Sleeping With My Bodyguard

By lazy-writerr

"Don't run from me, princess." Soft, yet threatening voice whispered near my ear sending chills down my spine... More

Author's note.
Chapter. 1
Chapter. 2
Chapter. 3
Chapter. 4
Chapter. 5
Chapter. 6
Chapter. 7
Chapter. 8
Chapter. 9
Chapter. 10
Chapter. 11
Chapter. 12
Chapter. 13
Chapter. 14
Chapter. 15
Chapter. 16
Chapter. 17
Chapter. 18
Chapter. 19
Chapter. 20
Chapter. 21
Chapter. 22
Chapter. 24
Chapter. 25
Chapter. 26
Chapter. 27
Chapter. 28
Chapter. 29
Chapter. 30
Chapter 31
Author's note.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34
New story!
A rewrite

Chapter. 23

2.9K 87 7
By lazy-writerr

"Hey, it's me... Sophie, your bestie if you remember having it... anyway, you're in big trouble from me and very pissed bodyguard of yours who looked like a fucking zombie... cute zombie. Anyway call me or I'll kill you,-"

"What do you mean she looks like a zombie?" I asked with my trembling heart cutting her voicemail short and heard her gasp at the other end of the line.

My hand squeezed a wheel tighter as I drove at the early in the morning to the city. Elisabeth was still sleeping when I left, I didn't know what to say to her so I just left, leaving a note telling her we would talk some other time. When I first got into the car my phone starts ringing, but I waited it send to the voicemail, but I couldn't help as I cut it short picking up.

"Well, hello to you too... how are you? Enjoying the last minutes of your life? I think you do... good, enjoy because your so fucking-,"

"Sophie cut the crap and tell me what happened?" I cut her again rolling my eyes at Sophie and the drama queen act.

What could be wrong with Maverick? Why is she even angrier, it's not like I did something wrong... no, I Did something great. I cut the misery short saving myself and maybe her for possible heartbreak. If someone should be angry it's me... she didn't tell me she had a son and wife on who she probably cheated on... not probably, she really did.

The one thing I hate more than pineapples on the pizza. That shit is disgusting... okay going back to the point. Cheating is the thing I hate the most... I could never do such a thing and I don't wish to my worst enemy. I can't imagine someone feeling that pain I felt when I found Elliot with a Kirstina in a bed together.

I shut my eyes as I stopped at the red lights sucking a deep breath because of the pit of anger in my stomach. When I opened it was already green light so I hit a green light waiting for Sophie to talk, but she was mumbling something on the other side of the line. I sighed pushing red button ending the call as I finally saw my apartment building coming in view.

I took a turn to the garage and parked into my private spot and getting my small bag Elisabeth got me as I couldn't get back in the city and start walking to the silver steel box. The weird feeling erupted inside of my stomach, but I was able to push it inside the small box and press a pin code for a specific floor.

It didn't take a long before elevator came to halt opening to the dark looking apartment and I couldn't help, but gulp nervously. It was strangely quiet... too quiet. I shook head. I just imagining... it's nothing wrong that empty apartment is quite. It's fucking normal.

Shrugging my jacket off of my shoulders and putting it in the kitchen isle I opened an empty looking fridge, but I still was able to find a cold drink which was a beer. Fantastic. Drinking alcohol in the early morning I thought as propped the cap open and took a large gulp of the bittersweet taste. I never was a fan of the beer, but looking at the fridge I would rather drink this than a badly looking milk.

I need to do grocery shopping.

I put a half-empty bottle in the counter and lean in closing my eyes enjoying the moment of silence I could get right now, because knowing Sophie, she's already on her way ready to kill me.

"Did you really thought, you could run away from me... huh?" A rough voice sending shivers down my spine and making my heart do a flip hissed into my ear.

As I realized who is talking my whole body stiffened from realizing how close she actually is. Relax, Andrea. Remember? No feelings... act normally, without giving yourself to her again.

"What do you mean? I didn't run away, I just simply took a couple of days of vacation." I spoke shrugging my shoulders carelessly and spun around facing very angry looking Maverick.

Her jaw was clenched with her teeth being gritted together which makes her face muscles move. Her breathing was harsh as not even for second took eyes from my face. My breath hitched as she inched her face from mine and making my confidence falter for a second. I need to calm down. She's just your bodyguard.

The bodyguard you have to grow to like.

That's the truth.

This past two days I was hard to stop myself thinking about her. But I can't. I came to realize right now... standing in front of her... our faces almost touching with shallow breathing... I can't run away from her if I wanted. She's in my blood. She's a fucking drug who I'm addicted too... that scares me.

A lot.

"You did too," I mumbled softly with my confidence flattering away. My hands become clammy and heart pounding against my chest as her eyes rose up in confusion. "The day you kissed me in elevator... you ran away... but firstly, when we were at the party, you run away for the first time..."

"You... you remember?" She gasped pushing her body away from mine making me instantly miss the warmth of her body.

I nodded with a heavy sigh escaping my mouth as my mind wandered to a memory of Dan's party. Yesterday, when I was out for a walk the strange memories of the party, hit my head of her kissing me. Yeah, kissing. I didn't remember the whole thing, just fragments to put a whole picture.

Me dancing with Sophie, later she was gone and I was left with Maverick by my side... the loud music and alcohol running through my veins clouded my mind and we somehow appeared in the bedroom in a second floor with her mouth being placed on mine and me not complaining not even for a second... until she got a call and everything was gone.

"It's not me who's running from you... it's you, Mave."

I smiled bitterly pushing myself away from the counter too and was ready to walk to my room when a soft hand got a grip of mines and I was pushed against soft chest... into arms making me feel warm and safe. I don't fight with her grip around me and just stood her with my arms slowly finding their way to her waist as I enjoyed her calming heartbeat.

I can't fight it.

I can't fight it with my heart anymore.

"I'm not running away, not anymore." I heard her mumbled into my hair with one of her hands running through them making my heart tremble with warmth spreading across her.

"What?" I asked when I finally got a message she's trying to say and broke from her grip instantly missing her arms wrapping around me.

"You heard me, princess." She tilted head letting her dark hair fall on her forehead as her blue eyes pierced straight at mines one making it look like she's gazing straight at my soul. "I can't fight it anymore... this... you," She gestured with her hand frantically between us. "It scares me... you fucking terrifying me, princess. It's wrong... but yet, feels so right... I don't wanna lose you,-"

"You're married." I blurted out with my throat tightening from overwhelming feeling in my body from the thought of her being with someone else, but at the same time using me.

"What? No! where did you get that?" She shook head frantically narrowing her eyes at my side, trying to figure out me.

"That woman... Natalie... or something like that and that kid... is he yours? I mean, of course, it's yours... he's like a mini you,-"

"Hey breathe... in and out." Maverick calm voice pulls me out of my rambling making me look up at the sky blue eyes who held nothing, but happiness in them.

"Yes, Natalie... was my wife, we got divorced a year ago... and yes, Leo is my son." She explained making my shoulders slump in relief as the bad thought of her cheating on her wife with me flowed away.

"You didn't cheat on her?" I asked just to make sure if I'm not doing another mistake in my life.

"No, I hate cheating." She shook head with her eyes changing to a hurt one making me wonder what was that, but it was gone before I could ask. "Anything more, princess?"

"Shut up." I'm muttered not being able to keep a straight face as I finally pushed her against pain again and placed my lips against her soft one. Once again she tasted like coffee and I couldn't help but smile in our kiss. "I was done running too," I mumbled only for a second reattaching our lips.

I can feel Maverick smiling into the kiss too and I can clearly know one thing... she's going to the end to me. The thoughts of being able to run away from her... was gone, like poof, see you in the next life. It was pointless. I tried to run, but only plank myself on my face straight at the ground.

"Wait," I pulled away from her lips only earning a cute sound from her, but I shush her by squeezing her in the thin fabric of t-shirt covered waist. "We really need to do a lot of taking." I still mumble even if the talking is the last thing I wanna do right now, but all these questions who been nagging me since Saturday were doing wander on me.

Elisabeth was right... we need to talk about what's happening.

Maverick nodded and tugging my hand she dragged me to my room which was messy... bed scattered with sheets being all over the place and the empty bottle of wine was laying on the ground. I eye suspiciously the older girl who had a sheepish smile with her hand scratching back of her neck. If I wouldn't have so many questions I would probably attach her or something in those lines.

"What happened?" I asked scrunching my nose at the messy room.

"Um, yeah... maybe... I was missing... you."

Maverick furrowed her rich brows with a cute smile playing in her lips making my heart puns against my chest and I had to stop and breathe if I don't wanna have a heart attack at such young age.

I shook head bending down and picking a white dress shirt of her who was laying on the ground and folded neatly putting on the desk... the same desk we slept together before I realized I was in deeper shit than I thought. I can feel her eyes on me as I moved around the room, putting everything in their places.

"How does making my room a completed mess helped you cope with a missing me?" I couldn't stop myself from asking as I put the second bottle of wine near the door with a thought I would need restock everything. Starting from food and ending with poisonous liquor. "And it is my shirt you're wearing?" I gasped when I finally noticed one of my favorite shirts I own and I can't deny if I wanted... that shirt suits her better than me.

"Yeah... Sorry, princess." She mumbled shyly and I have a hard time to stop myself from hitting as I realized I forgot my phone in the kitchen and can take a photo of her right now.

Maverick Callahan, the annoying asshole who do everything to get under my skin and looks like there's nothing to fears her in a word is shy... over something I never thought I would see.

I tired my eyes away from this woman who's going to be death to me and again walked to my closet taking off my jacket and shirt following by pants only leaving myself in dark blue lace bra and matching panties. Even how much I would want to have talked with her and I know we both came here to talk, but I do really need to go for groceries shopping or I would starve to death...

We would starve to death considering Maverick living with me... of course, as a bodyguard and nothing else.

We still need to clear most of the things, like where we're standing... who are we?

"Didn't you wanted to talk?" I wiped my head to the side where Maverick was leaning against the wall with her hands tucked in her chest and hair messy for rapidly going through them.

"I did... I do," I nodded pausing and throwing the first shirt I saw on a hanger which was light denim blue button shirt with a black ripped jeans and white converses which was bad ideas because it seems like it's soon going to rain, but who cares anyway. "But I also need to go shopping... and you're going with me, so we could talk on our way."

"Princess, please don't do this... I hate shopping with a passion." Maverick whined padding over me through the soft cream color carpet with her eyes pleadingly gazing at me.

I had to look away from her because... one, her eyes is something else I can never say no to, she always had something in them who pulls me closer into her, makes me want to give in. Second, I never thought it's hard to say no her... her pouty lips and slightly furrowed brows making my heart beat faster and beam like a fool.

Keep it together, woman.

"Nope," I shook head putting all strength as I tore my eyes away from her, looking at the ground. "You're coming with me and that's final. You're my bodyguard, remember that, right?"

"Of course, I do." She grumbled like a big baby who just been told she can't have a new toy. "I'm driving."

I nodded in agreement finding no reason to argue with her as I trailed after her and watch as she picked a leather jacket from the hall and boots. I was not used to seeing her in casual clothes. She always wore her suit with a tie, not that I'm complaining, she looks good in everything she wears, it's just hard to use seeing her more laidback.

She looked over her shoulder throwing one of her infamous smiles with her eyes twinkling in mischief-making my whole body shudder with excitement.

It's like those two days doesn't even exist. The thoughts of keeping it professional between us were soon gone as her minty mixed with coffee invaded my personal space making my limbs feel like jello. Of course, a small part is seeing red and I perfectly know she's just a piece of bad news, but I was never strong enough to fight with my own heart.

I wanted her.

And there's no way back.

She's not Elliot.

I pressed a code to the garage and waited for the elevator to move which didn't take long. The same feeling tingling over my whole body appeared making me inhale sharply. I can feel the tension full of excitement rising in this small place and all wanted was a bolt out of here as fast as I can because I am not responsible for things I might do.

But at my luck, maverick had something other in mind as I once again pushed against the cold wall, the gasp who left my mouth was muffled by pair of soft lips making my heart race while clouding my mind.

"Just like the first time?" Maverick mumble against my lips sending a vibration through my body.

"I think, this is better," I muttered slowly myself fluttering open my eyes and finding the blue pair of eyes already dancing on my face with a questionable look on her face.

"How's that?"

"I could do this," I smirked and reverse our position pushing Maverick against the cold wall while pushing one knee between her legs and putting hands over her head.

A surprising look crossed Maverick face, but it soon changed if I satisfied one.

The blood inside of me was boiling with excitement making my muscles tense. The heat between my legs was unbearable and now I realized how much I really miss Maverick... she did a wonder on me, making for me hard to forget how she makes me feel.

I lean in placing my lips on hers and slowly started to move them. The bliss shoots through my whole body almost making me curl my toes as desired rules my body. Maverick's grip tightened around my waist pushing me even closer to her as her body gave in, relaxing against my touch.

The kiss was slow, sensual... setting my whole body on fire and burning my soul and even if curing kiss short was the last thing on my mind, but I still pull away from Maverick grip smiling softly at her. We didn't say anything as the elevator came to halt letting us out.

I start going after Maverick, with my eyes set on her back burning holes as I admire her broad shoulders and long legs with muscles showing through her tight blue jeans.

I almost lost my own footing as she stopped dead in a track making me stumble into her back, but before my face could reach a cold concrete strong arms wrapped around my waist slipping her hands under my shirt leading to goosebumps on my skin. A worried look crossed her futures and her grip tightened as she pulled me back on my feet still holding.

"Careful," She mumbled letting one of her hands wander to my face and brush a piece of my brown hair who I didn't even notice. "I don't anything happen to that pretty face of yours."

The blood rushed into my checks increasing the temperature in a garage or it's just me?

She leans in and something unexpected... brushing her lips softly against my lips and send a wink as her body moved past me leaving me to stare at her back.

"You coming?" She yelled as she stood next to white car passenger doors holding it open for me with a dazzling smile plastered on her face.

What the hell I put myself into again?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 782 21
This story contains TRANS characters and is a LESBIAN love story. Men DNI. Respect every characters identity and pronouns. Do NOT add to any f*ta/g!p...
362K 11.7K 55
"Are you alright, Darling?" Vanya slyly asks as I sit on her lap and she bumps her knee up and down, hitting every sensitive spot. I bury my face in...
13.2K 692 103
Aurora opens her eyes only to feel the agonising pain in her body. That is to be expected when there has been an accident. It's excruciatingly painfu...
446K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...