Dharmiyaan

By Anjanaa31

A story of a two people's estranged love. A love that need to dig out deep from the heart. More

Introduction.
An Unusual Day
Arnav's Decision.
Arnav at Amarpur
Arshi meet
Aasha's mission
Amar and Aasha fight
Arnav's Accident
Aasha and Dadi's wish
Its ASR.....
Thunder shock....
Kushi's move
Wedding bells
ASR's step
Arnav and his friends
Passing Days
Good news on the door.
Happy moments.
search around Delhi
Jungle......
A call for Arnav.....
Arnav's trip
Arnav Kushi's encounter.
present
Romance.......
Dharmiyaan...
Dharmiyaan......
Ek tha villan.....
Emotional conversation
Dharmiyaan.....
Mehendhi
Haldi
Marriage.....
Dharmiyaan....
Delhi.....
Arshi in Vikram's home.
Epilogue
Thankyou note.....

The Engagement

5.3K 318 35
By Anjanaa31

Arnav went to his room and jumped out of joy for everything falling in place without any of his efforts and problems. He took his phone and called Vikram.

Arnav " Hey buddy, what's up ?"

Vikram " kya baath hei ? Someone is sounding excited "

Arnav " Yep..... Guess what ? My engagement got fixed in next Five days buddy "

Vikram " Wooooo......That's such a happy news. Don't worry we'll reach on engagement day "

Arnav " No you guys start tomorrow itself. We can roam around the village, Dhiya can relax a bit "

Vikram " Such reasons are not even needed. I would love to jump into your home right now. But Dhiya's due date is nearing na, Doctor asked her to come for a checkup after 3 days.

Arnav " Oh..... Ok then. I'll be expecting you guys on the engagement day morning itself"

Vikram " Ok baba..... I'll reach on time. Don't worry "

Arnav " How is Dhiya ? "

Vikram " Pooch math Yaar..... When you were here, atleast I had a company but now..... Akele bugadh na padra hei.... I can't even imagine how her mood swings like that. She laughs in a minute and next minute she starts to cry. Iam just praying that my baby comes out soon "

Arnav laughed at his situation. Vikram " Don't laugh, when your wife gets pregnant you will come to know "

Arnav " will see " he said still laughing. Vikram " Laugh laugh, I will laugh at you when Kushi gets pregnant "

Arnav laughed more " Pls, today's quota is finished. Will talk tomorrow "

Vikram " Ok bye. Take care. We will reach soon "

Arnav " I'll wait for you both. Bye buddy " he cut the call smiling.

Engagement preparation has started in full swing at Shantivan. Arnav pretended unaffected while inside he was so happy seeing it. Shopping was done, decoration was done, only ceremony is left which is going to take place the next day.

Engagement day also arrived. Arnav was so irritated on not having Vikram and Dhiya beside him that he forgot to enjoy the engagement.

He called Vikram " bewakoof insaan, where the hell are you ? "

Vikram " No bad words infront of my baby Arnav "

Arnav " Shut up and say where are you ? "

Vikram " Iam just an hour away from your village. Don't worry we'll reach on time "

Arnav " What the hell man ? Engagement is going to start in next one and half hour and you will reach one hour after, wow super...... "

Vikram " Don't mock Arnav. Everything is happening because of Pappu only "

Dhiya whined " What did I do ?"

Vikram " She's stopping the car every now and then saying that she's uncomfortable sometimes, she wants to puke sometimes, she want to eat the other times"

Arnav " Ok..... Fine ( he took a deep breath ) come fast. Iam waiting "

Vikram " Don't worry Buddy. We'll reach " Dhiya twisted Vikram's ears making him shout " I'll hang the phone Arnie " he cut the call.

Arnav sat down on the sofa ' How can I forget that Dhiya is pregnant. I should've known it  she would have difficulty ' he sighed.

He waited for next one hour without fussing but felt nervous, for his Friends or for his engagement...... He couldn't say correctly. But alas he couldn't do anything.

He walked to and fro to control his freaking nerves. One and half hour passed away. Mahi came inside his room " Bhaiya, Papa is calling you "

Arnav looked at him alarmed " You go down, I'll be back in a minute "

Mahi " No Bhaiya, Papa strictly told me to take you with me downstairs "

Arnav sighed and taking his mobile he went trying to Vikram on the way, Arnav ' Damn why his mobile is not reaching ? '

Arnav went down and saw that his father has assembled the whole village for his engagement. Everyone was looking at him and smiling. His eyes fell on Kushi who was standing in between the crowd as if she was not the heroin of the show. She was beautiful in red and Blue lehenga with minimal makeup and Jewelry. But right now he is not in a mood to behave like lovely dovely groom.

He went and stood beside his Dadi silently still trying for Vikram's phone. His Dadi went to Dias and" welcome everyone. Iam so happy right now, and thanks to you all for coming here to take part in Our happiness. Today Our Arnav bitwa is going to get engaged and do you know with whom ?"

Villagers started to gasp and gossip within themselves. Arnav thought ' Iam not gonna leave you both. I won't even talk to you both for atleast a week even if you both butter me...... '

Dadi signalled Amar and Ranjini to come up to the Dias. Meanwhile Arnav received Vikram's call huffing in anger he moved aside to attend the call, in hurry he bumped with a maid who carried juice for everyone. It spilled all over his dress. He went to nearest room to change it.

Arnav attended the call putting it on speaker " I won't talk to you Vikram..... "

On the other side " Arey...... Hear your friend for once. Who knows, may be this his last few words with you " Arnav heard a husky voice from other side.

Arnav " Who are you ? What nonsense are you speaking ? Where is Vikram and Dhiya ? " He said frowning.

On the other side " Relax , ASR.... Relax, Your friend and his pregnant wife is very fine and safe with me "

Arnav got anger " Who the hell are you ? "

On the other side " Damn..... See I forget to introduce myself. Iam Malhar....... I was running a small business of selling guns in the forest area. But you and Your friend spoilt it wholly. So I just asked my men to bring you both to me. But these idiots took your Officer friend and his pregnant wife "

Arnav's eyes gone wide in shock " Wh..... What are you saying ? "

Malhar " Come here to meet me.  Then you and your officer friend along with his pregnant wife can go to your home ? "

Arnav " Dare you touch them both.... I won't leave you "

Malhar " Arey calm down. Don't forget that your friends are with me. I heard that you are going to get engaged today. What will you do ? Will you stay there and get engaged or will you come here to meet me ? (He sounded as if he's thinking ) Haan let me tell you a small twist..... Your friends are just 45 minutes away from your home. But I will wait for 30 minutes..... If you didn't reach in 30 minutes, then....... What to say ? You very well know what a bad boy like me will do right ?"

Arnav " you bloody idiot. Do you even know on whom you have laid your fingers. Vikram is senior officer in intelligence department. If my department came to know about this.... You think what will happen to you ?"

Malhar laughed " Hum toh doobenge sanam, magar thumhare dosth ko Saath leke "
( I will destroy, but along with your friend )

Arnav " you...."

Malhar " look ASR..... You have already wasted 2 minutes. Just 28 minutes left. Come fast and Haan don't try to track me calling your stupid department or that Junior Aman of yours. My men is all around you, one single wrong move from your side, then there will be no need for me to wait for next 27 minutes. You are under my surveillance. So don't try to call anyone. Come to hill area in the east side of your village " the call went dead.

Arnav looked at his phone with shivering hands......

While on the otherside -

Dadi " My son Amar and his best friend Anup will no more be relatives. Because they both are going to be relatives soon. My Arnav is going to engage with Anup's daughter Kushi bitiya "

Villagers started clapping hearing it. Arnav came out of the room only to see everyone Clapping, He ignored that and was about to run when Mahi blocked his way.

Mahi " Wah Bhaiya, you are so desperate to get engaged with Kushi Bhabhi " he teased him.

Villagers giggled while Arnav's eyes travelled to his watch. Amar and Anup came near Arnav and held his both hands and pulled him towards the Dias, but stopped feeling a tug. They turned to see Arnav standing in his same position.

Amar " Chalo Arnav "

Anup " Come on Arnav, Kushi is waiting for you "

Arnav nodded his head as No " Nahi... Nahi Kar saktha mein yeh sagaai " he shoved his hands from their clutch ( No, I can't do this engagement )

Everyone gasped while Kushi's eyes got teary hearing him. Amar " Kya bakwaas hei Arnav. We made all this arrangement after asking you "

Arnav " I can't do this engagement. Can't you understand my simple words " he shouted.

Anup " But Arnav "

Arnav " Iam sorry Papa, but I can't do this right now "

Amar's anger raised to its peek. He raised his hands to slap him but stopped " Get out of my house and Don't show your face "

Arnav felt like crying if he says to his father he will help him. But he remembered Malhar saying that his men are around him. And he can't risk Vikram and Dhiya's life even for a minute before he reach them.  His eyes travelled to Kushi, and he faced his first death.Her shattered heart was reflecting in her eyes. He didn't want this..... But right now.... Saving three people came as his priority. Not even standing for a second he ran away thinking' he can explain them later. They are FAMILY, and they will Understand '

He started his car and raced it in the streets of Amarpur. He drove as fast as he could. He was about to get into accident few times but he drove fastly.

His car came to halt seeing a tree's branch  fell down on the road. He punched the steering groaning ' chodoonga Nahi saalon ko if anything happens to my Vik and Dhiya '

He pushed the branch with his car moving forward. His car had many screeches, but who cares.... He again sped up his car. His eyes travelled to his watch only to see that already 30 Minutes had passed away. He gulped the lump formed in his throat.

He reached the hill area, and shouted " Vikram..... Dhiya....." He again and again shouted running like a mad.

He heard a phone ringing sound and moved towards that direction. He picked up the phone suspiciously and attend the call.

Malhar " Hlo ASR, even though you drove fast than expected crossing the broken branch, you are 5 minutes late. I tried to keep my promise and waited for you 30 minutes. At 31st minute when you didn't came, then only...... "

Arnav " what have you done to them you scoundrel ? Where are they ? "

Malhar " Who knows, may be they reached heaven "

Arnav gasped " I'll kill you bloody dammit "

Malhar laughed " See even now you are wasting time in shouting at me than finding your friends. Go, go.... Go and find them "

Arnav pulled his hair and groaned and again ran like a mad shouting Vikram and Dhiya's name.

After running few minutes he saw a small damaged wall of a building, his legs shivered.... He slowly took steps towards the place.His eyes blurred with tears and he reach there. There was many drums, broken things and what not..... He pushed them and kept moving forward.

His legs stopped seeing a shoe. ' Vikram's shoe.... ' " Vikram, Vikram where are you ? "

He heard a noise near and moved near it. He fell on his knees with tears flowing from his eyes seeing Vikram lying in a pool of blood.

" Vi... Vikram " he merely whispered.

There he saw Vikram lying down unconscious with heavy injuries and cuts all over his body. His light blue shirt was drenched full of blood. He saw blood oozing near his head also.

He crawled near him as he couldn't get up on his woogling feet. He took Vikram in his lap and patted his cheek crying " Vikram "

Vikram moaned in pain. Arnav " Vikram open your eyes Vikram. See it's me Arnav. I came Vikram. I came " he pulled him into a tight hug crying more " open your eyes Vikram "

Vikram opened his eyes with great difficulty " Ar....Ar ( he coughed spitting blood from his mouth ) Arnav...... Dhiya "

Arnav's eyes shot open " Dhiya"

He looked around when Vikram pointed towards a corner with his fingers. Arnav carefully put Vikram down and moved towards the corner where Vikram pointed.

He moved the sticks and woods there only to find Dhiya lying on the floor unconscious. They have hurted her also, she was also shedding blood.

" Dhiya " he lifted her in his lap and patted her cheek but of no use. She was unconscious totally.

The phone rang again. He threw it in anger and lifted Dhiya in his arms. He didn't knew how to carry them both to his car that was few distance away from here. And he don't want to let any one of them here.

He saw a broken cart near and made Dhiya lay down. Then he lifted Vikram and put him over the cart.

He pulled the cart carefully near his car and First he took Dhiya and placed her on the back seat and tied the seat belt around her. Then lifting Vikram he placed him on the front seat and tied seat belt for him too. He sat on the driver seat. He again raced the car.

He wiped his tears in between his driving. He shook Vikram and said " Vikram open your eyes..... Stay with me Vikram. I'll never let anything happen Vikram. You are safe now. Open your eyes " but of no use. Vikram was unconscious.

After driving for few minutes  he reached hospital and shouted " Doctor..... Doctor..... "

Hearing his shout, ward boy nurse and Doctors came running towards him. Ward boys lifted Dhiya and Vikram and lead them to ICU.

Vikram moaned gaining conscious and held Arnav's hand. Arnav clutched his hands tightly. " Everything is fine Vikram "

Vikram " Dhiya "

Arnav " Dhiya is safe. She has a small injury. That's all "

Vikram gave a sad smile as if he caught Arnav's lie. Arnav " Dhiya is safe Vikram " he said again sternly.

Soon he felt Vikram's hand loosening. Ward boys stopped him " Please wait here sir. You can't come inside "

Arnav stood at the entrance of Emergency ward, where Dhiya and Vikram has been taken into. A nurse came outside and said " Sir what happened to them ? "

" Accident " he said.

Nurse " But he has cuts all over his body. You have to inform the police first, then only we can start the treatment "

Arnav's blood boiled " Look, Ms. Whoever you are...... The one you are going to treat is an intelligent officer (he showed Vikram's ID as he didn't bought his with him) Iam too from the same department. We both are police ourselves. So go and start the treatment. I'll look after the formalities "

Nurse nodded and went inside to inform the doctor same. Both are being treated for ample of hours.  A doctor came out " Iam sorry Sir. The lady you bought is heavily injured, we need to operate her if you wanna save the baby and I think she can't cope up with the operation. She's counting her last minutes, and about officer Vikram......he is very serious that I can't say anything about him right now "

Arnav sat on the chair with thud. Arnav " Doctor do anything you want..... Save them both. And the baby is the only person they have. Please save them all Doctor " he pleaded making Doctor sad.

Doctor " I'll try my best Sir. But all I can say is the persons you bought is highly injured and have less chances to survive. I'll make arrangements for the lady's operation. Atleast we can save the baby " he went inside the ward.

Soon preparation was made to take Dhiya to operation. She gained conscious and moaned " Vik...ram...... Our ba...by..... "

Nurse called Arnav inside seeing Dhiya gaining conscious. Arnav held Dhiya's hand " Dhiyu, don't worry. Everything is fine. Guess what.... Doctor told that you are going to have C-section. Means you will see your baby soon. All your dreams are going to be true. And see, Me and Vikram both are going to win. You are going to have girl baby "

Dhiya smiled through tears sadly " Arnie, I kn....ow eve...ry... Thi...ng. Vikram ke Bina ji Nahi paaongi. Te...ll him that Iam wai....ting " Arnav nodded not understanding her hidden words.

Soon nurse came and took her to operation theatre. Arnav sat on the lonely corridor of the hospital. For the first time in his life he felt defeated. One side Dhiya is fighting for her life while otherside Vikram. He didn't knew what's going around.

He saw doctors and Nurses are going in and out of the ward. He waited silently for an hour. After an hour doctors came out of the OT with fallen face. Arnav stood up and stood silent as he couldn't ask any questions to him.

Doctor went near Arnav " Iam sorry Mr. Raizada, we couldn't save Mrs. Dhiwan. We tried a lot, but her pulse rate was too low to do anything "

Arnav got the shock of his life. His Baby sister is no more. Dhiya, who was chirping in phone with him before few hours is NO MORE....

Arnav " Baby...... " He asked fighting with himself every milli second fearing for the answer.

Doctor said " It's a girl baby. She is fine. But as she seems to be pre mature baby, we need to keep her under observation "

Doctor went away while Arnav sat down crying hard for Dhiya. He felt his lungs being crushed and suffocation of breath. For the first time he lost someone he loves. He had seen many death being in police department, he himself had killed many criminal. But then it didn't make pain like this. He didn't felt like he has been late. For the first time in his life he felt like crying his heart out. But no sound escaped from his mouth.

Soon he saw that Dhiya was brought out. He cupped her cheeks " Dhiya..... " He called her but she didn't reply smiling like always. He fell near her crying. Ward boys helped him to sit on the chair and took Dhiya for postmortem.

After some time a nurse came and said " Sir, Vikram sir gained conscious. He is calling you now "

Arnav inhaled deeply. How  will he face his friend ? And what will he answer when he ask about Dhiya ? Wiping tears and went inside with a faint smile on his face. Vikram saw him and removed his oxygen mask from his face.

Arnav " what are you doing ? "

Vikram smiled " don't worry, Iam alright "

Arnav smiled wiping his tears " congratulations Vikram, you are finally a father now. It's like we said..... A baby girl " 

Vikram's face bloomed into a smile " aur Dhiya ? "

Arnav averted his gaze " she is also good. Treatment is going on "

Vikram chuckled " ASR when did you started lying ? "

Arnav looked at him alarmed " What are you saying ? " He stammered.

Vikram " I know Arnav. I heard a nurse speaking about Dhiya thinking that Iam unconscious. Meine sab suna.... Sab..... She is no more right ? " He said with a great difficulty.

Arnav's eyes poured tears as he cried loudly " Vi...Vikram.... She will be back Vikram. She's just serious "

Vikram " Maan liya thumhari baathein ( I believed your words ) but this is the last time Iam believing your words. Hereafter there will be no Vikram to hear all your lies "

Arnav " I'll slap you idiot. Stop speaking nonsense "

Vikram " I sorry Arnav, this day should have been the best day of your life but because of Us it has turned out to be the worst day. Tell Kushi that Iam sorry for spoiling her day. Tell her that there was a brother of hers unknown to her, who adores her a lot "

Arnav " No Vikram , I told you right that I won't do engagement without you both. Kushi and family is waiting for us. We need to go. Get out of this Damn bed.everyone is waiting for us Vikram.... Pls come "

Vikram " This destiny is a clumsy thing right ? When I had no one it made me live for 25 years. When I got a wife and Daughter for myself it has mercilessly snatched it away. It hurts Arnav. And Dhiya ke Bina Nahi rahoonga.....she must be waiting for me Arnav. I need to go..... "

Arnav " don't say like this vikram. You know right ? I have no friends other than you.(he weeped like a baby ) How will I..... Don't go leaving me Vik. I beg you.... If not for me.... Atleast for your Daughter. Fight back Vikram please..... " He cried hugging him.

Vikram too cried but he knew he is living his last few minutes. He caressed Arnav's hair. Vikram " Hey.....Why are you crying ? Don't cry Arnie. You and me both know that what is going to happen, then why are you making it difficult for us. Beti se yaadh aaya..... Me and Dhiya had dreamt many things for our baby. Every single thing, we have lived with that dream. But may be Iam not lucky enough to live that Dream. Iam just sad that I couldn't live with her..... But Iam not worried about her, after all Iam leaving my Daughter under your wings, you will take care of her na Arnav ? Tell me "

Arnav nodded his head crying. Vikram smiled through tears " Arnav agar thumhe mouka mile toh, tell her that I love her very much. From then, when she was just a little drop. Also tell her that Iam so sorry for not being with her. Tell her about my love story also. After all you are the only one who know everything about me. Will you ? And gussa Nahi ho na mujhse... ? That till now I pestered you and even after me Iam leaving my daughter to dance on your head " Arnav couldn't handle this more and held him more tight nodding NO.

Vikram " Arnav will you do me a one last favour ? Can you bring my daughter to me ? I wanna see her once.... Once before I....( He stopped abruptly) I wanna see her and carry her on my arms... I wanna touch her one last time. Wanna see she looks like me or Dhiya. Will you take her to me Arnav? Please Arnav......"

Arnav stood up and ran outside the room to bring the baby inside. He went to baby's ward and took their Baby who was placed in the incupater, giving deaf ears to the nurses who tried to stop him.

He ran towards Vikram's ward and went inside " Vikram see your daughter.... Look how beautiful she is..... Vikram..... " He saw Vikram was lying there looking at them without blinking , silently with a hope to see his daughter.

He slowly called him again " Vikram..... "

" Vikram see your baby Vikram" he touched him. Vikram didn't even moved or blinked.

" Vikram..... " He shook her. He stood still as he realised that His buddy has slept FOREVER.....The baby in his arms cried as if it was crying for its Father and mother.

Vikram wished to see His baby for once, but even before he see his daughter he passed away. Both Vikram and Dhiya who was the reason of this cute bundle was no more. They both who carried this bundle these many days didn't even got to see her cute face for once. His friends doesn't deserve this end..... Vikram and Dhiya deserved a happy life with their daughter.... But What an irony......

In all this Arnav was the one who was affected more than anything..... He has lost everything. His family's trust, his love,his friends, his happiness..... Every damn thing. The baby snuggled to him as if saying that ' he still didn't lost everything. Still there is a ray of hope..... '

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Junoon By Anjanaa

Fanfiction

414K 18.7K 43
A bond made out of misunderstanding. A relationship made of Hate from one end and Love from the other end. Story of a lovely girl Kushi Gupta and h...
191K 7.4K 25
Khushi has spent her whole life wanting to love and wanting to be loved. She may love Arnav with her whole heart, but does Arnav love her back? Join...
52K 3.2K 22
A simple Arshi Story
83.3K 4.3K 37
This story is about our favorite couple of ipkknd. This is a serial based story but with little twist and different plots. The story starts before ar...