Teaching Love

By OriginalBeliever

Two teachers, Mr.Locksley and Ms.Mills, are excited to start teaching side by side this new year. However, th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Five

704 32 18
By OriginalBeliever

She woke up and was met with the cool scent of pine. It made her smile as she kept her eyes closed and buried her face deeper into the soft cotton of his shirt. His shirt?! Regina opened her eyes and came face to chest with Robin. She forgot he spent the night! What day was it anyways? Was she late for work? Again?

"Good morning, Regina," Robin said once he felt her stirring.

The two were on the couch and she was resting comfortably on top of him. His hands were wrapped around her waist and he looked completely content to hold her there. She, on the other hand, was beginning to internally freak out about the whole situation.

"Um, morning," she said as she slowly got up from the couch. "I honestly forgot that you stayed the night. I don't quite remember how that all happened actually."

Robin chuckled as he sat up on the couch and stretched his arms out. "I remember the details quite vividly actually. We were kissing and you gave me the best kiss of my life by the way. There was a moment when I was just holding you, we were talking and then you fell asleep on me. I guess I'm not as interesting as I hoped I was."

"Robin, I'm so sorry," Regina said with a little laugh. "I love your company and I think I was just a little tired last night. Can I make you breakfast?"

Robin got up from the couch and walked over to where she was standing. He brushed the hair out of her face before wrapping his arms around her waist. She noticed how comfortable she felt with him and was a bit proud of herself. His hands were occupied as he played with her soft curls and she smiled at him.

"How about I make you breakfast instead? I make a mean french toast," he teased as he rubbed his nose against hers making her laugh.

"Okay, you can make me french toast only if I can make you dinner another time."

"It's a deal, gorgeous," he said before pecking her lips. "You're very gorgeous."

"Thank you."

Her cheeks were turning a shade of pink as she looked up at him. This man was making her heartbeat stop and quicken up at the same time. She kissed him once more before telling him that she was going to freshen up quickly and come back for breakfast.

*****

Once Regina was out the bathroom she was hit in the face with the overwhelming smell of cinnamon. Her whole apartment smelt warm and soft and gooey like the french toast Robin was cooking. She was in a fresh change of clothes, just a soft sweater and a pair of leggings. Her hair was still a little wet from her shower and was curling a little bit. It was left this way in hopes of catching Robin's attention which she knew it would.

Regina slowly made her way into the kitchen and smiled as she watched Robin cook. He was wearing her apron which was too small for him and that made her laugh a little. She leaned on the wall of the kitchen and watched him hum as he flipped over the french toast.

"You look handsome in that apron," she said, mostly to herself as she admired the man in front of her.

Robin turned his head and gave her a quick little smile before going back to work. She pushed herself off the wall and walked up behind him, slipping her hands under his arms and around his waist. Her head was resting on his arm as she watched him cook them breakfast. This felt very domestic to Regina and she was happy that she let him cook her breakfast.

"You seem pretty cozy back there," he commented as he put the last piece of french toast on a plate and turned off the stove.

"Well, yes," she said with a soft hum before she pulled away.

Robin moved to set the plates on the little table in the kitchen. She just took the time to notice that he cooked eggs and turkey bacon as well as cut up apples for the french toast. He pulled a chair out for her to sit and she couldn't help but smile as she sat down and started to eat her breakfast.

A few minutes into their meal Robin started to speak. "What are you thinking about right now?"

She paused mid-chew as she had to contemplate about what she was thinking. What was she thinking about anyways? Her mind was a little occupied on shoving french toast down her throat. She was also thinking about keeping him hostage for the weekend and having him cook for her. That probably wasn't the answer he was looking for anyways.

"I'm thinking about Henry," she said instead. It's not like that was lie since that little boy always seemed to weasel into her thoughts.

"Oh, what about Henry are you thinking about?" He asked as he took another bite of his breakfast.

"Everything about him really. I just wish that he wasn't in the current situation that he's in. He's a little boy who deserves to be happy and loved," she said as she set her fork down.

"Have you ever thought about adopting Henry?"

That was a good question. The thought has crossed her mind during the summer vacation when she kept thinking about the little boy. Was Henry okay? Was he happy? Was he being cared for? Is he hungry? Is he getting the proper love a little boy needs? Her heart simply ached for him and worried about him all of the time.

"I have on several occasions. I just think that it would be a little inappropriate since I'm his teacher. I'm a single woman, in a small apartment, and living on a crappy teacher's salary. Who in their right mind would let me adopt a little boy?"

"I think you should go for it. You obviously love him and he lights up when he sees you. I see how the two of you are when you're together. See if you can adopt him," he told her and with that Regina had more thoughts in her head than she woke up with.

*****

"Do you have to go?" Regina asked as she hugged Robin close to her.

They had spent a fair amount of the day together. She was getting used to having him around and despite cursing herself for it she had become just a little clingy. At the moment she had her arms wrapped around his waist as they stood by the door. Her lips were pulled into a pout as she hugged him close. This was not the strong and independent woman she was! But being with Robin made her feel soft and gooey and- goddamnit she just liked being with him.

"Yes, I do have to go. I have to meet my friends for dinner and I would like to change my clothes. I didn't think I was going to spend all day with you, sweetheart."

Sweetheart? Oh her heart was melting by the second.

"I'm sorry," she said after a few minutes. "I'm being terribly clingy for some reason. Go have fun with your friends tonight. Just don't..."

"Don't what?" He asked her when her sentence died off.

"Don't go meet a pretty girl or something."

"The only pretty girl I want is right in front of me," he said as he leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips.

Regina smiled before she kissed him again. In a few seconds, Robin was out the door and she sighed as she made her way to the couch. With another sigh, she flopped down on the couch and began beating herself up in her head. Why was she letting this man affect her like this? He was saying all of the right things and she was just waiting for the moment he would mess up and break her heart.

****

Monday morning came by faster than Regina had wanted it to. Sunday was a boring day that she spent alone but was surprised when Robin had texted her. He was telling her about his time out with his friends and about how much fun he had. She was happy to hear it but was also thinking about what would happen if they went out to a bar together. Maybe a few drinks, lots of dancing, and more kissing. That day she noted to ask Robin out to a bar one day.

He walked in with his briefcase in his hand as he hummed. She was beginning to like the sound of his humming, it was adorable. The classroom was still empty since it was half an hour before school started. The briefcase was thrown onto his desk with a soft plop before he made his way over to Regina.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said as he leaned down to kiss her cheek.

"Morning, Mr.Locksley," she replied as her cheeks started to heat up.

The first thing that popped in her head was how inappropriate this might be. She was a teacher, he was a teacher, and they were in a classroom. There should be no kissing in the classroom. While she was thinking that Robin had placed another kiss to her lips. Well, maybe there could be just a little bit of kissing before the kids get here.

"Would you like to spend lunch together? I was thinking about grabbing some Granny's to go, we try to eat it, but I end up kissing you for half an hour," he said as he finally sat down in his chair with a smirk on his face which made her laugh.

"I would love to have lunch with you but I already have a hot date," she said as she opened up her lesson book.

While she was trying to review her lesson for the day she heard the wheels of Robin's chair moving towards her. She looked up when his chair bumped up into hers and gave him a little laugh. His face was serious and his eyebrows were furrowed, no handsome dimples to be found anywhere.

"Who is this hot date you speak of?" He asked her with a little frown on his face. It looked like he was becoming a little jealous and that amused Regina more than anything.

"I'm going out with Ruby and Belle. Ms.French, as you know is the secretary and Ruby is the art teacher. I'm not sure if you met her yet," she told him with a little laugh. "There's nothing to be worried about but..." 

"But what?"

"Nothing, I'm just messing with you," she laughed as she gave his cheek a soft pat. "Go back to work, Robin."

Regina pushed his chair away from hers with a laugh before she went back to work. She was happy to be working with Robin this year. Things were definitely going to be a little interesting this year. It was going to be a good interesting and she felt excited about this school year before there was a knock at the door.

"Hello, beautiful," a deep voice said and her heart stopped. Maybe it wouldn't be a good year after all.

Author's Note: Uh oh! I wonder who that is at the door. I know it took me a while to put this chapter out. I had one that was half written and decided that I hated it at the last second. I hope you guys are happy with this chapter because I love this so much! It was really fluffy between the two lovers. Also, I've been reading fanfictions where Regina adopted Emma and raises her and it's the cutest thing I've ever read my goodness. That was random but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Until next time lovelies!

P.S. If you guys have anything you want to see in this fic please let me know. Okay, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 219 14
Regina Mills lives a very mediocre life in the small town of Storybrooke, Maine. An orphan, she has no family to speak of, hasn't had a love life sin...
362 23 2
When Regina gives her heart to the wrong person on Christmas, she suffers a heartbreak that pushes her closer to her new friend, Robin Locksley. As C...
4.1K 101 18
Regina Mills gets cheated on and decides to make a fresh start. She swears off relationships and decides to focus on her new teaching job. She goes o...
110K 3K 28
Regina Mills is a college professor and Emma Swan is her student who has a crush on her. Emma is G!P