FOUR QUARTERS

By InkPrincessMarcia

Simone's life changes when her best friend Maddison presures her to date the schools senior quarterback. Six... More

FOUR QUARTERS
PREGAME PLAYER (cast)
FOUR QUARTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Second Quarter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
HALFTIME
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Third Quarter
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Fourth Quarter
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
OVERTIME
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Author's note πŸ“’
NEW BOOK ALERT

Chapter 84

3.3K 174 58
By InkPrincessMarcia

                          Gavin

                      {Next week}

“Gwen tell me everything is in place.” “Gavin everything is in place.” “Are you mocking me?” She laughed a little. “No, I’m serious everything is in place. Stop worrying.” “How can you tell me to stop worrying. I want her birthday party to be something she will always remember.” “She will just relax.” I sit down looking around at the half did room. “What’s really bothering you.” “I’m petrified I’m going to mess things up with Simone and Jonah again.” “How? Why would you.” “I’m not planning to it’s just there.”

“Gavin listen to me. Your not the same high school boy. You’re a grown man and since you found out you have a son you have really been doing all you can to be in his life. It’s still you have a lot to learn about Jonah and Simone but more importantly yourself. You have a beautiful family Gav, don’t let your dark thoughts mess it up.” I smile. “I told Jonah something like this not long ago.” “Then what is it? And the truth this time. “I won't lose them. Jonah is going off to college and I still want to do so much with him. Simone, I just want to grow with her every day. I-I don’t know.” “I think I do. You just got Simone back and things are slowly building with you and Jonah and it’s going to change again.”

“I should have tried harder. To find Simone. I ask her mom again. To just do anything.” “Gavin stop that’s enough. Yours, Simone, and Jonah’s tears are what is going to nourish these relationships, and who knows it might even bring Simone and Jonah closer. The tears yall have shed have to lead yall to this point, this place. Yes, it was a long time. Our time is not like God’s timing. Stop worrying.” “I don’t want Jonah or Simone to be Maddison or anybody else’s victim again. Even though that bitch is somewhere out there what if she comes back to hurt and torture them again. I just want her done with once and for all. I’m sick of her calling.” “Find out what she wants.”

I looked at Gwen. “This is taken over you the only way for it not to is to face that twisted bitch. You know her games and her manipulation so what can she do to you.” Thinking about what Gwen said I got my keys left. Arriving at the hospital as sick fell upon me while anger coursed through me when I thought about all she did to Simone and I, then my son. I knew the room number I just walked into her room. Her head turned in my direction “Gavin,” she said happily. “You finally came.” “Maddison I just came to tell you a few things.” “But you do I need to say this before I can't anymore. Well, two things actually.” I nodded for her to continue.

“I know what I did was wrong but can you blame me. I had to protect Simone.” “Wait let me get this straight you did all of this protect her. How?” “It doesn’t matter what does is that I love her, she is my best friend and if I had to do it all over again.” “You would still have done it, Maddison. Only this time you would have made sure you didn’t get caught and Allen didn’t rat you out.”

“That’s not true.” “It is” “I want to talk to Jonah.” I laughed. “If you think you for a split second you are getting near my son they have you on too much pain medicine cause you have gone delusional.” “Now what else do you want.” “Gavin,” she says in a seductive tone. “Stop your shit now.” “Come on Gavin, just one more time. I’ll make it worth the trip.” She says as the flings the covers off her and opens her legs.

“I’m not even tempted. I should have never married you. I never wanted to be with you. I am going to marry the woman I am falling in love with. The mother of my kids. You will never be her or compare to her. You took enough from us and I will not allow you to take anymore. All your games are done with. I have my family and neither  you or some other bitch is going to make a mess my family up.” “you forgive Allen, but not me. You know that little pussy wanted to tell you a long time go back in college, to be honest. Remember that weekend he went M.I.A, I slipped him some acid. Actually a lot of it. I couldn’t have him fucking up what I had done.”

“You can't touch us Maddison, none of us anymore.” I leaned down to her ear. “I wish that fall would have killed your ass.” She laughed. “I fucked Simone before you did. I will always be the one who gave her, her first orgasm. Who knew what she tastes like.” She laid back on her bed laughing. “Maddison. Who is Simone with.” I laughed then walked her room as she called my name.  

                           Jonah

After Steve dropped me off I was nervous but I went and knocked on the door. The door open he stood tall. “Well, Jonah this is a nice surprise.” “Can I come in.” “Of course we were about to eat and since neither of us cooked we are going out. Care to join us? We can order in.” Before I could speak a voice stopped me. “Who is at the door?” She said. “Our grandson.” She came from the back with a smile on her face. “Hello Jonah, how are you?” She said hugging me

“Can I talk to both of yall.” “Of course.” Mrs. Langford said as she offered me a seat and they both sat in front of me. “I know yall know momma and Gavin are engaged and I am happy for them.” I took a deep breath. “Yall are my only grandparents I have but just like with Gavin it’s going to take me some time. I’m sorry I wish I could flat come out and say your this to me and your that; however, I’m not at that point. I’m working on it. That’s the best I can do.”

“Jonah you don’t need to apologize. We respect your feelings. Were we right in our actions at when we asked yall over for a family dinner, no we were not.” Mr. Langford said. “We were so caught up in having a grandchild nothing else mattered. We owe you and your mom a long overdue apology.” “That’s fine. I just need to do this on my own. This is new to me and my family.”  I said in awkward tone hoping they didn’t pick it up before continuing. “Are complete with strangers to me.” “What would you like to know.” “First can you tell me about Gavin.” They both smiled and nodded yes then begin.

                       Simone

Pulling up in my driveway from work I see Gavin’s truck parked. Getting out my vehicle I go in my house only to be met with Gavin’s blue eyes. “Hey, beautiful.” He said kissing me. “Hey, you,” I said smiling. “How was work.” “It was good. I am getting everything straight for next season seeing as I won’t be there.” “I know you're happy about going back to play in the NFL Gavin you don’t have to contain your excitement.” “I am happy but I am happier that I am marrying you.” I kissed him passionately. He broke the kiss “Go out on a date with me tomorrow?” I laughed and went to sit down on the couch. “Gavin do you remember the last time we went out on a date.” I laughed but notice the look on his face.

“I remember you wore those white pants, the look on your face when I held your hand, the look in your eyes when I took your virginity, the way your body felt against mine when you came for the first time. I remember how hot your body felt.” I interrupted him. “That’s enough Gavin.” He smirked. “Getting wet. you're pussy throbbing” “Where are we going for this date.” He laughed. “What kind of house do you want? He asked. “I don’t know.” “Are we moving.” “To be closer to Jonah of course.” “what team are you signing with. I will tell you later.” “Haven’t decided yet have you.” “No. I need to make this decision with you and Jonah.” “I’ll go out with you tomorrow. Where we going.” “Don’t worry about it.” He said kissing me “Let’s go take a shower?” Gavin asked before I could answer he picked me up and we to take a shower.

                          Gavin

                    {Next day}

Walking in the venue I am blown away at what I see. “Gwen” I called out. She came running from the back. “It’s not done yet, but I promise it will be tonight and carters will be on time.” “It looks amazing. Thank you.” “You have changed from yesterday” “I’m not letting my thoughts ruin what I am building with my family.” I kissed her on the cheek. “I’ll see you in a few Gwen.” Then left. Driving I pulled up at my parent's house and went to the pool house and sat down thinking about Simone and I.  

“Deep in thought.” “Yes, ma’am.” “Happy birthday momma” “Thank you, baby. What’s on your mind.” “Simone.” “She invading your thoughts.” “I just want to love her and make up for the hell I caused her.” “You can't change the past you learn from it.” “I learned Ima a dick for what  said to her.” “Yeah, you were you. I just realized you and Jonah are more alike than you two can see.” “The past haunts and controls yall.” “I’m just thinking out loud. We made Jonah in here and I was just thinking. I’m not living in the past.”

“I’m proud you Gavin Lukas Langford. You grew up even more in the past few months.” “Momma when I found out I had a son everything changed. I can't explain but it just did,” “That’s all in becoming a parent.” I nodded. “We better get ready.” “Momma. I’m sorry. My selfish actions caused you, dad and Gwen miss out on knowing your grandson and Gwen, her nephew.”  She hugged me. “We are a family and we are going to be alright.” She kissed my cheek then left. I smiled at the empty room as I then left.

After my shower, I was about to get dressed when I heard my phone I saw a text from Gwen

Gwen: Everything is set for tonight.

I smiled then got dressed. When I arrived I saw Steve and Jonah talking to my parents as well as Simone’s brothers. I walked up to them. “Hey yall,” I said they said hello’s in unison. “You went all out didn’t you,” Patrick said laughing. “I don’t think did enough.” “Have you seen all of this. Gwen had me here doing a lot of this and you say you didn’t do enough.” Odell said shaking his head. Patrick and I laughed. “She is about to arrive.” Gwen said. “I’ll see yall in a few” I went out to get her when I saw her step out the car I had to hold back everything I wanted to say and do to her.

“There is not even a word for how beautiful you look tonight Simone.” I just stared at her, drinking in all of her beauty. “You look handsome Gavin. I love this dress.” “I can't take my eyes off you.” She dropped her head laughing. “Stop Gavin. Let's go inside.”

I hit send on my phone letting them know we are on our way in. Soon as the door open we heard them starting to sing. I walked Simone to the middle of the floor as Wale and Usher sang.

After the song, I got down on one knee. Simone Josephine Peterson, I have made plans for you, for us. I use to be scared but you have conquered my demons and dark thoughts. You have everything Simone, my soul, my heart, my dreams, my flaws. Sweetheart, you have everything.” I took out the ring and open the little black box.

As Ne-Yo too the stage and sung Part of the list.

After he that sung that song he went to the next sung Make It work.

As he sang Simone and I bored into the depths of the eyes of each other. The tears slid down her face I fought to keep mine at bay. ‘I love you’ I mouth to her

It took hard work but I had to for her as Jodeci took the stage and sung Love You For Life.  

More tears fell from her beautiful brown eyes. After the song, I spoke again “You gave me things money can't buy. You gave me our kids, but you gave me your heart. I know I made mistakes and baby please know I am so sorry.” As I was talking the song Tell Me It’s Real was being sung in the background

“I am less than nothing with you. Baby, I know what it feels like to be real to be whole, and I don’t want to lose it. I know without a doubt God made you be my rib. Our story is one that I want us to tell our grandkids about. Simone will you do me the greatest honor and marry me.”

She nodded her head. “Yes, I will marry you” I slipped the ring on her finger. Then hugged her and kissed her as K-Ci and JoJo song All My Life as we danced.

This song fits us so perfectly.” I whispered in Simone’s ear. “I do love you too Gavin."

Simone and I looked at Jonah who was looking at us with a bright smile on his face.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 58.4K 50
[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, with ideal parents, loving family however...
413K 20.6K 41
"They never thought it would end as it did..." Keenan Lockhart is the star quarter back of his senior football team. He has money, girls, and the goo...
5.7K 376 37
In book
15.2K 549 22
W..wwhats yours?" "You.. your lips your fat ass your neck your boobs your pussy your thighs .... everything..Now answer my question why do YOU have o...