Monster: A Werewolf Romance

By krystlelight

#4 in romance #1 in jealous, passionate, hot #3 in rejection, hot #5 in badboy, funny #9 in wattpad, steamy #... More

DISCLAIMER!
It's Published!
Cast
1. THE BEGINNING
2. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?
3. WE TALK, LEE TALK
4. SNAP!
5. BELATED BIRTHDAY
6. FOUND
7. HUGS AND TEARS
8. HEY FRIEND, I AM ANGRY
9. JERKS AND BITCHES
10. WHO DAT?
11. A MONSTER IN THE MIDST
12. DATE IN THE LOO
13. A FRIEND IN NEED
14. A FRIEND INDEED?
15. COFFEE AND CALLS
16. CAN'T CHILL
17. UNWANTED GUESTS
A/N
18. RIGHT WHERE I WANT YOU
19. HATE
20. WE NEED TO TALK
21. WHY?
22. A GIFT OF CHOICE
23. DROWNING MAN
24. KISS YOUR TEARS
25. KYLE, BE WISE
26. BUT HE DOESN'T
27. ALPHA AND BETA
28. START
29. ISSUES
30. DRINKS AND DANCES
31. NOT HER
32. WHY ME?
33. MORNIN'
34. HERE WE GO AGAIN
35. WHAT AM I EVEN DOING?
36. THESE FEELINGS?
37. NEW FRIENDS
38. TWO CAN PLAY THIS GAME
39. OH, RUN
40. WHAT THE-
New Story!
42. HOTTIE
43. NOOBIE
#DonateforAustralia
44. WINNIE AND SPIDEY
45. CHEESE, KETCHUP AND A LIL MORE
46. THE STARS
47. LIPS BURN COLD
48. A PUNCH, A KICK
49. ABOVE ZERO
50. 8K
51. ANOTHER WORLD
52. PLEASE DON'T MESS WITH ME
53. PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVERS
54. RUN AWAY
55. I LOVE-
56. IT TAKES LITTLE TO BECOME EVIL
57. IT WAS BETTER LEFT UNSAID
58. RUNNING IN CIRCLES
59. GO?
60. A SILVER DRESS
61. GRAVITY
62. PUNCH
63. DEIRDRE
64. A LITTLE TOO LATE
65. LOVE
66. FROM MIDNIGHT TO DAY
67. PLEASE STOP, MASON
68. THIS IS HARD, MAN
69. PARTAYY
70. BURIED LOW
71. WITHOUT ME
72. BITTER
73. TELL ME, PLEASE
74. DOWN WE GO
75. BLACK AND BLUES
76. CRIMES OF THE GOOD MEN
77. LOVE LIKE A FATHER
78. HATE OF A FATHER
79. BLUEBERRY?
80. NECESSARY EVIL
81. ALPHA
82. MOVEMENTS
83. SHIFTING
84. TOO MANY DAYS
85. KYLE AND KAEA
86. SAPPHIRES AND DIAMONDS
EPILOGUE
Author's note

41. MOOD

19.7K 587 41
By krystlelight

KYLE

Her reaction was... amusing. Had I really been giving the impression of a murderer all these years?

I hoped not. I mean, I hated Kaea, sure. I didn't now. Sometimes I felt she didn't either, but then she was crazed to see me doing something like this.

It had felt...right. It felt right to see her smile. To see her eyes light up, to shut her up for two seconds.

It felt right to do this. Her eyes, amber, maybe they were light brown- I had been studying them for a decade and I still couldn't place them, but they were beautiful. They hid so much, and gave away so much.

Like cryptography. You just needed the key to unlock the whole code.

She had passed the ball to Rebecca, even when she knew that maybe Rebecca wouldn't be able to make that shot. But she did. She believed in her.

The way she set Jackson straight, the way her collarbone peeked out from her shirt, the way she bit her lips. Everything about her was driving me crazy.

Getting too ahead of ourselves, aren't we?

A small voice in my head spoke up. That part was right. She might never forgive me.

And it had been what- Two days? Three days? – Since we had actually started talking properly. There were times when she was heartless, ruthless- just horrible to people. And whenever I thought it was too much, that gave me enough reason to keep going.

She still wasn't as horrible to people as I was to her.

I sighed, eyeing the bottle of whiskey in the kitchen, then rollin my head back, I closed my eyes.

KAEA

"He did what?!" Lee screamed through the phone. "What the hell?!"

"I don't know." I whispered furiously. "Can you speak a little less loudly? My ears are bleeding."

"Sorry." She said, still very loudly. "I am just so... confused."

"What is confusing about this? This is just well.. out of nowhere."

"Exactly, my point. What the hell is going on in his brain? And he asked you on a date? What the hell?"

I let out a breath. I had no idea what was going on in his brain. I had tried to unravel it, thinking there would be an answer. I had found two. One would hurt me & break me and the other would scare the bejesus out of me.

"I don't know, Lee. You think I should go?" I wanted to. I really wanted to. Half because I was curious, but half because some part of me really did want to.

"Well he swore an oath. He won't murder you, or do anything wrong. But Kaea... what if he is just trying to emotionally manipulate you?"

"You think that?"

"I mean... I don't Kaea. I don't exactly trust him, you know."

She was right. I could be walking myself right into a trap of emotional nightmares. What if he was manipulating me? What if him trying to be nicer was just another step into his stupid, psycho plan?

I didn't trust me farther than I could throw him. And I couldn't throw him whatsoever.

But what if he wasn't? What if this was his way of showing that he was changing?

Only one way to know.

***

"So?"

"What?" My dad asked, eating a toast and glancing at me.

"How did you like our report?"

"Oh but that is something me and the Alpha will tell you both at the same time, Kaea." He smiled mischievously. "Are you nervous I won't like it?"

"No, because Mom already told me you did."

He scowled at her, feigning annoyance. "Damn."

"Meet you at the pack house?" I asked, putting picking up my bag.

"You are going early."

"I thought I would read up on a bit of our pack's history." I blushed.

He hmm-ed. And when he looked into my eyes, I felt like a deer caught in headlights. "Kyle won't be there."

"What? Why? Never mind, I am not going for him."

"Alright, then. Meet me at 9 at the Alpha's office."

As it turned out, my father was right. Kyle wasn't there. That meant I came in earlier than him, which pleased me for some weird reason because coming early was not a competition. And yet, I couldn't keep the smug look out of my face as I tore open books on werewolf history.

Supposedly the goddess had converted thirteen people to werewolves as gift, although seven of them had mysteriously disappeared. Their mates were humans, which was common early on, but as out population increased it became quite rare. The werewolves divided into packs for effective control and...

Someone tapped on the table. "Busy?"

I looked up. Kyle. Checked my watch. 8.50 am.

He was one hour twenty minutes late.

"You are late." I grumbled.

He was silent for a time, but then spoke. Hesitantly at first, "Abi had some problems."

"She still staying with you?"

"Yes." Short and curt.

I looked at my watch again realising we had to meet with our fathers, but as soon as I opened my mouth, he beat me to it.

"The Alpha has called us both."

I nodded back, but as we walked to the room, an awkward silence had settled between us both. I picked on my nails, looking anywhere but him, trying to think about ways the report could have gone wrong. The Alpha...

"Why do you not call you father- dad?" I asked, out of nowhere. Well a decade of communication tends to mess up the said skill.

"It just... it didn't feel right."

I waited for him to explain, but it was clear he wasn't going to. So I wagered a guess. Like the excellent listener that I was. "Is it because of his... status?"

He gazed at me, stoic. "We are here."

Fine then, if he didn't want to say, then I don't want to hear.

***

"Who wrote this?" The Alpha and Dad were sitting, looking upon our report. My heart beat furiously, and nervously. I was the one who came with the most of the things- what if they said it was the stupidest things they had ever seen? I had suggested some rather radical changes to channel money to the right causes, and it included taking away assets from people with criminal records against them and I-

"This is really good. Creative, radical, bold." The Alpha eyed Kyle, and then cracked a smile. "I don't suppose you wrote this."

The corner of Kyle's mouth turned up as well. "No. It was all her."

"Not all me. He came up with some amazing things too." Me being angry at him aside- I wasn't about to take the whole credit for this thing.

The both nodded. Then my father spoke up. "It obviously has some mistakes. Some things won't work practically, but there is a lot in here that we can use even right now." He nodded slightly at both of us. "Good work both of you."

My heart swelled. My father was a strict man, and every time he said something like this, I always wanted to sit for ten minutes and take it in like it was the only source of sunshine.

"We wanted you to go on fieldwork with us, till Saturday. Kaea with me, and Kyle with the Alpha. It will be mostly finance related, especially that one scheme about the children in the pack house... who came up with that?"

"I did." Kyle said.

My father and his father were both surprised- like I was when he suggested that.

"Okay, you are suggesting here that we should ask for donations than just cutting the money through taxes, and have the schools and the kids perform some events for this. Would you be willing to do something small-scale for this? We want to see the results."

He nodded. "I would need Kaea with me."

They both eyed us curiously. Then stared at each other, exchanging words with sight. Then looked at me. "Fine. E-mail us the plans. You have two weeks."

We both nodded and got out of there, but I stopped him. "You can do this alone."

He looked at me, rather sadly. As if he was seeing something that I wasn't. "No, Kaea." He tilted his head. "I can't do this without you."

I sighed. I was hoping to have some time alone, to sort out this mess in my head. But meeting him everyday?

It confused me even more.

______________________________________________

In the media box, you'll find, "In a mood by theseconsex".

Sometimes YouTune recommends the best of songs.

K R Y S T L E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 78.1K 60
"I call bullshit." Digging my finger into his broad chest, I met his intense stare without an ounce of fright, "I've been calling bullshit for the pa...
359K 11.1K 30
"My body and my wolf may want you but my brain and my heart don't." I said, proud of my words. "They will." ~•~•~•~•~•~ Weird, clumsy, smartass and b...
54.6K 830 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
12.8M 451K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...