

Lifan hurriedly buried his face into his chest to hide his face so that his father wouldn’t see him.

Of course, An Yirou would never imagine that his spoiled son was currently in the Emperor’s arms, therefore, he was only curious for a bit then continued to do his job as the performer.

Only when they finally left behind the crowd did Lifan cleared his throat and said,’’Your Majesty, I’m fine now.’’

Muchen glanced down at him, his eyes were overflowed with concern,’’Really?’’

Seeing this, Lifan felt a bit guilty for lying to him so he unconsciously reassured him,’’I ate too fast so I’m just having indigestion. A bit of walking will be fine.’’

After observing his face and saw that nothing was amiss, Muchen’s mind can be put at ease and he reluctantly put him down.

‘’Be sure to tell me if you feel uncomfortable anywhere.’’

Hearing that the man didn’t address himself as ‘Us’ Lifan internally sighed.

Say three words and I’m yours so why don’t you say it!

He’s afraid that this fool would die out of guilt if everything went according to his plan!

After all, he almost died because of him at the beginning.

Therefore, to avoid the worst scenario Lifan decided to put some distance between them to make Muchen felt more desperate.

He opened his mouth to say,’’Your Majesty, I have a request.’’

Hearing this, Muchen was happy since his little one has never requested anything from him before,’’Mm.’’

‘’I want to go back.’’

Muchen abruptly stopped the moment he heard this. He turned to fix his gaze on the person beside him,’’Say it again.’’

The Ger seemed to be a bit thrown off by his intimidating aura but he still mustered his courage to say,’’I have been away from home for a while already so I want to see my parents….’’

Hearing his explanation, Muchen slightly calmed down,’’How long?’’

His meaning was clear, no matter what he needed to come back to him.

Lifan knew this so he didn’t push him too far in case he wasn’t allowed to go out.

‘’1 week.’’

Muchen contemplated a bit then negotiated,’’5 days.’’

Knowing that this was his limit, Lifan agreed with him.

‘’When will you leave?’’

Lifan bluntly said,’’Tomorrow.’’

Although Muchen didn’t want to let him go, he still indifferently nodded his head acting like he was not affected in the slightest bit.

He internally thought: It is only 5 days, there is nothing to fuss about.

However, Muchen soon found out that he couldn’t even last for half a day without him.

Lifan left in the break of dawn with the excuse of not wanting others to see him so he didn’t even get to eat breakfast with his lover as usual.

Muchen thought that he was used to being alone so he would be fine but strangely enough, he felt extremely empty.

It is strange that just one single person missing can make you feel this way….

He began to wonder how did he live up until now without him by his side.

On the other side, Lifan recalled An Feiran's memories and quickly found his way home. However, he did not enter upon arriving.

According to his memory, An Feiran’s mother was a tigress, you see…..

The system who has always been silent for all this time nonchalantly added oil to the fire,’’His mother is the one who wears the pants in this family. He is a Ger but could effortlessly beat the crap out of men even An Yirou didn’t dare to talk back to him.’’

Lifan nervously gulped down his saliva. Actually, this was the first time that he needed to act like a real son so he was a bit unsure of what to do.

Seeing his hesitation, Mei worriedly asked him,’’Young Master An, why aren’t you go in?’’

In return, Lifan gave a dry laugh then said,’’Whatever happens next, do not get involved and also do not mention anything relating to the palace, okay?’’

Mei confusingly nodded her head.

Finally, Lifan stepped out from the small alley and walked toward the gate. A servant who was sweeping in front of the gate spotted him and his eyes immediately widened in shock.

Instead of rushing to his young master, the servant rushed back inside then loudly shouted at the top of his lungs,’’Master!!! Young Master is back!!!!’’

Lifan,’’……’’You don’t have to announce my arrival like in the palace!

Nevertheless, he quickly entered and blocked his mouth while speaking through his gritted teeth,’’You, be quiet!’’

However, it was a futile effort as hurried footsteps were soon heard and Lifan warily looked toward that direction.

A man with delicate face wore a plain black robe dashed to their location and the moment he saw Lifan, he angrily shouted,’’You stay right there!’’

Lifan would be a fool to stay still so he quickly ran away.

Li Shao saw his son ran away so he picked up his speed and chased after him while loudly shouted,’’You brat still dare to run away!’’

Lifan shouted back,’’I’m not a fool to become a fish on the chopping board waiting to be slaughtered!’’

Li Shao coldly smiled,’’Good, good. Don’t let me catch you or else you will be in deep trouble!’’

Therefore, today An household was lively since the early morning as the two ran around all over the place.

Mei who was dumbfounded upon seeing her respectful young master suddenly became like this,’’……’’

Two who was thinking on how to write his report to His Majesty,’’……’’

After chasing for another while, Li Shao was too tired that he finally stopped to catch his breath so Lifan also stopped at a safe distance away from him.

He hesitatingly asked,’’Mother, are you okay?’’

Li Shao glared at him then sneered,’’And here I thought that you already forgot that you still have parents!’’

Hearing this, Lifan helplessly said,’’Mother, I know that I was wrong but didn’t I explain everything before I left?’’

Li Shao straightened his back then put his hands on his hips,’’ About what you said that you are going to find a rich son-in-law for me?’’

Lifan pretended to be a fool and exclaimed,’’I said that?’’

‘’Don’t pretend to be a fool and immediately spill everything!’’

‘’It was just a joke. How about drinking a cup of tea to calm yourself down?’’

Li Shao coldly humphed but still walked into the main hall. Lifan heaved a sigh in relief then signaled the dumbfounded Mei to follow him inside.

Only after getting in did Li Shao saw Mei who obediently followed after his son so he asked,’’Who are you?’’

Mei had already been told beforehand by Lifan not to reveal her identity so she politely replied,’’My name is Mei. I am his friend who he has been staying with for all this time. Sorry for the late introduction.’’

‘’Since when did you know him?’’

‘’We hung out once in a while when he went shopping.’’

Li Shao wanted to interrogate her more but Lifan quickly cut in,’’Mother, you are scaring her so stop interrogate her like a criminal.’’

‘’Okay, let’s talk about you then. You are engaged to Young Master Luo.’’

Lifan exclaimed in shock,"Since when?!"

"He fell in love with you at first sight in your previous perfomance so he came to ask for your hand in marriage last week."

"You agreed?"

Li Shao sipped his tea then replied,"Not yet but seeing that you are so eagerly wanting a husband I might reconsider!"

Lifan hurriedly shook his head,"I don't want to get engaged!"

Seeing him quickly denied this opportunity of being the official wife of a wealthy family which was so unlike him, Li Shao doubtfully asked,"You already knew that Young Master Luo is from a rich family and he is also famous for his handsome face so why you didn't even hesitate one bit to refuse him?"

Lifan internally lamented: You might implicate an innocent life by having him engaged to me ah!

However, when he was about to say something Mei who firmly supported her Master with him already beat him to it.

‘’Young Master An already has a lover but he is a bit busy so he will be arriving late!’’

Lifan,’’……’’I think I'm the one who will be implicated.

Li Shao was shell shocked upon hearing her saying this, he turned to look at his son in disbelief.

His son…..was not joking about finding him a son-in-law?!

Lifan wanted to further explain himself but Li Shao made himself clear that he wouldn't listen to anything that he was going to say.

‘’An Feiran! Bring that bastard here right this instant!’’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 1.9K 43
What a person desires is to have name,fame,power of money Abhay Oberoi,he was known as the king of business world ,a man who can turn table in his fa...
KASHI By stuckinatale

General Fiction

356K 17.8K 41
"So, Mrs. Kashi Abhay Pratap Singh..chalte hai. Goodbye..". Saying this, he left her broken in this world of betrayal. ~~~~~~~~~~ Kashi, a simple gir...
167K 9.8K 39
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
107K 3.4K 34
Nollani is a 21 year old student, she has a big personality that only the closest know. She's very independent but very deep down wants a mommy to de...