Stronger As One

By ladylarkin

Cover created by @ClaraElisibeth and the title was thought of by @LaVel063 ! Thank you so much!! -This is th... More

Alarm Clocks
The Clearing
Held Back
New Beginnings
Bound
New Prospects
Aura
Picture
As We Bond
Unexpected Changes
Trophy Pup
Rabid Dog
The hunt.
Unwise Decisions *trigger warning*
Fool's Gold
Guardian Angel
Onyx
Reconnected
False Forgiveness
Winter Wolf
Burning Flame
Bait Dogs
Fazed
New Encounter
Dirty Dog
The Grand Escapade
Little Patch Of White
Hidden Emotions
Onward
Home Sweet Home
Break Away
Set In Motion
Trade Off
Words of Truth
Bed rest
Birds of a Feather
Fuzzy Feelings
Trigger Words
Facade
Departed Lover
Their Eyes
Strength in Numbers
I belong
Irritation
Toughen Up
Ignored Instinct
The Lost Wolves
Cell Mates
Angry Inner Wolf
Deliverer
Parting Clouds
True Strength
Fancy Tea

Moving On

4K 190 12
By ladylarkin

A murmur of soft hushed voices was all I heard. 

Soft voices.. 

I think it would be a good idea to open your eyes now. We've rested enough. My wolfs voice matched the ones around me

I didn't respond to him and instead blinked my eyes open. Jason was standing before my bed speaking with another man, he was powerful but not as much as Jason. 

Both men looked in my direction, my mate quickly rushed over to my bedside. He pressed a hand against my forehead before kissing it gently. 

"I was so worried about you." He whispered against my head.

The wolf side of my rejoiced at the kind gesture.. but the human in me recoiled. 

I looked toward the stranger in the room. Jason straightened up and gestured a hand to him "This is the Alpha's Beta, his name is Damien. He was away for a bit on pack business but came back when you went missing." He explained. I offered a curt nod to him. 

"When you're feeling up to it, the Alpha wants to speak with you. He will be in his office most of the day." Damian's voice was hard and offered little emotion. He swiftly left the room once he relayed the information.

Jason looked to me again, "How are you feeling?" He asked.

I looked down at my body. My shoulder was wrapped around what I presume is the bruise from the fight, and I could feel pressure on my bitten leg as well. I didn't feel much pain thankfully.

"I'm just tired at the moment. I can probably head to see the Alpha now." 

He gave a short nod and pulled the covers off my body. All the IV's were removed and in their place were bandages of different kinds. Finally putting pressure on my legs brought out an ache of pain and I winced at the contact. Jason went to grab me but I put a hand up. "I'm fine. Just a bit sore is all."

After a bit of struggling with putting shoes on and Jason insisting I wear a jacket, we finally made it out of the clinic. I swear I've been to the doctor here more than I have through my entire life so far. I walk out of this clinic at least once a week and half the time I don't remember getting taken there in the first place.

Walking into the winter air was a welcome change to the stuffy clinic. Though I did feel the chill, I still enjoyed it the same. 

It seems our injuries are preventing us from our immunity to the cold. Best to keep a jacket until we heal up a bit more. My wolf offered.

I hope it doesn't take too long.. 

"Do you have any news on the wolves we saved? You found Ruby and Pike right?" I nervously asked.

"We did. They're all in quarantine right now to ensure they weren't fed what the pack ate and once all is cleared they will be fostered out. We already have a list of wolves wanting to either adopt or foster some until they do find homes here."

Something bloomed within me that I couldn't explain.. it was like.. a mix of pride.. and feeling accomplished but also.. I don't know. I can't believe we managed to pull this off and save them all. That wolf was right.. I need to listen to my instincts. 

The house was fairly empty when we entered it and boxes were scattered across the floor. What the..?

"This way." Jason spoke.

"Wait." I grabbed his arm. He spun around and looked at me quizzically.

"Were you the one who found me by the river?" I asked.

"Yeah.. why?"

"Your wolf was different." 

"So was yours." He answered. "Come on."

My wolf was different? What?

He led me over to the Alphas office and knocked quickly before opening it. The room was comfy and had a large desk sat near the furthest wall. Family portraits hung on the walls and the large window was open allowing a cool breeze to blow through. 

"Good to see you in one piece Dustin. Please take a seat." He pointed to the chairs in front. I quickly listened and sat down. My nerves were spiking at the limitless possibilities on where this conversation was headed. 

The Alpha finished typing and put his paper work aside before leaning back in his chair. His eyes meeting mine, " I understand you just got out of the clinic, but I need to you to be completely honest on why you did what you did. Not only were you in severe danger but things could have gone south very quickly for the rest of the pack. Do not lie."

I glanced between the Alpha and Jason before letting my head drop. "Jason told me that the wolves you rescued were being using as bait.. and that you didn't save them all. After what I did to Onyx I couldn't stay back and wait for you to order another rescue mission.. I needed to save them. Everything was fine rescuing the first three.. I killed one of the guards and we managed to escape in the night with your help. But I needed time away.. I killed someone.. I ripped his head clean off and I felt no remorse." Do I tell him about the wolf I saw? 

I took a deep breath, "When I fell asleep at this pond.. I met someone. I don't know who they were but it was another white wolf.." My voice trailed off for a moment. I suddenly felt immensely different compared to the two dominant wolves sitting with me. I felt so small.. so powerless. My voice was barely above a whisper when I continued. "This wolf.. spoke to me. Without even needing to link with my mind. They told me I needed to trust my instincts and that they would give me knowledge on who I truly am.."

I took a moment to compose myself again. Neither Jason or the Alpha looked upset with me but their faces were blank. Am I going to be punished for this? 

Fear crept into my being as my mind was taken back. 

His scent.. the feeling of his skin on mine.. pain. 

I clutched the arms of the chair as the mans lifeless eyes now bore into mine. His metallic blood mixing with the scent of Jason's sweat. I gripped my eyes shut as my mothers broken body pushed its way forward. Everything suddenly felt much more difficult. I couldn't breathe.. I couldn't think of anything else. Maybe I deserve this. This is the world getting back at me for disobeying orders and killing people. 

Hands gripped my shoulders and lightly shook. I opened my eyes and was staring back at a panicked Jason. 

I found my breath again and released my hold on the chair. 

"Dustin.. we aren't upset with you. I promise. We just want to know what happened.. because a normal wolf would not have been able to pull off what you did." He brushed a tear that was running down my face. "Do you wanna take a break?" He asked.

I shook my head. " No.. its fine." He sat down again, but his worry didn't fade. 

Where did I leave off?

The wolf gave you knowledge. My wolf responded.

Thanks..

"When the wolf left.. I woke up and everything hurt.. but the wolf told me that there was more to that pack and that I needed to trust my instincts.. so I did. I went back to the pack and snuck my way back in and pretended I never left. The Alpha took me to his personal quarters and put me in a room with Ruby and Pike.. apparently another pack is looking for white wolves. We were planning on digging out as soon as I was tossed in but.. they had other plans. I was forced into a ring to fight." Jason jumped to his feet and slammed his fists on the desk. 

"What!?" 

"Its fine! The only injuries I got were the bruise and the bite.. My wolf took over and we killed the one wolf." 

Jasons head snapped to me but he sat back down nonetheless.

"I got sent back to the room and from there we dug out. I notified you and we escaped." 

The Alpha ran his hands down his face before leaning forward in his seat. Both father and son seemed indifferent with the information and neither said a word after I finished. 

I sunk back into the chair and found myself feeling drained.. I don't know what happened a few moments ago but I'm afraid it's going to happen again. 

"Thank you for everything you've told us." The Alpha now looked to Jason. "Go call an immediate meeting. It is time to further discuss what is going to be happening from here on out."

"Yes Alpha." Jason responded before exiting the room. 

"Dustin.. you did obey my orders and put a barrier up between your pack.. next time please don't push us away. I know it's been an extremely rough start for you here but we want to make amends with you and work on moving forward." He rose up from his chair and gestured for me to follow. "Because of your actions we managed to save five more wolves.." He rested a hand on my shoulder and stood in front of me. I looked up at him and met his eyes. "I'm very proud of you. Thank you for what you're doing for this pack." His hand dropped to his side and he kept walking. I felt frozen to the ground. 

My own father hadn't told me he was proud of me in years.. not since my mother was killed. 

I resumed following him as we walked to the indoor hall. The room was already filled to the brim with the pack and a hush whisper sounded about. 

"Follow me up to the front." The Alpha spoke to me.

I offered a simple nodded and walked to the front. The Alpha stood before the crowd and raised his hands, silencing the murmurs.

"I'm sure you are all are wondering about what has transpired recently. We had received word from a neighboring pack, that another was using young wolves as bait dogs to train others. We managed to save two but a member of our own took matters into their own hands and rescued the last five. Due to their efforts we have managed to kill their Alpha and disband the pack completely. This was all thanks to our white wolf, Dustin." He gestured to me. The room erupted into cheers.. I fought back images of fighting in the arena.

The Alpha raised up his hands again and the room settled. "Now on to more news.. due to the recent growth of our pack and the many new members we have received.. we will be moving within the coming week. I sold off this land and found a much large property for our growing pack to dwell in. Construction has already begun on adding a bit more things that we may need. For now, begin packing up your homes and get ready to move out in one week. Thank you everyone for your cooperation!" 

With that the meeting was over and everyone began filing out. 

We're moving? 

Maybe being in a new place will help settle my nerves and whatever is going on. I wonder how Julie..wait I haven't seen Juliet yet?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6.8K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...
787K 22.5K 53
Dustin is an openly gay 17 year old who sticks up for kids at school. He's willing to give his life up for someone he doesn't even know. When a pack...
53.4K 2.6K 9
Everything I ever had and known was taken away from me. My family, my life, my identity, everything. Alpha Kannon was the main reason for it. He tort...
129K 4.1K 20
I felt warm inside, just that...I had this strong desire of protecting him and keeping him safe for the rest of our lives. As I laid my eyes on him...