Falling For Grumpy

By asmaa-auwal

"What's your name?" Came his voice "It's Islam" she said carefully. Why would her voice betray her? That wa... More

First and foremost
1 | When Africa calls
2 | The Antsy cat
3 | The Khalil's
4 | First Encounter vs Crashing his Fav
6 | How to fish out a kind soul
7 | How to terminate a baby
💖💦
8| How to advice a best pal
9 |How to wash elegant gowns
10 | How to be realistic
11 | The twins and the Hippo
12 | How to bid adieus
13 | How to break an oven
14 | How to be gorgeous yet ruiner
15 | How to be at your fav Aunt's
16 | How to have a grumbling gut
17 | How to expose oneself
18 | How to shop for the sick
19 | How to have blood phobia
20 | how to be the laugh of century
21 | flight phobia
22 | the amazing mom!
23 | doctors' brains!
24 | he's juhaif the grump!
25 | how to be shattered
26 | how to be certified as chef
27 | how to have hennah
28 | How to receive a green tea
29 | how to dodge a slap!
30 | how to have shattered hearts!
31| how to be embarassed to the core
32| how to spill a coffee!
33| how to find a library
34| how to meet new peeps!
35| popcorn and cinema
36| Repenting slave
37| different persona off camera
A year on venus
Diary of Reshma

5 | How to know the African culture

1.9K 266 43
By asmaa-auwal

Whole of this chappie is dedicated to my fav girl @Aishatuh_M

After praying Zuhr(Afternoon prayer)Islam's headache subsided. She thanked Allah for that.

The girls were once more chatting, with Islam taking part a bit, she felt like they knew each other before, as there was something so cool that soothed her to blend in with them.

"Okay will be down in a jiffy." Husna said then ended the call. "It's mom. She wants me down to help with some work. Will be back in a bit girls."

"Okay. Wouldn't mind us coming along?" Asked Lubna.

As soon as mom saw them she gestured at them to hurry up "Please get these things to the dining table." She showed them lotta dishes. And within three minutes they were done arranging the table. And now they got stuck on same table with lotta uncles and aunties__and that's certainly a place no lady wants to be seated on, as some aunties can ask questions that would embarrass the hell outta you.

"Okay girls can you please serve?" Aunt kaula requested.

"Yeah sure." They chorused. When Islam stood up, they asked her to sit down as guests ain't supposed to do any work. But she insisted and they had to gave in and let her do the work.

She began serving rice on everyone's plate, as the other girls did different things. She was done with three plates when she sensed the surprise looks some of them wore. What made them surprised she had no idea?!

She then heard Aunt Kaula's voice.
"Oh Islam darling, can you please fill up the plates? People here kind of eat more." She said smiling at her.

Oh how stupid of her to serve half a serving spoon for everyone, definitely they would be surprised. But the most surprising thing was how could someone finish up a WHOLE plate?!

"Oh I'm sorry." She sheepishly grinned.

"Don't be darling. You'll get used to our African cultures."

Around 4:00 pm everyone left, Aunt Saudah included. The one week they spent together felt like gorgeous years of being together. And Islam knew she'll miss her.

The girls were busy with their phones when Nora spoke up "Husna please do me a favour."

Husna looked up from her phone and settled her eyes on her, "I know what you'll ask." She finished, smirking.

"Perfect you've known! Now please help." She handed her phone over to Husna.

"Nora you are so lazy. I'm looking forward to the day you'll reply all your messages. Your followers will unfollow you once they know what you are doing. And definitely everyone will stop messaging you." She chuckled.

"That reminds me, please what's the Wi-Fi password here?" Asked Islam.

"Yaya's(brother's)name; J-u-h-a-i-f." Husna spelt and dashed her a smile.

"Thanks."

That was how Husna began replying Nora's messages. "Okay I think I got stuck here. What should I reply this one with? the message reads..." She didn't finish when a call came in.

"Okay here." Husna stretched out her hand, handing out the phone.

"Who is it?" Nora asked.

"It indicates Amar."

"Reject it please." She said.

"Hey! why are you keen on being single? You must pick it this time around. Maybe he's even nice. You need to give people chance, because you don't know the lucky one."

"Please no. Dating sucks!" she replied and rejected the call before handing it back to Husna again.

"Well who else is thinking what I'm thinking?" Asked Husna looking towards Lubna, and it was so obvious Lubs didn't get what she was talking about.

"Well, I'm thinking of hooking her up with someone." Husna coiled her lips to the side, her usual, when planning something cunny.

"Who?" asked Lubna.

"Elder bro. I think they'll make a perfect match. How comes I'd never thought about that?" Husna turned to Islam grinning from ear to ear "Right Islam?"

Islam wanted to say a lively and a grump never form a great match, but decided against it. Though she only met Nora that day and same for Juhaif, still she thought Nora deserved someone better, not that rude guy.

"So how should we do it girls?" Husna crossed her legs adjusting her sitting position. That made Nora laugh. She'd been looking at them all the while, thinking they've totally gone crazy.

"You guys are funny you know that? What part of dating ain't my thing don't you get? Besides he must got a gorgeous lady that's super beautiful."

"Are you kidding us? Like you are the definition of the girl you made up. Can't you see you are the most beautiful of us here?" That was Husna.

"Okay enough Husna. You don't need to sugar coat that to make me feel special, especially when there's a model- like-Britain in the room plus you guys as well. Believe me I'm not as beautiful as any of you here, besides relationship isn't all about beauty." She finished up chuckling.

They smiled at her when she was done. Not that they agreed with her because to them she's the prettiest.

"Guys I got an idea, how about we ask him to drop us off at a mall for shopping and we'll leave Nora with him in the car?" It seems like Husna was desperate about the whole situation. She flipped her lashes and squeezed her lips making her look hundred percent younger. She waited for their reply which never came. None of them replied. Guess it wasn't a good one.

After almost two minutes, shocked Lubna was able to react to Husna's weird idea "We are going to leave the two of them in a car? Ain't that haram?" She quickly glanced at her phone, then settled her eyes on Husna.

"Guess the haram police's at work." Was all Husna could say, as Islam chuckled.

"So who will ask him to drive us there?" Husna asked. She watched from one person to another as both of them kept gulping down saliva nervously.

"Guys my brother isn't a monster. I can't understand why you are all afraid of him. Will go talk to him." She finished and reached for the door.

Descending the staircase in a lightning speed she made way to his side.

Knocking on the door she salaamed(saying peace)and entered."

Juhaif's room;
(courtesy of Husna who kept talking non-stop about her interior design talent, and ended up turning his room girlish, something she didn't even do to her own room. He never liked it, nonetheless can't tell her the truth as it will discourage her.)

She didn't wait for him to answer when she started blabbering, "bro I always know you feel so lucky to have me, if not where will you get this fine interior? Anytime I got in here I always get jealous a bit and wish it were me living here. I'm so talented," she finished with a smile.

"Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah. Husna how far?" He greeted not looking up from his tab. Wishing she would one day offer to take away all the furniture in here and allow him make something to his satisfaction.

"Oh really? You can immigrate to this room if you want. Or at least take everything away with you!" He said with a shrug.

She laughed so hard at that, "what a funny joke. Believe me I know you so much to know you'll never allow anyone to get away with anything from here, only if you can see your love for this room ever since I did it's interior!"

"Oh yeah! So how far?" He asked again as he was tired of talking already, and wanted her to cut to the chase!

"Five kilometres." She teased. And just in time her eyes darted to the tab he was holding, "I thought you prefer system not tab when it comes to those videos."

"Oh yeah! The system met with trouble."

The irony of who he meant by that.

A/N
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah. I know it's been long since the last update. Sorry please, will try and be squeezing out time so I'll be updating often In shaa Allah. It's just that i'm not actually feeling the book. Might take the whole thing down😭

End of chappie!!!
Do vote, comment, share and follow with love please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

MY STORY By madamsbs

General Fiction

3.2K 976 24
"You get sucked in, until something shattering happens; that's when you come back to your senses" When life decides it's time you get your lesson, it...
228K 24K 43
"ALHAMDULILLAH. IT'S OFFICIAL. JASRAH IS NOW HASSAN'S WIFE". She felt her heart threatening to breakthrough it's ribcage. Cheers were all over the...
113K 13.3K 39
Completed ✔ Aysha Al Qassim is the aftermath of a home robbery. Tragedy robbed her of her Father's love and stole her voice before she had the chance...
13K 831 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...