Shelter//Scott McCall 3

By voidhales1242

~The Empath can literally feel what another person feeling. Depending on your particular gift you may feel th... More

Season 3A: Cast
~SOUNDTRACK~
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~

~11~

920 20 0
By voidhales1242

        Chapter 11: Heroic Villain

Chapter Song: Knocking on Heavens Door by RAIGN

"Mama put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore. That cold black cloud is comin' around and I feel like I'm knockin' on heavens door."

~
              French class after practice was utterly depressing, Ms. Morell was trying to teach but it was obvious that there was tension in the air because of the empty seat that used to belong to the now dead, Kyle. I hadn't spoken at all this class or even answered a question which was a weird occurrence seeing as I loved this class and French, but right now I had too much going on inside my head. The worst part is that I couldn't shake a bad feeling I had, something was happening but I didn't know what. All I know was that I felt anxious and I didn't think it was my own emotion.

I couldn't sit still in my seat, I was shifting uncomfortably every few seconds and I think Ms. Morell could tell because she kept eyeing me strangely. To try and calm myself I turned to Allison in hopes of talking to her and letting her know what was happening but she was sleeping. Her head was propped onto her arms that were neatly tucked under head and I knew my chance of talking to her was a lost cause.

I grunted under my breath and tapped my foot on the ground now feeling anxiety of my own as the feeling got worse with each second. Everything in the room was making me feel more anxious and more scared, something was about to happen and I knew it. That's why in this moment I stopped moving around in my seat and did the one thing I knew I could, my hand shot up into the air just as Ms. Morell was giving us a phrase to repeat.

Her eyes snapped to me and she calmly stopped her pacing, " Oui, mademoiselle Hale?"

"Je peux aller aux toilettes ?" I had no idea if my French was off, I was not perfectly fluent like Allison but I was trying here and I really needed her to let me leave. Hopefully she'd be impressed enough that I actually spoke to her in French and allow me that gift.

She gave me a satisfied smile before nodding her head calmly and waving her hand towards the door to dismiss me into the hall. I smiled gratefully to her and dashed past the students in the class and out the door. I took a sigh of relief when I was finally out the door and headed towards Mr. Harris' where I knew Scott, Stiles, and Isaac were. I had opted out of his class this year and I was glad did, I hate that man.

I had to get at least one of them to come out and talk to me, I had to see if everyone was alright because my empath was trying to telling me something and I needed to know what.

Just as I was about to reach Harris' room and I could see Scott's face through the glass of the door, two different pains in my stomach and back rang through my body and sent me to the ground. I landed on my stomach but I flipped onto my back with a quiet cry, not wanting to alert anyone as I pulled myself against the wall.

As soon as I was in a sitting position, I finally looked down at my chest at the source of the pain, I swear I almost puked at the sight of it.

There was a gigantic hole through my chest that I was assuming was all the way through my back. I immediately clutched it and tried to apply pressure to it as it began to spill out my blood. This was an injury I could die from, I didn't know who had this injury right now but let's hope that they had something still stuck in them and didn't just have a gaping hole in them like me.

I pushed myself into a standing position with a cry as tears from the pain started flowing down my face as I continued to apply pressure to the front of the wound. Scott and Isaac probably heard my whimpering self by now but I didn't care about them right now, I had to get to the bathroom. I couldn't let anyone see me. The bathroom was my best bet.

I slowly but surely with blood leaking down my shirt and onto my pants hobbled with cries falling from my mouth to the nearest bathroom.

I pushed the door open with my shoulder and wobbled over to the farthest stall, the biggest one. I was getting light headed from all the blood falling further and further down my pants and staining my light pink shirt a now crimson read.

The whole front of my shirt was now fully soaked as I pulled myself into the stall and locked the door. My head rested against the door and I let out a strangled cry before falling to my butt and pushing myself all the way back to the wall next to the toilet. I let myself cry for awhile as my vision started to get blurry and I could feel the blood trickling up my throat. I was going to start throwing up blood soon.

I took that as my sign to finally fish my phone out my back pocket. I went to my contacts and tried to find the first available name to help me because at this point I didn't think Scott or Isaac heard me. As I scrolled the amount of blood became too much in my throat so with the phone still held in my hand I turned my head to the side and began coughing the blood out onto the floor next to me.

As I looked at the blood I began feeling like I really wasn't going to make it and I felt even worse for the person who I was connected to, they were feeling this just as much as I am. I let out a desperate cry that forced more blood out of my mouth and onto my chin as I scrolled more and finally found a name.

I pressed the call button and held the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I continued to hold my wound and cry helplessly. My healing wasn't working because the other person wasn't healing yet either so every minute of pain and blood loss was possibly bringing me close to death. Even though I was pretty sure I couldn't die from a replicated injury, but you never know.

I closed my eyes as the phone rang and reopened them every second, I didn't want to close my eyes. Just as I was losing hope of them answering their voice rang through the speakers on my phone, " Isabella? Why are you calling me, don't you hate my guts?" The person asked with a sass in their voice making me roll my eyes despite the pain.

" I need you. I think I'm dying, I'm in a bathroom at the school, hurry." I said before ending the call and throwing my now blood covered phone across the bathroom stall floor and sinking lower in my sitting position hoping and praying that the person I called would be my hero. That Peter could be a hero for once instead of a villain.

*****

I didn't know how long my eyes had been closed for or when I closed my eyes but they snapped open when I felt someone shaking me by my shoulders harshly.

I stared into their fear filled blue eyes as they let out a sigh of relief and I don't think I had ever seen that emotion on the man I saw in front of me. No, Peter never showed that he cared but right now he was showing it. Or at least faking it, I never knew with him.

I swallowed some of the blood in my throat and rubbed my bloody chin before grinning, " Hey, asswipe."

He gave me an annoyed look before shaking his head, " I thought you were dead and that's the first thing you say to me?"

I shrugged my shoulders and placed my hands down on either side of my body as I pulled myself into a higher seated position, " Yep."

He shook his head again and scoffed, " You're unbelievable."

I rolled my eyes, " And you're unbelievably stupid for thinking I was dead when you can hear heartbeats."

He gave me a disgusted look before saying, " Just shut up. It looks like your healing now, anyway. Who do you think was in trouble?"

" Well it obviously wasn't you. Allison was in French class, Isaac, Stiles, Scott and Lydia were in Harris', so that leaves my dad and Boyd. I don't think I'd connect to Cora yet so I'm guessing my dad. I saw Boyd right before French." I said with a sigh as I began to stand up with the help of Peter who immediately rushed to help me when I almost slipped on my own blood.

" I'll go check on him, but by the looks of you healing he's fine now." He said as he gestured towards me.

I gave him a sideways glare as I bent down to pick up my phone, " Just check on him, okay?"

He nodded his head and didn't say another word until he threw what looked like car keys at me and at the last second I caught them. I looked down at them strangely as I jingled them in my hand before looking back up at him, " What is this for?"

" Go to my apartment, clean yourself up. Stay there, rest. I have some extra sweats and stuff you can wear. I'll clean this up and make sure there's no blood in the hallways, You need to go and rest."

I gave him strange questioning look before pointing at him, " First of all, who is this and what have you done with my demon uncle and secondly, why can't I just go to the loft?"

" I've always been your uncle but it's time I start acting like a real one, I realized that when you said you could be dying. I felt the panic of you being dead... I knew you wouldn't die when I bit you but right then I didn't know. I couldn't stand the thought of losing another Hale, especially not you. You may make me want to strangle you sometimes and I know the feeling is mutual but your still my niece. To answer your second question, I would rather you go to my apartment because I have a feeling what ever happened to Derek happened at the loft, just don't go home."

I stared at him for a couple seconds in contemplation, would he really go and help my dad or did I need to do it myself? I was conflicted but if one thing wasn't conflicted it was the Empath. It was telling me to trust Peter, that he would go straight to my dad after cleaning this mess up.

That's what caused me to rush to him and fling my arms around his neck. His body froze in shock at the embrace but his arms slowly found the small of my back and he pulled me closer, careful not to squeeze the still healing wound on my back and chest.

I laid my head on his shoulder for a second and whispered in his ear, " Thank you for not being the villain for once. I appreciate it."

I then pulled away and gave him a smile before leaving him in that bathroom and dashing through the halls so no one would see me. As soon as I reached his car I plopped down in it with a sigh. I ran a hand coated with dried blood through my hair before starting the engine and speeding out of the lot towards Peter's apartment. If the empath told me he'd keep his word then I'd do as he said.

What I didn't know was that as I left my brother was getting blamed for beating up one half of the alpha twins to a pulp when really one had beaten up the other.

****

FROM DEMON UNCLE 😈:
Derek's okay. The Alpha pack decided to pay him a visit and stuck a metal pole through his back, sorry you had to feel that. Anyways, everything is good now they're gone, he's okay, Cora's okay. You can come home whenever or stay there, I won't be back there until late though.

I sighed with relief at my uncle's text as I plopped down on his comfortable couch and laid down on my back, my newly wet hair from my shower sprawled out in a curly blonde mess.

I held the phone to my now fully healed chest and thanked god for letting not only me live but also my dad. Usually when things like that happen, I power through the hurt and save the ones I loved but this time it was different. It was like I knew I didn't need to get to him, the empath in me knew he was alright. Maybe today my goal was to save myself and I did that.

Just as I was about to close my eyes from the exhaustion of the few short hours I had experienced today, my ring tone rang out loudly throughout Peter's silent apartment. I groaned loudly and without looking answered the phone.

"Hello?" I grumbled into the phone as I laid there on the couch.

" Where the hell are you? Allison said she fell asleep in French and when she woke up you were gone. Ms. Morell claimed you went to bathroom and never came back." Scott's worried tone filled my ears and the desperation in his voice made me sit up abruptly and my body filled with guilt.

I ran my fingers through my wet hair as I played with the small bit on my shoulders, " Her claim would be true then. I had meant to come see you or even Isaac but something kind of prohibited that from happening."

" You didn't answer the question. Where are you?" He said sternly into his phone. I could hear people on his side of the line talking next to him and I knew he was with Allison and Stiles. They sounded just as worried as him and were asking him question after question.

I sighed and pulled my legs into a crisscross position, " I'm at Peter's apartment. I was thinking of going to the loft soon but I don't know. All I know is that I'm not coming back to school today."

" How bad was the thing that happened that you ended up at Peter's house?" He asked with a chuckle in his voice. Upon hearing that I was at Peter's he obviously thought it was now just a joke, but it wasn't.

"I almost died." I said as bluntly as I could to show how serious and unfunny it actually was. I was at Peter's because it was my best option at the time.

I heard him gasp in surprise and the line went dead for a few seconds as I'm assuming the words settled in his mind, when he spoke his voice was barely above a whisper and you could hear the trembling in his voice, " You what?"

I sighed and repeated myself calmly hoping not upset him too much, we weren't together but the love wasn't gone and I knew he was about to flip out from the heartbeat I could hear through the phone, " I almost died, Scott. Well, at least I think I almost died. It was a lot of blood."

His side went silent for a few moments beside the quiet whisper of the now lowered voices of Allison and Stiles. I sat there nervously waiting for his answer, the only thing I could hear was him breathing heavily and my one hope was that he wasn't losing control.

Just as I was about to speak up and get Scott's attention back to me and try to reassure him that I was okay, the heavy breathing stopped and Scott's voice quietly came through the phone, " What happened?"

" I connected to my dad. I guess the Alpha pack paid him a visit and ran a metal pole all the way through his back. I tried to get to you guys before it happened to check on all of you, but I got kind of side tracked by all the blood." I stood up as I talked and walked around on the hardwood floor of the apartment. It was easier to talk about serious things like this if I had something else to focus on like the moving of my own two feet.

" How close did you get to us before this happened?" Scott questioned sadly, you could hear his disappointment in himself, Scott always had to be the hero and I could tell he felt ashamed that he wasn't mine today.

I hesitated for a moment not wanting to hurt Scott anymore than I had to with this information.. I couldn't tell him I was right outside the classroom could I? How would he feel knowing I was right there for him to help and he had no idea? I didn't get any blood on the floor outside the classroom so he'd never know if I lied, nothing to tell him that I wasn't telling the truth.... well except from the always constant skip of heart beats when lies are present.

Remembering that I couldn't lie to him like I could lie to Stiles or even Allison, I took a deep sigh and told him the truth, " I was right outside the classroom."

I heard him curse under his breath and it was more silence from him, I knew exactly what he was doing in this moment, he was blaming himself. I knew cause I could feel it and it wasn't just a minimal amount of guilt it was enough to make a normal person go crazy.

I sighed sadly as Scott stayed silent on the line, the only thing I could hear was his breathing which I assumed meant he left Stiles and Allison or they left him. He couldn't always be the hero, he had to know that right? Plus I was fine, as soon as my dad healed I did too.

I walked back over to the couch still holding the silent phone to my ear and plopped down on it again before speaking to Scott gently, "Please don't beat yourself up about this. Don't even try to tell me you're not because I can literally feel your guilt and it's heavy. Scott, I'm fine. I didn't actually die, it's okay."

He stayed silent the whole time I talked until the last sentence slipped out my mouth as soon as he spoke and I heard the tone of his voice I instantly regretted saying it.

" What if you did die though? How could I have lived on knowing you were right outside and I could have saved you but I didn't, how do you think that would make me feel?" He asked with anger seething off every word, I could tell he was trying to stay calm with me but he was struggling.

" I'd imagine you'd feel pretty horrible but Scott can we please not act like I actually did die? I'm alive can we at least be grateful for that?" I said with hope in my voice. I just wanted to drop this situation, I should have just lied and then hung up so he couldn't question me. Instead I had to start all of this, Yeah good one Isabella.

" What happens when this happens again and the person you connected with actually dies? What if you die with them?" He questioned quietly through the speaker, I could barely hear him but I swear I heard his voice crack.

" The book says that's not supposed to be able to happen. I mean I might have felt like I was about to die today but from what the book says I'm not supposed to be able to. I mean I didn't die when Erica did." I said with a shake of my head. When all the blood was escaping me I might have exaggerated. The book wouldn't lie to me, right? I wouldn't actually die from an replicated injury....right?

" What if the book is wrong?" Scott asked hesitantly.

" Then I guess we'll have to wait and see." I said with a heavy sigh. We didn't actually know if those facts were right, it was just a stab in the dark but it was the only thing I had to guide me. I needed to trust the one thing I had. Trust it not to let me die.

*******

I know I said I wouldn't come back to school that day but I had a feeling I needed to be there. That's why I was currently walking through the double doors, the hallway was empty considering everyone was either not here or in the lunch room enjoying the small amount of time they had away from class. I didn't know where in the school I had to go exactly I just let the feeling in my gut guide me. This is the second " feeling" I had today, let's just hope this one doesn't end with me having a hole through my body.

I had no idea what I was supposed to do but I knew I had to do something. Something felt weird, something was happening and I had the ability to stop it. I sped walked down multiple hallways until suddenly I stopped in my tracks. I titled my head curiously at what was before me, A vending machine was pushed against a door to be more specific it was pushed against a supply closet door.

I somehow knew this is why I was here but what did it mean? Was I just supposed to push it out of the way? Was someone in there? I started to approach the door slowly but as I did something hit the door from the other side making me jump back and gasp lightly.

Several bangs followed and I knew someone was now in there and who ever it was wanted out, bad. I focused my hearing as I got closer and closer, I could hear two heartbeats... two heavily racing heartbeats. Both terrified, of what I did not know. What I did know is that when I stood outside the door I finally caught the scents of the two inside and my eyes widened, It was Allison and Isaac.

With this new information I started to panic and hastily began pushing the vending machine away from the door. I had learned several months back where my fear of tight spaces had came from, I had adopted it from my twin brother who I hadn't even met. We didn't just have similar looks, we had similar fears. If he was losing control right now because of his fear then he could possibly hurt Allison and I would not let him hurt my best friend.

So, I grunted as I pushed the heavy machine one last time making it fall flat on the ground with a crash. I almost chuckled as it reminded me of when Stiles broke the one at the hospital but I knew now was not the time. I quickly flung the door open and raced inside not even thinking for a second as I saw my best friend pinned against a shelf with an angry looking Isaac looming over her.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and flung him to the ground before wrapping my now extended claws around his neck and throwing him out of the room. He quickly sprung to his feet to charge at me but was taken down as someone rammed into him and tackled him to the floor.

I shuffled over to Allison and ran my hand down her arm to show her that everything was alright now as we watched Scott pin Isaac to the ground.

Isaac was putting up a fight but everything stopped when Scott growled out, no he shouted at my brother, " Isaac!"

Everything stopped, Isaac stopped, Scott froze, I froze. I had never seen a beta have so much power in its voice, he sounded more like an alpha but that was impossible. I stared at him for a while longer in awe before his head snapped to mine and he stared back.

Isaac was in the middle of desperately apologizing to Allison while Scott and I had a silent stare down. I couldn't tear my eyes away from him... something was drawing me to him. I wanted to be his again right then and there, I was about to walk towards him when someone clearing their throat broke our trance.

Both of our heads snapped up to Isaac who was looking back and forth between the two of us strangely. My cheeks immediately went pink as I looked away from Isaacs strange look and grabbed Allison's arm to inspect the claw marks on her arm. They were bleeding and definitely swelling already.

I looked up at her and gave her a weak smile before shaking my head with a chuckle, " Your dad is going to kill me."

She chuckled too as I let her wrist go and began to walk out with her following closely behind me. I was still weirded out by what just happened with Scott, I always wanted to be near him anyways but something was pulling me closer to him. Last year, when Matt was controlling me he was making me do anything to get away from Scott, now something else wanted me closer to him. What the hell is going on?

Isaac pushed himself against the vending machine and fell down on his butt running a hand through his hair aggressively as he continued to sputter out apologizes to Allison. He kept repeating that he didn't mean to and I knew he didn't. I gave him a sad smirk before walking over and sitting down next to him. He didn't look over to me but I knew that he felt me next to him. I then slowly reached over and pulled him into me, much like he did for me once in the hallway before I even knew he was my brother. I put my chin on top of his head and rubbed his back soothingly.

As I held my brother, I heard Allison walk over to Scott and whisper to him, " It wasn't his fault."

I turned my head to them as I continued to rub Isaacs back and caught eye contact with Scott again. He nodded his head and tightly closed his lips together before speaking out softly, " I know." He then paused and moved his eyes to Isaac who slowly lifted his head from my embrace and looked at Scott as he spoke again," Now we know they're not just trying to make him angry, they want to get someone hurt."

He didn't have to say their names for me to know who they were talking about, the twins. We still had no idea what their original plan with me was but my guess was to make Scott angry and possibly hurt me. It was the only thing that made sense and I hated the fact that they were willing to let a human like Allison get hurt.

This is what led to me looking up at Scott with anger pooling through my eyes and my words dripping with venom as I said, " So are we going to do something?"

Scott nodded and gave me a smirk, one that reminded me of Jackson which could be bad and good but in this moment it was good. When Jackson smirked like that he was about to start chaos and from the next words that came from Scott's mouth I knew we were going to start some.

" Yeah, were going to make them angry. Really, really angry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 109 31
This is once again another Teen Wolf fanfiction. ----- Everything was over....right? Wrong. There has been a disease outbreak in Beacon Hills. It's a...
150K 3K 27
COVER CREDITS TO JENNIE! I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE SUCH AN AMAZING COVER! IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND EXACTLY WHAT I HAD WANTED AND MORE! GO CHECK OUT HER PROF...
6.7K 113 9
[BOOK 2] After facing a near-death experience thanks to Peter Hale, Sammy has to get her life back on track. She wants to leave Beacon Hills to find...
121K 3.3K 39
| Book One | The Alpha pack come into the town of Beacon Hills and more than one Hale comes back with it. With their packs fighting can Isaac and Y...